• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | December 2015

I can't do GOTYs. I don't even remember what I played 3 months ago.

I guess I'd say Trails in the Sky SC, and that one deserves it, but I always feel bad because I didn't really put much thought into it and fairly compared it to everything else I played.

Making a top 10 though? Impossible
Might get brandish at its current price

Please do.

Hikami

So guys. What was your favourite game this year and why? And I mean in general, so if you own multiple consoles, lump all titles together and give me just THE ONE from 2015.

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines

Speaking of that, if anyone knows where I can find an English physical copy at a reasonable price please let me know. Still regret not importing that when I had the chance.
It's okay, I can't either. I have to look at my post in the 52 games challenge thread to remind myself often.

I bought Freedom Wars recently and think it's pretty great. It made me search for Gods Eater Burst to see what else they made, and it seems to have vanished from the PS Store. I can't even find the purchase button on the online store. Lame.

Prelude.

I didn't play OreShika yet and I played Steins;Gate when the fantranslation came out so I'm not sure.
I'm 20 hours in Ar nosurge Plus and I'm having a good time so maybe it'll be that, I'm not sure. I also played Dark Souls this year.

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines

Speaking of that, if anyone knows where I can find an English physical copy at a reasonable price please let me know. Still regret not importing that when I had the chance.

You should send a pm to wilflare.

Xenoflare

Nightmare princess is on sale but it requires me to grab another $20 because lol a few dollars short again!

I'll pass.

bobohoro

I started up a new Excel-file this year for all the stuff I play and read, mainly so I can overview all the manga I follow. But it's also pretty helpful with video games, adding short comments and other stuff. Wouldn't remember half of 'em by the time December comes around otherwise.

And although I've not completed it yet, my GOTY will probably be TitS SC as well. Rocket League, Bloodborne and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate are close contenders. Haven't played enough of Xenoblade Chronicles X yet, but that may end up in the Top-5 as well. Never found the time to start Steins;Gate sadly, would have been had potential for it as well.

I started up a new Excel-file this year for all the stuff I play and read, mainly so I can overview all the manga I follow. But it's also pretty helpful with video games, adding short comments and other stuff. Wouldn't remember half of 'em by the time December comes around otherwise.

And although I've not completed it yet, my GOTY will probably be TitS SC as well. Rocket League, Bloodborne and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate are close contenders. Haven't played enough of Xenoblade Chronicles X yet, but that may end up in the Top-5 as well. Never found the time to start Steins;Gate sadly, would have been had potential for it as well.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is a behemoth of a game. If I were to select my GOTY based on how much a game impressed me I'd say that one would take the crown. Every iteration just gets better and better, and there is just so much content to get through. That game puts full priced console games to shame in terms of value both in replay and in money spent.

That my friend, has the potential to be the best game that I have ever played :D

Wow bold statement! Since you reminded me I purchased it, forgot it was sitting in my cart so maybe even tonight I'll take it for a spin. My studies for tomorrow's exams are going quite well and I should be finished soon.

EDIT: this also reminds me that I have Undertake untouched on my desktop too. Got quite the backlog lol. Fallout 4 unfinished, Zestiria unfinished, ohhh boy. And still I know the time will come that I won't play any and complain that I have no games. Welp.

I liked it, it was one of the games I managed to clear that year. Not sure if good though, it was bad game but good because of that, if that makes sense

I really can't decide whether I want to buy this game or not. I've loved playing so-good-they're-bad games in the past, but this one looks really bad.

W-00

So guys. What was your favourite game this year and why? And I mean in general, so if you own multiple consoles, lump all titles together and give me just THE ONE from 2015.

Of the very few games that came out this year that I bought: Danganronpa AE. It would be Trails SC, but I'm taking my time with that game and haven't finished it yet.

Of the considerably larger amount of older games I bought and played this year: Either Trails FC or Ys Oath.

Just bought Brandish and that Rock Boshers game for less than $10, that was a nice deal.

