• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | December 2015

I mean, the other Danganronpa games have went on sale in the past, but considering Another Episode is too new in may respects (came out in September), maybe it would be better to expect it going on sale at the start of next year or during one of Sony's Japan sales that happen in the spring sometimes.

Its worth getting full price without hesitation if you love the other DR games but if you can only afford one game, get the one you really want to get and don't settle.

I wanted both games beforehand, wanted AE more though. That's why I'm in a dilemma. Is there any window of time when I'll be able to view Week 4's deals but be able to buy Week 3 deals? I'd easily jump on SW4 as soon as I confirm that DRAE isn't discounted in Week 4.

The thing is, I can only buy games by saving up allowance so spending $40 on a game I'm not certain I'll like (DR is my second favorite franchise after Zero Escape but watched a bit of an LP and it doesn't look all that good) is too huge a risk for me.

Currently considering to just hold off buying anything for now and buy DR:AE whenever it gets a sale.

RK128

Is anyone having trouble connecting to PSN on Vita? I've been trying to download Freedom Wars since last night and am getting constant errors. "The network is not responding in time" is the most frequent.

I've been having issues with PSN on my Vita all day today :l. Store wouldn't open or the download wouldn't happen no matter how many times I pressed 'download'. It still works, but the fact it is running so badly on Vita must be a sign of those DDOS guys acting up again.

Thankfully, its only mild issues, not the store being completely shut down or anything.

autoduelist

That is not exactly what I said, I said that I think that if you own a Vita you should get the Vita version instead of the PC port of the game and I still stand by this
(but I'd like to add to my statement, that people are free do what ever they want with their own money).

I own a ton of indies on steam that I rebuy on Vita, because i never play my Steam games but love to play on my vita.

that said, it doesn't concern me if year old games end up on Steam. Expands the base, and people will buy them wherever it makes sense for them.

I've learned buying steam games headed for vita is a mistake -- i'd rather pay a premium on, say, Darkest Dungeon on vita and actually play it than buy it on sale for Steam and never play it.

RK128

Hello everyone :D.

After looking over all the purchases I made since Week 2 of the winter sales, I got a lot of stuff XD!
-Rock Boshers DX
-Shadow Tower (PS1 Classic)
-Armored Core (PS1 Classic)
-TowerFall Ascension (Got if for free :D!)
-Brandish: The Dark Revenant
-Tetris Ultimate
-G+ (PS1 Classic)
-Metal Slug 3
-Ar No Surge Plus
-Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
-Citizens of Earth
-Minutes
-Flyhunter Origins

I got a lot of games and I can't wait to dive into all of them :D!

autoduelist

Infinifactory -- anyone tried it?

No, but i put tons of hours into their SpaceChem game and it was amazing. I also know Infinifactory is well loved, so I'd say if it looks interesting to you, grab it.

Speaking of feedback, can I get feedback on any of these:

Battle Hunter - PS3/PSP - $1.50
The Castle Game - PS4 - $5.99
Element4l - Vita $2.50
The Fall - PS4 $3.99
Giana Sisters: Dream Runners - $2.50
Infinity Runner - PS4 - $1.75
LA Cops - PS4 - $4.50
Pumped BMX+ - PS4/PS3/Vita - $4.99
Scram Kitty DX - PS4 (cross buy with vita) - $2.50
Shantae: Risky's Revenge Director's Cut - PS4 - $3.99
Super Mega Baseball - PS4/PS3 - $4.00
The Swindle - PS4/PS3/Vita - $7.49
We Are Doomed - PS4 - $2.50
Zotrix - PS4 - $9.89

I briefly looked at all of them, and am interested either because i like the genre [ie, The Castle Game], or they're particularly cheap [ie, Infinity Runner], or because they review well even if i'm totally unsure i'll like it [ie, Giana Sisters]

So really, positive or negative feedback on any of the above would be appreciated.

I'm leaning towards waiting for better sales on zotrix, pumped bmx, and the swindle just because i'm adverse to spending 5+ on games i'm not sure about. that said, zotrix looks amazing (intentionally old school arcade shmup with rpg elements). i guess the Castle Game falls into the 5+ range too, but it's a tower defense game where you build castles on the fly, which is hard for me to resist.

