• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | December 2015

BHK3

Banned
I remember being overwhelmed with the content in Monsters Inc. There was like 4 areas you could explore with collectibles and things you had to scare and you had to get gold medals and than you could explore unreachable places.

Did they announce if anymore PS2 games were coming, like tomorrow or something or are all announcements done?

Also where the fuck was God of War 4 and The Last Guardian?

kevin1025

Banned
I remember being overwhelmed with the content in Monsters Inc. There was like 4 areas you could explore with collectibles and things you had to scare and you had to get gold medals and than you could explore unreachable places.

Did they announce if anymore PS2 games were coming, like tomorrow or something or are all announcements done?

Also where the fuck was God of War 4 and The Last Guardian?

On the Playstation Blog they mentioned that the PS2 games would be coming "regularly", and some unreleased ones are already PEGI-rated. I'd say we may get a couple more before the end of the year, but the trickling of stuff won't start till next month.

Asking for a reason which I'll explain later, but would love to know the following from anyone VitaGAF;

1) What're your most anticipated Vita titles coming to the West? (specifically looking for answers which have been confirmed to be coming over, not speculated localizations)

2) What are some lesser known 2016 Vita games (again, Western confirmed) that you think people should be aware of?

The answers to these will help me out with something I'm working on, and in the interest of clarity (and ease of data collection) all I need is the names of the games in question - not information on them.

Thanks in advance guys!

Bittercup

I'm thinking about buying the Ratchet & Clank Trilogy and Sly Trilogy since they are on sale right now in Europe. But I'm confused what's the difference here:
https://store.playstation.com/#!/de...logy/cid=EP9000-PCSF00482_00-0000000000000RCC
vs.
https://store.playstation.com/#!/de...logy/cid=EP9000-NPEA00385_00-RCTRILOGYBUND001

Both are cross buy PS Vita and PS3 and contain the same games and are sold for the same price. The first link was just released roughly 2 years later.
Exactly the same issue with the Sly Trilogy.
Which link should I buy?

And are the games separate downloads or bundled as one game? The MGS2+3 bundle unfortunately was a single file. The first link is labelled as game, the second as bundle.

incpdo

To the guys making fun of my comments , you are probably right. Is just that having games for sale at 1.50 dollars when losing 90 cents is not good at all.
My money is something I earn working almost 11 hours everyday from Monday to Friday.
I still think bastion was a steal even when the price was 3.75. I might be cheap sometimes but I have my reasons.

data

I'm thinking about buying the Ratchet & Clank Trilogy and Sly Trilogy since they are on sale right now in Europe. But I'm confused what's the difference here:
https://store.playstation.com/#!/de...logy/cid=EP9000-PCSF00482_00-0000000000000RCC
vs.
https://store.playstation.com/#!/de...logy/cid=EP9000-NPEA00385_00-RCTRILOGYBUND001

Both are cross buy PS Vita and PS3 and contain the same games and are sold for the same price. The first link was just released roughly 2 years later.
Exactly the same issue with the Sly Trilogy.
Which link should I buy?

And are the games separate downloads or bundled as one game? The MGS2+3 bundle unfortunately was a single file. The first link is labelled as game, the second as bundle.

Just buy the newest one

What was the Playstation Experience offers on the PSN Store?
I tried accessing it yesterday but the offers link never loaded and now it is nowhere to be seen on the PSN Store web page.

Hikami

Asking for a reason which I'll explain later, but would love to know the following from anyone VitaGAF;

1) What're your most anticipated Vita titles coming to the West? (specifically looking for answers which have been confirmed to be coming over, not speculated localizations)

2) What are some lesser known 2016 Vita games (again, Western confirmed) that you think people should be aware of?

1 and 2 - Ray Gigant, Stranger of Sword City

What's the difference between this

https://store.playstation.com/#!/it...-fes/cid=EP0005-NPED00271_00-GPERSONA3F000001

and this

https://store.playstation.com/#!/it...able/cid=EP4015-ULES01523_00-GPCPERSONA000001

I bought the first one during a sale, I still didn't boot it, but are they the same game?

Persona 3 Portable is a PSP game and has a female MC as well as a different travel style. Persona 3 FES is a PS2 game and has additional story content. They both have content not in the other, basically - so it depends where you're playing.

data

Hm thanks. Still confusing why there are two separate identical versions in the first place.

