• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | December 2015

RK128

The PSX got a few nice Vita announcements but was overall just okay :l.

Really annoyed about how the first guy wore a Crash shirt on stage and it lead to nothing......getting tired of Sony teasing the IP when they are not doing anything with Activision to make it happen.

VLiberty

Hob looks amazing. Totally looking forward to that

As for Vita, I guess we will get official XCOM and AC announcements the same way we got CivRev2. Who know why, though

RK128

PSX was ok. I like Gio and Adam on stage. Few games shown that are interesting, and it seems like a lot of it is coming to PC so I'm good. Lack of big vita announcements is a bummer but predictable. FFVII isn't a JRPG in the classic sense anymore so my previous curiosity has rapidly transitioned to total apathy.

That part has me more excited than worried honestly; love the KH series and the FFVII Remake following that gameplay style has me wondering how it will work within the systems/mechanics the original FFVII had.

Still, I completely understand why you don't care about the game anymore (as it isn't a remake anymore, its an re-imagining) and it would be nice if they had an option for people preferring the original combat system.

18-Volt

Phantasy Star Nova and God Eater got mentioned on #buildingthelist campaign than Yakuza 0 (Yakuza 5 was the one people want) but they decided to support PS4 instead of a dead console. Not complaining about Yakuza 0, though I'm more excited about 6th game.

It seems Sony is officially done with Vita. Here's hoing that they won't halt the sales of the system in west, there are still tons of stuff to get localized.

Otherwise it's up to NX to save the handheld market. It's got a tough job to do.

That part has me more excited than worried honestly; love the KH series and the FFVII Remake following that gameplay style has me wondering how it will work within the systems/mechanics the original FFVII had.

Still, I completely understand why you don't care about the game anymore (as it isn't a remake anymore, its an re-imagining) and it would be nice if they had an option for people preferring the original combat system.

I dislike the KH series, so I suppose that's a key distinction. The game's are okay, but combat is totally uninteresting.

Saphirax

Phantasy Star Nova and God Eater got mentioned on #buildingthelist campaign than Yakuza 0 (Yakuza 5 was the one people want) but they decided to support PS4 instead of a dead console. Not complaining about Yakuza 0, though I'm more excited about 6th game.

It seems Sony is officially done with Vita. Here's hoing that they won't halt the sales of the system in west, there are still tons of stuff to get localized.

Otherwise it's up to NX to save the handheld market. It's got a tough job to do.

What you just said makes no sense. God eater is also on PS4.

RK128

The best part is that the God Eater games is that they have PS4 versions they could localize too but nope, just forget about it :l.

The Crash tease killed any interested I had in Sony for a long while but their Vita showing was solid all things considering.
-Bit Trip Collection
-Bastion
-Nuclear Throne
-Day of the Tentacle Remastered
-Full Throttle Remastered
-Hitman Go
-(Likely)- Lara Croft Go
-Other Indie announcements

Plus the likely case of Psychonuts getting a remaster on PS4 and Vita (a new game is coming and their is a PS VR-only Psychonuts game; we will get a remaster of the original game next year) made the show a good showing for Vita to me.

I really liked the show, can't deny that they didn't talk anything about the PS2 emulation, no shuhei on stage, no XCOM vita and bend keep being silent though.

I also find it strange that they choose to show guns up (after it being dropped for vita).

/rant

The good things:

Full throttle remaster
Bastion (downloading now)
Ni no kuni 2
FF7
Golem
100ft robot golf
Nuclear throne

redcrayon

It'll be interesting to see what else emerges this weekend now that journos are wandering around the show floor.

The whole Battleborn/Paragon DOTA/character shooter thing that has half a dozen upcoming titles seems like the most cynical, uninspired, safe launch of a new genre I've seen in a while. Playstation VR left me unimpressed too, but then it's always going to be about the experience itself.