No, but i put tons of hours into their SpaceChem game and it was amazing. I also know Infinifactory is well loved, so I'd say if it looks interesting to you, grab it.

Element4l - Vita $2.50
The Fall - PS4 $3.99
LA Cops - PS4 - $4.50
Zotrix - PS4 - $9.89

I briefly looked at all of them, and am interested either because i like the genre [ie, The Castle Game], or they're particularly cheap [ie, Infinity Runner], or because they review well even if i'm totally unsure i'll like it [ie, Giana Sisters]

So really, positive or negative feedback on any of the above would be appreciated.

I'm leaning towards waiting for better sales on zotrix, pumped bmx, and the swindle just because i'm adverse to spending 5+ on games i'm not sure about. that said, zotrix looks amazing (intentionally old school arcade shmup with rpg elements). i guess the Castle Game falls into the 5+ range too, but it's a tower defense game where you build castles on the fly, which is hard for me to resist.

Sorry. Zotrix is terrible. Every mission is the same crap. The upgrade and mining systems are not worth navigating the terrible menus.

https://youtu.be/KX8Q2DSnFJQ

We Are Doomed and Infiniti Runner are garbage.

LA Cops and BMX+ are OK but not anywhere near the level of games they are clones of.

Scram Kitty was too hard to control to be fun.

Dream Runners is a pretty interesting auto runner with lots of content and that is a good price for it.

Super Mega Baseball is only the best arcade baseball game of all time. Get it.

KanameYuuki

Do any of you guys have PSABR updated to help me real quick with the Online match with a friend trophy? It's the only one I need to plat it.

It's so weird, we are already friends but I search for you on Invite players and I cannot find you. I'll restart my vita, are you able to send me an invite on your end?

I think this might be one of those games that suffers from a 100+ friends issue. I've reset my game and logged in, but can't see you either. :/

KanameYuuki

I think this might be one of those games that suffers from a 100+ friends issue. I've reset my game and logged in, but can't see you either. :/

Yeah, I was just about to post that, and I have 2XX oh god, I supposed it's time to delete people but I'll have to delete over 100. If you are not that busy give me just a few mins while I start a purge.

KanameYuuki

I'm not that busy, just let me know when you want to give it another shot. ^_^

Finally, I have no idea why do I have so many people on my friend list, I don't even play online at all haha, sending inv.

I deleted so many people, and even then it didn't work, I think all I had to do is sign out and back in on my vita lol.

Element4l - Vita $2.50
The Fall - PS4 $3.99
LA Cops - PS4 - $4.50
Zotrix - PS4 - $9.89

The swindle is one of the biggest surprises for me this year. The only thing is that the Vita version has pretty long load times.

Elementa4l is what I would describe as a really well done methodical platformer. It can feel slow in the beginning, but once it clicked I had a lot of fun.

The last game that I have something to say about is The Fall and the only thing I know about it is that it won giant bomb's story of the year last year.

redcrayon

Element4l - Vita $2.50
The Fall - PS4 $3.99
LA Cops - PS4 - $4.50
Zotrix - PS4 - $9.89

The Swindle is one of the best games of the year for me- it reminds me of Rogue Legacy in that while each attempt is randomly generated, you keep your upgrades when your thief dies. It's also really funny, with a cohesive theme that runs all the way through of a steampunk surveillance society. At the start, you are a thief with a jump and and pathetic club, looking to steal a few quid, but by the end you are reprogramming enemies to attack each other, remote-detonating explosives and hacking/bugging computers for huge amounts of cash, claiming the bonus for escaping without being spotted and with all the loot. You have a deadline of 100 days (each burglary is one day), but it isn't as harsh as it sounds- by the end you can buy extra days if you need them. My first campaign failed miserably, my second finished with 10 days remaining, and my third with forty days remaining.

It rewards careful play- it's not an action platformer, and your thief never gets any tougher, just harder to spot. If you like the idea of clambering around buildings looking for weak spots (there is no time limit in the levels), before making a plan, breaking a window, sneaking in and taking out everything, it's a very addictive game.

Clive

how is ys I&II chronicles for PSP? might get it while it's discounted.

I think it's solid but the combat takes a bit getting used to since the game lacks attack button and instead you hit enemies by bumping into them at an angle. Look up some gameplay on YouTube to see if combat looks too weird for you. I think it worked surprisingly well personally.

