• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | February 2016

I only started getting into Digimon for real before I left for Montreal for the long weekend, for which I didn't bring my Vita. Fire Emblem is out this Friday and I'm nowhere near done. I'm gonna have to juggle between the two, but I feel like the Fire Emblem fan in me is obviously gonna prioritize that... Then there's The Division a few weeks after. I wonder if I'll even finish Digimon at this rate. Still in Chapter 5 lol.

RK128

I only started getting into Digimon for real before I left for Montreal for the long weekend, for which I didn't bring my Vita. Fire Emblem is out this Friday and I'm nowhere near done. I'm gonna have to juggle between the two, but I feel like the Fire Emblem fan in me is obviously gonna prioritize that... Then there's The Division a few weeks after. I wonder if I'll even finish Digimon at this rate. Still in Chapter 5 lol.

I can understand names; juggling between many games at once is never a good thing XD.

Right now I'm judging Sonic Adventure, Knuckles Chaotix, and 3D Blast for my retrospective threads coming soon; that is a good deal of games! Sonic games tend to fly buy though, so its not much of an issue at all :).

This happens a lot with my Vita and right now, I'm bouncing between Ar No Surge, Oddworld, Lost Song and a few PS1 classics......very busy game wise.

My advice is play the game you really like the most (Digimon or FE) then when you aren't playing stuff on your 3DS/Vita, then bounce to the Division when at home.

VLiberty

I'm playing mainly on PS4 right now but I gusse it's completely ok as it's the "new toy" (bought it two weeks ago).

As of now I've finished Grow Home and inFamous First Light and had a blast with both(Grow Home is criminally underrated), I'm halfway through Strider and I've already poured (too many) hours into Rocket League online. I've also been playing some Garden Warfare online.

I've just started Resistance 3 on PS3 though. I can see myself still playing more on PS3 for the next year or so considering the huge backlog of games I've got on there.

Christian

Why did the 64GB memory cards get significantly more expensive in the last couple of months? Are they actually becoming more scarce? I could easily find one for around $80 or $85 before Christmas, but now they're all $95 or more. Anyone know where I can get one cheaper?

Why did the 64GB memory cards get significantly more expensive in the last couple of months? Are they actually becoming more scarce? I could easily find one for around $80 or $85 before Christmas, but now they're all $95 or more. Anyone know where I can get one cheaper?

Yeah, I was going to buy one the other day and they seemed to have gone up noticeably in price.

I can understand names; juggling between many games at once is never a good thing XD.

Right now I'm judging Sonic Adventure, Knuckles Chaotix, and 3D Blast for my retrospective threads coming soon; that is a good deal of games! Sonic games tend to fly buy though, so its not much of an issue at all :).

This happens a lot with my Vita and right now, I'm bouncing between Ar No Surge, Oddworld, Lost Song and a few PS1 classics......very busy game wise.

My advice is play the game you really like the most (Digimon or FE) then when you aren't playing stuff on your 3DS/Vita, then bounce to the Division when at home.

That's probably gonna be what I'm gonna do. Digimon is super easy on normal, but I like that I'm not getting stuck or grinding levels at all. FE I already know is going to be tough, specially because I'm going with Conquest and I never let my units die. The Division is gonna be a more time intensive game, so I'm gonna have to juggle between the 3 according to my mood and how much time I have.

RK128

That's probably gonna be what I'm gonna do. Digimon is super easy on normal, but I like that I'm not getting stuck or grinding levels at all. FE I already know is going to be tough, specially because I'm going with Conquest and I never let my units die. The Division is gonna be a more time intensive game, so I'm gonna have to juggle between the 3 according to my mood and how much time I have.

Good plan.

Considering how hard FE sounds, play through Digimon first for the handheld game, then go to FE and Division in terms of switching between games at home/when out :).

Hope you enjoy the Division, as you sound really excited from it based on your tweets on the game so far :D.

Good plan.

Considering how hard FE sounds, play through Digimon first for the handheld game, then go to FE and Division in terms of switching between games at home/when out :).

Hope you enjoy the Division, as you sound really excited from it based on your tweets on the game so far :D.

