• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | December 2015

Shizuka

Most early trailers from Japan are anime cut-outs with a sample track and text displaying across the screen, the trailer being discussed here actually shows some gameplay.

Most early trailers from Japan are anime cut-outs with a sample track and text displaying across the screen, the trailer being discussed here actually shows some gameplay.

The former is even worse as far as I'm concerned. People just have their preferences.

And the thing about this trailer is, if the included gameplay is indicative of the gameplay as a whole, it looks 1) tragically boring and 2) very underdeveloped.

I've just started it. I finished SS more than a year ago though, so I transferred my save data. Have you played the original?

Oh yea, it is the original man :) I just finished up Freedom Wars and I got SS ages ago on plus too, so just started it. I've wanted to play it for ages but I never knew whether I wanted to hold off for Delta or to just play the version I got for free haha. Figured I could start and upgrade if Delta goes on sale throughout christmas. I love the whole presentation & the way the story is told. You can tell they designed it with budget in mind, but it ends up making it really unique and thought provoking. I've just starting "several years later" so, very early.

As for Freedom Wars, I started messing around with the online co-op tonight, and had a blast. I played the campaign almost entirely solo so it's good to run with some competent team mates haha. People stick around too, played for a good hour with the same 3 people, was cool. No one was chatting back on the text chat unfortunately but I had fun anyway. Anyone here in the same situation, would love to play with some folks. My weapons are pitiful so happy to put some time in to get materials.

Bowl0l

Does anyone else have trouble transferring games from PC to their Vita? I usually have no issue transferring from Vita to PC, but I've been sitting here for 10 minutes watching the 'Copying..." screen try to transfer Project Diva F 2nd from my PC to the Vita, with the bar not moving.
i only have trouble transferring if the file is corrupted.

Tizoc

Soo.... kings Quest Episode 2 releases today, right?

Oh does it? I think Minecraft Telltale Ep. 4 is this week if not next week as well.

Now would be a good time for Acti to discount the Complete Collection, but knowing Acti they'll discount it at $30 if not $25 :p

shmoglish

Oh does it? I think Minecraft Telltale Ep. 4 is this week if not next week as well.

Now would be a good time for Acti to discount the Complete Collection, but knowing Acti they'll discount it at $30 if not $25 :p

Yes (I already commented in the news thread, so this wasn`t a real question^^).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=187432293&postcount=626

15th dec for Ps3 and 4, 16th dec for Pc, Xbox...

I think I buy the single episodes this time. And I hope for a retail release...

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
The former is even worse as far as I'm concerned. People just have their preferences.

And the thing about this trailer is, if the included gameplay is indicative of the gameplay as a whole, it looks 1) tragically boring and 2) very underdeveloped.
Tastes are tastes and i can agree on the very underdeveloped, but boring? There are more explosion, destruction and running than in a Micheal Bay trailer, i don't even want to imagine what you could think of an adventure game without all that action like Shadow Of Destiny(it's on psp, buy it people!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mItuNlw8GP0

or even worse visual novels and point & click adventures!

Saw bullet girls 2 trailer and I wish I didn't.
Honestly i think that Bullet girls 1&2 are a waste of a good idea, they seem to have some good melee and mobility mechanics, but everything is ruined by fanservice and dead ai.

Also Gundam Breaker 3 for PS4 and Vita and SD Gundam G Generation Genesis for vita ps3 and 4
https://youtu.be/0PJluPR1EQw
https://youtu.be/M_Mku9MKRm4

Honestly i think that Bullet girls 1&2 are a waste of a good idea, they seem to have some good melee and mobility mechanics, but everything is ruined by fanservice and dead ai.

D3 often makes bad games that turn into fun franchises. Look at EDF and Onechanbara. Can't do anything about the lewd, but I'm not writing off BG2 completely just yet.

Tastes are tastes and i can agree on the very underdeveloped, but boring? There are more explosion, destruction and running than in a Micheal Bay trailer, i don't even want to imagine what you could think of an adventure game without all that action like Shadow Of Destiny(it's on psp, buy it people!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mItuNlw8GP0

or even worse visual novels and point & click adventures!

