• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | December 2015

I am resisting the urge to link to this post over at the steam thread :v

:p

TOTPR: Don't buy Vita games on steam instead of on the V if you own a Vita(you'll ruin it for us that don't care about PC gaming and are immune to the steam parasite ;)). Buy Banner Saga if it ever gets released for the Vita!

Speaking of Adult Swim, did they confirm that the announced V version of Rain World is still on the menu?

I looked in to this recently. Rain World and Rays the Dead devs confirmed Vita versions were still on.

Death's Gambit was not and still has not been announced for vita. Really hoping for it, but it seems unlikely.

Bowl0l

:p

TOTPR: Don't buy Vita games on steam instead of on the V if you own a Vita(you'll ruin it for us that don't care about PC gaming and are immune to the steam parasite ;)). Buy Banner Saga if it ever gets released for the Vita!
Just buy both. Games are still games no matter what the platform they are on. When everyone Vita breaks apart, Steam users can boot-up their game in a brand new PC. Meanwhile, Vita players have to pay premium price to either get a 2nd hand Vita/MMC because Sony decided to quit the handheld business or have to pay rental fees to play Vita games via PS Now..

Just buy both. Games are still games no matter what the platform they are on. When everyone Vita breaks apart, Steam users can boot-up their game in a brand new PC. Meanwhile, Vita players have to pay premium price to either get a 2nd hand Vita/MMC because Sony decided to quit the handheld business or have to pay rental fees to play Vita games via PS Now..

Frankly I don't care about keeping games forever and I don't think that I have ever bought a game twice. With that said, It's important to me to show my support to the developers that I like and I buy a lot of games.

There will always be new games for me to play so I don't find it interesting to replay games so from a personal view I wouldn't mind streaming games I only own by name, but I can also see that a service like that could lead to a canon only containing the good/popular games, with the less successful or more experimental ones being excluded.

And to say that games are still games no matter where you play them is, for me, untrue in this case. I prefer to play games on the Vita because it, unlike my phone, has physical buttons. As a handheld device it also make me feel more connected to the game that I'm playing and the suspend/resume function makes it very accessible even at shorter playing sessions.

Bowl0l

Frankly I don't care about keeping games forever and I don't think that I have ever bought a game twice. With that said, It's important to me to show my support to the developers that I like and I buy a lot of games.
You will regret not supporting developers moving to the PC. Everyone has a PC. Not everyone has a Vita.

Is it PC is killing the Vita time again

They can coexist. It's fine

More games for everyone. More money for publishers. Yaaay

That is not exactly what I said, I said that I think that if you own a Vita you should get the Vita version instead of the PC port of the game and I still stand by this
(but I'd like to add to my statement, that people are free do what ever they want with their own money).

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Will there be new games on sale today?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
DHL Canada finished processing my Cold Steel LE, if i understand correctly this means it's on the way home... Can't wait! I hope it doesn't take too many days to arrive!

About the PC-Vita debate, ps4 isn't immune either, yesterday were found the pc ratings for neptunia vii and arslan, they are just the last of a long series, more ps4 games will come to pc for sure, japanese developers just opened their eyes.

Sadly(?!) i don't think that some vita games coming to pc hurt vita that much, those who really wanted those games could have bought a vita, but no matter how many games will come vita will always be considered dead so many people won't even consider its purchase, also many pc gamers like graphics so they don't consider handhelds anyway.

I feel a little bad for the xb1 that isn't getting anything.

DHL Canada finished processing my Cold Steel LE, if i understand correctly this means it's on the way home... Can't wait! I hope it doesn't take too many days to arrive!

Same here \o/
I expect it after Christmas but before new year. Hopefully. My last order from VGP through DHL took ~1 week, but that wasn't during the holidays
I feel a little bad for the xb1 that isn't getting anything.

I think it's a good thing for the JP industry honestly. They don't have to put resources into a system that is dead in their home market but the #1 overseas. That's just a terrible situation.
PC is similar of course, but digital publishing on Steam is MUCH easier/less risky and PC is more like a nice bonus rather than a necessity like 360 was last gen.