Ahaha yeah The Division is my most awaited game of the season! That should keep my PS4 busy for a long time.

Xenoflare

Some times my games are greyed out on the vita menu after I got my 64 gb card, don't know if it's faulty it just a 64 go thing

You sure, I swore they were snuck in at the very bottom, it was wall to wall Japanese and then like 5 English names.

Yeah, those were the console publisher people at PQube. They didn't have any part in the localization. In the PC version, the English localization team was shown on an end card after the credits, but I guess that (or the info on it) never made it to the console versions.

I wish I still had time to play games, guilt-free

I feel like that sometimes too. Could be doing something productive with the time I have instead of toying around with videogames. But then again, if I have the time to play is most likely because I worked my butt off to have those 2-3hrs free.

All I want is Rorona Plus or Corpse Party 2 on sale, but they haven't done that in a couple months so I'm not too excited. Given it's Valentine's Day, if Sweet Fuse goes on sale, I might pick that up, but those first two are the big ones I want.

Also the Atelier Arland games (Vita) will be on sale this Wednesday in EU (get them!)

https://twitter.com/koeitecmoeurope/...70554759290880

*twitch* This means it'll go on sale in the US soon, right? ...right? Please? I've been waiting for months now...

superbad

No, thank you for sharing this :). That is a good deal, considering with tax included, it adds up to 200 bucks. Not a bad deal at all for anyone on the fence for getting a Vita, a new one at that :D!

Not a good deal...at least if you're Canadian. This is the US price, which is the equivalent of about $235 CAD right now, and that's before tax and/or shipping.

You can walk into EB Games here in Canada and get one for $226 tax in.

What's the regular US price?

RK128

Not a good deal. This is the US price, which is the equivalent of about $235 CAD right now, and that's before tax and/or shipping.

You can walk into EB Games here in Canada and get one for $226 tax in.

Oh....should of clarified that its a good deal for US gamers. Sorry about that :(.

Edit: The normal US price I believe now is 200$ plus tax.

I noticed Smyths (UK retailer) got rid of their stock of Vita consoles recently - they were selling some off for £100.00 (good price) and now seem to have disappeared from their website completely. Bummer, should've bought one when I had the chance. Could do with a spare Vita for when the battery runs out on mine.

In other news, I started Hyperdevotion Noire recently and I love it. I... may be coming around to the idea that 2015 wasn't as bad as I made it out. Sure, it's still a come-down from 2014 which was an absolutely fantastic year for Vita software; and it still had a few duds in their like DanganRonpa; Operation Abyss & Persona being disappointing, but otherwise there's been gems that I overlooked at the time. Noire is great (and I'm enjoying it more than the Rebirth games atm); Lost Dimension was a surprise hit; Steins;gate was excellent and I even enjoyed SAO Lost Song more than I thought I would have.

If they'd have released a few western titles in 2015 like they did in 2014 (Blands/GoW/Ratchet/Sly) then it would've been a pretty decent year.

ryseing

I've just started Resistance 3 on PS3 though. I can see myself still playing more on PS3 for the next year or so considering the huge backlog of games I've got on there.

I can't go back to the PS3's trash tier controller or the slow as hell OS after using the PS4 controller and relatively smooth OS. Damn shame that certain games I want to keep playing never got PS4 ports.

Massa

I can't go back to the PS3's trash tier controller or the slow as hell OS after using the PS4 controller and relatively smooth OS. Damn shame that certain games I want to keep playing never got PS4 ports.

You can play PS3 games with the Dual Shock 4 but even so... yeah, I have games I want to play on the PS3 but I barely turn it on anymore.

You can play PS3 games with the Dual Shock 4 but even so... yeah, I have games I want to play on the PS3 but I barely turn it on anymore.

This. I'm too spoiled with Vita and PS4.

Clive

You just need to learn to operate the PS3. Plan to play a game next week? Pop it in now and start it up so patching and installing will be ready for you when you are. Trophies not synchronizing fast enough? Let PS+ do it while you sleep. Bad triggers? China will send you better ones for below 2 bucks.