Meneses

Hello GAF, this is probably the wrong thread to ask this but here's the thing:

I'll be spending Xmas at my sister's house and they have a PS4. Can I use my own account on their console, download my games and play them there?

maouvin

Hello GAF, this is probably the wrong thread to ask this but here's the thing:

I'll be spending Xmas at my sister's house and they have a PS4. Can I use my own account on their console, download my games and play them there?

Yup, but you'll need to be online to run your games, or set their console as primary to do so offline.

Shinriji

how is ys I&II chronicles for PSP? might get it while it's discounted.

For me is the best version of 1 and 2 and my favourite Ys game. it is definitely old school, but not dated. If you want a different, more modern take on Ys, Ys Felghana is very good as well.

Man, was hoping for Rorona Plus or Corpse Party: Book of Shadows to go on sale. Will there be a week four of sales, does anyone know?

To my knowledge, there WILL be a fourth week. There are also rumors of a possible flash sale this weekend going around, so there should be a decent chance. At worst, some people mentioned there'll be a sale in January.

Unggg. Sony XDev Europe had an Until Dawn giveaway on Twitter a while back and I won a copy. Just arrived, and I'm so tempted to just say "fuck the world" and dig in (but I shouldn't).

0B2ECcx.jpg

---

Also, The Banner Saga's Vita port has been saved; https://twitter.com/giocorsi/status/679699961676566528

autoduelist

Man, was hoping for Rorona Plus or Corpse Party: Book of Shadows to go on sale. Will there be a week four of sales, does anyone know?

Yes, blog post at the beginning said 4 weeks of sales. We'll also likely get a flash sale too.

Sorry. Zotrix is terrible. Every mission is the same crap. The upgrade and mining systems are not worth navigating the terrible menus.

https://youtu.be/KX8Q2DSnFJQ

We Are Doomed and Infiniti Runner are garbage.

LA Cops and BMX+ are OK but not anywhere near the level of games they are clones of.

Scram Kitty was too hard to control to be fun.

Dream Runners is a pretty interesting auto runner with lots of content and that is a good price for it.

Super Mega Baseball is only the best arcade baseball game of all time. Get it.

Thanks for the feedback, although i know our tastes don't always line up it does help.

super mega baseball is a buy then. And I'll skip Bmx for now. I'll skip infinity runner too, even though i do like endless runners.

Zotrix and We are doomed get solid reviews on Steam and they're both right up my alley. I think I might be able to appreciate them more than you. Though Zotrix is a bit expensive so I'll probably wait for a sale on that, and just get We are Doomed for 2.50.

Scram Kitty gets really solid reviews too... but I was also not sure about the controls after watching, so I'm concerned I'll agree with you... but that didn't seem to put off most reviewers [several pro reviewers seemed to have it very high up in their favorite games lists].

I didn't realize dream runners was an auto-runner. hrm. might skip it then, but that too gets great reviews. Really unsure about that and Shantae. Also really torn on LA Cops.

The swindle is one of the biggest surprises for me this year. The only thing is that the Vita version has pretty long load times.

Elementa4l is what I would describe as a really well done methodical platformer. It can feel slow in the beginning, but once it clicked I had a lot of fun.

The last game that I have something to say about is The Fall and the only thing I know about it is that it won giant bomb's story of the year last year.

All of these games look like solid games that are 'off-genre' for me... so I want to get them because they might be good, even if i'm not sure i'll enjoy them.

The Swindle is one of the best games of the year for me- it reminds me of Rogue Legacy in that while each attempt is randomly generated, you keep your upgrades when your thief dies.

ack, that actually puts me off. I don't like permanent progression in my roguelikes. I'm also not the biggest fan of stealth games, though i did watch vid of it and it looks fun. I guess i can wait for a deeper discount before i pull the trigger.

Thanks everyone for your impressions, it has helped me narrow my list. My list is still too big, but it's not enormous anymore at least.

To my knowledge, there WILL be a fourth week. There are also rumors of a possible flash sale this weekend going around, so there should be a decent chance. At worst, some people mentioned there'll be a sale in January.

Yes, blog post at the beginning said 4 weeks of sales. We'll also likely get a flash sale too.

