• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | December 2015

RK128

Its here guys, finally after 1 year of waiting I can finally play the Vita's amazing catalog.

So my first game is def P4G, what should I play next?
Am I missing any other gems?
Add me to PSN if you like :D same ID as GAF.

Welcome to PSN man :D!

Hope you love your Vita and if you want any recommendations, feel free to ask :).

You likely spent a lot already but if you have a NA PSN account and are willing to spend 20+ bucks, check out Ar No Surge Plus.

It is a great game with a lot of strong elements; a story that is very strong, combat system that is really fun and I wish more JRPG's use, and a lot of content to suck yourself into. You will need to read this to understand everything but otherwise, check the game out :D.

Top of the Page: Wow, got to the top of the page for the first time in a while :D.

Everyone get Ar No Surge Plus and read this to catch up with the games story :).

Its here guys, finally after 1 year of waiting I can finally play the Vita's amazing catalog.

Congrats on your new acquisition! As stated, you're missing SUPERBEAT: XONiC if you're into rhythm games for sure...

and I don't see Hot Shots Golf: World invitational anywhere.... you'll have to remedy that*

That's frickin' blasphemy.

There really are a lot of gems in the Vita's library though, if we listed them all you'd be in debt up to your ears.

pbayne

Hey guys didn't know where to ask this but im from the uk and i recently picked up a German ps4. Should it work fine with a plug adapter?

Hey guys didn't know where to ask this but im from the uk and i recently picked up a German ps4. Should it work fine with a plug adapter?

I don't know the specifics of German and UK power systems, but there's always a way to get it to work.

• If the voltage is different you'd need a voltage converting plug adapter, and I assume the plug socket itself is different so it'd have to have that as well (more expensive option).
  • If the voltage is the same however, it'd be a straight plug socket adapter - no voltage conversion (these are cheaper).

pbayne

I don't know the specifics of German and UK power systems, but there's always a way to get it to work.

• If the voltage is different you'd need a voltage converting plug adapter, and I assume the plug socket itself is different so it'd have to have that as well (more expensive option).
  • If the voltage is the same however, it'd be a straight plug socket adapter - no voltage conversion (these are cheaper).

Shit stuff like this always makes me nervous.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DMCQ3R2/

Can I just buy a uk power lead like the one above? Seems like a simplier solution.

pbayne

Thanks for the responses.

Sure ill give the different power cable a go, its only £4 and even if it dosen't work its not gonna blow up or something right?
Fingers crossed, jesus im bad with technology.

JJP12

Man that is one sexy Vita! Sometime next year I'd love to pick up that blue Vita or the Slime Vita that came out in Japan.

P4G was the first Vita game I played but I never actually finished it. I'd definitely recommend a game with a bit more action when you're finished with P4G. Muramasa Rebirth is a gorgeous side scrolling game that has surprisingly fun combat. Definitely give that a try.

You certainly don't need any more games right now lol but Toukiden Kiwami is currently on sale. Its one of the best looking Vita games and imo, one of the most fun Vita games to play. It's sort of a more casual monster hunter. Fight gigantic monsters, destroy body parts, use those body parts to build better weapon/armors, rinse and repeat. I found the story pretty good for a hunting game as well.

Part of being a Vita owner is amassing a large backlog of games that you'll never have time to actually play and it seems like you've already begun. No reason to stop now lol

Powwa

After finishing Soul Sacrifice 2 years ago, I stared Delta recently. What an amazing improvement over the first one. Much more content, better graphics and tons of new stories. I don't know if you guys agree but Soul Sacrifice has one hell of a lore and I think it's one of the best stories out there.

It's disappointing that we will never get Soul Sacrifice 2 on Vita. Maybe they will consider it for PS4 but this game just feels right on the handheld.

Saphirax

After finishing Soul Sacrifice 2 years ago, I stared Delta recently. What an amazing improvement over the first one. Much more content, better graphics and tons of new stories. I don't know if you guys agree but Soul Sacrifice has one hell of a lore and I think it's one of the best stories out there.

It's disappointing that we will never get Soul Sacrifice 2 on Vita. Maybe they will consider it for PS4 but this game just feels right on the handheld.

I love SSD! It's a shame we'll probably never see SS2 come out :(. I enjoyed the story focus, grim (ha!) aesthetics and the amount of builds you could have.

18-Volt

Saw the footage of the game in the link and it really looks like its blending real-time combat systems from Lost Song but with the in-depth skill systems from Hollow Fragment. Having a party of four (one playable) is great and hopefully the story will be strong as Lost Song showed me they can do a solid job with storytelling with proper translation.

Now we have a clear idea on Bamco's release line up and I can expected Bamco's releases to be like this:
-Digimon Cyber Sleuth: Feb. 2016
-God Eater Resurrection: March/April 2016
-Naruto Ninja Storm PS4: May 2016
-Ray Giant: June 2016
-Gundam Vs.: July 2016
-One Piece Burning Blood: June/July 2016
-God Eater 2: Rage Burst: July/August 2016
-Sword Art Online Hollow Realization: Sept./Oct. 2016
-Tales PS4: November 2016

There are also Project X Zone 2, Dark Souls 3, Ace Combat 8 and Tekken 7 if you're counting for all platforms. And yes, Namco is the most awesome publisher of 2016.

