• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | December 2015

Bah all these modern day Japan settings are so droll. I mean I can accept it for a series like Yakuza or Shenmue but how many times am I gonna have to beat up monsters by Tokyo Tower before people get bored of it :p

But the game is not even in Tokyo! It's in Tachikawa!

The sequel of Tokyo no Kiseki needs a better main character than the current Kirito clone, though. Actually, I'm fine with a Kirito main character as long as it's not a harem-style setup or the entire thing being too MC-centric.

Never mind, just give me a better battle system. I'd even settle for something exactly like Celceta. At least in that game, not all characters have the samey-samey moves.

It's weird how they give you in-game tip of "Choose which skill to prioritize to level up" but the game actually blocks you off which skill you can level since the required enemy drops are only available by progressing the story (at least in Normal difficulty, which is damn easy even as a sucky action game player BTW).

On a note, having actually stayed in Japan for 3 months, I appreciated the world they got. Too bad I never got to Tachikawa.

Edit: Top thing- go buy... uhhh... some yuri game coz the world needs more yuri. Or something.

Banner Saga hits PS4 in less than a month, PSVita version not even mentioned in the post;

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/12/16/the-banner-saga-arrives-on-ps4-january-12th-2016/

Gotta love it.
It's available on Vita via the Remote Play function!

Actually somebody asked about Vita version in the blog post comments and Lance replied that it is not cancelled and there will be PSVita news very soon...

Edit: Haha. Actually go read those blog post comments now. All of them about Vita and Lance does respond to a bunch of them. Looks like someone else is doing the Vita port and should be commenting soon.

With remote play, every ps4 game is a vita game, haha. Played Banner Saga last year on the pc, what a game, really great stuff. Not too interested in the PS4 version, but would definitely shell out for a vita version. When Banner Saga 2 was announced, did vita get a look in there? Or was it only ever mentioned in relation to the first game?

nampad

Isn't CoD:Declassified a terrible game? Regardless since its CoD there should be a serviceable online community for it hopefully

I got it on day 1, it is mediocre (=better than it reviewed for). If you like CoD, it should be ok.

Don't inflict that pain on your poor nephew.

He likes CoD and it is discounted.

Killzone Vita is still active, always find games. That is a criminally underrated game imo. (The online portion)

He already got KZ from PS+

RK128

Hello guys :D!

Sorry I haven't been posting in this thread for a day or so; busy with college work and Smash hype (Bayonetta in Smash :D!).

Did I miss anything important while I was gone :)?

Wish everyone a happy holidays and that we have another great year for the Vita in 2016 :D.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Hello guys :D!

Sorry I haven't been posting in this thread for a day or so; busy with college work and Smash hype (Bayonetta in Smash :D!).

Did I miss anything important while I was gone :)?

Wish everyone a happy holidays and that we have another great year for the Vita in 2016 :D.
Could you go missing more often? XD
Between yesterday and today were announced:

Cold Steel 3+release date and screens for ys8
New nobunaga ambition
Gundam Breaker 3
SD gundam g generation genesis
romancing saga 2 port
bullet girls 2
psycho pass mandatory happiness

also kojima founded a new studio and it's making a ps4 game.

RK128

Could you go missing more often? XD
Between yesterday and today were announced:

Cold Steel 3+release date and screens for ys8
New nobunaga ambition
Gundam Breaker 3
SD gundam g generation genesis
romancing saga 2 port
bullet girls 2
psycho pass mandatory happiness

also kojima founded a new studio and it's making a ps4 game.

Heard about some of that....good to hear all the good news :).

Just got the Cloud and Migar DLC for Smash 3DS and it is amazing so far. He is a lot of fun to play as and I'm impress the 3DS version of his stage still has the summons.

Very illuminating post form the banner saga dudes on what's happened with the vita port. I feel real bad for them. I think this is the kind of thing a lot of people, myself included, don't think about when wondering where a game has got too. Small indies and small porting houses, business can be tough. Real sucks, I would LOVE banner saga on my vita, much more than the PS4, but I feel worse for everyone involved and how they were financially affected. I can still play the game in different places. They can't get that cash back.

Hopefully, as mentioned, the port work being super applicable to banner saga 2 means when they've finished that, they can take another look with a view of both games comnig to vita. Last ditch hope, Sony, step in pleaaase :) I already tweeted Gio Corsi with a link haha

How great would it be if we got a Vita version of Banner Saga 2 followed by a Vita version of Banner Saga 1?

Probably still happens before Axiom Verge on Vita....

ryseing

I got it on day 1, it is mediocre (=better than it reviewed for). If you like CoD, it should be ok.

He likes CoD and it is discounted.