The first one was probably just the entry for when it came out on PS3, then they decided to make a new entry on the store for when it came out on vita, I'm guessing

autoduelist

Gonna be a long post, I think.

Picked up Nuclear Throne.

alright nuclear throne runs like shit on vita and i'm fuckin pissed

I'm glad you retracted your statement! Everyone, this is vlambeer -- people had the same reaction to luftrausers [great game!] because of the intentional freeze frame when hit... people mistook it for 'slow down' and tore the game a new one. I'm glad they included a way to turn it off for people that it annoys, but for me it's old school joy.

Wow.... uhhh I have no idea why but hey if that's the case it can wait for a while then. I'll buy it when during a sale of other game so I can buy stuff in bulk.

See, be careful! one rash comment can steer people away from getting what appears to be an absolutely superb game. [I'm basing my buy and potential love on youtube watching and steam reviews, where it's generally universally praised].

if RK is too negative, I am doom incarnate.

I honestly feel like I've been far harsher on Sony's actions then in the past though; the moment where Gravity Rush 2 became a PS4 game and not coming to Vita, I noticed my tone getting 'sharper' whenever Sony was mentioned.

I guess....I'm 'done' with them, but I still want to get a PS4 despite Sony.

It's okay to have ups and downs, but remember not to connect too emotionally to stuff beyond your control -- especially corporate products. Find joy in what we do get, but don't let stuff we don't get you down. Rather than looking at it as, say, 'losing GR2' to ps4, come to grips with the fact that w/o the PS4, we wouldn't be getting GR2 at all. At the end of the day, these are just games.

I recommend getting a few Disney PS1 Classics, as they are all 1.50 per game :).

PS1 Classics (Playable on PS3, PS Vita and PSP)
-Hercules (PS1 Classic): 1.50
-Lilo and Stitch (PS1 Classic): 1.50

-Return to Neverland (PS1 Classic): 1.50
-Monsters Inc (PS1 Classic): 1.50
-Emperor's New Grove (PS1 Classic): 1.50

-Little Mermaid II (PS1 Cassic): 1.50
-A Bugs Life (PS1 Classic): 1.50
-Toy Story Racer (PS1 Classic): 1.50
-Toy Story 2 (PS1 Classic): 1.50

The bolded are the strongest games in the line up.

Toy Story 2, Hercules, Monsters Inc. and Emperor's New Grove are solid titles
-TS2 is a 3D platformer made by Travelers Tales (Lego game developers, Crash Twinsanity)
-Hercules is a 2D Action/Platformer that can be a fun time
-Monsters Inc. and Emperor's New Grove are both simple 3D platformers but both are quite enjoyable from what I saw from each of them.

Six bucks for some good platformers, nice deal I think :).

Here is the link if you are interested: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...e=Google&utm_term=ps-ga-871&utm_content=Brand

Also worth noting is FFVII PS4 is 10 bucks (normal price is 15 bucks).

Someone mentioned somewhere that one of these is a dual stick shooter? does anyone know which? Also, which are the most kid friendly?

The answers to these will help me out with something I'm working on, and in the interest of clarity (and ease of data collection) all I need is the names of the games in question - not information on them.

Thanks in advance guys!

Stranger in Sword City, God Wars [i think that's the name?], Trillion, Ray Gigant...

I'm probably missing stuff, but basically anything that is drpg or srpg so feel free to add anything i missed in those genres to my list, lol.

Saphirax

Thanks in advance guys!

Stranger of Sword City, Ray Gigant (I'm sensing a pattern here :p) and Trails of Cold Steel 1 & 2.

I was curious about what systems people in this thread own (Vita and/or PS4), do me a favor and vote :)

http://strawpoll.me/6192614

The reason is I found this incredible PS4 theme while browsing the store randomly and really have no idea where the best place to post it would be or if people in here would care.

GEO1: Spiral Dynamic Theme

It's only on US and JP PSN ($1.99 / ~200 Yen) since EU doesn't allow non-game themes yet. But it's SICK. It's the best theme I've seen so far. Visuals, music, sound effects, everything fits together perfectly. Check it out, there's a video on the store page.