Question for vitagaf:
The Jak & Daxter and Ratchet & Clank collections on Vita- as someone who never played the PS2 games, are they worth a look? I'm only able to play them on Vita, and things like graphics/sub-60fps don't bother me at all, but I heard Jak has slow control inputs or something? Thanks in advance!

God Eater won't be brought by Sony if it ever does come over, it is a known a fact that Sony has given up on the Vita, they said as much a while back. Now, I'm happy with Namco's decisions as of late, I just don't understand WHY they don't bring God Eater over when they see people constantly asking for it everywhere on the internet. If they are aware of the demand for the other niche stuff that they are bringing for next year they have to be aware that God Eater is one of the things people keep asking about in the comments section of their announcements, forums, etc. Idk. They are just kinda sitting on the trademarks and watching us weep.

RK128

God Eater won't be brought by Sony if it ever does come over, it is a known a fact that Sony has given up on the Vita, they said as much a while back. Now, I'm happy with Namco's decisions as of late, I just don't understand WHY they don't bring God Eater over when they see people constantly asking for it everywhere on the internet. If they are aware of the demand for the other niche stuff that they are bringing for next year they have to be aware that God Eater is one of the things people keep asking about in the comments section of their announcements, forums, etc. Idk. They are just kinda sitting on the trademarks and watching us weep.

Honestly, if God Eater series doesn't get localized next year, it never will :(.

I could see it happening, as outside of the following:
-PS4 Ninja Storm
-Ray Giant
-SAO: Hollow Realization
-Digimon Cyber Sleuth
-One Piece Project
-Some DBZ title
-Localization of a Tales of Game (PS4 only)

They don't have a lot coming out next year. Could easily see God Eater Resurrection release sometime summer 2016 and 2: Rage Burst coming out sometime late 2016.

18-Volt

The best part is that the God Eater games is that they have PS4 versions they could localize too but nope, just forget about it :l.

The Crash tease killed any interested I had in Sony for a long while but their Vita showing was solid all things considering.
-Bit Trip Collection
-Bastion
-Nuclear Throne
-Day of the Tentacle Remastered
-Full Throttle Remastered
-Hitman Go
-(Likely)- Lara Croft Go
-Other Indie announcements

Plus the likely case of Psychonuts getting a remaster on PS4 and Vita (a new game is coming and their is a PS VR-only Psychonuts game; we will get a remaster of the original game next year) made the show a good showing for Vita to me.

They did announce couple of games but it looks like they took away some too. They didn't mention Vita in adult swim reel, only PS4 for Rain World, Death's Gambit and Ray's the Dead and blog post doesn't mention Vita either.

This really got me worried, as all of them were the my most anticipated indie games on Vita. Hopefully they're still on the way and adult swim are just jerks not mentioning Vita.

Honestly, if God Eater series doesn't get localized next year, it never will :(.

I could see it happening, as outside of the following:
-PS4 Ninja Storm
-SAO: Hollow Realization
-One Piece Project
-Some DBZ title
-Localization of a Tales of Game (PS4 only)

They don't have a lot coming out next year. Could easily see God Eater Resurrection release sometime summer 2016 and 2: Rage Burst coming out sometime late 2016.

Isn't Ray Gigant also under their wing? They also have the Digimon games.

Still, all they'd have to do is the same as Digimon, release the game digitally on Vita (as much as it hurts for me to say this) and physically on the PS4. Done. It'd sell like cupcakes.

No one likes REZ in here? Disappointed

Ray Gigant is localized and published by Acttil

I say this because of this:

raygigant.png

I know that Acttil is supposed to be bringing this over, but are they under Namco?

Didn't they say Bastion was going to be $3 when it was announced, or was that only a price for PS+ subscribers? It's showing up as $15.

Question for vitagaf:
The Jak & Daxter and Ratchet & Clank collections on Vita- as someone who never played the PS2 games, are they worth a look? I'm only able to play them on Vita, and things like graphics/sub-60fps don't bother me at all, but I heard Jak has slow control inputs or something? Thanks in advance!

