• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | December 2015

And if the localization gods allow, I will Xanadu.

Xanadu and Valkyrie Drive (I'm kidding myself with the latter) are my most hoped for localizations since I can rarely bring myself to import things. Both should come (from a consumer stand-point), but I doubt the latter will 'cause orgasms.

Chuy

All these games being localized is amazing. Definitely good news to wake up to though I can feel my wallet already being to weep at the amount of money I'm going to spend next year.

Clive

I thought the Vita would start winding down in 2016 in terms of retail releases but it's looking like it could be the best year yet. I'm grabbing Odin's Sphere on the PS4 though because of the LE but I would not be surprised if I end up with over 20 Vita retail releases from 2016 when all is said and done. Definitely getting all the three games announced today.

Year of Dreams indeed, even for Vita. There is only one dream left:

Persona 3 Golden.

The final P3 anime movie is airing soon and they just might announce it at the end (hopefully). Atlus gotta give Vita fans a bone since PS4 and PS3 are getting P5 in 2016, a definitive edition of P3 with P3P FeMC story and The Answer would be glorious!

RK128

Xanadu and Valkyrie Drive (I'm kidding myself with the latter) are my most hoped for localizations since I can rarely bring myself to import things. Both should come (from a consumer stand-point), but I doubt the latter will 'cause orgasms.

If the anime doesn't get localized in any fashion and they change the ages/not list them like XSEED did with the SK series, localization of Valkyrie Drive is likely to happen. If not next year, then 2017 (considering SK:EV is coming over next year).

RK128

Year of Dreams indeed, even for Vita. There is only one dream left:

Persona 3 Golden.

The final P3 anime movie is airing soon and they just might announce it at the end (hopefully). Atlus gotta give Vita fans a bone since PS4 and PS3 are getting P5 in 2016, a definitive edition of P3 with P3P FeMC story and The Answer would be glorious!

If that gets announced for Vita/PS4 (that will happen I feel; Bamco does that with Vita games, it happening with Atlus wouldn't shock me), I will be in tears :').

After playing through P3P, I fell in love with the game and it getting an expanded remake?!

This will be me when its announced:
KCEXGVZVL79mM.gif

If that gets announced for Vita/PS4 (that will happen I feel; Bamco does that with Vita games, it happening with Atlus wouldn't shock me), I will be in tears :').

After playing through P3P, I fell in love with the game and it getting an expanded remake?!

This will be me when its announced:
KCEXGVZVL79mM.gif

Dude me too, tears of joy! I love P3 and I can not wait to play P4G this week when I finally get my Vita.

Prelude.

P3 Sapphire (?) would be the only way to make me play the game since I can't fucking play FES on console/pc and P3P isn't exactly the full game but I'd rather get a completely new game from Atlus. Their best selling game in Japan this year is a rhythm game, they can do better and try something new.

I need P5 in my veins (on Vita), even if I have to get a PS Now subscription for it.

Would love a definitive P3 on Vita to death, seems like such a great game but doesn't have a definitive edition a la Golden.

CvYDQyX.jpg

Nuclear Throne Vita - Sometimes you don't need fancy graphics and complicated gameplay to make an engaging game. Get it.

DrE1rO3.jpg

Bastion Vita - I didn't like Transistor so I was surprised I liked this so much. Mission structure is perfect for Vita. Get it.

autoduelist

We almost stopped believeing, but here it is

This is better than christmas

Is that the game everyone thought would never happen because it wasn't announced alongside the anime? If so, I said it then, I'll say it again -- marketing departments work on their own schedule... never lose faith just because something isn't announced when you think it should be.

Reset

I found P3P to be pretty boring, but I only got up the train section. I liked how in P4G you were with your party the majority of the time since you were a close group of friends. In P3P it was the exact opposite, and I ended up not caring about any of the party members. And it's not like Persona series has one of the greatest battle systems so I ended up dropping it.

Oh and I'm disappointed that Namco isn't going to localize the other Tales game.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
It doesn't show as embedded for me, so I didn't think it was going to embed for you guys either. :/
Well on vita you can see the video without going to the youtube page.

I guess you now have to make an addendum video for today's additions lol.

DD-only in EU and almost certainly the same in NA:

eOiURBb.jpg

https://www.bandainamcoent.eu/product/mobile-suit-gundam-extreme-vs-force/ps-vita

These games usually have a bunch of DLC, so it's good that they're at least offering a digital version.
Meh, this kind of things has no sense at all.

Seriously, is there no Vita topic?
This was called Vitagaf long time ago, but apparently vita didn't deserve its own thread in gaf so it became the PSN thread, but don't worry, even with another name this is still vitagaf ;) (obviously ps3 and 4 discussions are welcome though)

Prelude.

Pretty salty that GE is getting a retail release but not Digimon.

Even on ps4 it's only a limited release in Europe. Retailers must hate the ip.