Thanks in advance guys!
1) Digimon, Senran Kagura EV, Stranger of Sword City, Trails of Cold Steel 1+2

2) Crypt of the Necrodancer

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

Thanks in advance guys!
These:
Stranger of Sword City, Ray Gigant (I'm sensing a pattern here :p) and Trails of Cold Steel 1 & 2.
+
Zodiac,
Zero Time Dilemma,
xcom,
Slain!,
Shantae
SaGa
Salt and Sanctuary,
Root Letter,
New Danganronpa V3
Night Cry,
NET HIGH,
Attack on Titan,
Atelier Shallie Plus
odin sphere
digimon
trillion

i dunno if their localization were announced or if they are 2016 games but you get it.

I was curious about what systems people in this thread own (Vita and/or PS4), do me a favor and vote :)

The reason is I found this incredible PS4 theme while browsing the store randomly and really have no idea where the best place to post it would be or if people in here would care.

It's only on US and JP PSN ($1.99 / ~200 Yen) since EU doesn't allow non-game themes yet. But it's SICK. It's the best theme I've seen so far. Visuals, music, sound effects, everything fits together perfectly. Check it out, there's a video on the store page.
Vita only.

incpdo

oh man this is serious....

Someone needs to contact those guys that are making the physical release of Breach and clear (i dont remember if that was the name)

in the official ps blog , graham smith form Severe and Guacamele fame (Drinkbox) wrote:

Graham Smith on December 2nd, 2015 at 10:51 am said:
We’ve talked about doing a physical release of our games a bunch of times. The trouble is trying to find the time to actually see it through!
That being said, this will be our third Vita release, and having a Vita Cartridge with all 3 games on it would be pretty cool……

The idea only of having all the games in a cartridge .... omg

oh man this is serious....

Someone needs to contact those guys that are making the physical release of Breach and clear (i dont remember if that was the name)

in the official ps blog , graham smith form Severe and Guacamele fame (Drinkbox) wrote:

Graham Smith on December 2nd, 2015 at 10:51 am said:
We’ve talked about doing a physical release of our games a bunch of times. The trouble is trying to find the time to actually see it through!
That being said, this will be our third Vita release, and having a Vita Cartridge with all 3 games on it would be pretty cool……

The idea only of having all the games in a cartridge .... omg

They are at PSX and tweeted from the Severed booth so maybe they already talked, but I'll tweet them and let them know!

incpdo

They are at PSX and tweeted from the Severed booth so maybe they already talked, but I'll tweet them and let them know!

great! Vitagaf team work !! haha
btw i have voted in your poll , i have only vita of these two systems but ps4 will be mine soon enough(march)

Thanks in advance guys!

1. Atelier Escha & Logy Plus; Trillion God of Destruction; Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth; Trails of Cold Steel 2.

Apparently I love turn based stuff!

also Gundam Extreme Vs. force if that counts (Asian-English release)

2. Attractio; Drifter; Drift Stage; Paranautical Activity; YIIK.

Apparently I like my indie games to be 3D. Those 5 I am very excited for, noone seems to mention them.

Zer0 Escape 3
World of Final Fantasy
Shin makai trillion
Digimon
Attack on Titan
Trails os Cold Steel 2
Ray Gigant
Danganronpa
that RPG factory game (not sure if announced)
SaGA

No idea about lesser known JP games, maybe airship Q or project phoenix?

Smaller games (mostly western):

Banner saga
Ronin
Liege
Rain world (if it's still coming)
Darkest dungeon
Salt&Sanctuary
New n tasty
Severed 
To leave 
Cosmic star heroine 
The Banner Saga
Zodiac
Ascension: Chronicle of the God Slayer
Starlight tactics
Y2K
Day of the tentacle
Koe
Moon hunters
Children of morta
Crossing souls
Wild seasons
C-wars
Hyper light drifter
Pavilion
Full throttle

Thanks in advance guys!

RK128

Digimon Cyber Sleuth and the likely localization of SAO Hollow Realization are things I am really looking forward too playing on my Vita :D.

I guess World of Final Fantasy (don't hear many talking about that one) could get more attention drawn to it. Maybe Zodiac too, as that looks really creative and beautiful but not much attention is focused on it.

Thanks in advance guys!

Answers are bolded. Hopefully they help you somehow :D.

RK128

Someone mentioned somewhere that one of these is a dual stick shooter? does anyone know which? Also, which are the most kid friendly?

