• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | August 2015

RK128

Get hype
6FzCH8E.png

One of my GotY contenders, a 2D Platformer with some nice platforming ideas.

Can someone make a thread about this please? This game needs more love.
Also spam the dev on twitter for Vita ver.

Cool :D! Its nice seeing this land on PlayStation and Xbox platforms after a successful launch on Nintendo systems :).

Hope they consider making a Vita version but I will still get it on PS4 when it comes out (should own one by the time this launches...).

Edit: Oh, mis-read that as 2016....I don' t mind waiting a bit to play the game :). My large backlog will last a very long while XD.

Tizoc

Cool :D! Its nice seeing this land on PlayStation and Xbox platforms after a successful launch on Nintendo systems :).

Hope they consider making a Vita version but I will still get it on PS4 when it comes out (should own one by the time this launches...).

Edit: Oh, mis-read that as 2016....I don' t mind waiting a bit to play the game :). My large backlog will last a very long while XD.

Your backlog can wait
This game's design is really good for playing short bursts.
Each stage is like 5 minutes long. Each world has like 7-8 stages, so you can play a bit, enjoy your time then go back to playing any of your bigger games.

It really stands out in terms of gameplay more than anything else IMO.

RK128

Your backlog can wait
This game's design is really good for playing short bursts.
Each stage is like 5 minutes long. Each world has like 7-8 stages, so you can play a bit, enjoy your time then go back to playing any of your bigger games.

It really stands out in terms of gameplay more than anything else IMO.

Like I said though, don't own a PS4 yet :l.

I know its on the 3DS (I think?) so if I really want to play the game, I can just play it on my 2DS or wait until a Vita port is announced :).

RK128

^Ah I figured you already had a PS4 :p
Get it on PC then the game isn't heavy on PC specs, and should run fine.

PS4GAF should def. consider backing this
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/polykid/poi-a-3d-adventure-platformer

Was waiting until some 'big' games got announced to push me into getting a PS4.....I think its safe to say that this years fantastic E3 really pushed me to make me get a PS4 this fall XD.

After trying out Freedom Planet on my computer and learning it runs very well on it, I'm sure Pip will run just as well on my laptop :).

Ventara

PSA: Always back up your saves with PS+ if you have it.

Was playing Terraria last night when it got an error, and it just so happened to be saving at that time. Save got corrupted. Lost dozens of hours. And I was near end-game, too. Was working on my adamantite armour and everything. I put so much time into that world. All gone.

I'll eventually get back into the game as I really enjoy it, but not for a long while.

SerTapTap

It's ridiculous the PS Vita doesn't default to cloud saving. First thing I do after launching a game

I got PR for that Adventures of Pip, hadn't heard of it.

Yasumi

Banned
Might grab La Mulana, Reel Fishing, and/or Criminal Girls depending on the price. Looks like SAO Vita got a price drop to match the PS4 version.

Tizoc

It's ridiculous the PS Vita doesn't default to cloud saving. First thing I do after launching a game

I got PR for that Adventures of Pip, hadn't heard of it.

It's a 2D Platformer, was on KS last year, and I backed it. What I played was better than I expected and it's a GotY contender for me.

SerTapTap

Yet another good sale where I have most of the games I'm interested in already. I guess I'll get Disgaea Infinite for $3 just so I can say I own all of the games.

Is Grimgrimoire any good? I love George Kamitani's art but Vanillaware's early games seem..rough. I guess $3 is worth it for the art alone, right?

Might grab R Type Dimensions too even though I think I already own 1&2

iosefe

Left this in week 2 thread
as someone with only 11 bucks in the wallet, and not wanting to add more...

between Dis1 and Dis2, which should i get? and what would i get IN addition to round out the 11 bucks?

Own Megaman 3 and X4 already. was considering 8. how is that?

VLiberty

It seems that the JAW tease was about the discount for Gravity Crash :/

btw, need to get it someday. If EU PSN will do a similar sale I might buy it, the only thing that would stop me is that I already own the original PSP game. Though I don't remember anything...

I've got an annoying bug with my Life is Strange PS4 version.

The game works fine, but it still says "Play Demo" and "Buy for £3.99" on the Icon on the PS4 menu. I've tried deleting the game, restoring the licences, but this annoying bug still remains. I think it's because the initial demo unlocks the full Episode 1, and since I bought the Season pass, it doesn't like it and still think it's the demo file.

Anyone experienced this before, and knows how to fix it?

RK128

It seems that the JAW tease was about the discount for Gravity Crash :/

What a tease man; its great that those awesome games are on sale for good prices but them teasing that gave the impression that a new port developed by them or a new project was coming :l.

Still, its great to see their Oddworld ports and Gravity Crash get some good sale prices :).

Great sale for back catalog stuff this week! Especially if you're a Vita owner. Time to buy more stuff I likely won't play...!

Looking at one or two classic Mega Mans, MM8, Pac-Museum (to get PMCE on my PS3 finally) and one Prinny.

So, GAF, which Prinny?

kng3025

Great sale for back catalog stuff this week! Especially if you're a Vita owner. Time to buy more stuff I likely won't play...!

Looking at one or two classic Mega Mans, MM8, Pac-Museum (to get PMCE on my PS3 finally) and one Prinny.

So, GAF, which Prinny?

Wondering this myself. I have enough for one of them, so I want it to count haha.

