• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | December 2015

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
What's coming to Vita in 2016, you ask?

Well... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db-9LUv19pY

Good video but it needs to specify is part 1 of 4 or those who watch it embedded may think that's a standalone video, specifying that the list is in alphabetical order would help too.

EDIT:
TOTP(am i the only one doing it? :( )

Buy/import Trails of cold steel!
Buy terraria too, if you play it these days you will find Christmas themed items, enemies and animals with Christmas themed accessories and even Santa Claus!

RK128

That plus Gundam finally being localized on Vita for the first time and One Piece Burning Blood being re-confirmed for Vita really is making 2016 great for the console. I mean we have these and it is just off the top of my head naming all of this:
-Axiom Verge
-Shantae: Half Genie Hero
-God Eater Resurrection
-God Eater 2 Rage Burst
-Digimon Cyber Sleuth
-One Piece Burning Rage
-Gundam Vs.
-Sword Art Online Hollow Realization
-Danganronpa 3 (Japan 2016 Release; Western Release likely Fall 2016/Early 2016)
-Zero Escape 3
-Trails of Cold Steel 2
-Neptuina: Blanc Zombie Game
-Neptuina vs. Sega Hard Girls

I'm missing games but so much is coming next year for the console XD!

Saphirax

That plus Gundam finally being localized on Vita for the first time and One Piece Burning Blood being re-confirmed for Vita really is making 2016 great for the console. I mean we have these and it is just off the top of my head naming all of this:
-Axiom Verge
-Shantae: Half Genie Hero
-God Eater Resurrection
-God Eater 2 Rage Burst
-Digimon Cyber Sleuth
-One Piece Burning Rage
-Gundam Vs.
-Sword Art Online Hollow Realization
-Danganronpa 3
-Zero Escape 3
-Trails of Cold Steel 2
-Neptuina: Blanc Zombie Game
-Neptuina vs. Sega Hard Girls

I'm missing games but so much is coming next year for the console XD!

I don't think Danganronpa 3 has been confirmed for the West.

shmoglish

Brandish is great btw..

I hope Tits will be on sale soon. Really want to play it on the vita, but 30€ is a bi to much for me at the moment.

18-Volt

Two down, many still remains. XSEED and Atlus still haven't announced their complete H1 2016 lineup and NISA has only one. I expect:

- Net High (XSEED)
- Luminous Arc Infinity (XSEED, I have a bad feeling that they'll skip this one because everyone at XSEED is unfamiliar with the franchise)
- Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni (XSEED)
- Tokyo Xanadu (XSEED, Summer?)
- Nightwatch (NISA)
- Hero Must Die (NISA Summer?)
- Grand Kingdom (Atlus, online thing could be a dealbreaker though)
- Exist Archive (Atlus)

Sondar

Chances of Gundam getting a physical release in the West? If so, do we all cancel our English/Asian Play-Asia pre-orders?

Yeah I'm not sure how high Luminous Arc Infinity's chances are anymore, we'll see. I'd like to have it, but at this point I could deal with it not coming. Stella Glow seems to scratch the same itch.

I also still see a good chance for Utawarerumono from ATLUS.

RK128

Two down, many still remains. XSEED and Atlus still haven't announced their complete H1 2016 lineup and NISA has only one. I expect:

- Net High (XSEED)
- Luminous Arc Infinity (XSEED, I have a bad feeling that they'll skip this one because everyone at XSEED is unfamiliar with the franchise)
- Nightwatch (NISA)
- Exist Archive (Atlus)

Everything but Valkyrie Drive I'm positive is coming over. That game in particular though might be 'too much' for the west and I'm not sure if that is coming over. It has a good chance considering how different it is from other media using the same name, but still unsure on that :l.

Saphirax

- Net High (XSEED)
- Nightwatch (NISA)
- Exist Archive (Atlus)

Add Utawarerumono for Atlus. And maybe DT2-2. XSEED has a lot of possibilities; personally hoping for TX and NH.

I am still holding out hope that it'll make it over, Shizuka is positive about it coming so we have that.

It may not be Phantasy Star Nova, but I love God Eater Burst so I'll take it :D

Yeah I'm not sure how high Luminous Arc Infinity's chances are anymore, we'll see. I'd like to have it, but at this point I could deal with it not coming. Stella Glow seems to scratch the same itch.

I also still see a good chance for Utawarerumono from ATLUS.

I think Uta would kind of be a tough one you know. Although the anime is airing now, and it does not rely TOO MUCH to the original game, AFAIK the one Japan got recently is basically Uta 2-2, so we'd need to get the first part first. Idk, seems like almost all major Japanese releases make it overseas nowadays so I am not gonna say it can't happen. After all 2016 is the dream year.

Also I said this on Twitter but I'll say it here again, Bamco has officially become my favourite publisher right next to Atlus. The amount of work they are putting out these days, and all the support they keep giving to our niche libraries is super impressive.