In that thread, someone highlight the PS3 game Brave, which is based on the movie of the same name. Its a twin-stick shooter that mirrors games like Skylanders but with a focus on using the bow and sword to fight foes.

Looks solid from what I saw online and for five bucks I recommend it :).

incpdo

Thanks in advance guys!

1. Bloodstained , Migthy n9,Trillion, New Danganronpa v3, Odin Sphere, Hearth Forth Alicia, Severed, Full Throttle,Zodiac,Steamworld Heist and many more i dont remember right now.

2. Kodoku, Midora , Gyossait, Timespinner , Iconoclasts, Rainworld, Heart Forth Alicia. They all deserve more attention.

RK128

I still can't believe Full Throttle is coming to Vita... what a world we live in. :eek:

This is the world where Psychonuts 2, Shenmue 3, FFVII Remake, Last Guardian, Zero Escape 3, and Nier 2 are all a reality; the year of dreams man :D!

What was the Playstation Experience offers on the PSN Store?
I tried accessing it yesterday but the offers link never loaded and now it is nowhere to be seen on the PSN Store web page.

I'd like to know this too. I had the same issue and figured I'd try again today. No dice. Can anybody offer some insight?

I was just going to pay for UC collection when I once again was struck by the bug/problem that locks my PSN account from shopping. This wouldn’t be so bad if it was the first time it happened, but this is the second time this week (last time was when witcher was on sale).

Yesterday I had no problems buying Bastion trom my vita, is this a problem that only occur on the android app?

I love the 12 deals of Christmas and always put aside money for it so this makes me frustrated.

Last time I had to buy a physical voucher so it turned out fine but today its Sunday and I’m working late so I dont have that option.

----------

Last time the problem was solved by waiting.

Any tips for future purchases?

VLiberty

Unfortunately it's not the year of dreams for me. The only former dream games I care about are Psychonauts 2, Yooka Laylee and Bloodstained. To a lesser extent TLG, just like Crash assuming it's happening.

My dream games are mostly SCE PS1/2 series. Gimme Wipeout, Ape Escape, Medievil, Sly or Jak.

Shenmue and all the jrpgs do nothing for me

Saphirax

I was just going to pay for UC collection when I once again was struck by the bug/problem that locks my PSN account from shopping. This wouldn’t be so bad if it was the first time it happened, but this is the second time this week (last time was when witcher was on sale).

Yesterday I had no problems buying Bastion trom my vita, is this a problem that only occur on the android app?

I love the 12 deals of Christmas and always put aside money for it so this makes me frustrated.

Last time I had to buy a physical voucher so it turned out fine but today its Sunday and I’m working late so I dont have that option.

----------

Last time the problem was solved by waiting.

Any tips for future purchases?

Try via the PS4 store. If nothing works you can buy the UC collection for cheap on CDkeys.

RK128

Unfortunately it's not the year of dreams for me. The only former dream games I care about are Psychonauts 2, Yooka Laylee and Bloodstained. To a lesser extent TLG, just like Crash assuming it's happening.

My dream games are mostly SCE PS1/2 series. Gimme Wipeout, Ape Escape, Medievil, Sly or Jak.

Shenmue and all the jrpgs do nothing for me

The thing is Sly Cooper has a chance at happening again, mainly thanks to Sanzaru still having interest with working on the IP alongside the film releasing in 2017. If Ratchet & Clank are getting a game to tie into the film, than Sly has a very good chance of happening too.

I wouldn't rule a new Jak & Daxter game out either, when the rumor of making movies based off their gaming IP's, Modnation Racers and Jak & Daxter was listed (alongside Ratchet, Sly, and Heavenly Sword; all of which got films). If Ratchet is getting a game alongside the film, Jak & Daxter might get a game alongside their film too.

Ape Escape is appearing as part of the PS2-on-PS4 program (with a EU Leak listing that, Dark Cloud 2 and Twisted Metal Black for PS4). Ape Escape 3 joining AE2 wouldn't surprise me and once Last Guardian and Gravity Rush 2 is complete, that and Puppetter 2 are likely their next major projects to work on :).

Wipeout PS4 should be very simple; port the PS3 title Wipeout HD + Furry with new content being added in (either the content from the Vita Wipeout or brand new content/tracks/ect being made). Could honestly see that as Bluepoints next project once GR Remastered is complete.