Good choice on Rock Boshers. It is awesome.

I got GALAK-Z to see what the hubub is about because it is popping up on GOTY lists.

Got a 32GB stick for $12:
dXilNf0.jpg

Oh yeah PSP. It is pretty cool that you can get an adapter and put in a microSD card now. Maybe this is the storage solution for Vita in the future.

I got GALAK-Z to see what the hubub is about because it is popping up on GOTY lists.

dXilNf0.jpg

Oh yeah PSP. It is pretty cool that you can get an adapter and put in a microSD card now. Maybe this is the storage solution for Vita in the future.
vita memory cards are too small.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Do you guys think there'll still be two more PSN updates this year?
Or will they be skipping a week for the holidays?

nampad

Do people still play CoD: Declassified online on Vita?
I want to buy it for my nephew (he already has KZ: Mercenaries).

Powwa

c'mon kt, you can do a new monster rancher for vita

This would be glorious. I really miss Monster Rancher, I played Monster Rancher 4 for at least 100 hours back in the day.

Though the question is, who would care about Monster Rancher nowadays, does it have any recent anime or manga or what so ever?

This would be glorious. I really miss Monster Rancher, I played Monster Rancher 4 for at least 100 hours back in the day.

Though the question is, who would care about Monster Rancher nowadays, does it have any recent anime or manga or what so ever?

People with huge cd collections ;) I remember getting monster rancher for the PS1, whatever game came to the uk, (believe it was the second game). Unending hours of novelty right there, trawling my dad's cd collection for hours. I think I spent more time scanning discs in than playing the actual game in the end ha. I never seemed to get very far, my monster would always get too old or whatever before I had got anywhere.

I bought hatoful boyfriend day 1 but haven't played it yet and now that the Christmas dlc is coming I really wanna play.

Did you enjoy the game?

Chuy

god eater 2 rage burst on vita

Exactly what i expected. I'm still amazed they haven't localized the series considering even Digimon managed to find its way overseas.
In hindsight i probably should've bought this game when i found it at a import shop for $15 but i was so sure it was coming over and didn't feel like trying to learn another language i just didn't bother getting it. I feel the regret so hard now :/

Gravity Rush/ Child of Light are two games that hooked me in a way that no other games i played have done this year.
Except maybe Destiny. I somehow keep coming back to it unfortunately

I bought Freedom Wars recently and think it's pretty great. It made me search for Gods Eater Burst to see what else they made, and it seems to have vanished from the PS Store. I can't even find the purchase button on the online store. Lame.
Yeah it's been delisted from PSN( NA) for a while now. Only was to play the series is to track down a psp copy or import.

Isn't CoD:Declassified a terrible game? Regardless since its CoD there should be a serviceable online community for it hopefully

I'm glad I grabbed that on my PSPgo when I had one. I still put it on my Vita occasionally. It makes me wish there was some sort of Ad-Hoc party for the vita to use to do online multiplayer (not possible, I know but I can wish).

Powwa

Isn't CoD:Declassified a terrible game? Regardless since its CoD there should be a serviceable online community for it hopefully

While I think single player is horrible, multiplayer is still enjoyable despite all the flaws it has.

ryseing

Don't inflict that pain on your poor nephew.

This is an excellent question. I'd probably have to go with Rocket League. Didn't actually finish Bloodborne so I don't feel comfortable naming it my favorite game of the year.

The GAF thread should be interesting. Already working on my top 10.

This is an excellent question. I'd probably have to go with Rocket League. Didn't actually finish Bloodborne so I don't feel comfortable naming it my favorite game of the year.

The GAF thread should be interesting. Already working on my top 10.

Yup I'm working on it in my head as I go. Same with the Essential RPGs 2016 edition. This time we get to vote on 30 games. That's huge.

Yeah it's been delisted from PSN( NA) for a while now. Only was to play the series is to track down a psp copy or import.