NewDust

Anybody able to get in the store from their Vita? Have restarted, flight mode... Nothing. Can dl savegames and sign in though.

Ekai

Hi guys. I have a question and if this is the wrong place, please let me know. I don't own any current PS system, just the PSP. And I'm running into some troubles. I just want to be able to purchase and dl onto my psp Persona 2: Eternal Punishment. However, my PSP is unable to recognize my wpa-2 router so I can't connect online. I've tried numerous solutions that people claim make the psp be able to connect to wpa-2 and none have worked, including manual entry of my dns's, ip addresses, etc. etc. I don't want to compromise my connection by switching to WPA so. : / Unless I'm somehow entering the wrong information I'm out of luck in being able to get my psp to connect at all to the internet.

If I were to purchase it from the Playstation Store on my pc, can I transfer it to my memory stick via my PC and be good to go?

Xenoflare

Hi guys. I have a question and if this is the wrong place, please let me know. I don't own any current PS system, just the PSP. And I'm running into some troubles. I just want to be able to purchase and dl onto my psp Persona 2: Eternal Punishment. However, my PSP is unable to recognize my wpa-2 router so I can't connect online. I've tried numerous solutions that people claim make the psp be able to connect to wpa-2 and none have worked, including manual entry of my dns's, ip addresses, etc. etc. I don't want to compromise my connection by switching to WPA so. : / Unless I'm somehow entering the wrong information I'm out of luck in being able to get my psp to connect at all to the internet.

If I were to purchase it from the Playstation Store on my pc, can I transfer it to my memory stick via my PC and be good to go?

I don't think you can ever download from psn to your pc

You have to assign a current PS platform for it to download to

Ekai

I don't think you can ever download from psn to your pc

You have to assign a current PS platform for it to download to

Okay. I really have never used the Playstation Network much before, never liked my initial experiences with it so (I'm aware that's not a good judgment of the Network and it's probably more of a hardware thing with the PSP than anything else)....just trying to get a single game. < _ >
So I'm basically SOL unless I spend loads of money buying a PS TV (Really, I just want P2:EP. I have been tempted by a PS TV before for that and other games but I really don't want to be spending loads of money when I just want the one thing for now) or somehow get my PSP to connect to the internet?

Xenoflare

Okay. I really have never used the Playstation Network much before, never liked my initial experiences with it so (I'm aware that's not a good judgment of the Network and it's probably more of a hardware thing with the PSP than anything else)....just trying to get a single game. < _ >
So I'm basically SOL unless I spend loads of money buying a PS TV (Really, I just want P2:EP. I have been tempted by a PS TV before for that and other games but I really don't want to be spending loads of money when I just want the one thing for now) or somehow get my PSP to connect to the internet?

Unfortunately yes, and Sony discontinued PSN support for the PSP so you have to make your purchase on your pc first before you can download it to your PSP since PSP can only redownload purchased content

RK128

There are also Project X Zone 2, Dark Souls 3, Ace Combat 8 and Tekken 7 if you're counting for all platforms. And yes, Namco is the most awesome publisher of 2016.

That is a good point :D. Will edit my list with those titles then :).

-Digimon Cyber Sleuth: Feb. 2016
-God Eater Resurrection: March/April 2016
-Naruto Ninja Storm PS4: May 2016
-Ace Combat 8: May 2016
-Ray Giant: June 2016
-Dark Souls 3: June 2016
-One Piece Burning Blood: June 2016
-Gundam Vs.: July 2016
-Tekken 7: July 2016
-God Eater 2: Rage Burst: August 2016
-Sword Art Online Hollow Realization: Sept./Oct. 2016
-Tales PS4: November 2016

If anyone's looking for something to do this holiday, I've got a recently released Vita-compatible PSP RPG that needs a guest reviewer (might be going in the magazine). PM me if you're interested, with a couple words on why I should pick you. ^_^

Also, I'm leaning further towards making a 5th video after today. Who knew there'd be so much announced this week? Crazy shit.

RK128

If anyone's looking for something to do this holiday, I've got a recently released Vita-compatible PSP RPG that needs a guest reviewer (might be going in the magazine). PM me if you're interested, with a couple words on why I should pick you. ^_^

Also, I'm leaning further towards making a 5th video after today. Who knew there'd be so much announced this week? Crazy shit.

Sent you a PM about the review and would be happy to help :).

And this week is crazy for Vita announcements XD! Bamco is really pulling through for the console and I can't wait for the God Eater games, Gundam Vs., One Piece and SAO: HR to release :D.

Is there a reason you can't change your security settings, download the game, then change them back? Your security would be compromised for, what, an hour or two? It's not like the PSP has to be continuously connected to play the game.

Etria

I was wondering if anyone else who ordered Trails of Cold Steel from VGP has no tracking information (got the tracking number but DHL is not showing any details). It's been around two days since they shipped it out.

