• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | December 2015

Is there a reason I can't buy PS Plus with my PSN credit anymore?
I'm on the UK store, and I've always got my PS Plus from the money I have on PSN, but now it's asking me to add a card/Paypal. Can I get around this and just use the money that I've just put on to pay for it?

Is this for the £6 1-month option?

Do you guys think there'll still be two more PSN updates this year?
Or will they be skipping a week for the holidays?

The Holiday Sale will go on for 2 more weeks, so there is that at least.

RK128

Saw a few games on sale for Vita and decided to get them:
-Shadow Tower
-Armored Core
-Rock Boshers DX: Director's Cut

Will get more stuff tomorrow, as Brandish: The Dark Revenant is a good deal for 6 bucks and maybe a PSP title; might give Crash Tag Team Racing a shot for my Vita (its a PS3-Transfer game according to the internet) :D.

How is Armored Core and Shadow Tower? I know what Rock Boshers is like (got the PS Mobile version) but I'm wondering what those two are like. I know From Software made both games at the very least and they are an awesome developer :).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
AC 1 is a dope game. It's old as dirt though. It's the pretty big franchise that people ignore From worked on in favor of more Souls games.

RK128

AC 1 is a dope game. It's old as dirt though. It's the pretty big franchise that people ignore From worked on in favor of more Souls games.

So its controls might be a bit off but otherwise its solid? Sounds great :D!

Thanks for the heads up Man God :).

kevin1025

Banned
I bought one of those Star Wars vouchers for the four games. DAMN Super Star Wars is hard...lol.

I never got past the Jawa sandcrawler back in the day, and I never expect to. I'm happy bouncing around in my speeder like a lunatic, thank you very much!

Although I bought the voucher tonight too so I intend to try...and fail.

I mostly bought it for Bounty Hunter and Racer Revenge though!

Yeah the chat is pretty active but i believe that people here and at the Official Topic would be willing to help also.

That's for the response man. Just looking for people to have fun with. I played through the campaign with what most would consider poor weapons haha, so just having fun now and startinmg to stockpile materials to try and upgrade stuff. Online is much better than AI companions, but it hurts when people drop out super early and so on. If anyone is playing, my id is donniefnwhalberg . I don't voice chat much since I'm usually in company of partner or child but I am often down to play stuff on both ps4 and vita :) wll have to drop a line in the FW OT as well, kind of want to keep going with this, really don't want to move on.

Although, I think part of my fear to move on is also to do with Soul Sacrifice. Started the original that I got off plus, reaaally like it. But also feel like I should stop and wait for Delta at a good price ha. I'll never buy it though if I play all the way through this version, so, torn.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
PSV-4th-Birthday-PS-Koushiki-600x338.jpg

Vita 4th birthday!
http://gematsu.com/2015/12/happy-fourth-birthday-ps-vita

I was quite surprised as I'd only ordered it 12 hours before!

I ordered a week ago and mine hasn't shipped :|
slightly annoyed, but I'll give them another day. Hoping everyone's orders arrive quickly :)

I'm in Europe so i hope vg+ will ship it ASAP

Really hope the eu gets a nice christmas sale. I think ours didn't kick in until the 23rd last year? Obviously there's the daily deals but I want a more general sale. There's a whole bunch of stuff in my wishlist that I'm waiting for yellow writing on haha.

Started messing with Muramasa Rebirth last night for the first time, never played a vanillaware game before. Pretty sweet, although I'm mostly still bashing, I'm sure I'll hit a point where I need to dig a bit deeper with the nuance of the combat. The world vibe is wonderful though, and those screens were the cherry blossoms blow, awesome.

Tizoc

Saw a few games on sale for Vita and decided to get them:
-Shadow Tower
-Armored Core
-Rock Boshers DX: Director's Cut

Will get more stuff tomorrow, as Brandish: The Dark Revenant is a good deal for 6 bucks and maybe a PSP title; might give Crash Tag Team Racing a shot for my Vita (its a PS3-Transfer game according to the internet) :D.

How is Armored Core and Shadow Tower? I know what Rock Boshers is like (got the PS Mobile version) but I'm wondering what those two are like. I know From Software made both games at the very least and they are an awesome developer :).

