• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | February 2016

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
So I found my new Blue Vita (which I never got a Miku gif for because I didn't tell anyone) that I lost. And now I have to finish Danganronpa finally cause I promised a friend. I also promised her I'd play DR2. When's the last time it went on sale and what price was it? Also is it any good?

So I found my new Blue Vita (which I never got a Miku gif for because I didn't tell anyone) that I lost. And now I have to finish Danganronpa finally cause I promised a friend. I also promised her I'd play DR2. When's the last time it went on sale and what price was it? Also is it any good?

Here you go:

maipHb0.gif

Can't tell you about the sale, but if you enjoy DR1, you'll probably enjoy DR2. Opinions tend to be pretty split on which is better, but I don't recall seeing anyone say they liked the first but disliked the second.

Chuy

I'm bothering Bamco for more than a year about Tales of Innocence no luck so far, lol. Only response I got from them was more than a year ago with this tweet.

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUK/status/562193992067350528

No localization for ToI and PSO2 will forever break my heart.
At this point i'd say let it go and move on. I don't think they're ever going to be localized at this point.
I'm still holding onto irrational hope as well and will continue to be disappointed that they're not localized

Last year should have taught you to look at twitter for actual announcements, not press conferences.

Hm? If this is about NISA, they still announced 3 games at their Feb press conference (DanganRonpa; Disgaea; Rodea, though the middle one was kinda already announced). I mean yeah AX was a bust, but even then they announced Witch & Hundred Knight through the PS Blog (which should've been at AX really). Was it just Stranger they announced on Twitter?

I'm thinking/hoping they'll be more coherent this year and have 3 announcements at their press conference and 3 later in the year at something like AX, or I suppose TGS since they did that one year.

I'm bothering Bamco for more than a year about Tales of Innocence no luck so far, lol. Only response I got from them was more than a year ago with this tweet.

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUK/status/562193992067350528

No localization for ToI and PSO2 will forever break my heart.

Haha. No matter how long it's been, I still want Innocence R in English.

ChrisD

Picked up Steins;Gate when it went on sale a month ago. Actually playing through it now. It's kind of engrossing, and actually has me looking stuff up on Google that sounds cool (like ionocrafts!)

Two complaints that make much too abundant in my play sessions so far:

Eh, fan service, I suppose it would fall under? Why does groping have to come up multiple times? Or the pervy discussions? Even if self-aware, they throw them around so often.

HYOOOOOOUUUUUIIIIIIINNNN KYYYYYOOOOOMMMAAAA got on my nerves after the first few times I heard it. Wish that would stop, if I'm being honest.

That said, the characters interest me enough that I remember the names. Though I can't name any character I just can't stand, in fact, I like all of them so far. Just wish the fan-service wasn't so abundant, and hope that the repetitive over the top main character tones down when/if things get more serious. It's a large dissonance whenever the group is working on some government level tech while talking about perverts, y'know?

On Chapter 5 now, and I'm really excited to keep playing. Seems the bulk of early exposition is over, as things are consistently moving now.

Prelude.

Hm? If this is about NISA, they still announced 3 games at their Feb press conference (DanganRonpa; Disgaea; Rodea, though the middle one was kinda already announced). I mean yeah AX was a bust, but even then they announced Witch & Hundred Knight through the PS Blog (which should've been at AX really). Was it just Stranger they announced on Twitter?

I'm thinking/hoping they'll be more coherent this year and have 3 announcements at their press conference and 3 later in the year at something like AX, or I suppose TGS since they did that one year.
Both XSEED and NISA.

When did they announce that SAO:HR would get a physical release on Vita?
I guess even Lost Song was successful.

I know it's really not a great metric for it, but it's hung around the UK top 20 Vita games longer than your average niche/anime game does (i.e. it's still charting now).

They also announced 100k in NA and 50k in Europe, I know they'll be mostly PS4 but it's still pretty decent going.

