• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | December 2015

RK128

Merry Christmas everyone and I hope you all have a wonderful holiday :D!

Top of the Page: While sales are still active, get a lot of great Vita, PS4 and PS3 games on the NA and EU PSN Sales going on this week :D!

Christian

VitaGAF! The waifu surprised me with the white Vita 2000 that I've been lusting after for a while! I need screen protector and case recommendations! I'd like to get a soft sleeve case like the PSP came with, just something you can slide the unit into from the side. Did Sony produce anything like that?

Benedict

Awww :) Thanks!!

Merry Xmas everyone!

Yeah as for saves, I will probably have to sell some of the games I own, I actually can't afford to invest time into them again sadly. I am most annoyed about games like Persona 4, Ys or FFX which I invested a lot of into having FF and P4 finished on PS2 before already :( Which is annoying because I got the 64gb card so I can have all my games in one place. Oh well, got Persona 4 Dancing all night to compensate for this loss.

You didn't have cloud save activated (PS+?)

kevin1025

Banned
Merry Christmas everyone and I hope you all have a wonderful holiday :D!

Top of the Page: While sales are still active, get a lot of great Vita, PS4 and PS3 games on the NA and EU PSN Sales going on this week :D!

Merry Christmas!

I have Dancing All Night, Pocket RPG and Oreshika to end the year off with on Vita!

batrush

VitaGAF! The waifu surprised me with the white Vita 2000 that I've been lusting after for a while! I need screen protector and case recommendations! I'd like to get a soft sleeve case like the PSP came with, just something you can slide the unit into from the side. Did Sony produce anything like that?
I've heard good things about this soft pouch

if you don't mind a hard pouch I recommend this one. it's slim and sturdy enough to carry in a back pocket. A standalone is available here but the price isn't that great atm so you're better off just getting the starter pack.

For screen protectors I recommend this. Comes in packs of three and application is pretty painless

mace999

Neo Member
Help I can't make up my mind and this is unofficially the Vita thread right, should I get Oreshika or Hyperdimension Neptunia 3. I'm currently playing Neptunia 1 and am enjoying it, I got 2 lined up already but I'm sure I won't get around to part 3 in months..... Surely it will go down on price again in a few months right.

Or should I just get Oreshika?! I like the style of this game and I like turn based rpgs just that nearly every review or let's play talk about how convoluted the game and rebirth system is.

Which one should I choose?!?

Xenoflare

Help I can't make up my mind and this is unofficially the Vita thread right, should I get Oreshika or Hyperdimension Neptunia 3. I'm currently playing Neptunia 1 and am enjoying it, I got 2 lined up already but I'm sure I won't get around to part 3 in months..... Surely it will go down on price again in a few months right.

Or should I just get Oreshika?! I like the style of this game and I like turn based rpgs just that nearly every review or let's play talk about how convoluted the game and rebirth system is.

I actually gonna vote against Oreshika, one of the games that I regret getting because of how people raved about it. If you enjoy Neptunia it's a safer bet to get it's sequel so you have your entire collection. The music and style are unique but the game is just..... I don't know. Empty?

Even though I didn't like Oreshika much I'd recommend it at $5. It's beautiful and unique and it's not like everyone hates it. It's just not for everyone.

mace999

Neo Member
So that's 1 vote for Neptunia, 1 for Oreshika and a maybe ...... Lol .... This is not helping but thanks anyway ......
I think Neptunia will come down in price in a few months but Oreshika less than 5$ .....,
Or I might just risk waiting for the 4th week

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Most Sony first party releases on Vita get to about 2.98-3.98 as their final rock bottom sale price, though the lowest were some of the launch titles which got down to below a dollar.

Ventara

I vote for Oreshika. Most of the complaints I've read about it is from people who were expecting some traditional RPG. As long as you know that creating a strong team is about building a strong bloodline with skills over generations as opposed to leveling up, and that as you go deeper into the dungeons, you need to focus on what to do due to the time limit, I think you'll have an enjoyable time with Oreshika. I think it's a great game.