I like CoD as well. Still didn't enjoy it. Don't mean to come off like an asshole but Acti blew it and I'm still salty.

Phototropic

Neo Member
That Banner Saga info is odd. I don't purport to know how that kind of outsourcing works, but I know at my company we would be taking legal action against a contractor who defaulted on work like that. Just letting it go and losing the investment is not acceptable.

Edit -- Missed the part about the company going bankrupt.

I was going to play the PS4 version, but I hope for everyone's sake that the Vita version makes it.

autoduelist

Bloodborne is my goty. Then again, Demon's Souls would be my goty again if a remastered version shows up. Scratch that, a remastered Demon's Souls with all the obvious improvements + the 'lost' area would be my GOAT.

That Banner Saga info is odd. I don't purport to know how that kind of outsourcing works, but I know at my company we would be taking legal action against a contractor who defaulted on work like that. Just letting it go and losing the investment is not acceptable.

Edit -- Missed the part about the company going bankrupt.

I was going to play the PS4 version, but I hope for everyone's sake that the Vita version makes it.

There's still a chance, i think, if the PS4 sells well. If it doesn't, and that double expenditure doesn't pay off, i doubt they'd go further into the hole chasing the vita version.

Outsourcing ports [which is often the only way to do it] is risky business. Your baby is chained to the whims and abilities of a team you barely know but are writing checks to based on hopes and dreams of a solid port... and if it doesn't work out, you take the lion's share of the blame.

EDIT --- PS4 Question

Someone here recommended a 2T hd for the PS4, and then i didn't get a chance to get it. Now i'm in the market again... anyone know of a good deal?

Is there a reason I can't buy PS Plus with my PSN credit anymore?
I'm on the UK store, and I've always got my PS Plus from the money I have on PSN, but now it's asking me to add a card/Paypal. Can I get around this and just use the money that I've just put on to pay for it?

EDIT --- PS4 Question

Someone here recommended a 2T hd for the PS4, and then i didn't get a chance to get it. Now i'm in the market again... anyone know of a good deal?

I think the consensus on the 2TB drive sis to grab one of those seagate 2tb slim externals, and to take the drive out of that. If you just want to buy the bare bones drive without the fuss of opening the seagate, it's a 2.5" samsung spin point m9t inside, you can buy as is on amazon. Whatever the best price you can find for either of those two items, that's your drive :)

Saphirax

Luckily i bought the limited retail edition... but now i have to wait for the shipping :( (i should have waited anyway since i'm European)

I probably would've done the same if it was coming out later in the EU. Personally, I find it too risky to buy it so close to the holidays. Holiday delays + 1-2 week shipping + slow customs = paying more for a game I'd probably end up playing only a week earlier than its EU release.

Is the line group that's mentioned in the OT quite active btw? Been playing freedom wars quite a lot online the last few nights while I'm watching the tv, would be nice to have some consistent team mates.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I probably would've done the same if it was coming out later in the EU. Personally, I find it too risky to buy it so close to the holidays. Holiday delays + 1-2 week shipping + slow customs = paying more for a game I'd probably end up playing only a week earlier than its EU release.

Ok but there's still no sign of the limited edition in eu stores :(
thanks to canadian dollar change i will pay less than 50euros shipment fee included.

Saphirax

Ok but there's still no sign of the limited edition in eu stores :(
thanks to canadian dollar change i will pay less than 50euros shipment fee included.

NISA said they'd announce one soon! Hopefully this week. Their SoSC LE goes on sale tomorrow, so maybe then.

J2 Cool

Is there any good podcasts or videos for 2015 ps4 year in review? I just got ps4 a month ago and i feel like im running into great games every day still I havent looked into.

Doing some Dying Light research, seems really up my alley. That and Until Dawn look great once I can find them close to 20 (hopefully week 3 or 4 sale). And I still havent made it to Witcher, Bloodborne, and MGSV

Trying out Life is Strange demo today as well. Feeling overwhelmed in the best way.

Is there any good podcasts or videos for 2015 ps4 year in review? I just got ps4 a month ago and i feel like im running into great games every day still I havent looked into.

Doing some Dying Light research, seems really up my alley. That and Until Dawn look great once I can find them close to 20 (hopefully week 3 or 4 sale). And I still havent made it to Witcher, Bloodborne, and MGSV

Trying out Life is Strange demo today as well. Feeling overwhelmed in the best way.

Watch out with dying light, there's a enhanced edition with the expansion coming out in February, so you might want to wait for that? Great game though if you don't want to wait. Not sure about eyar in review, you can probably expect that kind of thing over the next few weeks, giant bomb will probably end up discussing pretty much every game this eyar through their GOTY podcast in a week or so.

