• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | February 2016

The only games I can think of would be the two Exp inc drpgs, other than that not sure.

Well should they want Vita stuff, from N1 they've got Yomawari, Criminal Girls 2 & Hero Must Die, though the latter will only have been out for a couple of weeks by the time of the press conference. There's also Rose and the Castle of Twilight; Coven and the Labyrinth of Refrain and Cladun Sengoku but none of those will be out by the press conference.

Then there's Operation Babel (like you say), though I don't see that being announced before Stranger is out (if it releases at all, Abyss didn't seem to sell too well).

All of it's pretty small scale though, which is what makes me worry that they'll have gone after more high-profile stuff with PS4 SKU's like Exist Archive (not that I don't want that game) and then will just fill the rest of their lineup with PC porting. Which would be a shame if all this stuff slipped through the cracks.

Edit: Top of the page, pre-order Trillion God of Destruction!

Not a thing. Which is really odd. No idea why they'd mention their VN focus and then...bring no VNs west.
I suppose it might have to do with the tendency for VN developers to take an unusually long time with negotiations? From what I hear, that's been the case for a good number of those companies.

Saphirax

Well should they want Vita stuff, from N1 they've got Yomawari, Criminal Girls 2 & Hero Must Die, though the latter will only have been out for a couple of weeks by the time of the press conference. There's also Rose and the Castle of Twilight; Coven and the Labyrinth of Refrain and Cladun Sengoku but none of those will be out by the press conference.

Then there's Operation Babel (like you say), though I don't see that being announced before Stranger is out (if it releases at all, Abyss didn't seem to sell too well).

All of it's pretty small scale though, which is what makes me worry that they'll have gone after more high-profile stuff with PS4 SKU's like Exist Archive (not that I don't want that game) and then will just fill the rest of their lineup with PC porting. Which would be a shame if all this stuff slipped through the cracks.

Edit: Top of the page, pre-order Trillion God of Destruction!

I hope they do manage to acquire some games from other companies. Outside of their own parent company they've slim pickings elsewhere even if we were to include Exist Archive.

I suppose it might have to do with the tendency for VN developers to take an unusually long time with negotiations? From what I hear, that's been the case for a good number of those companies.

While that may be true, they could've brought SH seeing how that VN is published by NIS and since it's horror the Danganronpa audience would eat it up.

I hope they do manage to acquire some games from other companies. Outside of their own parent company they've slim pickings elsewhere even if we were to include Exist Archive.

Ukiyo no Roushi has been waiting since January for someone to pick it up! :(

(But more seriously, I think that's the problem for them at the moment. The majority of "achievable" games from other companies are on Vita at the moment, but if what Anihawk is suggesting is true, they'll be looking for more titles with PS4 SKU's or with the potential to port to Steam, which really limits things and means some stuff will get overlooked. Which sucks).

But, their press conference is just a few weeks away now (hopefully), so I guess we'll see! As long as it's not completely PC-porting focused, I'll be happy.

The reply was retweeted by a PQube guy. I hope they're not just trolling us really hard

NHgwdGg.png

RK128

I'm out of the loop with this but what is PQube hinting at? Is if that CalDun game that was recently announced or something?

I think they are the ones localization Ray Giant (please correct me if I'm wrong), so they are great in my book already :).

Christian

I'm out of the loop with this but what is PQube hinting at? Is if that CalDun game that was recently announced or something?

I think they are the ones localization Ray Giant (please correct me if I'm wrong), so they are great in my book already :).

Chaos;Head. Another game in the same series as Steins;Gate.

Saphirax

That's Acttil. PQube is Steins;Gate. They've been hinting at Chaos;Head for awhile now.

Arthos

Still getting through Steins;Gate and now that Digimon is out, I'm not sure if I'll be finishing it up anytime soon. Still, an announcement for another Vita game is always great to hear.

So is it worth getting a copy of Natural Doctrine? Seems it's becoming a bit rare. Any good?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Attack on Titan running on Vita (and PS3):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cnznmmvBtI

Looks... good. No performance issues at least, although a bit pop-in/not-great-textures.

Has been confirmed to be getting Asian-English release and was revealed at Gamescom, so I'd expect this in the west before summer is over.

Imo it could have looked better, especially if compared to the ps3 version, but i'm ok with that, i'm more worried about the lack of close ups.

Prelude.

Performance wise it looks solid however can't say the same thing about the enviorment, everything looks so flat.
That's just how the game looks on all platforms. You're not supposed to stare at the ground and it needs to run well.

Imo it could have looked better, especially if compared to the ps3 version, but i'm ok with that, i'm more worried about the lack of close ups.
Of the characters? They look good. 5 fps alert, it was on niconico.

It's just me or the 3ds game of attak on titan looks even better than the vita version of the new game?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Arj6iK57FA

EDIT:
DP sorry.
Not even close.

Powwa

That's just how the game looks on all platforms. You're not supposed to stare at the ground and it needs to run well.

Lol, what? It's not just the ground, except the main character everything else looks ugly on that footage. You are telling me to not to look at anything else besides the main character?

