• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | February 2016

So I played about 5-6 hours of Soul Sacrifice (the original) and I don't remember exactly why I stopped. I think I got annoyed as fights turned into: exhaust all powers, find refills in the level, repeat until the boss is dead.

Should I go for Delta?

sacrifice critters to get an extra cast for all your Offerings

apparently Delta is much better and offerings can do combos or something

and anyway it's 7 bucks, worth the risk IMHO

ZeroAKA

So I played about 5-6 hours of Soul Sacrifice (the original) and I don't remember exactly why I stopped. I think I got annoyed as fights turned into: exhaust all powers, find refills in the level, repeat until the boss is dead.

Should I go for Delta?
Yes, every Vita owner should own Soul Sacrifice Delta.

All I want is Rorona Plus or Corpse Party 2 on sale, but they haven't done that in a couple months so I'm not too excited. Given it's Valentine's Day, if Sweet Fuse goes on sale, I might pick that up, but those first two are the big ones I want.

...gosh dangit, not even Sweet Fuse. At least I have my backlog...

I found these to be fun from the Flash Sale:

BlazeRush
Rallycopters
Penarium
Army of Two: The 40th Day (PSP)
NFL Blitz
NBA Jam: On Fire Edition

These games are total crap:
Yorbie
Boggle
Starwhal

Nothing for me in the sale.

R.I.P.D is already a part of this weeks sale, lol.

Wow I didn't even know that. I think it is harder to buy R.I.P.D. not on sale. I bought it for $1 and haven't bothered to play it yet.

Could someone help me with something? I'm browsing the (UK) store, and for some reason a couple of games are just outright free for some reason.

One of which is Spelunky, and a few others. Did I miss something, or is there something wrong with this?

Could someone help me with something? I'm browsing the (UK) store, and for some reason a couple of games are just outright free for some reason.

One of which is Spelunky, and a few others. Did I miss something, or is there something wrong with this?
Do you have PS+ for UK?
When Plus games get cross buy later, they usually appear as free and you have to "buy" them again. Pretty sure Spelunky was one of those. It also adds them to your account permanently.

Do you have PS+ for UK?
When Plus games get cross buy later, they usually appear as free and you have to "buy" them again. Pretty sure Spelunky was one of those. It also adds them to your account permanently.

Ah fair enough, I thought it may have been something like that but I wasn't expecting them to be kept permanently. That's pretty good actually, though they should probably fix it.

Christian

What are we thinking the odds are of DQ Builders and Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna both coming westward on Vita? And if they do, I'm guessing the odds are just under 0.1% that we'll get physical releases, huh?

Prelude.

What are we thinking the odds are of DQ Builders and Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna both coming westward on Vita? And if they do, I'm guessing the odds are just under 0.1% that we'll get physical releases, huh?
Localized? Pretty high.
Physical? Pretty likely for DQB considering the genre.
Setsuna not so much, probably. I can't see them selling a game that looks like that in physical form in the west.

Christian

Localized? Pretty high.
Physical? Pretty likely for DQB considering the genre.
Setsuna not so much, probably. I can't see them selling a game that looks like that in physical form in the west.

I'm talking physical on Vita. Considering MINECRAFT didn't get a physical release, are we really confident DQB will??

Takao

Banned
I'm talking physical on Vita. Considering MINECRAFT didn't get a physical release, are we really confident DQB will??

Minecraft did get a physical release. SCEA is just trash so they made North America's a voucher.

That said, I'm not sure DQB is coming over and I'm even less sure of it getting a Vita physical release. DQH didn't do very well on both of gaming's saviours, so SE's probably cringing over what another spinoff would sell.

Prelude.

Minecraft did get a physical release. SCEA is just trash so they made North America's a voucher.

That said, I'm not sure DQB is coming over and I'm even less sure of it getting a Vita physical release. DQH didn't do very well on gaming's saviour, so SE's probably cringing another spinoff would sell.
Well, Heroes is just a musou, Builders is Minecraft. They're probably aware of the difference in demographics and not thinking the DQ brand is the problem.
SE's pokemon is getting a physical release after all.

Takao

Banned
You know Final Fantasy is significantly more popular than Dragon Quest in the west.

I'm not convinced there's a huge market for Builders in the west. Yes, Minecraft is a phenomenon, but this is a single-player version skinned with an IP that 99% of that audience has likely never heard of.

Prelude.

You know Final Fantasy is significantly more popular than Dragon Quest in the west.

I'm not convinced there's a huge market for Builders in the west. Yes, Minecraft is a phenomenon, but this is a single-player version skinned with an IP that 99% of that audience has likely never heard of.
It is but I doubt a game like Heroes could influence the future of any kind of DQ game in the west just like Type-0 isn't gonna change anything FF related. I guess we'll see soon enough.

