• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | February 2016

wilflare

I could picture this honestly XD!

They don't care about the Vita doing well in EU/NA, so why bother doing anything at all, right?

......Sometimes its sad man :(.

the practical answer to that would be that Sony needs to allocate their resources effectively...

but lol

Christian

<3 Telltale

Your games may run like creamed butthole on Vita, but it's my preferred way to play them.

Hopefully they're taking the time to make them more stable. Some of the freezes during The Wolf Among Us were brutal, especially during fights, but I still enjoyed the game greatly. I really want Borderlands and Minecraft.

18-Volt

exist archive is not nisa, but it is coming. there really aren't a lot of options for publishers to be honest.

i would expect this press event to have new stuff but not really big stuff. more quantity than last year just because there won't be any big stuff. that's how 2014 was handled (although i guess danganronpa 2 was considered big).

Possible stuff for NISA:
- Night Watch
- Criminal Girls 2
- Hero Must Die (Just released in Japan)
- Mystery Chronicle: I Won't Back Down
- Operation Babel: New Tokyo Legacy

games that are yet to be released in Japan:
- KanColle Vita (lol)
- ClaDun Sengoku
- Rose and the Old Castle of Twilight
- Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain (delayed so many times)
- Kenka Bancho Otome (more suitable for Atlus or Aksys)
- New Danganronpa V3
- Demon Gaze 2 (Kadokawa self publishing?)

If we assume someone else is handling Exist Archive and NISA has "smaller but more quantity" of games, Yomawari and Criminal Girls 2 would be pretty much locks. If Shiren localization was Spike's doing, I also expect Mystery Chronicle to be released in west in some form (digital only).

Possible stuff for NISA:
- Night Watch
- Criminal Girls 2

Kenka Bancho 6 or Ukiyo no Roushi if they're feeling adventurous. Hopefully they will be on the latter :(

18-Volt

Kenka Bancho 6 or Ukiyo no Roushi if they're feeling adventurous. Hopefully they will be on the latter :(

Ukiyo's companion game was for PS3 and that would hurt its chances. I'm not surprised that no one has picked it up, two different versions, text heavy games, too much work.

Ukiyo's companion game was for PS3 and that would hurt its chances. I'm not surprised that no one has picked it up, two different versions, text heavy games, too much work.

Shush you! (Besides, I don't think they need to bring across both games... but I do think you're right, it's a lot of effort for not much reward).

I'm seriously worried that this press conference is just going to be PC stuff though. There's not really much for PS4 at the moment that hasn't already been claimed and if what Ani says about Vita is true, then PC's the only other thing that really makes sense.

Anyway, 5 days if Shizuka is right about the date, so I guess we'll see.

SerTapTap

Did anyone import that Valkyrie Drive game? Impressions? I've heard mostly bad about the anime (but also don't care about it). If it's not at LEAST as good as SK Estival Versus in general, or different enough for my brain to not compare them, it'd be hard to go back to Vita for it after EV on PS4..

Did anyone import that Valkyrie Drive game? Impressions? I've heard mostly bad about the anime (but also don't care about it). If it's not at LEAST as good as SK Estival Versus in general, or different enough for my brain to not compare them, it'd be hard to go back to Vita for it after EV on PS4..

The SK community thread had some positive impressions. It seems the combat is deeper and has more systems than SK.

Prelude.

Just downloading it now, will report back after some messing around. :)

---

Edit;

I'm back, and I played through the demo until it tossed a music video at me and kicked me back to the main menu. Took about 20 minutes or so, and I was a little long due to taking screens and messing about.

Combat system;
basic, but functional and kind of fun. There are "ram" style attacks, grabs/grapples, and straight up hits - with trigger button combos used for blocking. There's a system for bonus attributes via the slot machine and the girls, as well as power ups from getting combos and such. Pretty much as you'd expect, here.

Graphics; Looks like Senran Kagura, pretty much - anime characters with basic but decent art.

Audio; voiced script (with decent voices), and non-annoying attack sounds for the most part. Lots of heavy music to amplify the mood, and it works.