I've pimped Brandish for months :V

I'd totally buy some LEs if they weren't so outrageously expensive. I know it's beating a dead horse at this point, but paying 100% more for a box a CD and some booklet is just not something I can justify.

The Cold Steel LE from XSEED is perfect and exactly what I want. $10 more, a nicely designed premium box and some cheap swag. Until NISA can match that they won't get my business. The only reason they can get away with it is that they block imports from NA and that's not okay.

I've started to become a lot more selective about LEs. Don't get me wrong, I know I'm gonna love Stranger of the Sword City, but do I REALLY need the stuff that's gonna come in that box for the extra price and added shipping wait? If an LE isn't up on Amazon with release date delivery, that right there is already a no-no for me.

Cold Steel is up on Amazon and all, but again do I need anything other than the game? I never open the artbooks in fear of spoilers, and the soundtrack, I can most likely find on YouTube to listen to the one or two tracks that I like.

Is this for the £6 1-month option?

It was for all 3 options. I sorted it out though; on the upper part of the PS4 home screen I clicked the Plus symbol and it let me choose between buying the 3 and 12 month options, as did trying to start Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare. It was just trying to buy it from the Playstation Store itself, (on PS3, PS4, and the webstore) was asking me to add a credit card.

KanameYuuki

Buying my Vita for Freedom Wars was the right call, so far I love everything about it, the image quality is amazing, I had my doubts about actually buying it since it would be my very first handheld but everything has been great so far, OS is top notch too. I tend to get so sick while riding on cars but it has been helping me so much that a lot of times I don't even feel any different.

Now since I was always out of the loop with Vita games, I was wondering if any of you guys has a list of really cool jp games that I MUST buy, stuff like Persona 4, Danganronpa and so on, all I have right now are the ps+ games haha.

Buying my Vita for Freedom Wars was the right call, so far I love everything about it, the image quality is amazing, I had my doubts about actually buying it since it would be my very first handheld but everything has been great so far, OS is top notch too. I tend to get so sick while riding on cars but it has been helping me so much that a lot of times I don't even feel any different.

Now since I was always out of the loop with Vita games, I was wondering if any of you guys has a list of really cool jp games that I MUST buy, stuff like Persona 4, Danganronpa and so on, all I have right now are the ps+ games haha.

Wow, for real? That's awesome, vita is a great console to start handheld gaming. Not even a DS before?

Saphirax

So, not sure if this is a mistake or not - but Trails of Cold Steel isn't working on PSTV.

I've reached out for answers and will report back, but... yeah. :(

It's definitely a mistake. Both XSEED and NISA said it'd be compatible. It's probably something on Sony's end as usual. Maybe it'll only be available from the 22nd.

Cold Steel is up on Amazon and all, but again do I need anything other than the game? I never open the artbooks in fear of spoilers, and the soundtrack, I can most likely find on YouTube to listen to the one or two tracks that I like.

I am assuming you want to play the game without even the slightest spoilers then...

DO NOT OPEN ANYTHING. DON'T EVEN LOOK AT THE MANUAL. DON'T READ THEIR PROFILES. In fact, don't even watch the trailers/promotional materials (or opening movies, IMO).

PLAY. THE. GAME. STRAIGHT.

Falcom (
and by extension Kadokawa/Evo games publishers; they're probably worse considering their LE had a figure for an unintroduced character
) isn't exactly too careful about spoilers of their previous games especially when advertising the sequel. I remember reading that they got complaints from people for putting heavy spoilers of prequel in their promotional materials.

Heck, in Tokyo no KisekiTokyo Xanadu, the game has spoilers if you look carefully enough in the in-game help menu and how they set up the game. >_____>

I mean, there will still be lots of stuff not even shown in the trailers/promo and they most likely won't spoil the entire game, but if you're the type who cares, then why not go as much as you can?

I am now on a blackout for any Kiseki games and vow to play them ASAP. I already made mistakes with Zero/Aoi/Sen II (even effing Vita PS Store screenshots also spoiled me on an in-game event in Sora no Kiseki SC but it's a milder one, I guess. >____>)

Lots of scenes that could have been more awesome...

