• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | December 2015

hmm., it seems like if i just search for Seagate external 2t I get a lot of results. Many are less - more like 85, which i can do. All of them are good, right?

As long as it's one of the 2.5" ones, then yea, I believe so. They do chunkier 3.5" externals though and they maaay come up if you search seagate 2gb so just watch that. I'm thinknig about getting a second and earlier I kept getting the 3.5s mixedin my results.

Guys, kind of in a piss or get off the pot situation. Really liked the opening chaper of Soul Sacrifice. Just play the original, or wait and get Delta? Are the additions that meaningful? I know you can carry your save over but I figure I will have saw most the game if I end up doing it that way.

Saphirax

HGDpVoC.gif

:p

Give it a year. It'll be someone's GOTY!

RK128

Hello guys :).

To celebrate my finals and papers being over, I got some Vita games :D!

Thanks to the recent sale, got Brandish, TowerFall (it was free for me :D!) and Tetris Ultimate with 7 bucks left over for next weeks sales (likely some great PS1 games or a PSP game going on sale next week :)).

Powwa

What's disappointing here is that it was Vita owners asked for the game, yet we can't even have a physical version. I mean I have a PS4 too but this is a game I want to play on my Vita, so I think I'll have to buy digitally then, meh.

What's disappointing here is that it was Vita owners asked for the game, yet we can't even have a physical version. I mean I have a PS4 too but this is a game I want to play on my Vita, so I think I'll have to buy digitally then, meh.
yeah, that's where I'm at, honestly. Not only do I hate buying big games in digital format, but this should obviously have a physical release.
Probably the original contract from when they licensed the game specified that they were licensing it for a handheld, which the PS TV is not.
This might be the case, but if it's true it's totally on sony. If your licensing contract doesn't allow you to effectively change the form factor of your device without being unable to translate licenses, you fucked up.

Shizuka

Have you played Cold Steel yet?

My Vita goty is Steins;Gate, I havn't looked at a list of games from the year but it definitely stands out on its own.

Not as much as I'd like to confidently claim it to be my GOTY, but enough to know it'll earn its right to be there.

autoduelist

This might be the case, but if it's true it's totally on sony. If your licensing contract doesn't allow you to effectively change the form factor of your device without being unable to translate licenses, you fucked up.

Not really, imo. I mean, it not only changed form factor, but name as well. It's effectively a different product, and many IP holders are very stringent about locking down the rights to a very specific timeframe and product.

It's unfortunate licensing gets in the way of gaming so often, but it's [generally] not so much the fault of any specific party as it is the very concept of licensing in general. People get upset when digital versions of games have soundtrack changes, for example, but getting permanent rights to use a popular song 'for all time, including different versions' would be darn near impossible.

Licensing is ugly, ugly business. Especially any licenses pre-digital age that didn't take the medium into consideration -- but even modern licenses still will cause problems in the future, since it's effectively part of the very nature of licensing IP to limit it. Add in companies merging, bankrupting, or simply not giving a flying squirrel about renegotiating some minor property they own and it'll forever be problematic.

Not really, imo. I mean, it not only changed form factor, but name as well. It's effectively a different product, and many IP holders are very stringent about locking down the rights to a very specific timeframe and product.

It's unfortunate licensing gets in the way of gaming so often, but it's [generally] not so much the fault of any specific party as it is the very concept of licensing in general. People get upset when digital versions of games have soundtrack changes, for example, but getting permanent rights to use a popular song 'for all time, including different versions' would be darn near impossible.

Licensing is ugly, ugly business. Especially any licenses pre-digital age that didn't take the medium into consideration -- but even modern licenses still will cause problems in the future, since it's effectively part of the very nature of licensing IP to limit it. Add in companies merging, bankrupting, or simply not giving a flying squirrel about renegotiating some minor property they own and it'll forever be problematic.
That's all great, but we all know you wouldn't say something bad about sony unless there was no way to spin it away from them.

Licensing is an ugly business. That's irrelevant. What matters is Sony negotiated the contract, and if their contract doesn't allow for the same hardware being placed in a box without buttons or a screen, then it's a shit contract.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Jump Festa isn't really a place for new game announcements in general. We'll get news on existing games, though.

I honestly don't expect anything big for any systems from Japan until maybe the DQ Summit next month. They still need to prime the pump a bit for DQ XI.

Saphirax

Either a lot of people are buying the SoSC LE or NISA didn't get a lot of stock for their European store. 50-75% stock left after only a day.

What are the chances of VGP getting the LE?

Clive

Either a lot of people are buying the SoSC LE or NISA didn't get a lot of stock for their European store. 50-75% stock left after only a day.

What are the chances of VGP getting the LE?

The only Vita NISA LE that I have seen VGP stock was Ar nosurge Plus so don't count on it.

Saphirax

You’ll be able to explore all the features of Stranger of Sword City when it launches digitally and at retail on March 22nd, 2016. Until then, join us on our Twitch channel next Tuesday, Dec 22nd at 5:30 PM Pacific for the first live look at the English version of the game,

Important bit. And uh yeah, that font alignment...why? D:

RK128

Is VitaGAF gonna be there for me when this turns out to be nothing? So far we have gotten, "Can you feel the hunger?" and "Teamwork will help us on the journey". Why does BamCo keep giving me hope. WHY.

Its going to happen man; would be smart to release it next year to spread out the release of games (Resurrection for early 2016, 2 Rage Burst for late summer 2016) and it would be a move by Bamco telling everyone "We heard you and we want to make you happy".

If it leads to nothing.....don't get upset man :(. This is the year of dreams and so many things got announced that we never expected (Pyschonutts 2, localization of Digimon Cyber Sleuth, FFVII Remake, ect), so maybe 2016 is Year of Dreams: Part 2 or something.

deadfolk

I'm debating picking up a second Vita to replace my day 1 model (which works fine atm) while they are still available.

It's a lot of money to spend on something I already have, but I would go mental if something happened to my Vita and I couldn't replace it.

So torn. There are a lot of other things I could do with €250.

Sondar

Europe Trails of Cold Steel details...

We are very pleased to announce that THE story RPG The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel will be arriving in Europe and on 29th January 2016 for PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®Vita!

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (PS3 or PS Vita)
- 5" x 10" Art book featuring over 100 pages of art from the game
- A 1.5” pin displaying the emblem of the country of Erebonia

Preorders for The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Launch Edition will open early next year!

And stay tuned on how you can get your hands on the extremely limited Fan Pack!

click

click

Top Bottom