• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | February 2016

deadfolk

Damn.

I'm getting towards the end (probably) of Steins;Gate atm myself, and not looking at these spoilers is killing me!

I have 2 endings so far. Think I'm approaching the third and reckon I know how I got here, so at least one more should be easy.

I hope I don't need a guide for any. Feels like cheating.

Damn.

I'm getting towards the end (probably) of Steins;Gate atm myself, and not looking at these spoilers is killing me!

I have 2 endings so far. Think I'm approaching the third and reckon I know how I got here, so at least one more should be easy.

I hope I don't need a guide for any. Feels like cheating.

Unless you feel like trying to play through the game 100 million times, you're going to need a guide, unfortunately. I agree that it feels like cheating at first, but as soon as you look at it, you'll be thankful you did. Getting the True Ending is seriously ridiculous.

Past

I am on chapter 3 in Steins;Gate and didn't follow a guide, am I fucked on getting the platinum without having to replay the game? Didn't know there were so many missable trophies...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Funny thing about playing Stiens;Gate.

On my first time through I actually got a couple of the flags and tried to open up my email to manually send it, but must have fucked it up (it was 5am in the morning and I was just playing it out to see if the game was really ending) and got the regular ending.

I am chapter 3 on Steins;Gate and didn't follow a guide, am I fucked on getting the platinum without having to replay the game? Didn't know there were so many missable trophies...

The game auto-saves at each Chapter, which makes it easy to jump around, plus there's a button that you can push that lets you skip through text you've already seen super-fast. So just play through the game normally and enjoy the process. Going back and mopping up the trophies after you've already experienced the story shouldn't take more than a couple hours at most, probably less.

Past

The game auto-saves at each Chapter, which makes it easy to jump around, plus there's a button that you can push that lets you skip through text you've already seen super-fast. So just play through the game normally and enjoy the process. Going back and mopping up the trophies after you've already experienced the story shouldn't take more than a couple hours at most, probably less.

Yeah, I am just not going to bother using a guide until I beat the game then. There's just way too much stuff that are easily missed, it'll take out the enjoyment if I have to follow a guide.

deadfolk

Unless you feel like trying to play through the game 100 million times, you're going to need a guide, unfortunately. I agree that it feels like cheating at first, but as soon as you look at it, you'll be thankful you did. Getting the True Ending is seriously ridiculous.

Hahahaha! Muahahahahaha!

Absurd! An insane mad scientist never uses a guide! This is the choice of Steins Gate.

Yeah, I'll probably use a guide after getting the other endings.

Prelude.

Turns out Attack on Titan Vita is a pretty nice port after all. Performance is actually really good, it's no DW for sure, and environmental textures are way better than I tought. The only "bad" thing is that buildings in the distance use (very) low res textures that snap to the high res ones when you get close enough so it'd have probably benefited from a few more levels of detail in order to avoid this UE3-ish effect. But hey, if that's why performance is so solid then good for them, it's not really a big deal.

VGP+ will carry the asian physical print for Gundam Extreme VS (Vita). Now I won't have to deal with Play-Asia for a little longer.
VG+ saving the day again.

Ambitious

I added Firewatch and the Firewatch Theme to my download list a few hours ago. I just turned my PS4 on, and of course, Firewatch isn't there. The download failed because apparently the connection was lost. Tell me, PS4 firmware, why didn't you try to reconnect?

Oh well. 65 minutes left. Great.

(The theme has been downloaded, though.)

RK128

Turns out Attack on Titan Vita is a pretty nice port after all. Performance is actually really good, it's no DW for sure, and environmental textures are way better than I tought. The only "bad" thing is that buildings in the distance use (very) low res textures that snap to the high res ones when you get close enough so it'd have probably benefited from a few more levels of detail in order to avoid this UE3-ish effect. But hey, if that's why performance is so solid then good for them, it's not really a big deal.

Thank you for the impressions Prelude! Sounds like Temo-Koei did a great job getting the game to run on Vita. Getting this when its localized, so looking forward to it. Considering how you are fighting in open areas and have giant foes to fight, its impressive it runs well on Vita and looks great :).

I am wondering what series to make a Retrospective on after Sonic, and I'm feeling one more, PlayStation focused is a good move :). When I finish covering the Sonic series (still have ALOT of games left to cover), going to start one on the Ratchet Series, as its the 15th Anniversary of the series this year!

Not sure when I'm officially going to start making threads for the series but I'm feeling April will be a good time :D. Hope you all look forward to them!

Prelude.

Thank you for the impressions Prelude! Sounds like Temo-Koei did a great job getting the game to run on Vita. Getting this when its localized, so looking forward to it. Considering how you are fighting in open areas and have giant foes to fight, its impressive it runs well on Vita and looks great :).
I don't have the game, btw. You can check it out here, those guys are uploading a Vita (PSTV) playthrough.