Thanks! Hopefully the games I want will go on sale then. Strongly considering Oreshika, though. Will probably wait until after Christmas to bite, though, since I may get a PSN gift card or two.

PSA: If you want Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star, on PSN, be sure to buy it on your platform of preference for playing - cross-buy isn't working and might not be fixed for over two weeks.

Its here guys, finally after 1 year of waiting I can finally play the Vita's amazing catalog.
So my first game is def P4G, what should I play next?
Am I missing any other gems?
Add me to PSN if you like :D same ID as GAF.

Its here guys, finally after 1 year of waiting I can finally play the Vita's amazing catalog.

I want that blue one so bad! It looks like you amassed an awesome collection of games so far, tons of hours of fun to be had!

I really like SuperBeat: Xonic, been playing that for hours and hours. So if you like rhythm games, def give it shot! Wipeout 2048 for racing, Odin Sphere when it releases in April, Little Big Planet Vita, and holy shit, many psp games to be had as well!

deadfolk

What's the game at the bottom of the pile? If it's not Steins;Gate, that would be my recommendation for a missing classic - although I'm not too far into it myself, it's already my Vita GOTY.

After P4G (which is as amazing as its rep), I would recommend something more action-based. Maybe Muramasa or Dragon's Crown.

Btw - have you played 999? It's highly advisable before Virtue's Last Reward. Both are among my all-time faves and the third game in the trilogy has finally been announced.

That's a great stash you have there. There are only a couple there I haven't played, and they are all really good games.

I want that blue one so bad! It looks like you amassed an awesome collection of games so far, tons of hours of fun to be had!

I really like SuperBeat: Xonic, been playing that for hours and hours. So if you like rhythm games, def give it shot! Wipeout 2048 for racing, Odin Sphere when it releases in April, Little Big Planet Vita, and holy shit, many psp games to be had as well!

Yeah when I saw the blue model I had to have it!

What's the game at the bottom of the pile? If it's not Steins;Gate, that would be my recommendation for a missing classic - although I'm not too far into it myself, it's already my Vita GOTY.

After P4G (which is as amazing as its rep), I would recommend something more action-based. Maybe Muramasa or Dragon's Crown.

Btw - have you played 999? It's highly advisable before Virtue's Last Reward. Both are among my all-time faves and the third game in the trilogy has finally been announced.

Its HtoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary and yeah I know I'm missing Stiens;Gate but I'm waiting for it to go down to 30 :(

I have played 999, got all the endings as recommended by VitaGAF before playing VLR. Can not wait to get my mind blown again!

deadfolk

Yeah when I saw the blue model I had to have it!

Its HtoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary and yeah I know I'm missing Stiens;Gate but I'm waiting for it to go down to 30 :(

I have played 999, got all the endings as recommended by VitaGAF before playing VLR. Can not wait to get my mind blown again!

You are in for a real treat. VLR was my first (and currently only) plat.

maouvin

Welcome to VitaGAF!

You already have a great library right there, but I see you lack rhythm, action hunting and shooting games, so if they are of your fancy I'd recommend you to check on Taiko V / Superbeat Xonic, Soul Sacrifice Delta / Toukiden Kiwami (or wait for the God Eaters) and Super Stardust Delta / Geometry Wars.

Also, go fetch some themes on PSN, or some wallpapers on this nifty thread.

And enjoy your super beautilful blue Vita
I'm so so jelly right now. Hope to get one of those next year.

RK128

Saw the footage of the game in the link and it really looks like its blending real-time combat systems from Lost Song but with the in-depth skill systems from Hollow Fragment. Having a party of four (one playable) is great and hopefully the story will be strong as Lost Song showed me they can do a solid job with storytelling with proper translation.

Now we have a clear idea on Bamco's release line up and I can expected Bamco's releases to be like this:
-Digimon Cyber Sleuth: Feb. 2016
-God Eater Resurrection: March/April 2016
-Naruto Ninja Storm PS4: May 2016
-Ray Giant: June 2016
-Gundam Vs.: July 2016
-One Piece Burning Blood: June/July 2016
-God Eater 2: Rage Burst: July/August 2016
-Sword Art Online Hollow Realization: Sept./Oct. 2016
-Tales PS4: November 2016

Top Bottom