• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | December 2015

RK128

Well, my prediction from IFI's press event was pretty much spot on, except I didn't see Neptunia Zombies coming out so soon.

I suppose that's good news, but ehh. I enjoyed U, but not enough to say I want to play another Neptunia brawler any time soon. I'll probably still buy it just out of support, but I'm more looking forward to Trillion.

Ehh... if the PSX announcements for Vita turn out to just be Assassin's Creed & XCOM (that have been leaking like all year long) then this'll have all been mighty disappointing.

I see the following being announced at the PSX for Vita:
-Localization news on Neptuina vs. Sega Hard Girls
-Localization of games from Bamco (God Eater series maybe?)
-Various Indie game announcements (Cross-Buy between PS4 and PS Vita)
-Release dates for upcoming games (Axiom Verge, Bastion, Day of the Tentacle, ect)
-X-Com and AC: Chronicles offically announced, or not (those being surprise PS Blog Post announcements after the show or something)

Nothing more than this is what I'm expecting. Looking forward to Jump Festa this year for Vita announcements (FFXII HD; likely coming to both Vita and PS4 considering Square's newfound support for the console) and other events next year (Anime Expo 2016 and TGS 2016)

Edit: Top of the page :D! Check out Rocketbirds for free on PS+ and the PS1 Classics on sale from the Disney Day sale :D! Toy Story 2 holds up very well :).

Saphirax

I see the following being announced at the PSX for Vita:
-Localization news on Neptuina vs. Sega Hard Girls
-Localization of games from Bamco (God Eater series maybe?)
-Various Indie game announcements (Cross-Buy between PS4 and PS Vita)
-Release dates for upcoming games (Axiom Verge, Bastion, Day of the Tentacle, ect)
-X-Com and AC: Chronicles offically announced, or not (those being surprise PS Blog Post announcements after the show or something)

Nothing more than this is what I'm expecting. Looking forward to Jump Festa this year for Vita announcements (FFXII HD; likely coming to both Vita and PS4 considering Square's newfound support for the console) and other events next year (Anime Expo 2016 and TGS 2016)

Edit: Top of the page :D! Check out Rocketbirds for free on PS+ and the PS1 Classics on sale from the Disney Day sale :D! Toy Story 2 holds up very well :).

That is not going to happen. IFI already had a press event. Also https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/672659173260181505

Given Sony's consideration of Vita, Vita only announcements at PSX would be almost a megaton no matter the games, so i would just be happy, but honestly i don't see those games being announced at PSX.

I think you should adjust your expectations even lower. I think we would be mighty lucky if they even mention Vita's name at least once. I predict Vita will be no show at PSX, only PS4 and VR stuff.

Yeah, you're probably both right. I just feel like if it's any event, it's going to be this one, since it seems to be a "for the fans" event and to be fair they did announce Resi Revelations 2 and plenty of other stuff at it last year.

And I am still convinced that Gio Corsi is still being given enough free reign to be doing another Vita port. I just hope it's a surprise and not something we already know about (XCOM/Ass Creed).

In other news, my order of Civ Rev 2 Plus (English version) on Play Asia has changed to "preparing order". Soon, hopefully I get it before Christmas!

RK128

No problem!

Also, this would be the perfect opportunity to announce God Eater; Bamco pls, stop delaying it.

Only guessing that due to Bamco being on the of the developers present but yah, now is the best time to announce it coming to the west.

If not....oh well :(.

Powwa

Did anyone had the chance to try Asian release of Civilization Vita? I want to buy it but I'm a bit troubled about the port quality. If it's like RE:Revolution 2 I'll skip on it. Dat boxart tho.

That's what I recall... Might be misinformed on it.

Game only came out yesterday... where did you get this information from? I remember a distinct lack of any info about it in the run up to release so I'm surprised you've heard something negative so quickly.

I've played all the SSX games on PS2, but I'm finding it hard to get into this new one. The movement feels too loose or something. I think I'll try switching to classic controls to see if that helps.

I've played all the SSX games on PS2, but I'm finding it hard to get into this new one. The movement feels too loose or something. I think I'll try switching to classic controls to see if that helps.

First thing I did was switch the controls.

If you enjoyed the PS2 games, I feel you can definitely grow to love this one (I do). Once you look past the drab aesthetic and the awful Deadly Descents, the actual base game is as good as ever, imo.

Yeah it tries to auto correct a lot of things so it makes you seem awesomer. I wouldn't compare it to the earlier ones because it isn't going to be as good.

RK128

So PS2 games finally are coming to PS4 :D! ......But none of our PS2 Classics are carrying over :l. Made my post about this in another thread and will share that here:

.......You know what, I will call this for what it is; cheaper re-masters in disguise of PS2 titles coming to PS4.

Because that is what this is; games running slightly better, running at 1080p, having trophy support, and having all the PS4 OS features.

These are not PS2 Classics (which were direct ports of PS2 ISO's into the PS3 emulator), but remasters of Sony and third party games that publishers do not feel the need to fully invest in (ex: not something like FFX/X-2 HD which has new assets and a number of changes/fixes/ect).

