• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | August 2015

What Japan means when they say roguelike is a bit different than what the west means

I'd guess it's some kind of Mystery Dungeon game

Vylash

You have to give in and play one eventually.

nddcow4.gif

i'll never give up and i'll never surrender

official site for omega Laybrinth

http://newproject.d3p.co.jp/ NSFW, but you should know that by now

It has something called "Touch Starter", which I guess means something happens when enough people... touched them. Can't translate the Japanese because it's embedded in an image

EDIT: Hmm this may actually be a teaser site that's old I guess

Ryan95

I was wondering if there are some videos and/or photos of gamescom booths, baecause I'm really curious to see what NISA, Marvelous ,KT has brought to the show for the Vita (I'm especially interested in some Trails of Cold Steel goodness by NISA)

unrealist

I need help identifying a game I saw someone playing on the train on his Vita. It was an isometric view, diabloish style with an NPC following him. Whenever he attacked monsters in real-time. "Excellent Kill" will sometimes pop up on the screen. Looks fun.

Saphirax

I was wondering if there are some videos and/or photos of gamescom booths, baecause I'm really curious to see what NISA, Marvelous ,KT has brought to the show for the Vita (I'm especially interested in some Trails of Cold Steel goodness by NISA)

NISA needs to announce their 2016 lineup already D:.

Yasumi

Banned
official site for omega Laybrinth

http://newproject.d3p.co.jp/ NSFW, but you should know that by now

It has something called "Touch Starter", which I guess means something happens when enough people... touched them. Can't translate the Japanese because it's embedded in an image

EDIT: Hmm this may actually be a teaser site that's old I guess
It's not exactly old. It only took like half an hour to get the 800,000 clicks needed to unlock the announcement.

Prelude.

Amazing chest(s) ahead.

For Marvelous, check their twitter. They have Corpse Party Blood Drive.

I need help identifying a game I saw someone playing on the train on his Vita. It was an isometric view, diabloish style with an NPC following him. Whenever he attacked monsters in real-time. "Excellent Kill" will sometimes pop up on the screen. Looks fun.
Ys: Memories of Celceta maybe?

NISA needs to announce their 2016 lineup already D:.

For real. They normally have a packed Q1 and release a fair few games in Feb/March. So far they don't have anything announced for next year.

This year has been kinda slow for them. They've done a lot of European publishing work, but not as many of their own titles (8 by my count, compared to 10 last year)

RK128

I'll just leave this Attack on Titan Vita/PS3/PS4 trailer here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei5Po1xKWig

That looks awesome :D!

Hope Omega Force uses what they learned through making Hyrule Warriors, Toudken and Dragon Quest Heroes to make this really stand out :).

Their trademark crazy action + air based combat? Sounds like a great mash-up to me XD.

Really happy this is also coming to PS3 and Vita as well; more people can play the game and it gives the Vita yet another great game from JP :D.

Also nice that a localization announcement was with the initial reveal; meaning we don't have to wait for a localization announcement 3-6 months from now and hold out hope of it coming over. We can be hyped about it now instead :D!'

For real. They normally have a packed Q1 and release a fair few games in Feb/March. So far they don't have anything announced for next year.

This year has been kinda slow for them. They've done a lot of European publishing work, but not as many of their own titles (8 by my count, compared to 10 last year)

I'm willing to bet that TGS is where we will see the bulk of their future line up and the PSX or a press release covering localization's of their new projects.

They have to have a lot coming next year but they wasn't ready to show anything off during the AX, so they had to hold them back for a latter date I guess.

Oh Japan, how odd you are at times XD!

Hope the game ends up being a great product and I wonder what it means by rouge-like. Something similar to Rouge Legacy (perma-death) or something more in the line of the mystery dungeon games.....

Guess we will see more about the game in the future :).

SerTapTap

What Japan means when they say roguelike is a bit different than what the west means

I'd guess it's some kind of Mystery Dungeon game

Yeah Mystery Dungeons are completely manageable and little like western roguelikes. Which is to say, they actually play like Rogue, unlike western games, but they aren't really 100% permadeath progress-erasing like Rogue.

Though they can be frustrating like Etrian Mystery Dungeon currently is. Fuck anything that halves your health.

To buy a digital copy of Danganronpa 2 for replay, or not to buy a digital copy for replay. That is the question.

Disgaea has piqued my interest for a while, but I don't want to get into a massive timesink. Monster Hunter is already consuming my game time. TWO consuming games may just be too many!