Did Europe get a physical Minecraft Vita? I thought they got a voucher, too.
It made too much sense for SCEA so they decided to fuck it up as much as possible.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
So logging in the store takes about 10 minutes.
after waiting 10 min i put 2 games in my basket.

firewatch
the witness

i tried buying the games with ideal.
but it's giving me an server error.

i'm not all that into sales. But a customer not being able to BUY A DAMN GAME seems bad for business.

Getting really sick of this ps EU nonsense

wNHb.jpg

-edit- useful error message guys. FIX YOUR DAMN SERVERS

Wiggy

So logging in the store takes about 10 minutes.
after waiting 10 min i put 2 games in my basket.

firewatch
the witness

i tried buying the games with ideal.
but it's giving me an server error.

i'm not all that into sales. But a customer not being able to BUY A DAMN GAME seems bad for business.

Getting really sick of this ps EU nonsense

wNHb.jpg

-edit- useful error message guys. FIX YOUR DAMN SERVERS

Been under maintenance hours now, been trying to redeem a code since morning. Very annoying.

Ambitious

Oh, Gone Home is finally available in Europe. Almost forgot about that one. Can't buy it though because of the server issues mentioned above.

Ambitious

When I added Gone Home to my download list, I heard my PS4 becoming active, as it should. When I turned it on a few minutes later, Gone Home wasn't there. The download hadn't even started. The PS4 wasn't connected to PSN and just kept loading indefinitely when I selected the friend list.

So I held the PS button in order to bring up the power menu so I could restart the PS4, but the screen just showed the blue background. No menu, no error message, no button prompts, nothing. Just the background. I was able to go back to the home menu by pressing the PS button again. This time, I tried to select the power menu from the horizontal menu bar, but again, it just showed the blue background.

What the hell, Sony? What kind of bug would prevent the goddamn power menu from working? Get your shit together.

I had to put it into rest mode using the physical power button (which took two minutes for some inconceivable reason), then properly restart it from the menu. Connecting to PSN took like three minutes again, then the download was finally initiated.

RK128

And here I thought it was weird, but the February thread completely passed me by.

Sometimes things don't pop up in the community tab and thus we can ignore threads :l.

I know I haven't posted as much here compared to prior months as I'm currently blasting through the Sonic series for the anniversary, which means little too no games I'm playing from that franchise are on the Vita sadly :(.....the Rivals games are :D....yah :l.....

And I can't get Digimon and other newer games/stuff on sale like Borderlands 2 due to lack of funds right now (saving for the PS4 and college tests will eat up a lot of budget :l), so can't really gush about how great a game is if I never touched it before.

This month so far has little in making the Vita 'pop' for me, but I have a nice backlog to go back to when my Sonic Retrospective is wrapped up :).

Will be talking about the Rivals series and Racing Transformed in the next week or so though. And considering they are PSP/Vita games.....they related to PSN :D.

Sorry for not posting much here though guys :(. Will try to be more active the coming week.

But I've been busy, so check out my threads if you want to kill some time or learn more about the Sonic series :D.

Classic Era:
Sonic the Hedgehog 1
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog CD
Sonic the Hedgehog 3&K
Knuckles Chaotix
Sonic 3D Blast - Will be up by 2/16
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine - Will be up by 2/17
Sonic Spinball - Will be up by 2/19
Sonic Chaos - Will be up by 2/23
Sonic Triple Trouble - Will be up by 2/25
Tails Adventure - Will be up by 2/27
Sonic 1 & 2 Master System - Will be up by 2/29
Sonic Drift 1 & 2 - Will be up by 3/1

Saturn Era:
Sonic the Fighters - Will be up by 2/21
Sonic R
Sonic Jam - Will be up by 3/2

Dreamcast Era:
Sonic Pocket Adventure - Will be up by 3/4
Sonic Adventure - Will be up by 3/7
Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic Heroes
Sonic Advance Trilogy - Will be up by 3/10
Sonic Rivals Series - Will be up by 3/15
Sonic Battle - Will be up by 3/12
Shadow the Hedgehog - Will be up by 3/17
Sonic Riders & Zero Gravity

Modern Era:
Sonic Rush Series - Will be up by 3/13
Sonic 06
Sonic & The Secret Rings - Will be up by 3/19
Sonic & The Black Knight
Sonic Chronicles - Will be up by 3/20
Sonic Unleashed
Sonic Colors
Colors DS (This is a maybe honestly.....)
Sonic 4 Ep. I & II - Will be up by 3/22
Sonic Generations - Will be up by 3/24

RK128

Isn't that what you always do anyways?

Damn.....well, I tend to play games I talk about, but when I'm excited about something, I can't help but talk about games.

But I will shut up if that is the problem everyone. Not right talk about stuff I don't play, even if I'm excited about it.

Massa

Damn.....well, I tend to play games I talk about, but when I'm excited about something, I can't help but talk about games.