Kotaku just ran a really good state of affairs article series for the PS4, xbox and wii u, so maybe check that out? Not audio though sorry :( also just ask and see what answers you get :) what are you into/what do you have? I just did a big ps4 catchup for games I hadn't got to picking up yet and had left waiting too long. Grabbed LBP3, Tearaway Unfolded, God Of War 3 HD, The Order, Fat Princess Adventures, Rocket League and the ND collection in the last 2-3 weeks ha. OH yeah, and the minecraft story mode disc.

Definitely check out rocket league if you like online multi/fun though, that was probably the biggest surprise I slept on this year for PS4.

Just as a general talking point, just got done playing through the first episode of King's Quest. I started last night, and really loved it! Really enjoyed the tone and whimsy of the game. Lovely fairytale aesthetic, even if it was rough in some spots. Really fun adventure. I didn't really plan on checking the game out, so putting it on plus was a great move by Sony & Acti.

Saphirax

Ooh, interesting! Thanks. :) However I just preordered the US version yesterday from VG+ using PayPal. :(

Hhm, what to do as I'm going for a full PAL collection...

The price for the EU LE is...probably going to be an overkill like usual. I heard VG+ already started shipping the orders for some people so that's a big plus. The only thing you'd need to worry about if you play the US version is that you'll need the same version for Sen 2 so your save can carry over. Oh and the cosmetic dlc :p.

Sondar

The price for the EU LE is...probably going to be an overkill like usual. I heard VG+ already started shipping the orders for some people so that's a big plus. The only thing you'd need to worry about if you play the US version is that you'll need the same version for Sen 2 so your save can carry over. Oh and the cosmetic dlc :p.

Aaaaand my shipping email just arrived. Guess I won't be cancelling it now! Knowing me, I will still end up buying the European LE as well. Let's just hope it's different to the US one...

Saphirax

Aaaaand my shipping email just arrived. Guess I won't be cancelling it now! Knowing me, I will still end up buying the Europe LE as well. Let's just hope it's slightly different to the US one...

I just hope we don't end up paying more for less :p. (Although I'm not sure how it'd even be possible to get less).

nampad

As far as I'm concerned, bad news for The Banner Saga on Vita;

https://twitter.com/BannerSaga/status/677180220491833344

If it isn't coming to Vita, I won't buy and play it even though I have 3 platforms where I can. Vita gets fucked over because of the other versions fuck ups again...

I like CoD as well. Still didn't enjoy it. Don't mean to come off like an asshole but Acti blew it and I'm still salty.

I usually only play CoD for the SP because I don't like the MP. Well, there wasn't any other shooter on the Vita so I had to play Declassified's MP. Don't mean to come off like an asshole but the MP was just as mediocre as every other CoD MP :p

Cold Steel from VGP is already shipping? I asked them today when they expected to ship and they told me some time this week haha

My order is stil processing, please don't let me down VGP

Chuy

I might be boned in regards to my ps4. Its getting very loud lately while playing games and starting to skip on DVD/Blu-ray playback. Bought it second hand virtually new so i don't think i have a warranty for this. Lovely
I'll keep that in mind the next time its heavily discounted.

EDIT --- PS4 Question

I think the consensus on the 2TB drive sis to grab one of those seagate 2tb slim externals, and to take the drive out of that. If you just want to buy the bare bones drive without the fuss of opening the seagate, it's a 2.5" samsung spin point m9t inside, you can buy as is on amazon. Whatever the best price you can find for either of those two items, that's your drive :)
Basically this. Got the seagate myself and i'm pleased with it. Load times are better than stock ps4 hard drive which is a additional plus.
Here;s the one i got from amazon that works fine.

Is the line group that's mentioned in the OT quite active btw? Been playing freedom wars quite a lot online the last few nights while I'm watching the tv, would be nice to have some consistent team mates.
Yeah the chat is pretty active but i believe that people here and at the Official Topic would be willing to help also.

Certinty

Not sure if this is the place to ask but i'll try before making a thread.

I was a bit of an idiot and gameshared with an asshole.

Anyway he is threatening to take his account back, I have his account set as my primary PS4. Anyway I see there is an option for him online to deactivate all consoles so I have taken my PS4 offline, if he uses that option I assume the next time I connect my PS4 to the internet I'll lose the games?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yes. You need to never take your PS4 online again to keep those games. Just suck it up now, make sure you change all your account stuff and deactivate his console as well.

Certinty

Yes. You need to never take your PS4 online again to keep those games. Just suck it up now, make sure you change all your account stuff and deactivate his console as well.
Will finish some single-player games offline before I reconnect my PS4 to the internet then. Thanks mate, much appreciated.

Top Bottom