• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | December 2015

incpdo

Ok bought bastion . 3.75 is a steal for this game. Also out now are nuclear throne and the bit trip. So pretty good actually

Edit: saw the bluemaxima video about the Darius burst cs Vita game and I'm going to spend those painful 40 dollars in the game. I'm now convinced it is worth the money. I'm probably getting it in Christmas eve as an gift to myself hehe

Clive

Damn, that was painful for someone who prefers gaming on the Vita. Phone port, old SNKarcade fighting game port, old PC remaster and a BIT.TRIP port. Thankfully we still have some support from indies and publishers of niche Japanese game.

Better than nothing, I guess, but Sony isn't even pretending that they're supporting the Vita anymore like they were last year.

autoduelist

But what if it means nothing and I get excited for no reason? I'm likely just getting worked up over nothing but I would of prefered a simple announcement teaser trailer or something; not 'Here's this image of Crash :D! Please be excited"

But whatever, don't want to derail the thread. Will be excited when I see something substantial; a trailer, gameplay footage, Sony's comments, ect. Until then, will be indifferent to the news.

It's perfectly fine to 'wait and see'. If you can't handle hype, then yes, just pretend you didn't see anything. I'm just saying there's certainly no reason to be upset. I'm not an insider, but I'd say that shirt was absolute proof we're getting it.

Do you remember the Vib Ribbon controversy after Shawn Layden name checked it? He's clearly very, very well aware of what his wearing a Crash shirt would imply, and there's absolutely no chance he'd wear it just to troll you. It's as clear as clear can be, Sony got Crash. Be patient!

incpdo

It's perfectly fine to 'wait and see'. If you can't handle hype, then yes, just pretend you didn't see anything. I'm just saying there's certainly no reason to be upset. I'm not an insider, but I'd say that shirt was absolute proof we're getting it.

Do you remember the Vib Ribbon controversy after Shawn Layden name checked it? He's clearly very, very well aware of what his wearing a Crash shirt would imply, and there's absolutely no chance he'd wear it just to troll you. It's as clear as clear can be, Sony got Crash. Be patient!

Oh man , your hype is my hype now. That's bad.

BTW just 18 minutes to play bastion on Vita!

Important: Is the re-release of GTA San Andreas really a port of the PS2 version or does it have stuff changed in it like the mobile/pc/360/ps3 version?

If it includes the original songs I'm super keen to grab it!

RK128

My hype levels for things seem to be at a all time low due to being disappointed by Sony so many times, so while I did like a good deal of the PSX event, that similar to TGS disappointed me despite both events having a lot of good stuff.

It always seems like third parties get me excited about things but when Sony does something it always upsets me somehow. TGS had a ton of fantastic announcements but Gravity Rush 2 soured the entire event. PSX got a good deal of great announcements but the Crash tease angered me more then excited me.

Going to seriously consider taking a break from posting on NeoGaf and focus on other areas in my life. So I might not be on Gaf for quite a while. If that is the case, thank you all for letting me in such a great community and thank you for keeping things positive :).

Very quick Bastion Vita impressions:

Played the first level. Pathing feels okay with an analogue stick. Not as good as a mouse, but sufficient. I think there might be something in place to make it more difficult to roll off edges, as there were multiple times where I thought I should've gone off the edge. Additionally, I think there might be some side effects of this where gates are more difficult to simply skirt around. Basically every gate in the PC version can be circumvented, but I had trouble getting around the first level's boss gate. To be fair, I've always struggled with that one but it didn't feel right. **Right after posting this I was able to clip through it using the boss' attack as a boost.

The game is a little bit too far zoomed out in my opinion. I think it's likely this is an engine limitation, and it's not game breaking, but it might bother some people. Because of this, the art doesn't feel as detailed but it appears to be native res none the less. Additionally, framerate feels solid though the first level isn't terribly intense. Some of the later levels might end up chugging a bit but I'll deal with that when it comes.

Bubble/Intro page things look quit nice.

Forgot to mention that load times are quite a bit longer than I would like. They're not egregious, but they definitely break up the action more than I would like

My hype levels for things seem to be at a all time low due to being disappointed by Sony so many times, so while I did like a good deal of the PSX event, that similar to TGS disappointed me despite both events having a lot of good stuff.

It always seems like third parties get me excited about things but when Sony does something it always upsets me somehow. TGS had a ton of fantastic announcements but Gravity Rush 2 soured the entire event. PSX got a good deal of great announcements but the Crash tease angered me more then excited me.