Edit: lol, what? Not sure where Man God is getting his info from. I don't remember most Sony first-party titles going $3-4. Unless you're expecting it to go PS+ (which is possible), this isn't dropping below $5.

mace999

Neo Member
No i don't expect Oreshika to go lower but I do think Neptunia 3 will go lower, and I am one of those old fashioned traditional rpg guys, so I might not like it either tho I love the art style.

Thanks for the advice anyway

Clive

Oreshika is awesome and unique. It's just not a traditional JRPG or dungeon crawler really for that matter. It's about understanding its mechanics and getting better through them. One of the best games on the Vita but it's a grind and takes a while to get into.

VLiberty

Gravity Rush was 50c or something earlier this year. I know because I'm based in Europe and I looked at that flash sale with jealousy :V

Oh, and Merry Christmas guys!

L.O.R.D

i have a question
how to buy free plus games ?
like gravity rush , i got it from plus , and i was thinking to buy it
there is no buy button in the store page, just download

autoduelist

Get Oreshika. It's a steal at that price. Absolutely beautiful, unique mechanics, even if you don't end up loving it it's worth $5 to try/experience.

The 'bloodlines' aren't particularly convoluted. Basically, each character on your team lives two years, so 24 'turns' or so, depending on what you do. When they are young you train them, then you send them into battle and level them up. When they are in their prime, you mate them with a god of your choice [from a selection of -tons- of incredibly well designed choices] and they breed a child that is far more powerful than them [more god blood!] and may have mutated to look a bit more like the god you chose. When they are old, you have them train youngsters.

It's pretty straightforward, really, and isn't as much work/planning as it might sound. The absolute 'worst' thing that might happen once in awhile is that your clan is not quite in their prime when a certain event is supposed to happen, but all you need to do then is skip it, because any important event [say, a boss showing up in March in a specific dungeon] will repeat every year till you do it [there is no penalty for 'missing' an event in a given year]. So even in that 'worst case event, you just have 12 more turns [months] to get set up with an even more powerful clan for the next year.

Combat is cool, though I recommend using characters/classes with AOE attacks to clear mobs quicker. There's all sorts of cool mechanics at play, like special weapons that can be passed down through the generations and become more and more powerful.

And that art! I don't usually swoon (or even care) about game art, but it's just shockingly beautiful. And the only other game I can think of that puts as much care into 'god' design would be SoulSac's monster/boss design.... just really brilliant, overall.

Get it! $5 is a specialty coffee!

RK128

Rebirth 3 will go on sale again and like be a bit cheaper (got ReBirth 2 for 8 bucks); you can wait on it if you can't get it now.

Oreshikia never went to 5 bucks before and I cannot see it getting lower in price. Highly recommend you get it now before it goes back to 20 bucks.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Merry Christmas everyone! :D

My Christmas present didn't arrive :(
Well I never expected the Cold Steel LE to arrive so soon but i hoped for a beautiful surprise.

Hells yeah.

Netted myself another PlayStation TV, a new (white) DualShock 4, a PDP-branded PS4 remote, a really comfmy Philips bluetooth headset, $20 in PSN cash, some earbuds, some clothes, and some chocolate.

^_^

Get a Hori screen protector from Play-Asia.

Pulled the trigger on Oreshika for $5 and Vita LBP since I hear good things about it and the Marvel license stuff is soon disappearing. Waiting on Neptunia 3 as I figure that will be on sale again for cheaper probably before 2016 is done.

Back to Oreshika.... I see some add-ons in the store for unlocking gods or other stuff. Any of that worth it?

Shizuka

Pulled the trigger on Oreshika for $5 and Vita LBP since I hear good things about it and the Marvel license stuff is soon disappearing. Waiting on Neptunia 3 as I figure that will be on sale again for cheaper probably before 2016 is done.

Back to Oreshika.... I see some add-ons in the store for unlocking gods or other stuff. Any of that worth it?