Both are Subnative. Jak is a lower res afaik. Framerate for both is capped at 30. Ratchet runs decently well. First game has 1 frame input lag, however this is present in the original (but is doubled by the halved framerate). Ratchet also has some CTDs, but none of them impede progression if you can be patient. Haven't played Jak, but the framerate is reportedly pretty awful (teens), which makes sense given the original games are a piece of work and even the PS3 versions have some issues.

I'm sorry :(. Will add that to my list of Bamco games coming over. Didn't mean to upset you or anything names.

Wait wha I'm not upset at you at all. I was saying you had the list right since I guess they just put the Bamco sticker there because the game belongs to them, and not because it's being published by them here in the West :p We are cool friend aha.

I just saw some gameplay from paragon and to me it looks really solid.

On another note, is the danganronpa panel today or was it yesterday?

autoduelist

Also Hitman Go and The Last Blade 2, as well as Bastion/Nuclear Throne being out now.

It's definitely not nothing! But it's not much I'm interested in :(

Anyone seeing Nuclear Throne on the store?

Really annoyed about how the first guy wore a Crash shirt on stage and it lead to nothing......getting tired of Sony teasing the IP when they are not doing anything with Activision to make it happen.

What? Clearly -- and I mean clearly -- they are. That was a giant blinking neon sign with shrieking sirens screaming 'Crash is coming to Playstation'... most likely at E3.

Absolutely absurd to assume 'they are not doing anything' when they almost certainly have already sealed the deal.

This is a huge event and that shirt was clearly intentional. He did not choose that shirt to piss you off and frustrate you, he chose that shirt to send a clear message.

The Crash tease killed any interested I had in Sony for a long while

I think you're... overreacting? If Crash is that important to you, you should be psyched. That was as confirmation as early confirmation gets. They probably want to save footage for either when it's more complete or for E3 for marketing reasons. That shirt is a huge hive five to fans.

RK128

Wait wha I'm not upset at you at all. I was saying you had the list right since I guess they just put the Bamco sticker there because the game belongs to them, and not because it's being published by them here in the West :p We are cool friend aha.

Good :).

I'm a bit sour after the PSX event due to the Crash Tease but still, good to know we're cool :D.

18-Volt

So I guess they just left the logo there or something. Alright then cool, guess that's that for Bamco's stuff for next year then RK.

Namco usually allows 3rd party publishers to localize their stuff when they don't actually own the IP. Solatorabo, Sky Crawlers, Fragile there have been tons of them. All of them had Namco logo.

Interesting thing is that, God Eater published by D3 publisher in west. D3 is a subsidiary for Namco in Japan but in west they're more on their own and doesn't usually publish Namco's games. Now they're more of a mobile only publisher, God Eater's license in west might be up for grabs. I'm thinking XSEED, they have been publishing D3's stuff all year long. Maybe God Eater is on their table.

On the topic of Ray Gigant, have there been any stealth news about a release date or anything? I've kinda been away from the more niche news for the past 2 weeks due to school. I am super stoked for that game but there's already so much stuff coming in the Spring.

Namco usually allows 3rd party publishers to localize their stuff when they don't actually own the IP. Solatorabo, Sky Crawlers, Fragile there have been tons of them. All of them had Namco logo.

Interesting thing is that, God Eater published by D3 publisher in west. D3 is a subsidiary for Namco in Japan but in west they're more on their own and doesn't usually publish Namco's games. Now they're more of a mobile only publisher, God Eater's license in west might be up for grabs. I'm thinking XSEED, they have been publishing D3's stuff all year long. Maybe God Eater is on their table.

Problem is Bamco has trademarks for both games already, so if anyone brings it over it's them. Unless someone buys the property?

RK128

What? Clearly -- and I mean clearly -- they are. That was a giant blinking neon sign with shrieking sirens screaming 'Crash is coming to Playstation'... most likely at E3.