Midevil PS4 is something I want to see too, but that is less likely compared to the other games you listed :(. They did hint at that during PS All Stars Sir Dannel's ending and once Guerrilla Cambridge is done with their VR game, they should be free to make another Midevil.

Saphirax

As far as I understand it, if you have problem with a transaction they lock your account for 24h and each attempt you do after that adds another 24h to your sentence ;)

Half-correct. Can be a week, can be two days or 24 hours. However, Sony's storefront has been acting weirdly for the past month. I've experienced the same issue you have more than once. And lately the problem has been tied to their webstore. Purchases go through just fine via PS4/Vita.

Edit: It doesn't add 24 hours more, just resets the timer.

Chuy

I recommend getting a few Disney PS1 Classics, as they are all 1.50 per game :).

PS1 Classics (Playable on PS3, PS Vita and PSP)
-Hercules (PS1 Classic): 1.50
-Lilo and Stitch (PS1 Classic): 1.50

-Return to Neverland (PS1 Classic): 1.50
-Monsters Inc (PS1 Classic): 1.50
-Emperor's New Grove (PS1 Classic): 1.50

-Little Mermaid II (PS1 Cassic): 1.50
-A Bugs Life (PS1 Classic): 1.50
-Toy Story Racer (PS1 Classic): 1.50
-Toy Story 2 (PS1 Classic): 1.50

The bolded are the strongest games in the line up.

Toy Story 2, Hercules, Monsters Inc. and Emperor's New Grove are solid titles
-TS2 is a 3D platformer made by Travelers Tales (Lego game developers, Crash Twinsanity)
-Hercules is a 2D Action/Platformer that can be a fun time
-Monsters Inc. and Emperor's New Grove are both simple 3D platformers but both are quite enjoyable from what I saw from each of them.

Six bucks for some good platformers, nice deal I think :).

Here is the link if you are interested: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...e=Google&utm_term=ps-ga-871&utm_content=Brand

Also worth noting is FFVII PS4 is 10 bucks (normal price is 15 bucks).
Informative post as always. Thanks for this :)
I'll probably just end up picking up Toy Story 2 though since i'm going to try to keep $5 left in case something get super discounted before i get a chance to pick up another psn card. I'll keep this in mind though if they go on sale again though.

Thanks in advance guys!
Digimon Cyber Sleuth/Ray Gigant.
There's probably plenty more but i can't seem to find a good list of 2016 releases for vita

r
Voted.More people here own PS4+PSV here than i thought. Interesting
Also awesome theme. Definitely going to get that in the future.

Half-correct. Can be a week, can be two days or 24 hours. However, Sony's storefront has been acting weirdly for the past month. I've experienced the same issue you have more than once. And lately the problem has been tied to their webstore. Purchases go through just fine via PS4/Vita.

Edit: It doesn't add 24 hours more, just resets the timer.

I see, that is kinda good news ;)

I have a lot of games on the Vita preordered for next year because of the whole 30% on amazon, however I am gonna have to trim the list down when the time for them to drop comes near. My overall Winter/Spring confirmed gaming preorder calendar shows me (Vita titles bolded):

JANUARY
- Final Fantasy Explorers - Jan 26

FEBRUARY
- Digimon Cyber Sleuth - Feb 02
- Fire Emblem Fates - Feb 19
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst - Feb 23
- Pokemon OG Blue/Red/Yellow - Feb 27

MARCH
- The Division - Mar 08
- Uncharted 4 - Mar 18
- Stranger of Sword City - Mar 22
- Trillion God of Destruction - Mar 29

APRIL
- Dark Souls 3 - Apr 12
- Odin Sphere - Apr 12

And there's stuff missing dates here. Like Ray Gigant which I'm definitely going to buy as well. As you can see it's super busy. I'm kind of overwhelmed just looking at all this. Gonna have to trim the fat whether I like it or not. There is just no way for me to play all of these.

Clive

Yakuza 5 can be pre-loaded (or actually downloaded and played, no one has actually finished the download). 23 GB is the install size and the pre-order price of $33.99 is still available. Regular price is $39.99. It's almost certainly GotY.