Oh, regarding Aoi no Kiseki Evolution. According to some article online, it has actually a spoiler (affecting more than just Aoi) for people paying enough attention.

KanameYuuki

Wow, for real? That's awesome, vita is a great console to start handheld gaming. Not even a DS before?

I was thinking to maybe get a 3DS or a WiiU(But with NX why bother with a WiiU) but since I had a crap ton of freebies I said why not.

I tried my friends Gameboys and DS but those always game me headache or made my eyes really tired/dry. I supposed it because I have a lazy eye. Thank good for screens nowadays with decent resolutions, even old school cellphones playing snake was a nightmare back then.

I am assuming you want to play the game without even the slightest spoilers then...

DO NOT OPEN ANYTHING. DON'T EVEN LOOK AT THE MANUAL. DON'T READ THEIR PROFILES. In fact, don't even watch the trailers/promotional materials (or opening movies, IMO).

PLAY. THE. GAME. STRAIGHT.

Falcom (
and by extension Kadokawa/Evo games publishers; they're probably worse considering their LE had a figure for an unintroduced character
) isn't exactly too careful about spoilers of their previous games especially when advertising the sequel. I remember reading that they got complaints from people for putting heavy spoilers of prequel in their promotional materials.

Heck, in Tokyo no KisekiTokyo Xanadu, the game has spoilers if you look carefully enough in the in-game help menu and how they set up the game. >_____>

I mean, there will still be lots of stuff not even shown in the trailers/promo and they most likely won't spoil the entire game, but if you're the type who cares, then why not go as much as you can?

I am now on a blackout for any Kiseki games and vow to play them ASAP. I already made mistakes with Zero/Aoi/Sen II (even effing Vita PS Store screenshots also spoiled me on an in-game event in Sora no Kiseki SC but it's a milder one, I guess. >____>)

Lots of scenes that could have been more awesome...

Oh, regarding Aoi no Kiseki Evolution. According to some article online, it has actually a spoiler (affecting more than just Aoi) for people paying enough attention.

Wow thanks for the heads up!

bobohoro

I'd totally buy some LEs if they weren't so outrageously expensive. I know it's beating a dead horse at this point, but paying 100% more for a box a CD and some booklet is just not something I can justify.

The Cold Steel LE from XSEED is perfect and exactly what I want. $10 more, a nicely designed premium box and some cheap swag. Until NISA can match that they won't get my business. The only reason they can get away with it is that they block imports from NA and that's not okay.

I gave up on LEs, almost completely. Never worth it to me. Put in the full OST, a steelbook and package it nicely and I'm willing to pay those 90-100€ for it, at least for my favourite games.

JRW

Bounty Hunter is still fun today and looks nice with the higher res and attempt at 60fps, but it has some awful slow down issues on PS4 which I know didn't happen on PS2 hardware, Chapter 1 -3 with all the conveyor belts is difficult to navigate due to the jarring FPS drops.

I was thinking to maybe get a 3DS or a WiiU(But with NX why bother with a WiiU) but since I had a crap ton of freebies I said why not.

I tried my friends Gameboys and DS but those always game me headache or made my eyes really tired/dry. I supposed it because I have a lazy eye. Thank good for screens nowadays with decent resolutions, even old school cellphones playing snake was a nightmare back then.

Definitely, plus is such a stealth way into enticing someone to buy a vita, were you grabbing them from the start? When they did Uncharted, Gravity Rush and Wipeout, so awesome.

More Muramasa Rebirth tonight I think. Spent the day jumping back and forth between The Order & Fat Princess Adventures, but looking forward to getting a bit more time in at Muramasa. So close to getting my sentence down to 800k in Freedom Wars too, hopefully get that tonight too.

autoduelist

Actually looked at the price. Yeah I'm surprised it went up so much. Got it $70 a while ago no regrets.
Check Newegg for a cheaper price or wait til a sale?

hmm., it seems like if i just search for Seagate external 2t I get a lot of results. Many are less - more like 85, which i can do. All of them are good, right?

Top Bottom