You can play Disgaea like a completely normal SRPG. It's not necessarily the "ideal" way to play it, but a lot of people really fail to grasp how the series works. You can play the game like it's Final Fantasy Tactics with almost never reincarnating, almost no grinding, only play the story and shelve it if you want. The super grinding one billion damage stuff is lategame and entirely optional, you get into it if you're feeling like it.

Myself I got up to 25 million damage per hit in Disgaea 3, a paltry million or so in Disgaea 4, only dipped my toe in postgame for Disgaea 1&2 (but beat the PSP only second stories) and I only played the main story in D2. Hoping the Land of Carnage unlock isn't complete bullshit in Disgaea 5 like it is in 4 and I'll possibly go back into crazy numbers territory.

As for PSM guess you'll just have to play 'em quick or not mess about with accounts. I haven't bothered anyway, I do my importing on PS4/3 or physical Vita. Fairly rare there's something digital only, Vita only and Japan only I'd want other than DLC

RK128

Any chance Square announces FF XII Remaster today?!

I don't think so :l; the showed off a small trailer for FFXV today and nothing else so far.

If anything, expect to hear about that at TGS or the PSX if that really is coming (which I strongly feel it is :D).

Phototropic

Neo Member
I know this has been talked to death, but I have Virtue's Last Reward with no realistic way to play 999 on DS. I'm assuming playing through the iOS adaptation is still worthwhile?

maouvin

I know this has been talked to death, but I have Virtue's Last Reward with no realistic way to play 999 on DS. I'm assuming playing through the iOS adaptation is still worthwhile?

Yes, it's the next best thing. There's some stuff exclusive to the DS version, but you can read about it later.

GeeTeeCee

Dungeon Hunter: Alliance?

VLiberty

I don't know but buying a ds is always a good idea. Second hand is mad cheap nowadays

Shizuka

Anime is where it's at for NISA. Losing Gust and IF/CH sure didn't help.

N° 2048

27 hours into Persona 4 and I can finally start making Rise my waifu. Took damn long enough for her Social Link to open up.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Also if by pretty normal you mean three times worse than Demon Gaze and only slightly better than their previous worst week one, then sure.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
But the budget and marketing were definitely bigger than other EXP titles.

Not really. As the marketing was not all that good and the games lack of budget does show with the title itself. Bandai Namco most def was playing it safe with the title and keeping the overall costs low. Its unfortunate since do think that the title could have been a lot better with a larger budget / production time. This was their experiment to see if there was room for them to carve out their own little niche in the genre or not.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Even if you don't want to include DG for some reason it's still almost a third down from their usual 11k first weeks.

Gigant bomba.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Eh, probably not that much bigger. It's not even fully voiced.

Demon Gaze is an exception.

The general coverage was the same also with magazines and internet. The more odd thing was the huge lack in general posters for the title itself. Where as past games have had posters for said game in various locations.

Bandai Namco skimping on the first edition print bonus stuff by just making the OST no DRM digital shows them going "fuck it" to save $$$ instead of having an actual physical bonus with the OST. Its pretty odd too considering how protective Bandai Namco is of their own stuff like that.

The title did feel rushed in the sense with how things were not properly adjusted too, such as slowdown noticed in the dungeons due to how the maps were designed / engine appears to not be able to handle it. Among other things with game balance.

Its not a bad title, quite different from what the average DRPG fan would expect, though the title most def would have benefited from a larger budget & more dev time to iron things out a bit. Since the scenario and characters are good as is and if the rest of the title too was more polished would have been pretty great.

Prelude.

Even if you don't want to include DG for some reason it's still almost a third down from their usual 11k first weeks.

Gigant bomba.
You're still dealing with 10k copies, "a third down" doesn't mean anything when we're talking about like 2k copies. Do you even know the sell-through?

The general coverage was the same also with magazines and internet. The more odd thing was the huge lack in general posters for the title itself. Where as past games have had posters for said game in various locations.

Bandai Namco skimping on the first edition print bonus stuff by just making the OST no DRM digital shows them going "fuck it" to save $$$ instead of having an actual physical bonus with the OST. Its pretty odd too considering how protective Bandai Namco is of their own stuff like that.

The title did feel rushed in the sense with how things were not properly adjusted too, such as slowdown noticed in the dungeons due to how the maps were designed / engine appears to not be able to handle it. Among other things with game balance.

Its not a bad title, quite different from what the average DRPG fan would expect, though the title most def would have benefited from a larger budget & more dev time to iron things out a bit. Since the scenario and characters are good as is and if the rest of the title too was more polished would have been pretty great.

I'm hoping that this means that bringing the game overseas is easier due to lower costs, rather than them not bringing it at all because of the lower sales. I want to see this game come over.

Top Bottom