RK128

I have a lot of games on the Vita preordered for next year because of the whole 30% on amazon, however I am gonna have to trim the list down when the time for them to drop comes near. My overall Winter/Spring confirmed gaming preorder calendar shows me (Vita titles bolded):

JANUARY
- Final Fantasy Explorers - Jan 26

FEBRUARY
- Digimon Cyber Sleuth - Feb 02
- Fire Emblem Fates - Feb 19
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst - Feb 23
- Pokemon OG Blue/Red/Yellow - Feb 27

MARCH
- The Division - Mar 08
- Uncharted 4 - Mar 18
- Stranger of Sword City - Mar 22
- Trillion God of Destruction - Mar 29

APRIL
- Dark Souls 3 - Apr 12
- Odin Sphere - Apr 12

And there's stuff missing dates here. Like Ray Gigant which I'm definitely going to buy as well. As you can see it's super busy. I'm kind of overwhelmed just looking at all this. Gonna have to trim the fat whether I like it or not. There is just no way for me to play all of these.

My list is even smaller, only getting Digimon, Pokemon Red/Blue, and maybe Odin Sphere (own the PS2 Classic version of that, so I could play it on my PS3 if I really want to).

There is simply so much stuff coming out, its nuts man XD!

Looking forward to getting a PS4 in June (should be 299 or less then; don't have funds to get one right now....dem Teaching Exams cost a lot of money X() and will dive into Ratchet, Uncharted and more in June :D.

My list is even smaller, only getting Digimon, Pokemon Red/Blue, and maybe Odin Sphere (own the PS2 Classic version of that, so I could play it on my PS3 if I really want to).

There is simply so much stuff coming out, its nuts man XD!

Looking forward to getting a PS4 in June (should be 299 or less then; don't have funds to get one right now....dem Teaching Exams cost a lot of money X() and will dive into Ratchet, Uncharted and more in June :D.

Yeah a lot of this stuff is going to have to go sadly. As for February, the last two are probably out.

In March I was excited for The Division, but it's on the same month as Uncharted. We both know which is a must buy. Then there is Stranger and Trillion. AGAIN, we both know which one it is that is a must, at least for me as a DRPG fan.

April is even worse with TWO games I was looking forward to on the same day. Again, the choice doesn't seem too hard as to which one will stay and which one will go.

Ray Gigant is going to release at some point around this time as well, which will make things even harder.

RK128

Yeah a lot of this stuff is going to have to go sadly. As for February, the last two are probably out.

In March I was excited for The Division, but it's on the same month as Uncharted. We both know which is a must buy. Then there is Stranger and Trillion. AGAIN, we both know which one it is that is a must, at least for me as a DRPG fan.

April is even worse with TWO games I was looking forward to on the same day. Again, the choice doesn't seem too hard as to which one will stay and which one will go.

Ray Gigant is going to release at some point around this time as well, which will make things even harder.

I normally wait for sales when it comes to games, as thanks to PS+ deals, I got a lot of my Vita collection at lower prices (the only full-priced games I paid for was SAO Lost Song, Tearaway, SAO: Hollow Fragment, Sly Collection, and Ratchet Collection).

It is smarter to wait for stuff go to on sale rather than getting a lot of stuff at full price. That being said, I am going to spend more than I normally spend early in the year as their is stuff that I really want; Digimon I want to get (due to loving the series and wanting to push Bamco to localize more Digmon games going forward), Pokemon due to nostalgic reasons, and a random game that interests me (Demon Gaze didn't hook me into the DRPG genre so I am hopeful that Ray Gigant will due to its presentation styling).

I feel like everyone should get Ray Gigant tbh. Not just because of the presentation. But to send a message to Acttil, that we want more of these games to come our way.

Shizuka

I'll be getting Ray Gigant because I'm a huge Experience fan. I've been there day one since Demon Gaze and I'll be here for as many games as they release in the West. I'll buy all limited editions, get all platinum trophies, for as long as it takes.

I'll be getting Ray Gigant because I'm a huge Experience fan. I've been there day one since Demon Gaze and I'll be here for as many games as they release in the West. I'll buy all limited editions, get all platinum trophies, for as long as it takes.

