• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | December 2015

RK128

New EU PSN sale is gooood. For example:

Shovel Knight 10€
Danganronpa AE 20€
P4DAN 25€
SK Shinovi Versus 12€
Steins;Gate 15€
Corpse Party BD 28,50€
Norn9 25€
Code Realize 25€

PS4:
Astebreed 7€
N++ 12€
Omega Quintet 20€

Merry Christmas :)

That is a great sale for EU PSN users :D!

Dangronpa AE, SK Shinovi Verses, Steins;Gate, Corpse Party, and P4:DAN are all either recent games or games that don't go on sale often.

Considering the sale is listed as a January Sale, I'm positive that a few of these will land on NA PSN during a future sale next month :).

Sony tends to do a great job with their kick-off the year sales (remember getting KZ Mercenary for 7 bucks and Epic Mickey 2 for 8 here :))

RK128

Merry Christmas to everyone here!

Merry Christmas to you too names :D!

This has been another great year for Vita Gaf and I want to thank you guys for letting me be part of this great community for another year :').

So many great memories happened here this year and it was great to share them all with you. From the Anime Expo announcing localization for Digimon and announcing Zero Escape 3, too just two days ago with Bamco announcing FIVE games they are localizing for the Vita (and two of them are God Eater!); some great times happened.

I would be lying if I said nothing pissed me off this year, as a number of things bothered me :l.
-Gravity Rush 2 coming to PS4 and not PS Vita
-Tearaway Unfolded bombing harder on PS4 then it did with its original Vita release
-Feeling mixed on FFVII Remake selling in parts but need to see more of the game before making judgement on this
-Being banned on Gaf for two weeks

But still, I had a great year here :).

Hopefully 2016 is another amazing year for the Vita :D!

I'd say my highlight was hands down, the God Eater announcements. But this year was choke full of great surprises and reveals, so saying that was the only good thing that happened to me would be underselling this year. In terms of releases, it was underwhelming I think. Next year however is looking like one of the greatest gaming years in a long while. It's a great time to be not only a Vita gamer, but a gamer in general.

RK128

I'd say my highlight was hands down, the God Eater announcements. But this year was choke full of great surprises and reveals, so saying that was the only good thing that happened to me would be underselling this year. In terms of releases, it was underwhelming I think. Next year however is looking like one of the greatest gaming years in a long while. It's a great time to be not only a Vita gamer, but a gamer in general.

I completely agree with you Names, I have so much to get next year across Vita and PS4 :D.

PS Vita:
-Digimon Cyber Sleuth
-God Eater 1 and 2
-Gundam Vs.
-Neptuina ReBirth 3
-Neptuina Action Unleashed
-SK: EV and SV
-Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2
-Dangronmpa series
-Axiom Verge
-Shante: Half Genie Hero

PS4:
-Uncharted 4
-Horizon Zero Dawn (if it is a 2016 game)
-FFXV
-KH2.8
-Nier 2
-Ratchet & Clank
-Persona 5
-Infamous Second Son
-ACIV: Black Flag
-Tearaway Unfolded
-Yooka-Laylee
-Mighty No. 9

I'm missing a few bigger releases and throwing in games from past years but I have a lot to catch up on with the PS4 mainly :D.

RK128

Just a heads up to NA and EU PSN users; Idea Factory is having a Flash Sale starting today in both regions, with the prices not live yet but I can imagine they will be quite cheap XD!

NA:
-Neptuina: Action Unleashed - 10$
-Neptuina: ReBirth 3 - 10$
-Amnesia - 10-15$

EU:
-Noire: Goddess Black Heart
-Omega Quatrent

L.O.R.D

Just a heads up to NA and EU PSN users; Idea Factory is having a Flash Sale starting today in both regions, with the prices not live yet but I can imagine they will be quite cheap XD!

NA:
-Neptuina: Action Unleashed
-Neptuina: ReBirth 3
-Amnesia

i can't see anything
only the normal meh holiday sale week 3

Saphirax

2016 is going to be amazing; so many good games for the Vita and Ps4. Now the only thing that could ruin 2016 would be if most of the games turned out to be disappointing :p.

The best part though? There's plenty of time for even more announcements!

yaffi

NA:
-Neptunia: Action Unleashed
-Neptunia: ReBirth 3
-Amnesia

EU:
-Noire: Goddess Black Heart
-Omega Quintet

Sorry, and Merry Christmas!

Powwa

2016 is going to be amazing; so many good games for the Vita and Ps4. Now the only thing that could ruin 2016 would be if most of the games turned out to be disappointing :p.

The best part though? There's plenty of time for even more announcements!

I agree so many great announcements, it's shaping up to be the best year of Vita for me. Now if they only announce a few more games *cough* Tokyo Xanadu *cough*.

Xieldos

T'was the night before Christmas, and my Vita stopped working :-(

Thankfully though I think the charger is just broken and the battery is dead. Pretty bummed though, as I wanted a few games from the EU sale today.

My copy of Civ Rev 2 arrived just in time for some Christmas gaming. Played about 3 hours so far and really enjoyed it, was exactly what I was hoping for.

Powwa

My copy of Civ Rev 2 arrived just in time for some Christmas gaming. Played about 3 hours so far and really enjoyed it, was exactly what I was hoping for.

How's the performance? I haven't played IOS version so is there a big difference between the first game and this one?

How's the performance? I haven't played IOS version so is there a big difference between the first game and this one?

I haven't noticed any problems with performance. Load times are slightly long but nothing unbearable, otherwise it ran fine - though I haven't gotten to the point where the map is full to the brim with units, though I did get up to about 5 Civilizations on the same map and there was nothing wrong.

It runs on Unity apparently, which I didn't know.

I just noticed on the EU PSN Store.