Of course there will be sacrifices in certain areas to have a solid framerate on handheld, I never said I expected something on par with PS4 version.

batrush

drained another evening on dragon quest builders. not fond of minecraft nor dq but I find this addictive as hell.

E4W2KDX.jpg

Crypt of the NecroDancer Vita - Excellent rougelike that is tons of fun. You really have to study the different enemies to progress. It has just the amount of progression to your character between runs to keep it interesting. Undecided if the rhythm gimmick adds to it or is unnecessary. Sometimes I think it is genius to pulse along to the excellent music. Other times I think it is a good enough rougelike that it doesn't need the gimmick especially since it always pulses along to a steady beat and you really don't need to listen to the music. Vita version is excellent. PSTV compatible. Good manually triggered internal cross save.

E4W2KDX.jpg

Crypt of the NecroDancer Vita - Excellent rougelike that is tons of fun. You really have to study the different enemies to progress. It has just the amount of progression to your character between runs to keep it interesting. Undecided if the rhythm gimmick adds to it or is unnecessary. Sometimes I think it is genius to pulse along to the excellent music. Other times I think it is a good enough rougelike that it doesn't need the gimmick especially since it always pulses along to a steady beat and you really don't need to listen to the music. Vita version is excellent. PSTV compatible. Good manually triggered internal cross save.

Have you played as the Bard? He is not bound to the beat and I think it makes the game much less interesting.

Prelude.

Lol, what? It's not just the ground, except the main character everything else looks ugly on that footage. You are telling me to not to look at anything else besides the main character?

Of course there will be sacrifices in certain areas to have a solid framerate on handheld, I never said I expected something on par with PS4 version.
No, I said that it looks flat and barren on all platforms, that's just how the game was built. Making pretty environments was clearly not the priority. That's probably one of the worst looking areas, though.
But I mean, you can't do that much when the source material is just a brown city, a brown training camp and a forest.

5taquitos

Guys, can we talk about how this is the second week in a row where the store has updated by 9 AM PST?

Is this the new management shakeup at work? Is GCT a thing of the past?

Powwa

No, I said that it looks flat and barren on all platforms, that's just how the game was built. Making pretty environments was clearly not the priority. That's probably one of the worst looking areas, though.
But I mean, you can't do that much when the source material is just a brown city, a brown training camp and a forest.

Yes you are right on that front, AoT is mostly brownish. And overall I think it doesn't look too great on PS4 so far either but just look at the trees on the Vita version, lol. I'll probably wait for reviews before buying it.

Play-Asia has shipped my Digimon a few days ago, I'll try the DLC's when it's here. I hope it's true.

Prelude.

Exactly. And this is a Vita tree.
http://i.imgur.com/hw2tas7.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
It doesn't look worse? I don't know. It's a different kind of tree but it looks just as basic to me.

[quote="YianGaruga, post: 194705393"]on GAF

[url]http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=194679884&postcount=15118[/url]

Just looking for a second source as confirmation[/QUOTE]
I see. Well, my vg+ copy didn't even ship yet so I won't be able to confirm it for a while.

Prelude.

I just got my today, import from play-asia, R3 Asian English, according to the code voucher, "account holder must be Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, and Indonesia." so I guess no.
He was talking about the dlc, not the voucher, that's tied to the regional store since it's a code.
What he means is the dlc downloaded from the EU store working on the asian physical copy.

LMN

He was talking about the dlc, not the voucher, that's tied to the regional store since it's a code.
What he means is the dlc downloaded from the EU store working on the asian physical copy.

I see, my bad, I just tried downloaded the free DLC, I'm on US acc, so can't confirm for EU acc, but at least it doesn't appear to work with US acc.

Clive

So is it worth getting a copy of Natural Doctrine? Seems it's becoming a bit rare. Any good?

Haven't played it yet but it's known to be very difficult and with complex but maybe poorly explained mechanics. I have seen people claim it's both the best and the worst game on the Vita. Very strong and very mixed opinions.

Prelude.

I see, my bad, I just tried downloaded the free DLC, I'm on US acc, so can't confirm for EU acc, but at least it doesn't appear to work with US acc.
Further proof that it might really be EU-compatible.

Wasn't that the bugged dlc though? Or was it something else?

LMN

Further proof that it might really be EU-compatible.

Wasn't that the bugged dlc though? Or was it something else?

Didn't really follow the news about the bug, so I'm not sure about that, however, the free DLC that I downloaded is called "Mission Pack 1"

Prelude.

Didn't really follow the news about the bug, so I'm not sure about that, however, the free DLC that I downloaded is called "Mission Pack 1"
There were some people that reported a few bugs on both platforms related to some dlc but I'm not sure which one was it. It wasn't a big deal though.

There were some people that reported a few bugs on both platforms related to some dlc but I'm not sure which one was it. It wasn't a big deal though.

I think that was actually either a misunderstanding or has been fixed. All the pre-order DLC has been rolled into one DL list entry that is named incorrectly but it seems people can access it now.

Top Bottom