Pretty salty that GE is getting a retail release but not Digimon.

Even on ps4 it's only a limited release in Europe. Retailers must hate the ip.
It looks like GE will get an EFIGS localization as well, so they're trying to make it big. Digimon is more of a small scale experiment. It's not about retailers, it's Bamcos decision. In Germany you can preordered Digimon everywhere.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
CvYDQyX.jpg

Nuclear Throne Vita - Sometimes you don't need fancy graphics and complicated gameplay to make an engaging game. Get it.

DrE1rO3.jpg

Bastion Vita - I didn't like Transistor so I was surprised I liked this so much. Mission structure is perfect for Vita. Get it.

Those who manage the italian vita store do a very bad job, Nuclear Throne, Bastion and Darius Burst are on the store but you have to search for them, i wonder how many other games are in the same situation.

Prelude.

It looks like GE will get an EFIGS localization as well, so they're trying to make it big. Digimon is more of a small scale experiment. It's not about retailers, it's Bamcos decision. In Germany you can preordered Digimon everywhere.
It is about retailers, afaik Bamco has to rely on a lot of different companies to release their games in Europe so if it can't even release in every eu country it means they're not really sold on the product.

Ray Gigant! Salt & Sanctuary! Severed!

Maybe you'll find the energy to do a 'followup' episode with Civ Rev, God Wars, and others! [these vids are great!, thanks!]

Well on vita you can see the video without going to the youtube page.

I guess you now have to make an addendum video for today's additions lol.

A lot of people have been saying just that, and I might; it depends on how well received these videos end up (I'm posting the group as an article on TVL tomorrow) and if I get the time with clean-up on the site. I expect everyone to "bounce" for Christmas and leave me with the bag like last year (not that I mind too much). haha

LMN

One piece Burning blood vita version will get a retail release for EU according to Isshak from PS blog.Eu.
I'm just really glad that many vita games still get retail release, I always import game just to get a physical copy.

The anime so far has been very "Slice of Life-y" without too much action. This is a 2-cour show though (24 episodes) and we've only been through half of it. They seem to be gradually adding more characters and more complexity to the plot under the hood. Also the fact that an Uta 2-2 just released probably means that those of us watching the anime are most likely gonna get hit with a cliffhanger on the last episode
what's new, in this medium anyway.

Uta 2-2 isn't coming out in Japan until September 21 2016. Honestly most of the stuff you are mentioning doesn't have much to do with whether or not Atlus will localize Itsuwari no Kamen. They localized Tears to Tiara 2 from the same company despite the first game never coming over, so the sequel status isn't that big of a hurdle.

data

What's the best way to print out cover papers (the ones you stick in a game case) for the PS4? is there a tutorial for this? My little brother just spilled a drink on a case and it's all messed up now.

Nice. Now we have NISA, PQube and Marvelous bringing XSEED/Aksys/Atlus games here.

Yeah, I definitely appreciate it. I just hope they pick up any games that have DLC, that's always the kicker for me (Muramasa was a difficult decision - got both digital & physical in the end).

FDC1

Has anyone bought the new Montezuma game in Europe? Installation of the Vita version fails every time for me at 15% :(

Xenoflare

My copy of Cold Steel hasn't shipped yet, I should have just bought it at GameStop lol

lol eb(canada's gamestop) called me saying they won't have it in stock tomorrow because of a shipping delay.

That happened to me with P4A Ultimax too, I just picked it up from best buy instead, though eb's delay was only a few hours in the end.

lol eb(canada's gamestop) called me saying they won't have it in stock tomorrow because of a shipping delay.

That happened to me with P4A Ultimax too, I just picked it up from best buy instead, though eb's delay was only a few hours in the end.

Only reason why I ordered from BestBuy was because of the my GCU discount. Might go around town hunting for a Lionheart edition. I really want to play CS before the end of the year.

Xenoflare

Only reason why I ordered from BestBuy was because of the my GCU discount. Might go around town hunting for a Lionheart edition. I really want to play CS before the end of the year.

I would have just snatch a copy on BB since they open their online reserves for pickup after midnight. But since it's the CE I preordered I have to wait. BB only has the regular edition on their site.

Lame.

Christian

I didn't think I could ever be more excited to be a Vita owner, but I am. Talk about the little hardware that could. Despite Sony's best efforts to sabotage it, Vita keeps on trucking.

Xenoflare

I didn't think I could ever be more excited to be a Vita owner, but I am. Talk about the little hardware that could. Despite Sony's best efforts to sabotage it, Vita keeps on trucking.

True, I thought it's going to die since nothing after Toukiden Kiwami captured my interest.

With Cyber Sleuth, God Eater, and two trails game down the road it should be able to fight with Fire Emblem Fates and SMTIV Final with my 3DS.

So is anyone else having issues buying stuff off the EU store at the moment? I'm getting error messages whenever I try and pay for my stuff via the checkout...

Top Bottom