Who's developing it?

Aquria, the team that developed Infinity Moment/Hollow Fragment.

Artdink are Bamco's team-for-hire that they tend to throw on anime IP projects they want to be slightly-larger-in-scale than most. They've worked on Macross in the past then have done Madoka Magica/World Trigger for Vita and they developed Lost Song based on their knowledge of flight mechanics from Macross. I think they also made the Vita DBZ game.

ChrisD

Yep, you are approaching the good part now. Enjoy the ride.

Ride begun! That took a sharp turn in tone.

Time travel stories, why do I read them? My head is so jumbled right now. .-.

Steins;Gate light spoilers for Chapter 6:
The HOUOIN KYOUMA thing still bugs me, but it is touching to think Okabe was really doing it to keep Mayuri happy after her Grandmother's death. Of course, he could have stopped forever ago, but it made me sad when the reasoning was given.

If it was said a tiny bit earlier I wouldn't have minded though...

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'm playing La Mulana Ex... I would definitively like it more if it felt less random and aimless, i mean you do something and maybe somewhere something changed, maybe i don't get it but it never feels that you know exactly what you have to do and where to go next, also at the ttemple of moonlight suddenly appeared flames and i thought that something changed but it wasn't the case, sometimes graphics isn't clear enough too, i would have never destroyed a certain bar blocking a chain if i for pure luck hadn't a fairy launching shurikens at it, because it didn't look to me like something blocking the chain,

I bought a boy and his blob, i was expecting a puzzle platformer instead is just a puzzle game, well whatever, i'm not really enjoying it but i'm also not in the mood for puzzle games.

RK128

Hello everyone :D.

Happy Friday and I hope we all have great weekends :). Been playing more games for the Sonic Retrospective (Knuckles Chaotix, 3D Blast, Mean Bean Machine, soon Sonic Spinball), so not much Vita stuff.

I tried getting into La Mulana Ex when I got it vita Plus too 2+2=5 but it never clicked with me :l. The jumping controls being directly like old school Castlevana bugged me and I had no idea what I was doing X(. So, I can understand you getting lost or confused with the game.

Boy and His Blob at least looks visually amazing with its great hand-drawn animation, so that will hopefully help you push through completing more puzzles and stages :D.

Happy Friday and I hope we all have great weekends :). Been playing more games for the Sonic Retrospective (Knuckles Chaotix, 3D Blast, Mean Bean Machine, soon Sonic Spinball), so not much Vita stuff.

Same to you :)

Hyperdevotion Noire this weekend for me. I may also check out the Japanese version of Yomawari that someone lent to me.

Saphirax

The Witch and the Hundred Knight demo is up on the PSN store.

Had no idea there'd be a demo so I'm gonna give it a try.

The Witch and the Hundred Knight demo is up on the PSN store.

Had no idea there'd be a demo so I'm gonna give it a try.

Not in Germany. For some reason NISA thinks 16+ demos can't be on German PSN. Even Uncharted has one :/

Not that it's a big deal I can just get it somewhere else, but they did the same with DT2

disregarding the odd decimals, it's too expensive for a digital only game anyway.

And it sure as hell wouldn't sell on Steam for $40 either

Isn't Japanese pricing basically random like that? Maybe that's why they did it. Games are always like 6470 or 5280 Yen or something

SerTapTap

Isn't Japanese pricing basically random like that? Maybe that's why they did it. Games are always like 6470 or 5280 Yen or something

Japanese prices are weird as hell and fluctuate massively for some reason. Every time I use Amazon.co.jp the items in my cart change prices 5 times before I can place my order. I dont' get it. They must not have the ingrained attraction to ".00" or ".99" US consumers do

Shizuka

I... don't know what that is. Nor how it's related to Spike Chunsoft twitter?

It's a trailer that's cheesy and it was shared at GAF today. It came across as a joke, kinda like the Spike Chunsoft twitter had that "dankronpameme" message a few weeks ago.