I will say this to not get annoyed with the lack of my PS2 Classics working on PS4, as it is clearly Sony trying to milk some more money out of gamers who are interested in Sony titles.

Thankfully, I didn't get many PS2 Classics and my PS3 still works fine but still, do not like this move they are pulling. Maybe they have an upgrade program or something that they will announce at the PSX but this announcement is not really exciting me at all :l.

Will give Parappa 2, Ape Escape 2, the two Dark Clouds, Rouge Galaxy and other Sony games I missed out on a shot though :).

VLiberty

They've found a way to make even cheaper remasters. It'd be cool if we would actually end up pay less, which is not the case.

FU Sony

Hopes and dreams of Ape Escape/SSX HD Collections for Vita shattered, since they'll just put up PS2 versions and say "remote play them".

Ah well. I'll fully make the switch to PS4 eventually, I guess :p

Takao

Banned
So PS2 games finally are coming to PS4 :D! ......But none of our PS2 Classics are carrying over :l. Made my post about this in another thread and will share that here:

These aren't remasters, or even basic ports. There's been no indication the games have been reprogrammed in anyway. No redone assets, no HD FMVs, no native widescreen for 4:3 games, etc. They're just emulating PS2 games with trophies and a wrapper that takes advantage of PS4's OS features.

RK128

These aren't remasters. There's been no indication the games have been reprogrammed in anyway, no redone assets, no HD FMVs, etc. They're just emulating PS2 games with trophies and a wrapper that takes advantage of PS4's OS features.

They might as well be though :l; they run at a higher resolution compared to the original PS2 versions, run better and have trophy support.

Not arguing with you, as they are technically emulated games but still, that is what they appear to be in my eyes.

Still annoyed about PS2 Classic not being supported but hopefully some kind of upgrade option will appear in the future.

Saphirax

Meanwhile, I'm just going to sit here and hope we get all those ps2 rpgs and horror games with platinum support.

With the way things have been going, I think the Xenosaga trilogy is definitely going to come out eventually. I'd like to get a bunch of Square rpgs too, but I'm not certain if SE would be inclined to offer the likes of DQVIII :/.

And it's a real shame that getting Shadow Hearts 1-3 has 0% chance of happening.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
These aren't remasters, or even basic ports. There's been no indication the games have been reprogrammed in anyway. No redone assets, no HD FMVs, no native widescreen for 4:3 games, etc. They're just emulating PS2 games with trophies and a wrapper that takes advantage of PS4's OS features.

I'm willing to bet that at least two of the GTA games have been slightly reprogrammed from their PS2 original versions because all of the later day ports and rereleases have been.

Zhao_Yun

Looked it up myself for the same reason, here's the JP list

http://www.falcom.com/sen/product/dlc.html

There are some sets of items (basically cheat packs), casual clothes for all the characters, some accessories, and skins for the ARCUS, whatever that is.

I don't think I would want any of it, so I'll go with the import. I'd only want the Sony cats (Toro and Kuro) but I doubt NA will get those.

Hm yeah, doesn't seem like I'd miss anything important. Probably gonna pre-order the LE as well then.

autoduelist

Does anyone have a countdown to the PSX event's main conference (and links?). I checked the main 2 threads on it and didn't see any [might be blind]/

Hikami

Does anyone have a countdown to the PSX event's main conference (and links?). I checked the main 2 threads on it and didn't see any [might be blind]/

t1449338400z4.png

http://www.twitch.tv/playstation
http://live.playstation.com/

don't think there's a link for youtube yet

Game only came out yesterday... where did you get this information from? I remember a distinct lack of any info about it in the run up to release so I'm surprised you've heard something negative so quickly.

I think this time port is done by developer, 2K. So I've some faith in it. Hope someone can enlighten me about this.

huh

I thought that was obvious since the announcement (not very informed on Civ games).

I guess I just understood everything about the game up my arse.

W-00

Oh, hey, Vita got a mention at PSX. It's getting ports of Day of the Tentacle and Full Throttle. That's not nothing.

Oh, hey, Vita got a mention at PSX. It's getting ports of Day of the Tentacle and Full Throttle. That's not nothing.

Also Hitman Go and The Last Blade 2, as well as Bastion/Nuclear Throne being out now.

It's definitely not nothing! But it's not much I'm interested in :(

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

Also Hitman Go and The Last Blade 2, as well as Bastion/Nuclear Throne being out now.

It's definitely not nothing! But it's not much I'm interested in :(

Well no one expected literally "nothing", we expected nothing vita exclusive(as it is until now), but i guess it's already a little victory that people were not afraid to name vita.

PSX was ok. I like Gio and Adam on stage. Few games shown that are interesting, and it seems like a lot of it is coming to PC so I'm good. Lack of big vita announcements is a bummer but predictable. FFVII isn't a JRPG in the classic sense anymore so my previous curiosity has rapidly transitioned to total apathy.

Top Bottom