• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2015

Hey guys, have a question that I couldn't find answered in other threads (on mobile I suck at navigating right now)

The past two weeks I've been without any internet connection due to moving and Verizon pushing my installation date back. I have over 50-60 games downloaded on my PS4 but without internet I could only access the recent ones on my home screen. Once I accidentally pushed one of those off by inserting a disc or whatever, that game would become unavailable as well.

The only thing I've come up with while searching is to have the PS4 as your primary but I've always had it as my primary since 2013. I double checked this by bringing my PS4 to my parents house and confirming it was set to primary. I was able to access all my games once I got there and when I got home, it went right back to being unavailable. Was I doing something wrong or are those games not on the home screen unavailable without internet?

Hey guys, have a question that I couldn't find answered in other threads (on mobile I suck at navigating right now)

The past two weeks I've been without any internet connection due to moving and Verizon pushing my installation date back. I have over 50-60 games downloaded on my PS4 but without internet I could only access the recent ones on my home screen. Once I accidentally pushed one of those off by inserting a disc or whatever, that game would become unavailable as well.

The only thing I've come up with while searching is to have the PS4 as your primary but I've always had it as my primary since 2013. I double checked this by bringing my PS4 to my parents house and confirming it was set to primary. I was able to access all my games once I got there and when I got home, it went right back to being unavailable. Was I doing something wrong or are those games not on the home screen unavailable without internet?

Go to the library and it should be there.

Go to the library and it should be there.

Oh yeah, the games were there in the library but when I went to launch the installed games from the library it told me I couldn't access the content and suggested I connect to the internet to play them. When I did a google search, all the forums suggested that the console needs to be set as Primary but mine was. It didn't bother me because it allowed me to beat a couple of games that I could access on the home screen, just curious as to if anyone else experienced this.

SerTapTap

Oh yeah, the games were there in the library but when I went to launch the installed games from the library it told me I couldn't access the content and suggested I connect to the internet to play them. When I did a google search, all the forums suggested that the console needs to be set as Primary but mine was. It didn't bother me because it allowed me to beat a couple of games that I could access on the home screen, just curious as to if anyone else experienced this.

Try a license restore, it's somewhere in the settings...account settings maybe? failing that, try safe mode and a database rebuild, I couldn't launch same games in my Library once and that fixed it. They should make the PS4 auto-rebuild database overnight every once in a while, it's fast, harmless and fixes a surprising amount of stuff.

autoduelist

I make my own party in Disgaea so I may end up the same...still learning the ropes so far here though. I'll do a few missions with the starter people then cull them and make my own team I guess

honestly, i'd just make my own party real fast. roll till you get a 7 or 8, drop a couple points into phys, and the rest into spd/spirit/str based on class, and call it a day.

but from the sounds of people a bit further than me, once you hit the initial level cap of 15 for the first part of the game, there is plenty of time to train up a 'real' team if you'd prefer, so i suppose sticking with the default team is fine for now.

it took awhile for the game to resonate with me, but i'm really enjoying it right now. note that the issue wasn't the game, ever, but just that i only am putting 15-20 minutes in a day so it never was getting a fair shake.

e7jk5ut.jpg

Zombie Army Trilogy should be more awesome. You not only kill zombies. You kill Nazi zombies!!! It is awesome for about 2 hours. Then it becomes the most tedious game ever. It wants you to snipe and watch slow mo kills but as awesome that is at first it eventually gets old. No real story. Multiplayer was dead and I couldn't find a game. Get it cheap for 2 hours of cheap thrills if you must.

7D4lYRr.gif

I think I found my GOTY. It is Rocket League. So much fun. Can't stop playing even with my hands hurting. The game needs to be less fun so people stop overloading the servers.

GOTY Working List
1. Rocket League
2. Helldivers
3. Geometry Wars 3 Vita

Tapejara

e7jk5ut.jpg

Zombie Army Trilogy should be more awesome. You not only kill zombies. You kill Nazi zombies!!! It is awesome for about 2 hours. Then it becomes the most tedious game ever. It wants you to snipe and watch slow mo kills but as awesome that is at first it eventually gets old. No real story. Multiplayer was dead and I couldn't find a game. Get it cheap for 2 hours of cheap thrills if you must.

ZAT is a lot of fun, but it doesn't have the best pacing. Some levels are genuinely awesome though. Most of the fun can be had in co-op, so if you don't have anyone to play with it can feel tedious at times - especially with the less than stellar checkpoint system. Only downside with co-op is that X-ray Killcam is disabled.