Going to seriously consider taking a break from posting on NeoGaf and focus on other areas in my life. So I might not be on Gaf for quite a while. If that is the case, thank you all for letting me in such a great community and thank you for keeping things positive :).

I don't find you particularly negative, games are a big part of our lives and with that comes emotions. It's ok to feel disappointed :)

RK128

if RK is too negative, I am doom incarnate.

I honestly feel like I've been far harsher on Sony's actions then in the past though; the moment where Gravity Rush 2 became a PS4 game and not coming to Vita, I noticed my tone getting 'sharper' whenever Sony was mentioned.

I guess....I'm 'done' with them, but I still want to get a PS4 despite Sony.

I want to play Ratchet & Clank, I want to play Uncharted 4, I want to play the large line-up of Square Enix games coming out next year, I want to play Persona 5; a ton of games I need to get a PS4 just to play.

I will close saying I am very happy with 2016's line up for the Vita and I am hopeful a few games will be great.

Any word on Bit.Trip and Nuclear Throne performances on Vita?

Don't have the funds to get both but I would imagine Bit.Trip runs well on Vita.

Runner II (a more graphically intensive game) runs at native res and at 60FPS; the original Bit.Trip games should have no issues running at Native Res/60FPS on Vita (they are 8-Bit and ran on Wii via WiiWare originally).

Any word on Bit.Trip and Nuclear Throne performances on Vita?

I'll boot up nuclear throne in a sec.

Okay, played the tutorial and a bit of the first level. I could easily see this game getting really bogged down in later levels with very flashy weapons/monsters, but what I played was super solid framerate. Biggest issue was the controls, honestly. Not so much the game's problem, as the vita's analogue sticks being kinda shit.

Oh, also you can't use the dpad to move and that bugs me. Maybe i'm missing something though.
2 areas down, almost beat 3-1. Game runs solid as fuck so far. It's pretty great

18-Volt

Damn, that was painful for someone who prefers gaming on the Vita. Phone port, old SNKarcade fighting game port, old PC remaster and a BIT.TRIP port. Thankfully we still have some support from indies and publishers of niche Japanese game.

Better than nothing, I guess, but Sony isn't even pretending that they're supporting the Vita anymore like they were last year.

Could have been much worse. Sony could cease sale of Vita systems and release of any software in west but continue to support in Japan/asia. We could keep hearing all these great game announcements knowing we would never get them. That's something Sony would do.

incpdo

I honestly feel like I've been far harsher on Sony's actions then in the past though; the moment where Gravity Rush 2 became a PS4 game and not coming to Vita, I noticed my tone getting 'sharper' whenever Sony was mentioned.

I want to play Ratchet & Clank, I want to play Uncharted 4, I want to play the large line-up of Square Enix games coming out next year, I want to play Persona 5; a ton of games I need to get a PS4 just to play.

I will close saying I am very happy with 2016's line up for the Vita and I am hopeful a few games will be great.

Don't have the funds to get both but I would imagine Bit.Trip runs well on Vita.

Runner II (a more graphically intensive game) runs at native res and at 60FPS; the original Bit.Trip games should have no issues running at Native Res/60FPS on Vita (they are 8-Bit and ran on Wii via WiiWare originally).
I ve always read your comments and you are mostly positive about things not like others ( mangod for example no offense bro) so its OK to bring your negative side sometimes. What I suggest is get 3.75 dollars buy bastion which I am playing now and enjoy the system as what it is a big and impressive catalogue of games , at least for me. Even when every 5 games there are 2 that are crapp. I think this wasn't a bad PS experience for Vita . they have at least acknowledge the console. This is not common in Sony . if they still mentioning at least something . it's Sony the worst enemy of the Vita . remember that. the console still Alive after all.

RK128

I ve always read your comments and you are mostly positive about things not like others ( mangod for example no offense bro) so its OK to bring your negative side sometimes. What I suggest is get 3.75 dollars buy bastion which I am playing now and enjoy the system as what it is a big and impressive catalogue of games , at least for me. Even when every 5 games there are 2 that are crapp. I think this wasn't a bad PS experience for Vita . they have at least acknowledge the console. This is not common in Sony . if they still mentioning at least something . it's Sony the worst enemy of the Vita . remember that. the console still Alive after all.

If I had the funds, I would get Bastion for sure man :). Looking forward to getting it latter in the month :D.

I am enjoying Lost Song and Rocketbirds right now too :).

Sony still has my heart because of the PS4.