But I will shut up if that is the problem everyone. Sorry.

You should learn the only one that needs to shut up here is kunnikuman. The guy is always bullying you, just ignore it. After that mental breakdown of a post I thought he'd be away for a while, looks like he's back.

RK128

You should learn the only one that needs to shut up here is kunnikuman. The guy is always bullying you, just ignore it. After that mental breakdown of a post I thought he'd be away for a while, looks like he's back.

What post are you referring too? Honestly would be sick of it, but its not worth getting upset over. If people don't like me, I'm cool with it honestly.

Massa

What post are you referring too? Honestly would be sick of it, but its not worth getting upset over. If people don't like me, I'm cool with it honestly.

You're literally the nicest poster in this thread. As I suggested, just put that person on your ignore list and continue as usual. ;)

RK128

You're literally the nicest poster in this thread. As I suggested, just put that person on your ignore list and continue as usual. ;)

Changing the topic, have you played any of the Sonic series before :D?

Been playing a lot of games in the series recently as I want to celebrate the 25th anniversary this year :).

Massa

Changing the topic, have you played any of the Sonic series before :D?

Been playing a lot of games in the series recently as I want to celebrate the 25th anniversary this year :).

Oh definitely. I mostly grew up with Nintendo but I always loved playing SEGA games at friends (my best friend had all of them). I eventually bought a Genesis quite late (after the N64) but I have very fond memories of playing Sonic on it, specially the first one.

And dammit now I want to fire it up again. :p

RK128

Oh definitely. I mostly grew up with Nintendo but I always loved playing SEGA games at friends (my best friend had all of them). I eventually bought a Genesis quite late (after the N64) but I have very fond memories of playing Sonic on it, specially the first one.

And dammit now I want to fire it up again. :p

I made threads covering all of the Genesis-era Sonic's (1, 2, 3&K, CD) already and working on a Knuckles Chaotix one for tomorrow :). Everyone loved my 3&K thread and people seemed to enjoy my other threads, so give them a look if you want :D!

Loved playing through all four recently, so I get your feeling. Those classic games are so much fun, play great and in CD's and 3&K's case, are perfect games in may respects.

Edit: The Vita can play Sonic 1 & 2 through the Sega Genesis Collection PSP game if you own a PS3 and have a NA PSN account (need to transfer the game from PS3 to Vita) if you have the itch to play them on the good ;). Sonic 2 feels amazing on the Vita for example :D.

shmoglish

Ok, quick question (maybe not the right place...)

When I deactivate my PsSystems via Pc (deactivate all of them), do I have to download everything again or is it enough to restore the licenses (Psvita and Ps4)?

Ok, quick question (maybe not the right place...)

When I deactivate my PsSystems via Pc (deactivate all of them), do I have to download everything again or is it enough to restore the licenses (Psvita and Ps4)?
Just re-activating the consoles will be enough!

Massa

I made threads covering all of the Genesis-era Sonic's (1, 2, 3&K, CD) already and working on a Knuckles Chaotix one for tomorrow :). Everyone loved my 3&K thread and people seemed to enjoy my other threads, so give them a look if you want :D!

Loved playing through all four recently, so I get your feeling. Those classic games are so much fun, play great and in CD's and 3&K's case, are perfect games in may respects.

Edit: The Vita can play Sonic 1 & 2 through the Sega Genesis Collection PSP game if you own a PS3 and have a NA PSN account (need to transfer the game from PS3 to Vita) if you have the itch to play them on the good ;). Sonic 2 feels amazing on the Vita for example :D.

Ah, I need to check them out. :)

I think I may already own the Genesis Collection PSP game, I need to check that. I definitely own Sonic 1 on PS3, it was already installed on my system.

Since Sony's security (or lack thereof) is garbage, I have two-factor authentication on my Paypal and have that linked to my PSN account. Would that cause any problems with filling my wallet? I heard they lock your account if there's any issues with Paypal, so I've been nervous to try it.

Benedict

Thinking about upgrading/downgrading my 1TB SSHD to a 2 TB HDD in my PS4 since it's full and I have to start deleting games.
Any suggestions on what to get?
Thinking that peace of mind on what I can have on the drive will be better than shorter loading times.

RK128

Since Sony's security (or lack thereof) is garbage, I have two-factor authentication on my Paypal and have that linked to my PSN account. Would that cause any problems with filling my wallet? I heard they lock your account if there's any issues with Paypal, so I've been nervous to try it.

I don't own PayPal, so I don't know if I can help. But I assume that you shouldn't have any issues if your PayPal Account is within good standing. If it is, then you will not have issues filling up your PSN account with credit.

I personally recommend you just use PayPal to buy PSN credit off amazing or somewhere else; less of a hassle and allows you to not worry about much :).

I hope this helped out somehow.

RK128

Top Bottom