Someone on reddit did the work and compiled a list with english names
https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/3xm80m/jp_theres_a_big_holiday_sale_of_psp_games_on/

How's Pop'n Music Portable 2? I still have some Yen left on my account

Pop'n Music Portable 2 is good. I have both 1 and 2 in UMD format, and they're fun, challenging rhythm games. It takes a bit to get adjusted to how the controls work on PSP, but it's doable. Lots and lots of music to choose from. You do have to unlock most of the songs in party mode, in which some knowledge of Japanese is helpful, so do be aware of that.

Since I had a bunch of yen sitting in my Japanese account, I got Last Ranker, Princess Crown, Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary, and Gachitora from this sale. (Last Ranker isn't on sale, but it's super-cheap anyway.) Since changing regions on Vita is so painful and there aren't too many interesting Japanese-only Vita games anyway, I think I'll make my PSP into a Japanese-digital primary machine.

Saphirax

Is Amazon UK acting up for anyone? I was just checking some games and it says they can't deliver them to my location for over half of them, mostly pre-order games such as Cyber Sleuth and Neptunia.

Good video but it needs to specify is part 1 of 4 or those who watch it embedded may think that's a standalone video, specifying that the list is in alphabetical order would help too.

It doesn't show as embedded for me, so I didn't think it was going to embed for you guys either. :/

Thanks for the videos, much appreciated!

It was, actually! Drifter looks pretty cool, I like the look and style of Iconoclasts, Liege looks interesting, and more Neptunia is always fun. Thanks!

No problem, I'll be posting #3 shortly. ;)

---

Great news on the God Eater series coming West; totally predicted it though. Been saying a while they were going to release Resurrection in Japan and then announce they're both coming West (if you listen to the podcast you know what I'm talking about - haha).

I think Uta would kind of be a tough one you know. Although the anime is airing now, and it does not rely TOO MUCH to the original game, AFAIK the one Japan got recently is basically Uta 2-2, so we'd need to get the first part first. Idk, seems like almost all major Japanese releases make it overseas nowadays so I am not gonna say it can't happen. After all 2016 is the dream year.
It's PS4, which makes it attractive, and ATLUS has done a decent amount of Aquaplus stuff. I believe. Not sure how connected it is story-wise, but I'm pretty sure that could be handled somehow.
Pop'n Music Portable 2 is good. I have both 1 and 2 in UMD format, and they're fun, challenging rhythm games. It takes a bit to get adjusted to how the controls work on PSP, but it's doable. Lots and lots of music to choose from. You do have to unlock most of the songs in party mode, in which some knowledge of Japanese is helpful, so do be aware of that.

Thanks, i'll get it.
Also I said this on Twitter but I'll say it here again, Bamco has officially become my favourite publisher right next to Atlus. The amount of work they are putting out these days, and all the support they keep giving to our niche libraries is super impressive.
Yep, for me it's Bamco + XSEED. I can't say ATLUS because EU :)
Is Amazon UK acting up for anyone? I was just checking some games and it says they can't deliver them to my location for over half of them, mostly pre-order games such as Cyber Sleuth and Neptunia.

That happened before a few months ago but fixed itself later. I wouldn't worry for now.

RK128

Great news on the God Eater series coming West; totally predicted it though. Been saying a while they were going to release Resurrection in Japan and then announce they're both coming West (if you listen to the podcast you know what I'm talking about - haha).

I'm sure that this news will be part of the next episode of the podcast in the future too ;).

Regardless, seeing the God Eater games and Gundam Vs. land on Vita next year is a great thing, as it gives more support for the console from Bamco.

Plus for people worried about retail versions, it seems the God Eater games will have physical versions wile Gundam is digital only and is using an English-Asian Translation as its base. Hopefully after Hollow Fragment, they will make sure the translation is stronger but its worth pointing out.

Saphirax

It's PS4, which makes it attractive, and ATLUS has done a decent amount of Aquaplus stuff. I believe. Not sure how connected it is story-wise, but I'm pretty sure that could be handled somehow.

Thanks, i'll get it.

That happened before a few months ago but fixed itself later. I wouldn't worry for now.

Oh yeah, I remember when it happened. Was just checking, can never be too sure!

Takao

Banned
Chances of Gundam getting a physical release in the West? If so, do we all cancel our English/Asian Play-Asia pre-orders?

DD-only in EU and almost certainly the same in NA:

eOiURBb.jpg

https://www.bandainamcoent.eu/product/mobile-suit-gundam-extreme-vs-force/ps-vita

These games usually have a bunch of DLC, so it's good that they're at least offering a digital version.

The anime so far has been very "Slice of Life-y" without too much action. This is a 2-cour show though (24 episodes) and we've only been through half of it. They seem to be gradually adding more characters and more complexity to the plot under the hood. Also the fact that an Uta 2-2 just released probably means that those of us watching the anime are most likely gonna get hit with a cliffhanger on the last episode
what's new, in this medium anyway.

As for your last point your problem with Atlus is to an extent what I as a Canadian have with XSeed's physical goods and online shopping. Not as bad as Atlus with EU but it definitely does annoy me, and I can never seem to get their stuff on the day that they launch simply because that is when we either get it shipped to us, rather than having that be done before that date. I have to keep going digital with them... Which reminds me, I am holding hope that some shops around me MAY already have it, like VGP, and I may just swing by.