I'm glad I grabbed that on my PSPgo when I had one. I still put it on my Vita occasionally. It makes me wish there was some sort of Ad-Hoc party for the vita to use to do online multiplayer (not possible, I know but I can wish).

Aw that sucks. I saw it on sale a while back and almost purchased, but didn't thinking I'd save it for another day. If I did I could be playing it on my PSTV since it's the only way I do my PSP games nowdays involving those kind of camera controls.

I'd also love to be playing Phantasy Star Portable 2 but....yeah.

Aw that sucks. I saw it on sale a while back and almost purchased, but didn't thinking I'd save it for another day. If I did I could be playing it on my PSTV since it's the only way I do my PSP games nowdays involving those kind of camera controls.

I'd also love to be playing Phantasy Star Portable 2 but....yeah.

I'd love to be able to play my copy of Phantasy Star Portable 2 on my vita. Sadly I didn't have a vita when the glitch happened that allowed people to download it to the system.

I wish we would have gotten a map pack or expansion. :(

How does Killzone PS4 online compare?

Killzone PS4 multiplayer is awesome despite the single player being terrible. I might be a minority but I would like to see Sony do another multiplayer shooter but I don't see it happening. People can only do so much Call of Duty and people will tired of that formula. There is room for something different.

ryseing

Killzone PS4 multiplayer is awesome despite the single player being terrible. I might be a minority but I would like to see Sony do another multiplayer shooter but I don't see it happening. People can only do so much Call of Duty and people will tired of that formula. There is room for something different.

Well, they have the TPS MP shooter covered with Naughty Dog. I quite liked the Uncharted 4 beta despite some sorely needed rebalancing, and TLoU MP is one of my favorites. I would like to see a new FPS IP from Sony, but I guess that was the SSM game that was cancelled.

Guerrilla Netherlands has two studios IIRC. Maybe the non Horizon peeps can do something in that area.

I wish we would have gotten a map pack or expansion. :(

Mercs got a map pack, and it was free :).

Takao

Banned

No, but it's the mid-2010s and 90s nostalgia is in. Besides, KT resurrected Deception and I have a hard time believing more people care about that than Monster Rancher.

shmoglish

Hope Wasteland will be one of the christmas deals (for ...15€). Got 12€ on my account and no idea what to buy. Tits would be great, but I really need a sale for that (the first one).

Tizoc

Is anyone else unable to access the Weekly Deals section in the US PS webstore?

dXilNf0.jpg

Oh that reminds me I want to get a PSP Go, what's the best memory card/sticks for it? I mainly want to use it for emulation though :p

VLiberty

Don't forget that the PSP Go has 16 gb of internal storage.

Killzone Vita is still active, always find games. That is a criminally underrated game imo. (The online portion)

Yeah I've played it a lot last month, it's still very active.

Just bought Brandish and that Rock Boshers game for less than $10, that was a nice deal.

Yesterday I ended up getting Rock Boshers (again) as well, because the PSM licensing thing is crap and I'll surely lose it in the future(you can't even swap memory card without losing it. It's very good

Gah, I'm really in need of a 128GB memory card for my Vita. Only 4GB left on my 64.

I know, I need to start swapping games on and off it, but I like having all my retail games installed in case I want to play them and I have quite a library of PS1 & PSP games which I like having too!

Looks like it isn't happening at this stage in the game though.

--Falcom has also confirmed in the answer that they are looking into overseas publishing regarding Tokyo Xanadu---

Also worth noting that they've apparently said the amount of sales they needed to consider a continuation of Tokyo Xanadu was 50k and in reality they sold 150k. So looking good for that Tokyo Xanadu 2!

Tizoc

Also worth noting that they've apparently said the amount of sales they needed to consider a continuation of Tokyo Xanadu was 50k and in reality they sold 150k. So looking good for that Tokyo Xanadu 2!

Bah all these modern day Japan settings are so droll. I mean I can accept it for a series like Yakuza or Shenmue but how many times am I gonna have to beat up monsters by Tokyo Tower before people get bored of it :p

Top Bottom