2016 is great for the Vita because of the 3rd party support. 2015 was very weak for it, at least in my opinion. Spring '16 alone is better than this whole year.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

2016 is great for the Vita because of the 3rd party support. 2015 was very weak for it, at least in my opinion. Spring '16 alone is better than this whole year.

Not super impressed with this year either, especially for exclusive content. Next year should be better.

I think all of my purchases except one this year have been 2014 or before games on sale.

RK128

Not super impressed with this year either, especially for exclusive content. Next year should be better.

I think all of my purchases except one this year have been 2014 or before games on sale.

I'm in the same boat; not a PS4 owner yet and many of my Vita purchases were based on early 2014-2015 (due to great sales). The only brand new games I bought were the PS+ titles and SAO Lost Song (and latter this month, Bastion and other indies).

Next year is the reason I want a PS4, so they must be doing something right with both first and third party :).

2016 is a wonderful year for BOTH platforms honestly XD! So many great games coming out, early 2016 being flooded with games:
-Ratchet and Clank
-Uncharted 4
-Digimon Cyber Sleuth
-Blanc Zombie Game (Neptuina)
-Ray Giant

And many others I am drawing a blank on :).

2015 was a decent year for the Vita as we got a good final exclusive from Sony on Vita (Oreshka) and we got some solid Neptuina games on Vita too (ReBirth 2 is a big improvement over ReBirth 1 and Action Unleashed looks like a great beat-um up). Not to mention we got some great games from August onward (Danganronpa Another Episode for example :)).

2016 is a wonderful year for BOTH platforms honestly XD! So many great games coming out, early 2016 being flooded with games:
-Ratchet and Clank
-Uncharted 4
-Digimon Cyber Sleuth
-Blanc Zombie Game (Neptuina)
-Ray Giant

And many others I am drawing a blank on :).

2015 was a decent year for the Vita as we got a good final exclusive from Sony on Vita (Oreshka) and we got some solid Neptuina games on Vita too (ReBirth 2 is a big improvement over ReBirth 1 and Action Unleashed looks like a great beat-um up). Not to mention we got some great games from August onward (Danganronpa Another Episode for example :)).

2016 is killer.

As for your second point, idk. People's reception of Oreshika was pretty lukewarm, myself included. I played it, and dropped it shortly after. I got it, I understood the game, and after a while I just moved on to something else. It didn't stick with me. Danganronpa was a great game. I'd say the only game I played on my Vita this year that I actually finished (although there weren't a lot tbh), so that tells you something.

The PS4 gave me great games this year. I loved The Witcher. I lost myself in that game for countless hours and saw everything until the end. Bloodborne was an immaculate game as well. Then there was MGS5, Fallout4, Zestiria, the list goes on and on. I have said it before, I am a very handheld focused guy. This year was just a huge disappointment, but thanks to that I learned to love and respect my console more. Finally this box was more than just a Destiny machine. I'd arguably say the 3DS was okay. It had Monster Hunter, Xenoblade, Persona Q and now the excellent Stella Glow (seriously, SRPG fans get on this game).

If I were to rank this year, it'd be:

PS4 >> 3DS > Vita

Looking forward to next year though!!

RK128

2016 is killer.

As for your second point, idk. People's reception of Oreshika was pretty lukewarm, myself included. I played it, and dropped it shortly after. I got it, I understood the game, and after a while I just moved on to something else. It didn't stick with me. Danganronpa was a great game. I'd say the only game I played on my Vita this year that I actually finished (although there weren't a lot tbh), so that tells you something.

The PS4 gave me great games this year. I loved The Witcher. I lost myself in that game for countless hours and saw everything until the end. Bloodborne was an immaculate game as well. Then there was MGS5, Fallout4, Zestiria, the list goes on and on. I have said it before, I am a very handheld focused guy. This year was just a huge disappointment, but thanks to that I learned to love and respect my console more. Finally this box was more than just a Destiny machine. I'd arguably say the 3DS was okay. It had Monster Hunter, Xenoblade, Persona Q and now the excellent Stella Glow (seriously, SRPG fans get on this game).

If I were to rank this year, it'd be:

PS4 >> 3DS > Vita

Looking forward to next year though!!

I don't own a PS4 but I can clearly see that this year was better for the console compared to 2014. Bloodborn, Until Dawn and Tearaway Unfolded are three games I plan on getting when I get my PS4 next year (such a shame Tearaway bombed again though :'().

Only got Majora's Mask 3D and Shantae & the Pirate Curse on the 3DS side of things (in terms of 2015 releases) but I had a blast with both :D. MM is my favorite Zelda of all time and one of the best games ever made in my book while Shantae was such a treat to play through; funny, charming and a ton of fun.

