• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | December 2015

Europe Trails of Cold Steel details...

Honestly with how much extra shipping would be to get that in the US, the extras just really don't seem worth it, especially when I'm already saving money on the LE by using Bestbuy. Any music cd short of the full soundtrack just doesn't appeal to me at all. Would rather they go all the way with a full OST or not even bother and put something else in it if possible. Then there's the postcards and poster, which while nice, seem kinda redundant when I'm sure the artbook has those exact same pictures in it.

autoduelist

That's all great, but we all know you wouldn't say something bad about sony unless there was no way to spin it away from them.

Licensing is an ugly business. That's irrelevant. What matters is Sony negotiated the contract, and if their contract doesn't allow for the same hardware being placed in a box without buttons or a screen, then it's a shit contract.

We don't agree. And that's a lot of crap about me not talking bad about Sony. i didn't buy anything from Sony for years after their rootkit fiasco. Just because I don't think they're necessarily at fault for licensing, or because I happen to be glad they moved from AAA that wasn't selling to indies/localizations that do, or whatever doesn't mean I don't have issues with them. I wish ps2 classics were crossbuy, and it's sad that they aren't.

I don't play the blame guessing game. When they're directly at fault, like the rootkit scenario, i hold them to the fire. When it's something like licensing? Meh, who knows what happened.

Been hearing a lot of noise about this trails of cold steel, and (helpfully) Sondar put up the info about it coming to the Eu. I know literally nothing about the series, trails ni the sky seems to be the only entry on the eu psn, is cold steel a fine place to jump on? Civ Rev plus 2 and this game both Jan for EU, could be a good month :)

redcrayon

Been hearing a lot of noise about this trails of cold steel, and (helpfully) Sondar put up the info about it coming to the Eu. I know literally nothing about the series, trails ni the sky seems to be the only entry on the eu psn, is cold steel a fine place to jump on? Civ Rev plus 2 and this game both Jan for EU, could be a good month :)
Trails in the Sky SC is there too, but it's hard to find due to the search function being a bit rubbish.

Clive

PS Blog has opened there Game of the year votes.

It feels like there should be more games for the Vita on the list.
Feels like some games are missing...
Feels like they skipped over the companies localizing Japanese games almost entirely. NISA, IFI, Aksys, Xseed and Atlus got a grand total of three nominations combined when they had 10+ games released.

Not that they would win anyway. I think people without a Vita will vote for the only few games they've heard of.

Trails in the Sky SC is there too, but it's hard to find due to the search function being a bit rubbish.

Cheers for that Crayon. I had searched Trails, Trails in the sky AND trails in the sky second chapter last night haha and only got trails in the sky. I typed in trails in the sky sc though and it appeared, so that's cool. I've wishlisted them. The two together will chin me £40~ odd so I think I might have to wait for a sale on that one, but they look pretty awesome!

redcrayon

Cheers for that Crayon. I had searched Trails, Trails in the sky AND trails in the sky second chapter last night haha and only got trails in the sky. I typed in trails in the sky sc though and it appeared, so that's cool. I've wishlisted them. The two together will chin me £40~ odd so I think I might have to wait for a sale on that one, but they look pretty awesome!
No prob. I'm so glad for the wishlist function, mine has about thirty titles on it!

autoduelist

I'll be honest, not much in that video got me excited. There were a couple things that looked alright, but that's about it. I know there's other stuff coming that I will be excited about, though, so I'm not worries.

I think I watched a different vid than you.

Aegis of Earth, Attack on Titan, Darkest Dungeon, Digimon looked amazing, and several others will be day 1 if the price is right. And that's just part 1 of 4!

Exciting times.

Is today the last day of jump festa?

If that is the case I'm hoping for gameplay trailers for coven(?) and labyrinth, SAO Hollow Realization, hero must die, god wars, summoner night 6, zero escape 3, toukiden 2 and that vanillaware game :D

Edit:I know there's more that I don't remember so please enlight me with your knowledge!

I'll be honest, not much in that video got me excited. There were a couple things that looked alright, but that's about it. I know there's other stuff coming that I will be excited about, though, so I'm not worries.

Maybe the second video will be more up your alley?

I think I watched a different vid than you.

Aegis of Earth, Attack on Titan, Darkest Dungeon, Digimon looked amazing, and several others will be day 1 if the price is right. And that's just part 1 of 4!

Exciting times.

Watched it and its nice seeing some of the many games coming next year on Vita :D.

Well here's part 2 of 4 to get you even more hyped. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5q83E-0bpk

uW7st35.jpg

Guns Gore & Cannoli PS4 - It's a very NES type game of only being able to shoot in one direction with hordes of enemies coming at you. Also has an interesting couch co-op that is surprising fun. Get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNB2gc1Zj5I

Zotrix PS4 - This game tries to be interesting with by being a shootem-up that you can mine resources and customize your ship. Fails terribly in execution. Worst menus I have ever seen. Every mission is the same. Boring. Nope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX8Q2DSnFJQ

wle1Rt2.jpg

Penarium PS4 - Really fun arcadey one screen platformer reminiscent of Whoah Dave. Surprisingly keeps things fresh by changing a lot during the campaign. It gets really hard. Get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sn1A10hcks

Prismatic Solid PS4 - Uninteresting shootem-up. The content is bad and there is not even a lot of the bad content. Boring. Nope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIiaW7mUb8c

2wheWwH.jpg

Kings Quest: Episode 1 PS4 - Thought this would be a PS+ stealth demo but there is a lot of content. Really great adventure game that mixes the openness of Kings Quest with some modern adventure game mechanics. It is pretty open about being influenced by the The Princess Bride complete with the voice of Wallace Shawn. I wish TellTale games were this good. Get it.