It has become more difficult to find PSone and PS2 Classic titles. No more categories for those titles

Is Sony preparing something (bad?)?

Powwa

I haven't noticed any problems with performance. Load times are slightly long but nothing unbearable, otherwise it ran fine - though I haven't gotten to the point where the map is full to the brim with units, though I did get up to about 5 Civilizations on the same map and there was nothing wrong.

It runs on Unity apparently, which I didn't know.

Thanks for the impressions! I love Civilization (still playing V) I'll consider this one, though I've still a lot of backlog.

Thanks for the impressions! I love Civilization (still playing V) I'll consider this one, though I've still a lot of backlog.

It's very simplistic compared to something like Civ 5, keep that in mind.

But still, it's portable Civ and it works really well. I actually feel this is kind of a perfect handheld game - you can just chip away at bits of a match whenever you like and then just save and turn off.

Powwa

It's very simplistic compared to something like Civ 5, keep that in mind.

But still, it's portable Civ and it works really well. I actually feel this is kind of a perfect handheld game - you can just chip away at bits of a match whenever you like and then just save and turn off.

Oh I'm aware it's simplistic, Revolution was already a lot simpler than the main series, but I think this one even removed some features from the first game right?

Oh I'm aware it's simplistic, Revolution was already a lot simpler than the main series, but I think this one even removed some features from the first game right?

I haven't played Civ Rev since it came out in like... 2008? So I can't really remember haha! What features have you heard were removed, I can check now if you like?

Powwa

I haven't played Civ Rev since it came out in like... 2008? So I can't really remember haha! What features have you heard were removed, I can check now if you like?

Oh I can't remember what it was exactly, I just read in a review that there were some features removed. Maybe it's just my imagination, lol. If you encounter something missing or different while playing feel free to share as I'm really on the fence about this game.

pariah164

From the last remnants of my budget...

0VmUob1.jpg
Merry Christmas to me.

igor

So... my 8gb vita card failed and lost ALL of the saves for my physical vita games collection. Apparently it could have been potentially easily resolved by rebuilding the base but I accidentally restored the system most likely without any hope getting these hours back.

And yet I got 64gb card for christmas. Will someone make my day and post an appropriate GIF? :3

pariah164

So... my 8gb vita card failed and lost ALL of the saves for my physical vita games collection. Apparently it could have been potentially easily resolved by rebuilding the base but I accidentally restored the system most likely without any hope getting these hours back.

And yet I got 64gb card for christmas. Will someone make my day and post an appropriate GIF? :3
I got you fam.

3YYaYjc.gif

Sorry you lost your saves. :(

pariah164

Great selection :D! Getting two great JRPG's for cheap prices and some DLC for the games is a smart way to treat ones self for the holidays :).

Have a happy holiday Pariah :D!
Same to you, buddy.

There would be more on that list, but I forgot I downloaded most of the NepReb 3 DLC when it launched.

RK128

Same to you, buddy.

There would be more on that list, but I forgot I downloaded most of the NepReb 3 DLC when it launched.

If I remember correctly, a lot of the DLC for Rebirth 3 was free at launch. I forgot who gave me the heads up on that but because of them, I 'bought' all the free DLC whenever I got Rebirth 3 :).

Still, most of it should be free still (like the JP VA), so why not check PSN again and see if more of its DLC is free :D?

Regardless, glad you got ReBirth 3 and I hope you love it :D! It fixes the issues ReBirth 1 had and it takes the cast many loved from ReBirth 1 but does a lot more with them. Plutia is amazing as a character and I'm not going to ruin it for you :'). Watched some of the cut-scenes online and I was laughing really hard during some of her scenes.

pariah164

If I remember correctly, a lot of the DLC for Rebirth 3 was free at launch. I forgot who gave me the heads up on that but because of them, I 'bought' all the free DLC whenever I got Rebirth 3 :).

Still, most of it should be free still (like the JP VA), so why not check PSN again and see if more of its DLC is free :D?

Regardless, glad you got ReBirth 3 and I hope you love it :D! It fixes the issues ReBirth 1 had and it takes the cast many loved from ReBirth 1 but does a lot more with them. Plutia is amazing as a character and I'm not going to ruin it for you :'). Watched some of the cut-scenes online and I was laughing really hard during some of her scenes.
I'm sure I will; just have to finish NepReb 2.

RK128

I'm sure I will; just have to finish NepReb 2.

It isn't a hard game to beat :).

It took me 18+ hours to get the basic ending (not going out of my way for the other ones.....), so it really isn't that long of a JRPG if you only want to get one ending :). The other endings though? They take a lot of work :(.

igor

I got you fam.

3YYaYjc.gif

Sorry you lost your saves. :(

Awww :) Thanks!!

Merry Xmas everyone!

Yeah as for saves, I will probably have to sell some of the games I own, I actually can't afford to invest time into them again sadly. I am most annoyed about games like Persona 4, Ys or FFX which I invested a lot of into having FF and P4 finished on PS2 before already :( Which is annoying because I got the 64gb card so I can have all my games in one place. Oh well, got Persona 4 Dancing all night to compensate for this loss.

RK128

Merry Christmas GAF, and Happy Holidays if you're celebrating something else. ^_^

In light of requests, the holiday season, and the influx of subscribers we've seen lately, here's a Christmas gift from me to all of you; a bonus 2016 preview video.

Check out part 5 of 4;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCrZM-INlHo

Great video :D! The fact you made over 25+ minutes worth of content covering upcoming Vita releases shows now only how much is coming to the Vita, but also shows how the gaming community cares about the platform.

We are doing Sony's job in many ways, so the system's library is getting more known to people over time XD!

Keep up the great work and I hope you have a great holiday :D!

Top Bottom