I'm sure that this news will be part of the next episode of the podcast in the future too ;).

Regardless, seeing the God Eater games and Gundam Vs. land on Vita next year is a great thing, as it gives more support for the console from Bamco.

Plus for people worried about retail versions, it seems the God Eater games will have physical versions wile Gundam is digital only and is using an English-Asian Translation as its base. Hopefully after Hollow Fragment, they will make sure the translation is stronger but its worth pointing out.

God Eater is gonna be physical, WOOOT. Do you have the source to this, this makes me really happy!

As for your last point your problem with Atlus is to an extent what I as a Canadian have with XSeed's physical goods and online shopping. Not as bad as Atlus with EU but it definitely does annoy me, and I can never seem to get their stuff on the day that they launch simply because that is when we either get it shipped to us, rather than having that be done before that date. I have to keep going digital with them... Which reminds me, I am holding hope that some shops around me MAY already have it, like VGP, and I may just swing by.

That's funny, because I import a lot of XSEED stuff from VGP, and they usually ship way before the release date (some people's Trails copies shipped on last wednesday). Have you tried buying online there?
God Eater is gonna be physical, WOOOT. Do you have the source to this, this makes me really happy!

Spanish Bamco Facebook apparently

That's funny, because I import a lot of XSEED stuff from VGP, and they usually ship way before the release date (some people's Trails copies shipped on last wednesday). Have you tried buying online there?

Spanish Bamco Facebook apparently

Their store is literally 10mins away from where I live, and on my way to Uni ahaha. I may give them a call and ask if they still have any copies left to sell tomorrow.

Good stuff, super exciting. I'm obviously gonna be all over that. I sort of feel like I want to write the OP for it, even though I've never done it before.

RK128

Their store is literally 10mins away from where I live, and on my way to Uni ahaha. I may give them a call and ask if they still have any copies left to sell tomorrow.

Good stuff, super exciting. I'm obviously gonna be all over that. I sort of feel like I want to write the OP for it, even though I've never done it before.

Found this and that pushed me to state its getting retail support:

From Bandai Namco Spain:
Gundam: digital only
God Eater vita physical (and translated to Spanish)

making 2016 great for the console.

Yeah. 2015 was a bit of a dud for me - I enjoyed some stuff (Bastion, Geometry Wars 3, Lost Dimensions, Nep Rebirth 2 & 3, Steins;Gate) but compared to 2014 which knocked it out of the park, it was a letdown.

2016 is looking fab. For me:

- Aegis of Earth
- Assassin's Creed Chronicles
- Atelier Escha & Logy Plus
- Attractio
- Civ Rev 2 Plus
- Digimon Cyber Sleuth
- Drift Stage
- Drifter
- Energy Hook
- Gundam Extreme Vs. Force
- Neptune vs. Zombie Army
- Not a Hero
- Ray Gigant
- Severed
- Tales from the Borderlands
- Trillion God of Destruction
- World of Final Fantasy

That's only the stuff confirmed for the west for now. If NISA/XSEEd step up their game I'm going to be screwed :p

- Net High (XSEED)
- Nightwatch (NISA)
- Exist Archive (Atlus)

I would love all of this to be true. I'm iffy on Hero Must Die & Luminous Arc Infinity though.

VLiberty

Just got two PS4 games although I still don't own a PS4 lol. There's a good sale going on here where you can get 3 games for 25€, the overall selection is not that great, I got COD AW and AC4 for PS4, and AC Liberation for Vita.

Civilization didn't make the cut. As much as I'd love to include everything, I just don't have the time - haha. I tried to take a splattering from all over, including when I asked you guys not long ago what you were looking forward to (and what below the radar but awesome titles you await). ;)

As for the listed titles, I can confirm that Shadow Blade, forma.8, Energy Hook, and Poncho are still working towards release - though I'm not 100% on the others as I haven't heard anything recent personally.

That's great, thanks! But at the same time, it's a bit worrysome about Not a Hero, as IIRC you knew beforehand about Olliolli 2 so I suppose you'd be one of the first to know something about Roll7.

Massa

Played the demo for Not a Hero on PC and it killed my desire for the Vita port. The game was made to be played on a big screen, it would have to be redesigned to work on Vita I think.

redcrayon

Are we listing what Vita games we're looking forward to next year? :)

Stranger of Sword City
God Eater 2
Darkest Dungeon
Salt & Sanctuary
Hyper Light Drifter
Iconoclasts
Liege

There's quite a lot of great-looking games coming next year.

maouvin

Don't even remember all we're getting next year, but by now I'm looking forward to those:

- Assassin's Creed Chronicles;
- Digimon Cyber Sleuth;
- GE:R;
- GE2:RB;
- Hyper Light Drifter;
- Odin Sphere;
- Ray Gigant;
- Severed;
- Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero;
- Trillion God of Destruction.

Half of those are day 1/already backed, not sure for the rest.
Not listing Eitr, DR3 and VLR3 as I don't know their release dates (and for Eitr, if it'll indeed happen). Probably missing some more good stuff too.

And if the localization gods allow, I will Xanadu.

Top Bottom