Great job with the second part!

A few of the indie games on this video I thought got their Vita versions canceled, so seeing them here makes me happy that they are still Vita games :).

Thanks! ^_^

That one was all about Liege for me, though I think if they're in alpha order you skipped something i was looking forward to: God Wars.

But it also had some games I know most are looking forward to (HLD, AV) so I can see others liking this vid a lot.

God Wars and Root Letter were going to be in the mix, but I couldn't get footage or scene bits that looked right. I struggled with it here and there trying to make something of what I could find, but ultimately gave up on them when everything else was done as I couldn't be bothered to waste any more time on it.

VLiberty

Great work TVL crew! Though I was expecting AC Chronicles to be on the list(and Civilization, but I'm guessing it's an "S" since it's actually Sid Meier's CR2)

Speaking of upcoming games, does anyone know what's up with Not a Hero on console? It's been quite a long while since it was released on PC
My 2016 list is pretty big as of now, but I'm afraid how many of those will actually come out...like, are Shadow Blade Reload, Fenix Rage, Shu, forma.8, Energy Hook, Aztez, Electronic Super Joy, Poncho and others even coming out?

Other than those, I'm looking forward to Axiom Verge, Rocketbirds 2, Hyper Lighter, Oddworld NNT(hopefully Exoddus remake too, but I can't see it coming), Not a Hero, AC Chronicles, Shantae(lol 2017 if coming at all) Attractio, Drift Stage, maybe Mighty no9, and Bloodstained although this one is not coming to vita before 2018

Great work TVL crew! Though I was expecting AC Chronicles to be on the list(and Civilization, but I'm guessing it's an "S" since it's actually Sid Meier's CR2)

Speaking of upcoming games, does anyone know what's up with Not a Hero on console? It's been quite a long while since it was released on PC
My 2016 list is pretty big as of now, but I'm afraid how many of those will actually come out...like, are Shadow Blade Reload, Fenix Rage, Shu, forma.8, Energy Hook, Aztez, Electronic Super Joy, Poncho and others even coming out?

Other than those, I'm looking forward to Axiom Verge, Rocketbirds 2, Hyper Lighter, Oddworld NNT(hopefully Exoddus remake too, but I can't see it coming), Not a Hero, AC Chronicles, Shantae(lol 2017 if coming at all) Attractio, Drift Stage, maybe Mighty no9, and Bloodstained although this one is not coming to vita before 2018

Civilization didn't make the cut. As much as I'd love to include everything, I just don't have the time - haha. I tried to take a splattering from all over, including when I asked you guys not long ago what you were looking forward to (and what below the radar but awesome titles you await). ;)

As for the listed titles, I can confirm that Shadow Blade, forma.8, Energy Hook, and Poncho are still working towards release - though I'm not 100% on the others as I haven't heard anything recent personally.

Did Y2K ever confirm XCom for Vita?

Nope.

nampad

So does anybody know if Civ Rev 2 has any real additions over the mobile version than just the japanese campaign and characters stuff?

I mean gameplay additions. Civ Rev 1 was pretty plain as a Civ fan.

Shizuka

Man, excellent work with this. Major plus points for including Attractio (I'm really looking forward to having not-quite-portal on my Vita). I too felt the absence of Assassin's Creed & Civ though, they're two of the more major 2015 titles for me :p

Part 1 of 4.

RK128

Hello guys :).

Finally got some progress done on a lot of games :D!

Beat Shovel Knight and now I'm going to try to beat Bastion and Tresgard this week :).

Also re-downloaded FFVII and FFIX, as after playing as Cloud in Smash Bros. 3DS, I want to fully apprechate the series through playing its titles. And after getting through a very annoying puzzle, now at the head of action (sneaking into a building to save a character). Like that you have to options to tackle the situation (head-on or stealthy) and seeing the characters interact with each other as everything progresses is really cool.

Looking forward to beating at least Disk 1 and 2 this week and then beat the game over next weekend hopefully :).

Also got Brandish, Armored Core, Another From PS1 game and Tetris Ultimate for my Vita as well this weekend and while I didn't play all of them, Brandish and Tetris are great so far :D.

Brandish is a perfect DRPG for me; lots of agency and controllable action all the while having elements that interested me with Demons Gaze (dungeon design, navigation, ect).

Tetris is, well Tetris, so you can't go wrong with that XD! Having a version of that on my Vita rocks and I already killed an hour or so these past few days playing the game :).

Now that finals are over and I'm home for a long while (until Jan. 29th when classes start again), I'm going to enjoy my time off with some long over due Vita, PS2 and 3DS gaming :D!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
O_O!

Welp, guess I will try to beat FFVII in two weeks then :l.

Yeah, without spoiling anything you're maybe 30-40 percent of the way through the disc and disc 2 is only slightly shorter (or a lot longer if you start doing a bunch of sidequests that open up)

I finished Bastion this weekend.

Did enjoy the ending very much. And the game as a whole. Didn't quite match all the hype and praise I'd heard about it, though.

Top Bottom