• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | February 2016

Will check the DLC situation in Europe when I get my copy, though it only shipped on Friday :(

edit: Top of the page again! If you have already pre-ordered Trillion God of Destruction (which you should have), then pre-order Stranger of Sword City as well.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...euth/cid=EP0700-PCSB00861_00-ASIABERSLEUTH001
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...tion/cid=EP0700-PCSB00861_00-DSCSBERSLEUTHD01

Here's Asian English digital for Digimon. PCSB 00861

NA Game ID is PCSE 00755
EU Game ID is PCSB 00861
Asian Chinese Game ID is PCSH 00173

This is the same as SSD and Oreshika asian physical working with NA PSN DLC and EU PSN DLC:

ASIAN SSD (PCSF00532):
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...game/cid=EP9000-PCSF00532_00-ASIASACDELTAEU00
EU SSD (PCSF00532):
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...elta/cid=EP9000-PCSF00532_00-SOULSACDELTAEU00
ASIAN ORESHIKA (PCSF00536):
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...game/cid=EP9000-PCSF00536_00-ASIA000000000000
EU ORESHIKA (PCSF00536):
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...ines/cid=EP9000-PCSF00536_00-ORESHIKA2EUUS000

So essentially as long as the game has the same game ID, you can use DLC on asian physical copies.

Play-Asia? Just checking, in case I should start worrying about my VG+ order.

Edit: Nevermind. Now the expected release date is Feb 10.

Yas. Didn't even know Vg+ did Asian English releases to be honest!

(I also stuck hotline miami in to get my $5 off over $60 order)

You know you can't redeem HM2, right?

I do. I've played them both already. I wasn't that keen on HM2 but the first is one of my favourite games ever.

I'm willing to pay that much for awesome box art and physical version. Bit of a bummer not to have the second but not a dealbreaker.

We Are Doomed is PSTV compatible but not cross buy. Not paying $10 again for that subpar game.

Going to try the stupid Mop game for $2.50.

Prelude.

Liam just retweeted this.
About 60k PSVita sold in France in 2015. That's pretty good, isn't it? I have no idea about how much is considered good in a single country in Europe.

18-Volt

About 60k PSVita sold in France in 2015. That's pretty good, isn't it? I have no idea about how much is considered good in a single country in Europe.

It is. It's about same with PSP when it was at Vita's age. I remember PSP & PSP Go sold a total of 70k in 2009, but PSP had much bigger games: Gran Turismo, Assassin's Creed Bloodlines, MGS Peace Walker.

Nintendo is still the king in France though. In some occasions, 3DS games and hardware sell even better than Japan.

dracula_x

hmm

ZmLJlRr.png

apparently, it's better to buy the game and theme separately if you PS Plus subscriber.

Seemed low to me, and I was tweeting Ryuzaki about it last night (who was also tweeting that news) who said it was significantly down on 2014 (which does make sense).

But it didn't have anything substantial last year (especially compared to 2014) so it's to be expected really. Needs more exclusive anime games :p

(Also, I believe the figure is > 60k since it's based on the 3DS shipment figure being correct, while sell-through might actually be lower).

Benedict

Just participated in a survey on PS+ as a service.
They wanted to contact me again after they made a suggestion for how the service might be changed.

So, today is the release of the hero must die demo and I'm thinking of changing to my jp account. I have done this several times but can someone please point me to a good video or site that explains how it's done?

Also, does it still mess upp the vita bubbles?

So, today is the release of the hero must die demo and I'm thinking of changing to my jp account. I have done this several times but can someone please point me to a good video or site that explains how it's done?

Also, does it still mess upp the vita bubbles?

Haha, would also like to know this, thinking of changing my account on my PSTV to try out this game!

Are you sure? The last time I restored a full backup, it restored my bubble placement as well.

Restoring a full backup and changing accounts aren't the same thing. If you restore a full backup after changing accounts, they'll be as you left them when you backed up though.

Personally, I use two memory cards (no restore) with my Vita to accomplish back and forth, and two PSTVs (no switching memory cards) on the other end.

Out of interest (seeing as you seem to know about this kinda stuff - thanks for the guide btw, it's very helpful!), can you use two memory cards on the same account and is it as simple as popping one out and popping the other in? Will this mess up bubbles?

Yes, you can just swap in and out - though the Vita should be off for a swap.

If you use the same placement for bubbles that don't move (ie; system bubbles), then your bubble setup should stay the same IIRC. I always forget to make them the same, and mine move a little each time - but only the ones that system bubbles are in place of

And you're quite welcome. :).

That was sent in 2014. They probably designed one, but cancelled its release. Looks like it added R3/L3 as well.

There was a patent that went public a few weeks ago. It was a "operating mechanism by obtaining stress input" patent on a handheld device (Vita-1000 image). Essentially an L3/R3 on analog on Vita itself according to people who understand patent lingo better.

I think they are/were trying to make Vita more fitting for Remote Play.

Wow, that looks great.

Have I completely misunderstood what this game is or could you, mechanically, compare it to something like 80days?

Edit: It was nice to hear the people at GiantBomb talk positively about the Vita this week (Crypt of the Necrodancer). Someone even said it's his favorite handheld console.

Have I completely misunderstood what this game is or could you, mechanically, compare it to something like 80days?

Edit: It was nice to hear the people at GiantBomb talk positively about the Vita this week (Crypt of the Necrodancer). Someone even said it's his favorite handheld console.

Seems like a cross between a side-scrolling RPG like Muramasa, and a turn-based RPG like Trails or Digimon. It's basic with regards to combat and systems, but there's a lot of text (read; not great for "importing") and explanations going on that you're likely to miss if not fluent in Japanese.

I grabbed a bunch of screens, if anyone's interested; http://thevitalounge.net/2016/02/11/hero-must-dies-japanese-demo-now-available-new-screenshots-too/

Seems like a cross between a side-scrolling RPG like Muramasa, and a turn-based RPG like Trails or Digimon. It's basic with regards to combat and systems, but there's a lot of text (read; not great for "importing") and explanations going on that you're likely to miss if not fluent in Japanese.

I grabbed a bunch of screens, if anyone's interested; http://thevitalounge.net/2016/02/11/hero-must-dies-japanese-demo-now-available-new-screenshots-too/

The comparison to 80 was more about the structure of the narrative, node based and not enough time to visit every node in one play through. Like in a "choose your own adventure" book, or am I just seeing what I want to see? ;)

The comparison to 80 was more about the structure of the narrative, node based and not enough time to visit every node in one play through. Like in a "choose your own adventure" book, or am I just seeing what I want to see? ;)

Well I haven't played whatever that is, so I don't know.

There's definitely not time enough to do everything offered in one play-through, though - I'll give you that for sure.

killatopak

Gold Member
Hello guys. I stopped playing with my Vita about a year ago so I don't know of any good games in the year 2015-2016. Can you guys recommend some for me that was released on those years?

Top Bottom