From what I've read and seen (and heard I guess), Code: Realize sounds like a really good game even for not-otome fans. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna end up buying it.

https://youtu.be/ExmxYIKkBe8

Just saw the three trailers that Aksys tweeted as well and this was the only one that seemed interesting. The people have silly names though. Herlock Sholmes?

I always wanted to try an otome anyway just out of curiousity.

Tapejara

Just saw the three trailers that Aksys tweeted as well and this was the only one that seemed interesting. The people have silly names though. Herlock Sholmes?

You take that back! Herlock Sholmes is an amazing name.

Prelude.

They probably can't use the real name considering that this game is filled with this kind of "not-characters".

Watched the trailer, this clearly seems more aimed at the otome audience than anything. Otome's not my thing lol, I wish we got other kinds of VN more often. And good ones I mean.
Well, it is an otome but it doesn't necessarily mean that it's gonna be full fujoshi.
I read this review shortly after they announced it for the west and that made me interested. It's clearly made to be enjoyable by a broader audience since it's not just pretty boys doing pretty things.

Also, Finis should be a main character, just saying.

RK128

I think that when I'm done with it, Ar nosurge Plus might be a strong contender for GOTY for me.

Okay, I will really look into this game for sure now if its really that good :D! If the game comes out in 2015 (which I expect it will), Persona 5 will likely be my game of the year and from the games I played this year (....not many 2015 games :l), I guess Shovel Knight might fit that too.

My GOTY is probably going to be The Witcher. I really can't see anything topping just how much I enjoyed that game.

On the handhelds, I'm willing to give an early prize to Danganronpa. After watching a bit of the Kinda Funny footage I am sold, the game is not only a looker on the system, but it also seems like a ton of fun. Kodaka saying the the emphasis on the story is heavy just like in the other games also put a huge smile on my face.

This is actually the only thing preventing me from buying Ar no Surge...

The time it takes to read that whole thing I could be playing other stuff, watching shows, going out, etc. Maybe in the Winter I'll give it another try, but in the Summer the last thing I want to do is be at home reading a "book"... I already do that for college all year round.

Shizuka

This is actually the only thing preventing me from buying Ar no Surge...

It's actually impressive you can read such an intriguing and captivating story like Ciel nosurge for free, with images and videos along with the text. Read the first chapter and see how it goes, without any commitment.

RK128

The time it takes to read that whole thing I could be playing other stuff, watching shows, going out, etc. Maybe in the Winter I'll give it another try, but in the Summer the last thing I want to do is be at home reading a "book"... I already do that for college all year round.

The summary is that long? Might read tomorrow :). Will be a great way to kill some time and considering I'm an English major, it would be smart to read some things to keep my mind fresh until the fall XD.

Really cool that a summary like that is for free online; very nice and cool :).

Producer

I think that when I'm done with it, Ar nosurge Plus might be a strong contender for GOTY for me.

High five, ar nosurge was def my favorite rpg of 2014. I still need to get physical Ar nosurge Plus, i feel like im pushing my luck every day that passes..

The summary is that long? Might read tomorrow :). Will be a great way to kill some time and considering I'm an English major, it would be smart to read some things to keep my mind fresh until the fall XD.

Really cool that a summary like that is for free online; very nice and cool :).

It is quite long. It has videos too for you to watch so it's a somewhat interactive read, nonetheless it won't just take a few hours to read and watch everything. If you have the time and patience go for it, I couldn't do it,

Shizuka

I thought about picking it up on the PS3 initially, but this route seems more up my alley. Is it digital only unless you get the limited edition set?

That's correct. Play-Asia and VGP+ have the limited edition available, in case you missed the NISA pre-order.

Chuy

Kinda hyped now for the gravity rush sequel regardless of what platform it hits. I finally got around to finishing the main story (i believe so? feels like there's still stuff to do regarding the story) after spending hours just having fun exploring the world and probably will spend more still exploring. Truly a marvelous game

Also kinda loving all the games being announced/localized for the vita as of late. Makes me happy to see my favorite platform get some love. Hope more games are on the way.

Shizuka

Thank you! The LE is still available on Amazon too, through a 3rd party, but damn, I don't think I can justify $30 more for some extra stuff I literally don't want.