The character literally just moves around slowly. That's all the gameplay shown. You could have fucking aliens abducting people, godzilla rampaging in the background, and every clusterfuck of spectacle you can think of running across the screen and a character wading through it like his legs are broken will always be boring.

D3 often makes bad games that turn into fun franchises. Look at EDF and Onechanbara. Can't do anything about the lewd, but I'm not writing off BG2 completely just yet.

They've been on a run of rubbish lately. Omega Labyrinth didn't look great (although I may be wrong on that) and Natsuiro High School was supposedly terrible.

With all that said, I kinda like D3 make these games that are probably a bit too ambitious for them and end up being terrible but yet somehow jankily fun. I'm... interested to see if they do anything to change the gameplay up in BG2.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
The character literally just moves around slowly. That's all the gameplay shown. You could have fucking aliens abducting people, godzilla rampaging in the background, and every clusterfuck of spectacle you can think of running across the screen and a character wading through it like his legs are broken will always be boring.

All i can see is people running, i don't see anyone moving slowly, unless you were expecting normal people to move fast like a ninja.

In any case good for you that don't have to wait for it.

EDIT:
you were talking about city shrouded in shadow, not about DR4 or Shadows of destiny, right?

shmoglish

Wicked, but just pray the retail release doesn't pull a Telltale where it gets released by the 4th or 3rd episode and the remainder you gotta download :p

Yeah, I hope so, too. And I hope they announce the retail before the season is complete.

carlos

Anyone have any luck getting Sony to reimburse you or something if you bought something off the playstation store as a mistake?

long story short, I hit the confirm buy button on the jackbox party pack 2 ps3 version when I wanted the ps4 version.

I started a text chat immediately to explain and they said they couldn't do a license transfer , but could submit a refund review as a one time thing and good will and all that.

Refund review would take 3-5 days but the sale on the game ends in a couple of hours; should I buy the ps4 version and cross my fingers that the refund is approved?

Any advice, or anyone have a similar situation happen?

Kudo

Bullet Girls 2 is definitely looking like another Day 1 import. Kinda wish they'd have online multiplayer in it, would be better version of MGO.

Anyone have any luck getting Sony to reimburse you or something if you bought something off the playstation store as a mistake?

long story short, I hit the confirm buy button on the jackbox party pack 2 ps3 version when I wanted the ps4 version.

I started a text chat immediately to explain and they said they couldn't do a license transfer , but could submit a refund review as a one time thing and good will and all that.

Refund review would take 3-5 days but the sale on the game ends in a couple of hours; should I buy the ps4 version and cross my fingers that the refund is approved?

Any advice, or anyone have a similar situation happen?

They usually give you one refund no questions, and I've yet to see them reject one like you're describing. Since the sale ends you'd need to buy the PS4 version now and wait for the refund on the other, - but I'm fairly confident you'll get it.

carlos

They usually give you one refund no questions, and I've yet to see them reject one like you're describing. Since the sale ends you'd need to buy the PS4 version now and wait for the refund on the other, - but I'm fairly confident you'll get it.

I sure hope you're right, I'l go ahead and buy the ps4 version....first time this has happened since joining psn in 2006, I hope they can see this was just a simple, dumb mistake. I must be getting old.

VLiberty

Superfrog HD is currently free on the EU store, Vitagaf.

One more game I got thanks to the PSN glitches. Thanks!

edit: Oh, apparently is a legit promo by Team 17.

Made me realize that euro PSN webstore doesn't list free games, so no f2p either, you have to find them through the search. lol psn (re:edit: my bad, there's a whole f2p section, which is, though, buried by other useless sections in a secondary tab)

maouvin

Tales from the Borderlands.
Yes or No?
Better on PC?

Yes.

Played only the first chapter (and remote playing), and performance on PS4 is fine. PC might have better performance, but can't see it being by much.
Again, no idea on the later chapters.