Honestly, I don't mind the Vita games going to PC at all. I get the feeling these games would be much more difficult to bring across without that option as a back up.

Sure, it's nice having a library of exclusives to justify a console in list wars, but honestly, Vita has benefited just as much from PS3-end-of-life (i.e. stuff like Atelier getting ported across; games like Warriors going multi-plat) as PC has benefited from Vita games. And I love having this PS3 stuff on my Vita.

As long as I have the option to play these games on my favourite console, I don't really mind where else they go.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I think it's a good thing for the JP industry honestly. They don't have to put resources into a system that is dead in their home market but the #1 overseas. That's just a terrible situation.
PC is similar of course, but digital publishing on Steam is MUCH easier/less risky and PC is more like a nice bonus rather than a necessity like 360 was last gen.

Yeah but think about the future:
-xb1 isn't doing that well, i'm starting to wonder if there will be a successor, without japanese support sony will always be in advantage.
-nintendo is already shifting to mobile, if nx won't do well enough nintendo will go full mobile

basically there's a good chance that in a not so far future only sony will remain, but don't think that's good for the future of the industry because it means less competition, less visibility, games, quality and choice in general, if the traditional game industry will have a crisis(imo it's already in one) sony would be the only one to put all the money and efforts to save it.

RK128

Will there be new games on sale today?

Its Week 3 for the Winter Sale and it should have a lot of games on sale for strong prices.

Have a feeling this is when some of the Vita's heavy-hitters this year is going to be at great prices alongside some solid PS1/PSP titles joining them.

RK128

-xb1 isn't doing that well, i'm starting to wonder if there will be a successor, without japanese support sony will always be in advantage.
-nintendo is already shifting to mobile, if nx won't do well enough nintendo will go full mobile

basically there's a good chance that in a not so far future only sony will remain, but don't think that's good for the future of the industry because it means less competition, less visibility, games, quality and choice in general, if the traditional game industry will have a crisis(imo it's already in one) sony would be the only one to put all the money and efforts to save it.

That is a good point; the X1 is bombing in Japan and Nintendo is a big wild card right now as we have no idea if the NX will be a hit or not. Sony is the only one in a healthy spot right now, so the idea of them being the only one around in the future (not likely but still), is something to consider.

Japan publishers and developers making games on Vita and PC is a smart move regardless of all of that though; PC gives you the ability to play with pricing more, can release games faster and you have an untapped audience of gamers that will get your games.

Vita has a crazy attach rate games wise due to pricing; Vita games are honestly really cheap if you shop smart with PSN Sales or deals online, so many of us having 100-200+ libraries of games isn't a crazy idea at all. This is all for a 'dead' handheld that has 'no games' as well.

The Vita and PC are strong markets for Japan and hopefully they continue supporting both :).

Anyone else getting NP-2245-3 errors when trying to access the vita store? I can't purchase anything through the vita and can only purchase stuff through the website using vouchers. Seems quite spotty at the moment.

Kudo

You will regret not supporting developers moving to the PC. Everyone has a PC. Not everyone has a Vita.

Why'd anyone regret not supporting games on platform he'd never play them on?

Vita-PC ports are OK in my book, most of the games I bought on my Vita were imports anyway so it's unlikely we'll see them on PC so I dodged the buyers remorse.
I won't go my way to support anything I have no plans of playing, but I do hope they find their audience. And will pick up Ray Gigant if the leak is true, something to play on my beast..

FDC1

I have these errors too. Maybe DDOS Christmas attacks have begun?

Has anyone bought the new Montezuma game in Europe? Installation of the Vita version fails every time for me at 15% :(

Someone else has confirmed on the blog he has the exact same problem. Don't buy the game yet if you want to play it on Vita guys.

nampad

Consoles are dead in Japan so why would MS care about that market so much? The Japanese games might give Sony some free exclusives even in the west but Microsoft still sells enough consoles without them.