Actual gameplay opinion;
fun, but Senran Kagura is the better game from Takaki. This feels like it has less of a hook, though the environment destruction could be it depending on how the rest of the game is. Would buy it if it came over, but it wouldn't be day one.

Here's a post I dropped on TVL with a ton of screens; http://thevitalounge.net/2016/02/17/uppers-demo-now-available-on-the-japanese-psn/
Sounds good. How many characters can you try in the demo? Each one has its own combat style so it's not very fair judging it from a few characters.

SerTapTap

The SK community thread had some positive impressions. It seems the combat is deeper and has more systems than SK.

I guess that makes sense with less characters to design/balance. Might still wait for localization though. Without the limited edition's figures I probably wouldn't have imported SKEV

I guess that makes sense with less characters to design/balance. Might still wait for localization though. Without the limited edition's figures I probably wouldn't have imported SKEV

Yeah I'll wait as well, it won't disappear.
If we don't hear anything until the end of the year I'll import

Christian

I'm not very hopeful that we'll get Valkyrie Drive in NA/EU, but I hope I'm wrong. The number of games I'd like to see localized keeps getting bigger, but announcements are really few and far between. If Shiren is coming, I feel like almost anything has a chance, but I certainly can't figure out who is going to translate everything.

I'm not very hopeful that we'll get Valkyrie Drive in NA/EU, but I hope I'm wrong. The number of games I'd like to see localized keeps getting bigger, but announcements are really few and far between. If Shiren is coming, I feel like almost anything has a chance, but I certainly can't figure out who is going to translate everything.

I feel like as soon as I pull the trigger on importing it it'll get announced.

18-Volt

- VS has an English trophy list
- Marvelous Europe said that they wanted to bring the game to west
- Tom from XSEED has hinted countless of times of its localization here.

It is coming. XSEED hasn't announced their Q2/Q3 lineup yet, that could be happening very soon. Valkyrie Drive and Net High are the most likely candidates.

18-Volt

Really? Didn't he leave before the game even released?

It's a game from their parent company. They don't need to wait until Japanese release to decide localization. Game was released with English trophies, this hints that localization began before its release.

Actually, Valkyrie Drive discussion got Tom banned from gaf. He was defending it.

Prelude.

It's a game from their parent company. They don't need to wait until Japanese release to decide localization. Game was released with English trophies, this hints that localization began before its release.

Actually, Valkyrie Drive discussion got Tom banned from gaf. He was defending it.
I probably missed them, then.

shmoglish

Finished Tales of Hearts R today. Not a big Tales fan (only played the Symphonias and Vesperia for a couple of hours), but it was okay in the end. Presentation is a bit weak and some of the dungeons suck, but I had fun.

Next VitaRpg: Digimon Cyber Sleuth.

Just re-activating the consoles will be enough!

Sorry for the late answer, thank you.

SerTapTap

The localized trophies thing is probably just done because it's quick and probably saves a second submission to Sony, which might cost them more than the localizing of a few dozen lines of text. Still seems like a good hint though.

Speaking of Marvelous EU, it's kind of funny to follow them and XSeed on Twitter. Marvelous EU is a constant stream of SK, Xseed barely mentions it. In fact it's really surprising when Marvelous EU actually mentions any other game. I guess the EU really must embrace it that much more? (or maybe they just get less complaints)

Somehow that doesn't surprise me

The localized trophies thing is probably just done because it's quick and probably saves a second submission to Sony, which might cost them more than the localizing of a few dozen lines of text. Still seems like a good hint though.

Speaking of Marvelous EU, it's kind of funny to follow them and XSeed on Twitter. Marvelous EU is a constant stream of SK, Xseed barely mentions it. In fact it's really surprising when Marvelous EU actually mentions any other game. I guess the EU really must embrace it that much more? (or maybe they just get less complaints)

Marv EU just has a lot less games on their plate. They do (or did) plenty of tweets about Corpse Party Nitroplus and Popolocrois as well. Also I think Marv EU has a dedicated PR/community person, while at XSEED it's "just" a side activity.