RK128

So, GAF, which Prinny?

I never played the series before, but a good bet would be the second one; any issues the first one had would be fixed in the sequel and more mechanics/features/ect might be in it :). Out of all the games part of this sale, those games alongside the PS1 Mega Mans would be the ones I have the biggest eye on.

I cleared room on my Vita after getting the normal ending to ReBirth 2 and now I am putting the MGS HD Collection on my Vita :). Didn't click with me when I played them back in 2013 so lets see if that changes now XD.

kunnikuman

Neo Member
I never played the series before, but a good bet would be the second one; any issues the first one had would be fixed in the sequel and more mechanics/features/ect might be in it :). Out of all the games part of this sale, those games alongside the PS1 Mega Mans would be the ones I have the biggest eye on.

I cleared room on my Vita after getting the normal ending to ReBirth 2 and now I am putting the MGS HD Collection on my Vita :). Didn't click with me when I played them back in 2013 so lets see if that changes now XD.
How do you know the second one would fix any issues or more mechanics. That is like saying each sonic games after the first one is better and has more mechanics/features but they get worse with each entry. Not a good bet at all.

Sonic games are pretty much all rubbish anyways imho.

RK128

How do you know the second one would fix any issues or more mechanics. That is like saying each sonic games after the first one is better and has more mechanics/features but they get worse with each entry. Not a good bet at all.

Sonic games are pretty much all rubbish anyways imho.

Ah, reaching for the low level fruit are we ;).

I know Gaf hates Sonic like he's the devils spawn or something, so no point in defending a series this forum hates so much; let people hate something if they want to.

Edit: You know, if you don't like me, cool, that's fine :). Sorry if I upset you, offended you or anything; but I won't stop posting in this thread due to the great community letting me in it.

So, I won't stop posting here and I'm sorry if you don't like me or whatever. But I won't stop posting here just because you disagree with any point I make.

autoduelist

Ignore him, life is too short.

Great sale ... I'd love feedback on Mulana, shinobido, reel fishing, and prinny.

Buying tons of stuff long on my wish list

kevin1025

Banned
Ah, reaching for the low level fruit are we ;).

I know Gaf hates Sonic like he's the devils spawn or something, so no point in defending a series this forum hates so much; let people hate something if they want to.

Edit: You know, if you don't like me, cool, that's fine :). Sorry if I upset you, offended you or anything; but I won't stop posting in this thread due to the great community letting me in it.

So, I won't stop posting here and I'm sorry if you don't like me or whatever. But I won't stop posting here just because you disagree with any point I make.

You're right about the second Prinny, it looks to be the better game based on some reviews and Youtube videos. I ended up buying the first game and hope to play it (one day...darn backlog). But the second game is there, and I'm weak when it comes to sales...

And keep posting!

RK128

Ignore him, life is too short.

Great sale ... I'd love feedback on Mulana, shinobido, reel fishing, and prinny.

Buying tons of stuff long on my wish list

Heard good things about Mulana; its a great Metroidvanna that is very, very old-school with both its art style and gameplay (very difficult).

Never played the Prinny series but they are 2D action/platformers that can be challenging but have a great sense of humor and fun gameplay :D.

Edit: And while this has no relation to PlayStation, I recommend you guys check out this thread I made covering two really well made Sonic Fan games :D. They take place before and after Sonic 2 and to me personally, stand tall next to the Genesis games in terms of quality :D.

The team behind these two fan games also is making a Kickstarter I talked about last thread called Spark the Electric Jester, which I have a link to in the thread I linked too. Really fun based on its demo :).

ChrisD

To buy a digital copy of Danganronpa 2 for replay, or not to buy a digital copy for replay. That is the question.

Disgaea has piqued my interest for a while, but I don't want to get into a massive timesink. Monster Hunter is already consuming my game time. TWO consuming games may just be too many!

If I switch over to my Japanese account in, say, November, will I still be able to play my PlayStation Mobile titles when I switch back to my American account? Surely you'll still be able to press the "active PSM" button, right?

I didn't think of this possible issue until after I bought a number of PSM games. The worry that I'll be locked out of my games due to the un-linking of PSN account every time I switch has kept me from enjoying Taiko. Too afraid to switch over and lose $20+.

If I switch over to my Japanese account in, say, November, will I still be able to play my PlayStation Mobile titles when I switch back to my American account? Surely you'll still be able to press the "active PSM" button, right?

Nope, activation of compatible consoles goes dark in September.

RK128

Nope, activation of compatible consoles goes dark in September.

So if people want to keep access to their PS Mobile games after Sept. but want to switch across different accounts (JP and EU), they have to buy an new Memory Card and Vita/PS TV?

....That sucks, as you can't back up the PS Mobile games in the future considering what you said :(.

Guess that is the result of Sony closing PS Mobile the way they did, but still, they could of thought of a better solution then what the current one is.

ChrisD

Scrreeeew that.

This is not the kind of thing I wanted to make me consider a second Vita. Either $25 in PSM games unplayable ever again or $70 in digital downloads just sitting in purgatory. I was going to say I made a poor decision in getting one or the other, but really it's on Sony so I don't feel too bad about my decision making lol.

Tizoc

Is Japan incapable of making a game that doesn't feature jailbait schoolgirls @_@
EDIT: Yo top of the page
Go buy all PSOne Capcom games on sale people.

Top Bottom