Been playing a bit of Irregular at Magic High School: Out of Order this weekend. I'm having to use google translate a lot more than I did on Gundam Breaker and it's janky and the camera is bad, but I'm strangely enjoying it.

Been playing a bit of Irregular at Magic High School: Out of Order this weekend. I'm having to use google translate a lot more than I did on Gundam Breaker and it's janky and the camera is bad, but I'm strangely enjoying it.

Played the demo for it, and it seemed kind of promising but was very shallow. Does the game open up after all the tutorial jank, or is it still very restrictive?

Played the demo for it, and it seemed kind of promising but was very shallow. Does the game open up after all the tutorial jank, or is it still very restrictive?

Not especially. I don't know how much the demo contains but I believe it's the tutorial level and then a free battle? The game isn't much more than that to be honest - there's 4 person battles, and then there's capture the flag and this weird destroy the target mode. Both the latter two modes are pretty crap (CTF is frustrating because the CPU knows where the flags are whereas you likely won't).

So that leaves free battle mode, which I find a lot of fun but can't really deny is objectively janky and frustrating. You'll be fighting the camera a lot; the lock-on flits all over the place regularly.

But y'know, as a fan of the anime it's fun to see the characters duking it out with each other and it's got that OTT Japanese game fun to it. It reminds me of Destrega from the PS1 just running around these outdoor environments chucking magic spells at each other (it's like a jankier J-Stars). So not overly recommended, but if you're ever in the mood it can be fun.

Is today the day for the NIS America conference?

Tomorrow I believe.

Clive

I think it's wise to keep expectations in check regarding most of NISA's Vita titles. They're either just released in Japan or not even released in Japan. If they're coming over for any platform, it will likely be later on. NISA also normally publishes maybe 4-5 new games per year and we know 2 of their future ones.

I could definitely see Yomawari happen but none of the others, at least not yet.

All their games aren't announced at this conference either.

RK128

I think it's wise to keep expectations in check regarding most of NISA's Vita titles. They're either just released in Japan or not even released in Japan. If they're coming over for any platform, it will likely be later on. NISA also normally publishes maybe 4-5 new games per year and we know 2 of their future ones.

I could definitely see Yomawari happen but none of the others, at least not yet.

Hopeful that at least they consider bring over Hero Must Die this year or in 2017. That looks promising, so would love to play that at some point :).

Otherwise....at a loss at what they would bring over (are they the publisher for Toko Xandeu?) but open to be surprised :D!

Hopeful some good stuff is announced at this event regardless :D!

18-Volt

This year they don't have a Disgaea game, so more games should be expected. Disgaea really takes a lot of their time. This year could be similar to 2014 event, where we got total of 4 announcements; 2 of them were Vita games.

I expect Exist Archive for summer, plus Yomawari and Criminal Girls 2 for summer/fall. We might get Operation Babel if we're lucky, I'm sure Experience Inc would push their game for a western release.

NISA's other event is usually at Anime Expo in July. We can expect stuff like Her Must Die, Coven and Cladun there, I hope.

Anyone help me out here?

Just bought DJ max portable 3 on PSN and am getting error c1-2858-3

Have tried rebuilding the database and also re-downloading the game.

All my other games work (Vita, PS1, PSP).

Kinda at my wits end.

Anyone help me out here?

Just bought DJ max portable 3 on PSN and am getting error c1-2858-3

Have tried rebuilding the database and also re-downloading the game.

All my other games work (Vita, PS1, PSP).

Kinda at my wits end.

Have you tried a system restore? Sounds like it might be a corruption of sorts, maybe with regards to something other games don't evoke on load.

Turn your Vita off, pop out the memory card, boot it into the safe mode screen, and select restore. You'll have to re-setup your Vita, but aside from chalking it up to "the game's fucked right now" it's the last step I'd take.

I have a sealed UMvC3 Vita copy, and I kinda want to play it, but I don't know if I should open it. It's hard to find a seal copy, but I don't know if there really is any value in that.

Should I just open it, VitaGAF ?

Have you tried a system restore? Sounds like it might be a corruption of sorts, maybe with regards to something other games don't evoke on load.

Turn your Vita off, pop out the memory card, boot it into the safe mode screen, and select restore. You'll have to re-setup your Vita, but aside from chalking it up to "the game's fucked right now" it's the last step I'd take.

Thanks I'll give it a go.

Edit: that didn't work :(

I can understand keeping your expectations in check, but I don't understand the rest of your post.

There's two of their games that haven't just released in Japan (Criminal Girls and Yomawari) and NISA don't just pick up internal titles, they pick up third party stuff too, which opens up a whole load of other games which 18-volt and I keep listing on here.

I can understand what you're saying in that there's far more releasing in the coming months which we're more likely to hear about later in the year, but there's still stuff they can pick up now.

