• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | February 2016

Also Ukiyo no Roushi is down to £26 on Play Asia. And it doesn't look like it's going to come west any time soon since it's been 13 months and counting.

I'm gonna import. And there's basically like no translation guides out there. Should be fun :p

TOTP: Buy Lost Dimension!

Saphirax

Also Ukiyo no Roushi is down to £26 on Play Asia. And it doesn't look like it's going to come west any time soon since it's been 13 months and counting.

I'm gonna import. And there's basically like no translation guides out there. Should be fun :p

TOTP: Buy Lost Dimension!

Time to learn Japanese! Then maybe in 2-3 years you'll be able to understand the game :p.

Should've been localized :(

Should've been localized

Indeed it should. I was waiting until NISA's press conference to see if there was hope, but I think I'm clinging on to nothing there. Shiren the Wanderer and Grand Kingdom have both already been announced for the west and they released much, much later than Ukiyo.

So I'll have to muddle through with google translate and a weapon crafting guide I found online :p

SerTapTap

Is Sony removing some of the older premium avatars from the PS4? I was able to select my old Pocket Fighter Ibuki about a month ago, but it isn't available when choosing a new avatar on my PS4 tonight. I've had the avatar for years and confirmed that it still shows up in my purchase history. I have a couple of other Street Fighter and Resident Evil avatars that are also gone.

Did they ever even add premium avatar support on PS4? I don't recall them doing so. Check on PS3...which IIRC is still the only way to set them. I had to update my PS3 just to set my avatar to my new one (Croire)

Did they ever even add premium avatar support on PS4? I don't recall them doing so. Check on PS3...which IIRC is still the only way to set them. I had to update my PS3 just to set my avatar to my new one (Croire)
They did at the end of last year. Initially all previous avatars that were purchased were selectable, but I am now missing a few.

Indeed it should. I was waiting until NISA's press conference to see if there was hope, but I think I'm clinging on to nothing there. Shiren the Wanderer and Grand Kingdom have both already been announced for the west and they released much, much later than Ukiyo.

So I'll have to muddle through with google translate and a weapon crafting guide I found online :p

Looks like I'm not after all, since it's back to full price once I got home from work :(

Nippon-Yasan has it for a liiiittle bit cheaper. Could be cheaper with shipping too.

I might wait a little, this kind of thing happens all the time on Play-Asia where price fluctuates, I might keep an eye on it over the coming days.

I fully intend to import at some point, but £25 + shipping was a good entry point for me. Thanks for the tip anyway!

Ryan95

When is this NISA conference supposed to be? I'm curious to see if they localize Exist Archive

Shizuka

Might NISA announce that they're bringing New Danganronpa V3 over at this conference of theirs?

Waaaaay too soon. I'm sure NISA has some kind of contract in place that they'll be the ones localizing it, but I doubt they'll announce it before it's even out in Japan.

MikeDown

Banned
not sure if this is the thread to ask this, but im having some trouble with streaming to twich with my ps4. I have good, solid internet, but the quality is terrible.

February 22nd. NISA won't be the one bringing Exist Archive, if you ask me.

Has it been officially confirmed for Feb 22nd?

Eep, I'm excited. Though I suspect I'm going to be disappointed in that it'll have a heavy pc focus and not the Vita games I'm hoping for.

Re. Exist Archive - I don't see it being either Square (when was the last time they localized another company's game?) or Sony (only hope of that is gio and he has bigger games to go after).

I know AniHawk has said it's not, but I can't see it being anyone but Atlus or NISA. Maybe Aksys at a push.

Ryan95

It could be a bigger company this time, like Square-Enix or Sony.
Why SE? Have they already localized non-homemade games? I've been thinking NISA because of their past collaborations with Spike-Chunsoft, Exist Archive developer, and I'd be happy, as this would grant Vita users a delicious physical release for the game like Grand Kingdom.

Deft Beck

Slight notice -- Rainbow Moon is out on PS4, and if you got the game on Plus a while back, you can't get the discounted price.

not sure if this is the thread to ask this, but im having some trouble with streaming to twich with my ps4. I have good, solid internet, but the quality is terrible.

Just in case you missed it, make sure the quality setting is where you want it to be. Also, give it a minute. For some reason, when I stream, the quality starts off horrible, skipping and all sorts of crap for about 30 seconds to a minutes, at which point it becomes smooth sailing for the rest of the streaming session. I haven't been able to figure out why this happens, but maybe see if the same thing is happening to you.

AniHawk

Has it been officially confirmed for Feb 22nd?

Eep, I'm excited. Though I suspect I'm going to be disappointed in that it'll have a heavy pc focus and not the Vita games I'm hoping for.

Re. Exist Archive - I don't see it being either Square (when was the last time they localized another company's game?) or Sony (only hope of that is gio and he has bigger games to go after).

I know AniHawk has said it's not, but I can't see it being anyone but Atlus or NISA. Maybe Aksys at a push.

exist archive is not nisa, but it is coming. there really aren't a lot of options for publishers to be honest.

i would expect this press event to have new stuff but not really big stuff. more quantity than last year just because there won't be any big stuff. that's how 2014 was handled (although i guess danganronpa 2 was considered big).

Shizuka

I demand that NISA bring more DRPGs and don't delay them after they announce release dates for those.

Please?

i would expect this press event to have new stuff but not really big stuff. more quantity than last year just because there won't be any big stuff. that's how 2014 was handled (although i guess danganronpa 2 was considered big).

That's absolutely fine by me. I've already voiced how disappointed I was by their 2015 announcements in here :p

I suppose, if they're picking up more stuff, there's more of a chance they'll announce some Vita games I'm interested in, so that's a plus. Interested to see what's brewing.