I put a lot of time in to my Vita this year and I gave a few franchises a shot that I never played before:
-Neptuina (ReBirth 1 and 2)
-Tales of (Tales of Hearts R)
-The DRPG
-Mega Man Legends

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Nothing this year on PS4 made me even blink about buying it at its current price. Not event the reduced price. All of the games that do peak that interest are late 2016 and beyond, so if next black Friday has a good deal it'll probably come home then. Sort of depends whether or not Nintendo launches something around then, especially if some of those must have PS4 games are coming there as well.

Vita, like I said, had a very hard time keeping my attention this year but had excellent sales in the first six months or so on older content, to the point where I even bought plus for a month just to save money on a single transaction.

3DS had a low key great year. I've sunk almost 300 hours into MH4U, another 100 into Xenoblade, played through Majora's mask again, and bought a ton of indies. February is going to be a killer for this system. Atlus put out a ton of stuff that I'm just waiting for the right price on.

Wii U, well, it had Splatoon, Mario Maker, and Xenoblade X. Games I'm going to play for years. Ton of smaller releases have pleased me as well, pretty much my go to indie machine even beyond PC and Vita. Bummed it didn't get a 4u port or any other love from Capcom but oh well, I can play those elsewhere.

Kudo

PSX was positive for me, Ni-oh and Ni no Kuni 2 both look fantastic.
I hope we also get discount for PS+ time during the Christmas sales.

2016 is definitely looking like a great year for games.

Xenoflare

Bastion is $2.85 for me, that HAS to be a pricing error.

Anyways I have $0 on my funds right now and since I'm only using PSN cards, I have to shell out 20 anyways.

Is it the port from the phone version?

alright nuclear throne runs like shit on vita and i'm fuckin pissed

Anyways I have $0 on my funds right now and since I'm only using PSN cards, I have to shell out 20 anyways.

that's the actual price. also, seems to be a port of the ps4 version? which was a port of the pc version

Xenoflare

alright nuclear throne runs like shit on vita and i'm fuckin pissed

that's the actual price. also, seems to be a port of the ps4 version? which was a port of the pc version

Wow.... uhhh I have no idea why but hey if that's the case it can wait for a while then. I'll buy it when during a sale of other game so I can buy stuff in bulk.

Fuckers, I could've saved $0.90. =/

Meh, worth it either way.

Xenoflare

Fuckers, I could've saved $0.90. =/

Meh, worth it either way.

Yeah, I got it when it first came out on Xbox 360 and I spent $15 for it and it was worth every penny.

What's even more ridiculous is that I'm in Canada, which means this game is $2.13 in US dollars.

It's kinda insane, sure it's a port of a 2011 game that existed on multiple platforms already, but this is the first time where a new release is so cheap.

I sure hope the price would stay that low for a long while

cyborg009

Banned
I have 2.84 on my PSN account...
CVgSRFpU8AAsbQe.png:large

batrush

Only finished Bloodborne and DS2 on PS4 this year. Lost any interest I had in MGSV within the first 7-8 hours. Witcher's alright but every time I feel like playing it there seems to be a new patch, and by the time it finishes downloading I lose my motivation to play. So that game has been a 7(?)-month process.

Devil Survivor 2, MH4U and EOU2 were the only 3DS standouts for me. Put a good amount of time into those. EOU2 in particular was excellent.

Vita received the most amount of use this year thanks to Taiko V. Had a good time with Atelier Ayesha, Sayonara Umihara Kawase, and Ar nosurge. P4DAN and Ultra Despair Girls were mostly disappointing. Still need to start Corpse Party. Looking forward to the Idolmaster games this week.

Wii U fulfilled its role as my taiko machine I guess.

Bloodborne is my favorite completely original 2015 release. Steins;Gate wins when everything else is considered. It is the GOAT VN.

RK128

I have 2.84 on my PSN account...
CVgSRFpU8AAsbQe.png:large

I'm sorry man :(. If it helps somewhat, you could put 5 bucks into PSN and get four PS1 Disney games in addition to Bastion :).

Edit: They are 1.50 per game and highly recommend Toy Story 2, Emperors New Grove, and Hercules. The first two are 3D platformers that are high quality while the latter is a fun 2D Action/Platformer.

Hikami

I have like $4 in my account, tempted to get Bastion. Don't think I'd play it til months from now though.. what are the chances of it becoming a PS+ game?

Top Bottom