Hey guys, I'm trying to get the fusion accident trophy but I'm at 98% persona pokedex already and haven't gotten any accident. If I skip the fusion scene with triangle does it block the probability of getting an accident? Or do I have to watch the whole scene? This trophy seems to be the hardest :(

ChrisD

Got an ending in Steins;Gate. It was possibly one of the earliest ones possible?
Chapter 6, Groundhog Day.

Googling around, this is like Persona 4 Golden True Ending levels of complexity kicked up to a ten.

DEFINITELY going to run back through with a guide at hand. Should I go for the True Ending first? I don't know if I'll be able to play every ending, as repetition does begin to wear on me. I presume the True is a definitive, so it seems the best plan.

Prelude.

https://twitter.com/BioMarkDarrah/status/700774710565588996

You know what to do.

Got an ending in Steins;Gate. It was possibly one of the earliest ones possible?

Googling around, this is like Persona 4 Golden True Ending levels of complexity kicked up to a ten.

DEFINITELY going to run back through with a guide at hand. Should I go for the True Ending first? I don't know if I'll be able to play every ending, as repetition does begin to wear on me. I presume the True is a definitive, so it seems the best plan.
You can get every ending but the True easily without any guide.

You can get every ending but the True easily without any guide.

That's not true, only 4/6 are easy without a guide. ChrisD, I'm going to describe how to get some of the endings easily below. I'll spoiler tag it just in case, but there's no real story spoiler in it. Once you get four endings, use a guide to get the fifth, then use a guide to get the True Ending. The True Ending is made better by having seen all the other endings first.

So, you remember a short bit back, Okabe is debating on whether or not to send a D-Mail to Suzuha? Go back to that point, and then manually open your phone and send the mail. This will lead you into Chapter 7. You will have two more very similar opportunities after this. If you do not send the D-Mail, you get that character's ending. If you do, you move on to the next chapter. After that, you will end up with one of two endings in Chapter 10, no choices required.

Hidden among the million text messages throughout the game, there are 6 true ending flags to get. If you get 0/6, you get one Chapter 10 ending. If you get 1-5/6, you get the other Chapter 10 ending. If you get 6/6, you get the True Ending. Once you get four endings doing what I described above, go ahead and look up those text messages and follow a guide to get whatever Chapter 10 ending you didn't get (probably the one needing 1-5/6 flags), and then get the True Ending.

Hope that helps!

ChrisD

I never actually opened my phone to do things manually. I just replied to stuff and replied/answered every phone prompt.

That all helps a lot, thanks! The ending I reached did leave me feeling a bit underwhelmed after all the build-up, so maybe I will just hop on another path tonight. Try another "normal" ending and see how I feel about going for anymore after that before going for True.

Also found a guide that tells the
Flags
, so between knowing what you wrote and the information it offers, maybe I will go through them all.

I never actually opened my phone to do things manually. I just replied to stuff and replied/answered every phone prompt.

That all helps a lot, thanks! The ending I reached did leave me feeling a bit underwhelmed after all the build-up, so maybe I will just hop on another path tonight. Try another "normal" ending and see how I feel about going for anymore after that before going for True.

Also found a guide that tells the
Flags
, so between knowing what you wrote and the information it offers, maybe I will go through them all.

Honestly, it's almost a misnomer to call the non-true endings "endings." This isn't like Fate/Stay Night or Fruit of Grisaia or something like that where the ending are supposed to be some level of satisfying. You're supposed to be unsatisfied. In my opinion, they are as much a part of the story building up to the True Ending as the content that isn't in an "ending." So I would really encourage you to view all the other endings before the True Ending.

As far as the phone,
now that you've seen one ending, it will actually give you an indicator at any time you can manually do something with your phone. The little arrow at the end of the text will turn into a little cell phone tower, if I recall correctly. So that'll make it easier to spot where you can branch into an ending.

Top Bottom