I'm still playing my PS3 all the time even if I do have newer consoles with backlogs. The PS3 backlog still has the best games and it seriously isn't THAT bad to use as long as you don't expect to be playing the game within 30 minutes of putting in the disc for the first time.

ryseing

Doesn't it have to be plugged in? I know I can buy a long USB cord but it's still an inconvenience.

You just need to learn to operate the PS3. Plan to play a game next week? Pop it in now and start it up so patching and installing will be ready for you when you are. Trophies not synchronizing fast enough? Let PS+ do it while you sleep. Bad triggers? China will send you better ones for below 2 bucks.

I'm still playing my PS3 all the time even if I do have newer consoles with backlogs. The PS3 backlog still has the best games and it seriously isn't THAT bad to use as long as you don't expect to be playing the game within 30 minutes of putting in the disc for the first time.

For me at least it's really not worth it for two games. Honestly not sure why I keep the thing around minus the fact that I wouldn't get shit for it and it's nice to have a second Bluray player.

SiDCrAzY

I mostly keep my PS3 for my kids, they still use it for Fat Princess and Minecraft occasionally. Though they have been playing Minecraft on my PS4 more lately, getting my controllers all sticky and shit.

Chuy

My PS3 still gets a fair amount of usage from time to time and I doubt i'll ever get rid of it since there's a plethora of games I still want to play for it. Just wish I had the time for it though. PSV/4 are barely getting any time as it is.

Thanks, but I live in Sweden.
Tips for what kind of HDD I should get is welcome though.
If anyone has a better suggestion then please correct me but for 2TB of storage I've currently got the Seagate portable drive akin to this and it works just fine for me. Just open up the enclosure and replace the one you have in your ps4 with this one.

Aqua Blue Vita $170 at Gamestop if anyone's interested

I spend my mornings on Slickdeals lately, sorry
Seeing this really makes me wish that the rest of the world got more colors for the system instead of just primarily black. I've been toying with the idea of importing a different colored vita but I doubt i''ll follow through on it.
Nice deal though for those who want a blue vita or a vita in general

I just read about the trouble with the dragon fin soup PS port.

I find it strange how the creators are blaming blitworks for how bad the game is on PS (the studio that has brought great ports like meatboy, fez, bastion, crypt of the Necrodancer, don't starve). I also remember reading on grim brothers forum, when the game was released, about how the game had problems on PC too and my feeling was that they released an unfinished game. I think it's kinda rude of them to go out to the press and tell them that they are not to blame for the bad playstation experience and to say that blitworks has dropped the ball when it comes to the dragon fin soup port.

I don't know much about the porting business, but I always thought that a port was made based on a finished product.

Am I getting this wrong or am I overreacting?

I don't know much about the porting business, but I always thought that a port was made based on a finished product.

Am I getting this wrong or am I overreacting?

Porting can be started at any stage of base product, and often occurs before the game is finished. It's "easier" (porting is never easy unless the engine does all the work) to port a finished product; but due to time restraints, outsourcing, and other caveats it's often the case that waiting for something to be done before you start porting isn't feasible.

Is Sony removing some of the older premium avatars from the PS4? I was able to select my old Pocket Fighter Ibuki about a month ago, but it isn't available when choosing a new avatar on my PS4 tonight. I've had the avatar for years and confirmed that it still shows up in my purchase history. I have a couple of other Street Fighter and Resident Evil avatars that are also gone.

Porting can be started at any stage of base product, and often occurs before the game is finished. It's "easier" (porting is never easy unless the engine does all the work) to port a finished product; but due to time restraints, outsourcing, and other caveats it's often the case that waiting for something to be done before you start porting isn't feasible.

I see.

Bringing this over from the Canadian deals thread, for all my neighbors and fellow Vitacats:

Not sure whether this has been posted yet. Last week I posted the Grand Kingdom deal on Amazon.ca for $99. Today I saw the Limited Edition for Stranger of Sword City for the Vita up for $89.99. Without shipping (which is usually $20 or so to Canada), the game on the NISA store converts to $82.91. Those interested may want to jump on this deal.

Top Bottom