Xenoflare

I've had two friends that haven't been able to login and access the PSN Store through their Vitas. I think it's a widespread issue at this point.

I'm downloading it now but the whole process was very buggy. I had at least 3 "service unavailable due to maintenance" errors during the process

RK128

Anyone having problems accesing the Vita store trying to download trail of cold but I can't.

I've been having issues like that for the past two days; got downloads to work but it too many tries to get the download started.

I'm assuming their is a lot of traffic on PSN (in all regions) for the holidays and that is causing the issues.

:p

TOTPR: Don't buy Vita games on steam instead of on the V if you own a Vita(you'll ruin it for us that don't care about PC gaming and are immune to the steam parasite ;)). Buy Banner Saga if it ever gets released for the Vita!

Late but what a shitty TOTPR. "Help us!". A few posts later: "I don't care about preserving games". Yeah, right.

On topic, I really want to know how people are saying that the PS4 version of Arkham Knight is "the best one". Beautiful, sure, but shitty framerate when I ram the Batmobile into a pile of cars/debris/stuff.

LMN

Quick question, is it possible to use screen protector for original Vita on Vita slim screen? Since I got an extra one and don't wanna buy a new screen protector.

Xenoflare

Quick question, is it possible to use screen protector for original Vita on Vita slim screen? Since I got an extra one and don't wanna buy a new screen protector.

Yes, you need to be very careful (I mean VERY) because the punch outs of the screen protector are for OG only and you basically have to apply the actual protector based on your measurement by eye.

My current protecter is actually a phablet protector with the top part chopped off. It actually protects the whole screen

LMN

Yes, you need to be very careful (I mean VERY) because the punch outs of the screen protector are for OG only and you basically have to apply the actual protector based on your measurement by eye.

My current protecter is actually a phablet protector with the top part chopped off. It actually protects the whole screen

I see, thank for the info. I will keep that in mind.

So does Amazon usually do this around the holidays with select games, where they keep dropping them several cents an hour for days or weeks on end? Keep checking on the Vita games and noticing the price won't stay still for many of them.

Thanks for the recommendations guys! So now I also have a PS4 through my brother, Christmas came early!

I'm looking into buying Bloodborne The Old Hunters Edtion from PlayAsia but I have lots of questions that I can't find answers to online, does anybody have this version?
Does it come with English Dub and English item description (English Subs basically)? And does this version have the DLC included on the disc, in other words, not a download code?

autoduelist

I wouldn't think changing your connection to WPA for amount of time it takes to download a single game is particularly risky. Just change it back afterwords.

Late but what a shitty TOTPR. "Help us!". A few posts later: "I don't care about preserving games". Yeah, right.

On topic, I really want to know how people are saying that the PS4 version of Arkham Knight is "the best one". Beautiful, sure, but shitty framerate when I ram the Batmobile into a pile of cars/debris/stuff.

Wasn't it unplayable on PC for a long time, if that is the case, then it only has to run better than on X1?

I expected it (AK) to be much better, rock solid 30fps and great graphics, to justify the hype that I heard about Rocksteady being "amazing", "wizards" if I recall one Digital Foundry article.

Still, one of the prettiest games available on consoles, just not what I expected.

Massa

I expected it (AK) to be much better, rock solid 30fps and great graphics, to justify the hype that I heard about Rocksteady being "amazing", "wizards" if I recall one Digital Foundry article.

Still, one of the prettiest games available on consoles, just not what I expected.

I wasn't impressed with the graphics either, and it didn't help that the game itself is pretty bad.

New EU PSN sale is gooood. For example:

Shovel Knight 10&#8364;
Danganronpa AE 20&#8364;
P4DAN 25&#8364;
SK Shinovi Versus 12&#8364;
Steins;Gate 15&#8364;
Corpse Party BD 28,50&#8364;
Norn9 25&#8364;
Code Realize 25&#8364;

PS4:
Astebreed 7&#8364;
N++ 12&#8364;
Omega Quintet 20&#8364;

Merry Christmas :)

I want to get Shovel Knight but its the prototypical free Plus game, same goes for Axiom Verge.

Shovel Knight is worth any and all of your money. I was only waiting for a drop because I already own it on Steam. It's one of the few indies that got a retail release and I think that will at least delay the PS+ inclusion a bit, but you never know of course.

VLiberty

I want to get Shovel Knight but its the prototypical free Plus game, same goes for Axiom Verge.

On the contrary, I'd hardly see either of those end up on PS+ anytime soon. I'd like to be disproven though :p

Lack of AC4 in the sale (while most of the others eligible PS+ retail games are) is worrying. I've just got it despite not having a PS4 yet, it was in a great 3 games for 19€ sale. I seriously hope it's not coming this month...

Oh, Bioshock is 3€ again. I own 2 and Infinite through plus and I haven't played them yet so I'm not sure that getting another game would be a good idea, considering that I don't even know if I'm gonna like it. Can I start with 2 or Infinite?

quabba

I can't find a post to back this up but apparently the Axiom Verge dev said he won't discount the game in the first 6 months of release and will never put the game up as a free Plus game. Of course he can always change his mind I guess.

Top Bottom