The stores I listed are cheaper, even though it'd take a week or so to arrive if you live in the US.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I haven't even played it, and I know MGSV is going to be my GOTY. EDF Invaders from Planet Space and EDF 4.1 will follow.

I probably said nearly the same thing to myself before MGS4 came out. I was dead wrong. Hell I played EO II that WEEK and it was a better game.

Now don't get me wrong, 5 is an odd numbered game and doesn't look to be making the same mistakes that killed 4 in my mind, but then again, I haven't played the final product.

wilflare

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's PS3 legacy support that hurts PSN so damn much. They basically built the thing on the fly for PS3, and it shows.

wilflare

It's PS3 legacy support that hurts PSN so damn much. They basically built the thing on the fly for PS3, and it shows.

honestly... a friend reminded me that if there were to fix all those issues - they may just remove PSN support for the Vita as well

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If Vita was a more popular platform for online play then they'd probably leave the PS3/PSV part open and start up a separate network for PS4, but yeah, I expect them to close this version of PSN in two to three years and move on with PS4+ only.

_woLf

This probably isn't the place for this question but I don't want to make a thread for it and am not really sure where else to ask.

Both of my PS4 controllers have the rubber on the top of the sticks tearing off. As of last night both controllers have it so severe that it's causing problems with gameplay, so I contacted sony support about it today.

First thing I was told was to reset my PS4 controllers. Yeah dude, because that's going to miraculously fix the rubber tearing off.

Next I was told I'll need to send in my entire console for the repair. Is this really something I have to do? This seems highly unnecessary.

Finally, after bringing that up with the support agent, I was told "Either do it our way or go buy another controller yourself." Direct quote. The guy actually said that.

I am completely shocked at how piss poor that support chat went. Wow. What is the best option..? It seems to be a common issue.

RK128

This probably isn't the place for this question but I don't want to make a thread for it and am not really sure where else to ask.

Both of my PS4 controllers have the rubber on the top of the sticks tearing off. As of last night both controllers have it so severe that it's causing problems with gameplay, so I contacted sony support about it today.

First thing I was told was to reset my PS4 controllers. Yeah dude, because that's going to miraculously fix the rubber tearing off.

Next I was told I'll need to send in my entire console for the repair. Is this really something I have to do? This seems highly unnecessary.

Finally, after bringing that up with the support agent, I was told "Either do it our way or go buy another controller yourself." Direct quote. The guy actually said that.

I am completely shocked at how piss poor that support chat went. Wow. What is the best option..? It seems to be a common issue.

You don't have to buy new controllers at all, but you do need to get stick-covers for your sticks not though. You can find them anywhere on Amazon, E-Bay and even a few GameStops (remember seeing them there at one point...).

You don't need to send your console in, as this issue has nothing to do with your console, just the controller.

It sucks Sony didn't do a good enough job ensuring quality for the DS4 Sicks' Rubber, but its a lot better then the stick snapping off or something :(. Sorry for your issue and I hope this helps you somehow :).

_woLf

You don't have to buy new controllers at all, but you do need to get stick-covers for your sticks not though. You can find them anywhere on Amazon, E-Bay and even a few GameStops (remember seeing them there at one point...).

You don't need to send your console in, as this issue has nothing to do with your console, just the controller.

It sucks Sony didn't do a good enough job ensuring quality for the DS4 Sicks' Rubber, but its a lot better then the stick snapping off or something :(. Sorry for your issue and I hope this helps you somehow :).

I wish I didn't have to buy stick covers - my experience with them is that they always make the sticks feel way more bulky/clunky. Are there any that are thin enough to not change how the sticks feel..?

RK128

I wish I didn't have to buy stick covers - my experience with them is that they always make the sticks feel way more bulky/clunky. Are there any that are thin enough to not change how the sticks feel..?

I never used them before....but from what I saw on Gaf in response to this issue (a sadly, very common one :(), there are a lot of different stick covers to chose from. Take a look on Amazon or E-Bay and see if anyone's look good enough for you :).

Arthos

My LE Ar NoSurge should be arriving tomorrow. I'm going to have to see when I start reading the Ciel summary.

Super Stardust Delta has yet to go on sale, right? I'm thinking of picking that up.

Bowl0l

honestly... a friend reminded me that if there were to fix all those issues - they may just remove PSN support for the Vita as well
Hopefully Sony don't remove PS3 and PSVita PSN support. At least PS3 can download PSP games. It will be a nightmare for Vita owners if PSN support is removed since PS3 support will not last that much longer.

Top Bottom