And it isn't impossible that those Japanese publishers won't come back to Microsoft if they want to get sales in the west.

Benedict

Can't decide if I should buy Talos and Galak-Z with my 20% discount or wait for better options on week 3 sales. Vita games is no options on my US account since that's tied to my EU account.

RK128

UMvC3 for vita is getting pricey.

Considering it was de-listed off of PSN, it would make sense that the price of the retail version would skyrocket :(.

Thankfully, I got the digital version on sale and have it & the DLC I bought for the game (MMX Costume Pack, Jill, Shuma-Gorath) backed up on my laptop. Still bites that people cannot get the game digitally anymore though :(.

One of the best fighters on Vita and it plays great on the console. Native res, 60FPS, visuals looking almost ripped directly from the PS3 build; very impressive port.

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but there's a ton of FF14 avatars for free in the US PSN store. It's in the new section.

RK128

I decided to get Metal Slug 3 and XEVIOUS 3D/G+ due to them being a good deal :).

Looking forward to playing two fun arcade-style games :D.

Ragnaros

Banned
Is anyone having trouble connecting to PSN on Vita? I've been trying to download Freedom Wars since last night and am getting constant errors. "The network is not responding in time" is the most frequent.

RK128

Heads up everyone :D!

This week got new sales and man are they great ones. Prices are the PS+ prices.
-Ar No Surge Plus: 19.99 (50% off)
-Citizens of Earth: 2.99
-Oreshika: 5.00
-Joe Danger 2: The Movie: 2.25

Really great deals and I finally got Ar No Surge Plus now :D! Been wanting to play this for a very long time and finally I can give this game a shot now :'). Very excited to dive into this game as, it was many people's top Vita game for a long while.

Who knows, the game might jump on my GOTY list if I get far enough in the game XD!

Copypaste from Week 2 thread:

I wanted to buy Danganronpa AE or Samurai Warriors 4 in this sale. I'd rather get DR:AE if I could, but that's not on sale. SW4 is on sale though. The thing is, I can only afford one of them. Do I risk passing on SW4 to see if DRAE goes on sale, GAF?

Ventara

Heads up everyone :D!

This week got new sales and man are they great ones. Prices are the PS+ prices.
-Ar No Surge Plus: 19.99 (50% off)
-Citizens of Earth: 2.99
-Oreshika: 5.00
-Joe Danger 2: The Movie: 2.25

Really great deals and I finally got Ar No Surge Plus now :D! Been wanting to play this for a very long time and finally I can give this game a shot now :'). Very excited to dive into this game as, it was many people's top Vita game for a long while.

Who knows, the game might jump on my GOTY list if I get far enough in the game XD!

Everyone should get Oreshika if they haven't. That's a great price. Think I'll pick up Citizen of Earth. I held off since I feel that it'd become a PS+ title, but $3 is low enough for me to not care even if it does.

RK128

Copypaste from Week 2 thread:

I wanted to buy Danganronpa AE or Samurai Warriors 4 in this sale. I'd rather get DR:AE if I could, but that's not on sale. SW4 is on sale though. The thing is, I can only afford one of them. Do I risk passing on SW4 to see if DRAE goes on sale, GAF?

I mean, the other Danganronpa games have went on sale in the past, but considering Another Episode is too new in may respects (came out in September), maybe it would be better to expect it going on sale at the start of next year or during one of Sony's Japan sales that happen in the spring sometimes.

Its worth getting full price without hesitation if you love the other DR games but if you can only afford one game, get the one you really want to get and don't settle.

RK128

Everyone should get Oreshika if they haven't. That's a great price. Think I'll pick up Citizen of Earth. I held off since I feel that it'd become a PS+ title, but $3 is low enough for me to not care even if it does.

Might replace Joe Danger 2 with something else that is part of sale but otherwise I'm getting Citizens of Earth and Oreshika for sure :D! The former being a Earthbound-esc RPG interests me while the latter should be a fun JRPG :).

Top Bottom