New games are up on the Holiday sale but prices are not active yet

Dangit, I realize it's not exactly thematic for a holiday sale (though half the stuff never is), but I really want Corpse Party: Book of Shadows to go on sale. I picked up the first one the last time they were on sale and loved it. Now I need the next one, but can't justify spending more than $10 on it at the moment. Maybe next week it'll show up...

So guys. What was your favourite game this year and why? And I mean in general, so if you own multiple consoles, lump all titles together and give me just THE ONE from 2015.

autoduelist

Brandish will finally be mine! It was all I was hoping for this sale, but didn't want to say it out loud for fear of jinxing it. Can't freakin' wait, though I'm currently deeply invested in Nuclear Throne.

PS - Nuclear Throne is all that and then some. Beautiful game, dual stick style shooter [trigger based]. Many unlockable characters, cool weapons to find, great enemy variety... and fantastic gameplay mechanics. Everything feels just right, including difficulty (it'll be a challenge to finally loop the game, though experts can do it).

Clive

Jamestown+: $2.40
Armored Core: $1.50
Shadow Tower: $1.50
Gotta be cheap around Christmas.

I would buy Brandish again if I could. Sweet game and feels a bit like Falcom + Shiren (or whichever Japanese dungeon crawler roguelike) + Dark Souls. Controls can feel a bit dated but I loved it once I got used to them.

So guys. What was your favourite game this year and why? And I mean in general, so if you own multiple consoles, lump all titles together and give me just THE ONE from 2015.

Released this year or played this year?

Honestly I don't know, especially because I don't think I played many current releases. Assuming the former, it's between YU-NO, The World Ends With You, Persona 4 Golden, and if I didn't watch it in 2014, Danganronpa 2. From 2015 releases? No idea. If releases count, then System Shock Enhanced Edition. If not... No 2015 GOTY yet for me.

god eater 2 rage burst on vita

pO6uUQC.gif

Released this year or played this year?

Honestly I don't know, especially because I don't think I played many current releases. Assuming the former, it's between YU-NO, The World Ends With You, Persona 4 Golden, and if I didn't watch it in 2014, Danganronpa 2. From 2015 releases? No idea. If releases count, then System Shock Enhanced Edition. If not... No 2015 GOTY yet for me.

Yeah in general, anything you played this year on any console really. Heck I have a friend of mine playing through TiTS FC and he says it's best thing he played this whole year.

Bloodborne.

A fine choice. Interested in playing DkS3 just to see how that game affected what I thought was great back in the day. I like the weight in that game, but I wouldn't be against some of the design choices made in Bloodborne.

Kudo

A fine choice. Interested in playing DkS3 just to see how that game affected what I thought was great back in the day. I like the weight in that game, but I wouldn't be against some of the design choices made in Bloodborne.

Will be interesting to see, I tried the Network Test and Equip Load was not implemented at all, so it felt weird that you could roll like in Bloodborne.
To me, Bloodborne feels like natural evolution in many ways to the Souls-formula but of course some steps back were taken. (Sorcery, Equipment upgrading for example)
I'm sure DkS3 will be awesome adventure nevertheless, can't wait.

Will be interesting to see, I tried the Network Test and Equip Load was not implemented at all, so it felt weird that you could roll like in Bloodborne.
To me, Bloodborne feels like natural evolution in many ways to the Souls-formula but of course some steps back were taken. (Sorcery, Equipment upgrading for example)
I'm sure DkS3 will be awesome adventure nevertheless, can't wait.

So basically I should expect a faster game. Again this is totally fine if the encounters are designed specifically with that in mind, which I AM SURE 100% that it will. Being able to fast travel is going to be a Godsend as well. Not to mention that I embrace streamlining some of the systems like Bloodborne did, DkS1 was the first take in the series so it's been like you said, an iterative ever-evolving process. It's just a shame that it releases on the same day as Odin Sphere. I played the original, but it's been so long since then and this one seems to have changed quite a lot of things.

Top Bottom