Also, they release far more than 4-5 new games a year - they used to regurarly release 8 or so (9-10 including remakes). Take 2014 for example: DanganRonpa 1 & 2; Demon Gaze; Fairy Fencer F; Natural Doctrine; Neptunia Idol; Mugen Souls Z; Battle Princess of Arcadias (which is 8) plus they released Disgaea 4 remake too (so 9 total).

Are the PS2 Classics on UK PSN still messed up in terms of frame pacing issues, or have they been fixed now?
I have money on PSN, and I wouldn't mind getting a few, namely Dark Cloud, Dark Chronicle, and PaRappa 2, but I don't want to bother if they have performance issues compared to their actual PS2 releases.

Are the PS2 Classics on UK PSN still messed up in terms of frame pacing issues, or have they been fixed now?
I have money on PSN, and I wouldn't mind getting a few, namely Dark Cloud, Dark Chronicle, and PaRappa 2, but I don't want to bother if they have performance issues compared to their actual PS2 releases.

I remember reading somewhere on gaf that they fixed it a few weeks ago, now every game is 60 fps.

18-Volt

Any chance NISA grabs Luminous Arc Infinity if the usual suspects passed?

No one else but XSEED can localize Marvelous games.

XSEED is a really picky company, only chooses games that they love/know about. They might skip Luminous Arc in favor of bringing Ys 8 or Story of Seasons 2 earlier. Tom from XSEED said no one in the company is familiar with Luminous Arc, so chances might not be as good as other Marvelous or Falcom games.

Net High and Valkyrie Drive will be localized, though.

RK128

So many unplayed games but I'm doing my NG+ run on Trails of Cold Steel for the Platinum.

That game is just too good

I understand that feeling XD! Playing through all the Sonic games which I played through many times while my Vita backlog is waiting for me to go back to a number of games :').

Its nice that you love Cold Steel so much, means that you really enjoying your time with the game and want to see every bit of the full game.

VLiberty

I'm almost done with Strider, I think I'm close to the end. I really wish the levels were with a bigger focus on action and platforming... the metroidvania structure did no favours to the game and on the other hand it feels like they didn't care to make compelling platforming and action sections.

The boss fights are basically the best thing about this game although they're rather easy on medium difficulty.

Clive

No one else but XSEED can localize Marvelous games.

Has someone from Xseed/Marvelous actually said that? Obviously it makes sense that Xseed is the first company to get the chance but if they pass it up then it would seem like a win/win situation to let someone else do it. Aksys for example did Muramasa for the Vita to give a recent-ish example of a Marvelous property going to someone else in the west.

Same for Idea Factory, Aksys published two of their visual novels in the west just last year in spite of IFI existing.

18-Volt

Has someone from Xseed/Marvelous actually said that? Obviously it makes sense that Xseed is the first company to get the chance but if they pass it up then it would seem like a win/win situation to let someone else do it. Aksys for example did Muramasa for the Vita to give a recent-ish example of a Marvelous property going to someone else in the west.

Same for Idea Factory, Aksys published two of their visual novels in the west just last year in spite of IFI existing.

XSEED is owned by Marvelous. They even gave Harvest Moon games to XSEED despite it cost them its well known name. I don't think they'll let anyone to localize their games after that.

So I beat Digimon last night; took me 68 hours and 5 minutes of play time.

I wonder how many more 'til the platinum
(there are some grindy fucking trophies.)

Clive

XSEED is owned by Marvelous. They even gave Harvest Moon games to XSEED despite it cost them its well known name. I don't think they'll let anyone to localize their games after that.

Then there is still nothing concrete that speaks against NISA, Atlus or Aksys localizing Marvelous' games. Aksys did it in 2013 with Muramasa and nothing has seemingly changed.

Xseed or no one might be the most likely scenario but there is absolutely no proof that it's the only one.

Then there is still nothing concrete that speaks against NISA, Atlus or Aksys localizing Marvelous' games. Aksys did it in 2013 with Muramasa and nothing has seemingly changed.

Xseed or no one might be the most likely scenario but there is absolutely no proof that it's the only one.

...but isn't Muramasa just Marvelous published in Japan, and Luminous Arc Infinity is joint Marvelous + Felistella developed?

Takao

Banned
XSEED and Marvelous EU almost certainly have right to first refusal on all Marvelous JP games. I don't know why Marvelous JP would turn away external publishers interested in games their western branches don't want. They're not Square Enix, Konami or Sega.

Clive

Edit: this message came off as kind of rude but there is no clear evidence that Marvelous does not license their games to others. In fact, they did so in 2013 with Muramasa Rebirth which Aksys published in America. On the PS Store page for Muramasa it is made clear that it is licensed to Aksys by Marvelous. We don't know if this policy has changed.

Top Bottom