Not really, no.

L95

Hi! Just got my PS4 as a christmas gift. I'd love to buy something (at least... download some demos lol), but, uh, how long should it take me to get my verification email...(it's been 45 mins or so, now)? Are there any issues right now? I haven't been on internet land consistently for a little while so I haven't kept up, sorry >.>

Hi! Just got my PS4 as a christmas gift. I'd love to buy something (at least... download some demos lol), but, uh, how long should it take me to get my verification email...(it's been 45 mins or so, now)? Are there any issues right now? I haven't been on internet land consistently for a little while so I haven't kept up, sorry >.>
Yeah I've seen the PlayStation twitter mentioning delays with the verification mails. You'll probably have to wait a bit longer.

L95

Yeah I've seen the PlayStation twitter mentioning delays with the verification mails. You'll probably have to wait a bit longer.

Thanks for the reply, I'll just continue to wait then.

(I feel like an idiot for not checking their twitter, but I'm really good at not finding things. Google was giving me stuff from 2014 lol)

Thanks for the reply, I'll just continue to wait then.

(I feel like an idiot for not checking their twitter, but I'm really good at not finding things. Google was giving me stuff from 2014 lol)
Yeah Google isn't great at finding info about current events, unless it's big news. Always use twitter for that. :)

Shopto have £10 off pre-orders of Neptunia; Stranger of Sword City & Trillion. Not sure how long they'll last but £20 is a solid price to get these games day 1 for, especially since IFI & NISA games don't normally drop much lower than that during their lifespans anyway.

And buying day 1 to shop support really doesn't hurt either.

Site is banned, but you can access it through the Vita pre-orders page.

Prelude.

Shopto have £10 off pre-orders of Neptunia; Stranger of Sword City & Trillion. Not sure how long they'll last but £20 is a solid price to get these games day 1 for, especially since IFI & NISA games don't normally drop much lower than that during their lifespans anyway.

And buying day 1 to shop support really doesn't hurt either.

Site is banned, but you can access it through the Vita pre-orders page.
How can I find that pre-orders page?
I hoped Cold Steel would be included but nope.

I gotta say Trails of Cold Steel is pretty damn good. Having tons of fun with it atm. I am glad that they included a bunch of quality of life stuff in the game such as the fast travel in town, or the auto-sort for your ARCUS' orbs. Game is incredibly dense believe it or not, there is a TON to do, a TON of places to see, and just like in TitS every NPC has a personality of its own with ever changing dialogue as you play. I'm pretty early on in the game, but I'd put this one up there with P4G and SAO HF on my list of best/meatiest RPGs in the system.

Not sure if this is the right place for this but, any good inexpensive headsets? I'm hearing less than great things about turtle beach and gold set.

How can I find that pre-orders page?
I hoped Cold Steel would be included but nope.

Nah, Cold Steel isn't included unfortunately

If you hover over the "Shop by Category" icon on the left, then hover over "video games" and then go to Vita and click on "Out in the next 6 months"

Don't cancel Stranger of Sword City.

Ehh. I'm not a massive fan of gridders - I know this one is supposed to be Exp's best, but it took me a long time to finish Demon Gaze (though I did enjoy it) and I only got about 3 hours into Operation Abyss so that's still sitting on my shelf.

We'll see though. It doesn't come out 'til like March!

Ehh. I'm not a massive fan of gridders - I know this one is supposed to be Exp's best, but it took me a long time to finish Demon Gaze (though I did enjoy it) and I only got about 3 hours into Operation Abyss so that's still sitting on my shelf.

We'll see though. It doesn't come out 'til like March!

To be fair I love DRPGs and even I didn't put more than 8hrs or so into Operation Abyss. SoSC looks real good though. If you enjoyed Demon Gaze, even if it took you a while, I'd keep this one. Pretty sure most people around these parts are stocked for that and Ray Gigant the most for this Winter/Spring.

Top Bottom