Anyone trying Uppers' demo?

Just downloading it now, will report back after some messing around. :)

---

Edit;

I'm back, and I played through the demo until it tossed a music video at me and kicked me back to the main menu. Took about 20 minutes or so, and I was a little long due to taking screens and messing about.

Combat system;
basic, but functional and kind of fun. There are "ram" style attacks, grabs/grapples, and straight up hits - with trigger button combos used for blocking. There's a system for bonus attributes via the slot machine and the girls, as well as power ups from getting combos and such. Pretty much as you'd expect, here.

Graphics; Looks like Senran Kagura, pretty much - anime characters with basic but decent art.

Audio; voiced script (with decent voices), and non-annoying attack sounds for the most part. Lots of heavy music to amplify the mood, and it works.

Actual gameplay opinion;
fun, but Senran Kagura is the better game from Takaki. This feels like it has less of a hook, though the environment destruction could be it depending on how the rest of the game is. Would buy it if it came over, but it wouldn't be day one.

Here's a post I dropped on TVL with a ton of screens; http://thevitalounge.net/2016/02/17/uppers-demo-now-available-on-the-japanese-psn/

Hikami

Finished Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth, it was amazing. Already goty for me so far. Hope more Digimon games can come over now.

Clive

Does Uppers seem like something of an open world game or is it fighting in scenes/arenas like Shinovi Versus?

Hikami

Nice! Still early on in the game but I'm really enjoying it. How long did it take you to complete the story?
Um.. around 80 hours lol. It should really only take around 20 hours if you just focus on the story. But I couldn't since there's a bunch of other stuff to do besides the story.

I spent a lot of time getting all the Digimon, doing online battles and offline Colosseum tournaments. Played on Hard mode as well so that prolonged the battles. I still have all the post-game quests to do as well so the game's gonna last me for a while longer.

That's absolutely fine by me. I've already voiced how disappointed I was by their 2015 announcements in here :p

I suppose, if they're picking up more stuff, there's more of a chance they'll announce some Vita games I'm interested in, so that's a plus. Interested to see what's brewing.

To me the most important question is, who will bring net high, hero must die, psycho pass and god wars to the west! ;)

Edit:and all the randomword;randomword games (i.e Chaos;Head)

maouvin

Actual gameplay opinion;[/B] fun, but Senran Kagura is the better game from Takaki.

I think it's too early to say that. SK's gameplay isn't all that before you level up the girls a bit to get more attack options, and Uppers could end with something similar.
Maybe... the lack of Katsuragi is playing a part here? ;)

Just played the demo. It has a skippable tutorial and two missions (one with a boss battle - "boss" being another duo). Not much to add to teflon's impressions, but I think the flashyness might be a hook too. Hoping it comes over someday.

VLiberty

You just need to learn to operate the PS3. Plan to play a game next week? Pop it in now and start it up so patching and installing will be ready for you when you are. Trophies not synchronizing fast enough? Let PS+ do it while you sleep. Bad triggers? China will send you better ones for below 2 bucks.

I'm still playing my PS3 all the time even if I do have newer consoles with backlogs. The PS3 backlog still has the best games and it seriously isn't THAT bad to use as long as you don't expect to be playing the game within 30 minutes of putting in the disc for the first time.

This. Also, buying a 1tb drive last year was the best thing I could do for my PS3 experience, I've installed / downloaded everything. PS+ automatic updates and webstore also helped, becuase yeah the PS3 OS and store are pretty much trash.
As for the controller, I have been using a third party asymmetrical one for two years.

I think it's too early to say that. SK's gameplay isn't all that before you level up the girls a bit to get more attack options, and Uppers could end with something similar.
Maybe... the lack of Katsuragi is playing a part here? ;)

Just played the demo. It has a skippable tutorial and two missions (one with a boss battle - "boss" being another duo). Not much to add to teflon's impressions, but I think the flashyness might be a hook too. Hoping it comes over someday.

It's possible, though I think camera and movement has something to do with it too - Senran seems tighter in those areas (giggity?).

In other news, I recorded some gameplay; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVP__4DUciI

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Starter kits in Japan for 19.980 yen launching march 3
PS-Vita-Starter-Kit-JP-Ann.jpg

http://gematsu.com/2016/02/ps-vita-starter-kit-bundle-announced-japan

RK128

Starter kits in Japan for 19.980 yen launching march 3
PS-Vita-Starter-Kit-JP-Ann.jpg

http://gematsu.com/2016/02/ps-vita-starter-kit-bundle-announced-japan

So they are finally giving people a decent amount of memory bundled within the system?

......Four/Five years to late but still a nice idea :).

Hope this makes its way over to EU/NA, as it could help a lot in selling people on getting Vitas. The memory card is a big barrier to some people due to the high prices, so bundling 16GB is a really nice way to make people jump on the Vita train better.

wilflare

So they are finally giving people a decent amount of memory bundled within the system?

......Four/Five years to late but still a nice idea :).

Hope this makes its way over to EU/NA, as it could help a lot in selling people on getting Vitas. The memory card is a big barrier to some people due to the high prices, so bundling 16GB is a really nice way to make people jump on the Vita train better.

*@yosp sees this post
*@yosp takes a screenshot
*@yosp tweets screenshot, saying "let RK dream"

but yes, a good idea

RK128

*@yosp sees this post
*@yosp takes a screenshot
*@yosp tweets screenshot, saying "let RK dream"

but yes, a good idea

I could picture this honestly XD!

They don't care about the Vita doing well in EU/NA, so why bother doing anything at all, right?

......Sometimes its sad man :(.

Top Bottom