Absolutely absurd to assume 'they are not doing anything' when they almost certainly have already sealed the deal.

I think you're... overreacting? If Crash is that important to you, you should be psyched. That was as confirmation as confirmation gets. They probably want to save footage for either when it's more complete or for E3 for marketing reasons. That shirt is a huge hive five to fans.

I just hate teases like that; if they want to announce something, well, ANNOUNCE it.

But like my anger with Gravity Rush 2 not coming to PS Vita, I will stop talking about it then.

Sorry for de-railing the discussion guys.

18-Volt

Problem is Bamco has trademarks for both games already, so if anyone brings it over it's them. Unless someone buys the property?

Namco had trademarked Ray Gigant, Fragile and Solarotbo in west too. I'm not sure if this mean anything but both Fragile and Solatorobo were published by XSEED.

So, no free games like last year on PSN?

Nuclear Throne and Bit.Trip are supposed to be free if you do something on Playstation app on mobile, I didn't catch what was that about.

autoduelist

I just hate teases like that; if they want to announce something, well, ANNOUNCE it.

But like my anger with Gravity Rush 2 not coming to PS Vita, I will stop talking about it then.

Sorry for de-railing the discussion guys.

But that defeats the entire point of a tease. And you accidentally hit the nail on the head -- they -don't- want to announce it yet. So they didn't. But they gave fans a batman signal because that's all they had to offer right now. You might prefer complete silence, and that's fine, but to get -upset- with Sony for letting you know early seems backwards to me. You should be excited, not pissed.

Multi-million deals/investments are carefully managed from a marketing perspective. Part of the challenge is building hype and getting people excited about something.

Namco had trademarked Ray Gigant, Fragile and Solarotbo in west too. I'm not sure if this mean anything but both Fragile and Solatorobo were published by XSEED.

Nuclear Throne and Bit.Trip are supposed to be free if you do something on Playstation app on mobile, I didn't catch what was that about.

Ah man, I don't have a smartphone.

EDIT: You have to be at PSX to get them for free, so no free games this year for everyone else.

RK128

But that defeats the entire point of a tease. And you accidentally hit the nail on the head -- they -don't- want to announce it yet. So they didn't. But they gave fans a batman signal because that's all they had to offer right now. You might prefer complete silence, and that's fine, but to get -upset- with Sony for letting you know early seems backwards to me. You should be excited, not pissed.

Multi-million deals/investments are carefully managed from a marketing perspective. Part of the challenge is building hype and getting people excited about something.

But what if it means nothing and I get excited for no reason? I'm likely just getting worked up over nothing but I would of prefered a simple announcement teaser trailer or something; not 'Here's this image of Crash :D! Please be excited"

But whatever, don't want to derail the thread. Will be excited when I see something substantial; a trailer, gameplay footage, Sony's comments, ect. Until then, will be indifferent to the news.

Tizoc

The only Bamco announcement was Ace Combat 7 but surely they have venues and panels from now til the 7th right?

redcrayon

Both are Subnative. Jak is a lower res afaik. Framerate for both is capped at 30. Ratchet runs decently well. First game has 1 frame input lag, however this is present in the original (but is doubled by the halved framerate). Ratchet also has some CTDs, but none of them impede progression if you can be patient. Haven't played Jak, but the framerate is reportedly pretty awful (teens), which makes sense given the original games are a piece of work and even the PS3 versions have some issues.
Thanks, much appreciated!

Thanks, much appreciated!
Actually forgot to add that I personally recommend the ratchet collection of you've got the patience to deal with its issues. It isn't as good as the ps3 or ps2 versions, but it's still a fantastic set of games, and they play well enough.

Producer

PS Nova would have sold like 10 copies

pariah164

Since I can't play Bastion on my laptop, having it on Vita is great. And at that price, it's a steal. Best thing to come out of the Playstation event today, IMO.

Top Bottom