I too am a huge fan of their work, when I saw the announcement for this and SoSC I was thrilled. I'll admit their last game that we got wasn't cup of tea (yeah Operation Abyss I'm looking at you), but admittedly the game mimics older DRPG gameplay/workflow which I wasn't a fan of. SoSC and Ray Gigant however look like something I want to get down with.

batrush

The only confirmed Vita western release that interests me is Zero Time Dilemma. I have the Bonus Watch editions for both the 3DS and Vita pre-ordered. I will play the 3DS version and keep the Vita version sealed.

PS4 will get the most attention. For confirmed titles: Nights of Azure, Estival Versus, Street Fighter V, Dark Souls 3, and possibly Persona 5. I will get Atelier Sophie for sure if it is localized.

The only confirmed Vita western release that interests me is Zero Time Dilemma. I have the Bonus Watch editions for both the 3DS and Vita pre-ordered. I will play the 3DS version and keep the Vita version sealed.

PS4 will get the most attention. For confirmed titles: Nights of Azure, Estival Versus, Street Fighter V, Dark Souls 3, and possibly Persona 5. I will get Atelier Sophie for sure if it is localized.

I'm currently playing through Dark Souls AGAIN on my laptop just because of the hype. I can't even count how many times I've played this damned game. Probably the only game I've made many playthroughs ever, and it never gets stale.

batrush

I'm currently playing through Dark Souls AGAIN on my laptop just because of the hype. I can't even count how many times I've played this damned game. Probably the only game I've made many playthroughs ever, and it never gets stale.

Demon's Souls is the only game I've replayed more times than DS. Bloodborne is overall my favorite of the series, but oddly I burned out during the first hours of my second playthrough.

Might as well copy this blurb I wrote somewhere else to here:

I was pretty disappointed with that PSX showing to be honest. I left during the VR section because I realised they weren't going to announce anything else I would be interested in (and I was right!)

It's the one show that feels like it's more "for the fans" than anything else, so if they were ever going to announce Vita stuff. And the fact there was bugger all made me sober up to the fact that it's because there is probably nothing in development for Vita at this point.

Hitman Go is alright - the best thing about it is that I feel it opens the door for other mobile games to make the jump across, especially since it's the second announced in recent months (Civ Rev 2 Plus). Maybe we could get something like Deus Ex: The Fall or Hitman Sniper. But otherwise, I'm not excited for the game itself.

I might try Tim Schafer's games one day, but I'm not particularly fussed about them.
And that's it. Gee.

What's most disappointing for me is that Gio Corsi's teams seem neither to be working on any localizations (instead focusing their efforts on more Yakuza) or any "AAA" ports for Vita (i.e. Borderlands; Resident Evil). I was kinda relying on him to bring at least a little dash of western bigger budget to my favourite console, but it seems not.

Oh well. On the flip side, the last few indies I'm interested in should be trickling out on Vita next year (Attractio; Drifter; Drift Stage; Paranautical Activity) and the localizations I'm interested in definitely aren't letting up either (Atelier Escha; Trillion; Digimon; Trails 2), so at least the console will be going out with a bang.

This also makes me wonder if we're finally going to see Vita games disappear from store shelves next year, at least in the UK:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=187684260&postcount=251

ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE (ALL PRICES), November, 2015 (Oct 25th - Nov 21st)

Physical Software Sales by Format (Units)

PlayStation 4 - 1,754,030 (+41.4%)
Xbox One - 1,722,708 (+47.6%)
Xbox 360 - 393,762 (-52.6%)
PlayStation 3 - 196,881 (-58.1%)
Nintendo 3DS - 129,762 (-24.7%)
PC Software - 120,813 (-29.9%)
Nintendo Wii U - 98,440 (+14.3%)
Nintendo Wii - 22,373 (-67.5%)
PlayStation Vita - 17,898 (-65.4%)
Nintendo DS - 8,949 (-81.1%)

I mean, it's already been a year since we've seen anything really relevant to this market release here - 2014 at least had FIFA; Football Manager; Minecraft; Borderlands; God of War etc., alongside some "bigger" Japanese games like Tales & Final Fantasy.

2015 has had nothing aside from the LEGO games and the console seems to have clung on to any sales thanks to the legs of older games. By next year it'll have been 2 years since we had a FIFA game and the only notable retail title seems to be World of Final Fantasy - unless Assassin's Creed & XCOM are real (and whether they release at retail is a whole other story).

Such a shame to see the console wither out this way. Ah well.

Top Bottom