Does anyone know if the Atelier Plus trilogy on Vita's file size is slightly smaller than the individual games? Website says 8.8GB for the trilogy and I count it as 9.1GB for the games individually.

Hutchie

joanot

I have been waiting for a deal on Darius but Im still on the fence, not having crossbuy is a bummer & I just dropped a lot of cash on sfv+stick.

Does it has online coop ?

AniHawk

Possible stuff for NISA:
- Night Watch
- Criminal Girls 2

games that are yet to be released in Japan:
- KanColle Vita (lol)
- ClaDun Sengoku
- Rose and the Old Castle of Twilight
- Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain (delayed so many times)
- Kenka Bancho Otome (more suitable for Atlus or Aksys)
- New Danganronpa V3
- Demon Gaze 2 (Kadokawa self publishing?)

If we assume someone else is handling Exist Archive and NISA has "smaller but more quantity" of games, Yomawari and Criminal Girls 2 would be pretty much locks. If Shiren localization was Spike's doing, I also expect Mystery Chronicle to be released in west in some form (digital only).

i think those are all strong candidates except maybe operation babel and mystery chronicle (i never heard of this). if they aren't at the press event, others might show up later, especially recently released games and currently unreleased games. this is not a hint at anything, just a guess.

new danganronpa v3 is probably a next year title at the earliest. also, i would expect a focus on steam in some way given disgaea pc is also releasing next week.

i think those are all strong candidates except maybe operation babel and mystery chronicle (i never heard of this). if they aren't at the press event, others might show up later, especially recently released games and currently unreleased games. this is not a hint at anything, just a guess.

new danganronpa v3 is probably a next year title at the earliest. also, i would expect a focus on steam in some way given disgaea pc is also releasing next week.

Mystery Chronicle is an extended version of the PC indie "One Way Heroics", by Spike Chunsoft. I think it would be a tough sell in the west unless it was a cheap PSN title.

EDIT actually looking at it it's more of a new game based on the same concept. I didn't even know this until now.

EDIT2: You really think CG2 is a strong candidate?

Saphirax

Mystery Chronicle is an extended version of the PC indie "One Way Heroics", by Spike Chunsoft. I think it would be a tough sell in the west unless it was a cheap PSN title.

EDIT actually looking at it it's more of a new game based on the same concept. I didn't even know this until now.

EDIT2: You really think CG2 is a strong candidate?

Been saying this for awhile, but I'm not expecting anything more than Night Watch + CG2 + PC ports.

NW is okay, but the rest...eh :p.

Shizuka

Kenya Bancho Otome would be more likely than Operation Babel? If I wasn't such a big fan of otome games, I'd be incredibly disappointed with that.

Been saying this for awhile, but I'm not expecting anything more than Night Watch + CG2 + PC ports.

NW is okay, but the rest...eh :p.

Maybe they also include HMD. Then I'd be pretty okay with it. And they also have been planning to do some VN's haven't they?

So you think there's a chance of a hero must die announcement?! :D

Saphirax

Maybe they also include HMD. Then I'd be pretty okay with it. And they also have been planning to do some VN's haven't they?

Yeah they said they would. I'd be pretty shocked if it turned out to be an otome game though. I'm all for more VNs (as long as they're not trash).

wilflare

I just hope the Asia English Vita market continues to persuade them to localise the Vita games.
PSV Digimon sold out much faster than PS4 Digimon over here

I am taking this as a hint and that would be excellent!

Prelude.

You wish :p the thirst for PSV games is real and alive here.

and it's not like people here don't spend on PS4 games... they just know the best place to play #BestOnVita
To be fair, the pre-merge asian divison was the only competent one so they didn't try to make people not buy a Vita.

AniHawk

Kenya Bancho Otome would be more likely than Operation Babel? If I wasn't such a big fan of otome games, I'd be incredibly disappointed with that.

oh i didn't see the otome. no.

i think nis titles just by virtue of them being nis titles have a bigger likelihood of coming over. i don't think they'll be announced at the press event though. maybe anime expo or just some random-ass time of the year because why not.

Top Bottom