• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2015

Shizuka

I have so many games in my backlog, I have to stop buying games for a while man. The game does look interesting....is it an action RPG or is it more in line with something like say, Persona 4 Golden or Tales of Hearts R?

I saw the thread of the game and its looks quite interesting :). Might give it a shot once my backlog clears up a lot XD.

It's a Gust game, just like the Ar Tonelico games (specially Qoga, for the PS3). It's a great little game, one of the nicest JRPGs I've played on the system, specially after reading the Ciel nosurge summary.

I'm waiting for my CE... which I'm probably not unsealing :/

I'm lucky to land a gig that lets me keep some of my limited editions sealed.

Everyone played it on ps3

What's a PS3?

Yeah, the 10 of us.

IT SOLD VERY WELL OKAY

The limited edition did very well for Koei Tecmo and NISA, it didn't bomb completely.

I thought about it. But then I took an arrow to the knee someone pushed me into Atelier Rorona Plus instead.

Hi Vylash~.

You monster, Rorona Plus has been on sale in the past, Ar nosurge Plus is fresh from the oven

RK128

It's a Gust game, just like the Ar Tonelico games (specially Qoga, for the PS3). It's a great little game, one of the nicest JRPGs I've played on the system, specially after reading the Ciel nosurge summary.

Will look into it then once I beat more of my games :). Thank you for the heads up Shizuka :D! I guess another series I will be into thanks to Gaf.....you guys are awesome for getting people into franchises.

Persona, SMT, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, Sword Art Online, Tales Of; so many game franchises I got into thanks to you guys :D.

And sorry if this is late but happy birthday :D! Hope you had a great day :).

Shizuka

Will look into it then once I beat more of my games :). Thank you for the heads up Shizuka :D! I guess another series I will be into thanks to Gaf.....you guys are awesome for getting people into franchises.

Persona, SMT, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, Sword Art Online, Tales Of; so many game franchises I got into thanks to you guys :D.

And sorry if this is late but happy birthday :D! Hope you had a great day :).

Just remember to read the Ciel nosurge summary before the game, it's quite the ride, and thanks!

How's the Ciel reading going, birthday-girl?

I finished it yesterday, it got really long by the end but it was worth it. I wouldn't start Ar nosurge Plus before reading it all.

Vylash

I thought about it. But then I took an arrow to the knee someone pushed me into Atelier Rorona Plus instead.

Hi Vylash~.

hi pariah stop failing at easy gathering quests

You monster, Rorona Plus has been on sale in the past, Ar nosurge Plus is fresh from the oven

Ar nosurge is spectacular but Arland is more important

I hate you two and your fucking shitty avatar.

image.php

JJP12

I feel VitaGAF is neglecting Ar nosurge Plus.

Made it to the final chapter of Ciel. The story has been much crazier than I thought it'd be. I'm enjoying it quite a bit and I should be able to start the game tomorrow. Pretty excited to finally play it!

Xenoflare

What is the exact deal with Atelier games? I kept searching to see if I need to play it in order I get different responses.

Are they *actually* related as in the timeline and characters are connected through games?

Vylash

What is the exact deal with Atelier games? I kept searching to see if I need to play it in order I get different responses.

Are they *actually* related as in the timeline and characters are connected through games?

there are 2 trilogies on PS3 right now, Arland and Dusk, there's no relation between games outside of their respective trilogies

don't play the Dusk games

Just play Atelier Totori or wait for the next game(Atelier Sophie) because it's the beginning of a new saga.

I'm just waiting longer for my Ar No Surge CE because I had to pay it late, instead of it shipping out on time. I can't think of another retailer that would work with me like that, though.

Had to seriously rethink my Vita buying habits after these 3 years of collecting, and slow down some, but J Stars should be here tomorrow. Looking at Persona 4 DAN after that, maybe pick up a few other imports between then and now.

Pretty sure it's not.

Lame. I saw a Mac version when I was searching, thought there might be a way or an alternative through one of those homebrew ones I've seen people mention.

So I'm having a dilemma over which game to buy for the Vita. Narrowed it down between these games.

Dangan Ronpa
Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends
Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3
Blazblue Chronophantasia Extend
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva 2nd
Tales of Hearts

Currently, I'm planning to only get one game for now. If anyone can help recommend a game for me to buy from that list, I'd appreciate it.

You have proved nothing. Try harder.

Mrgrgr.
200_s.gif

So I'm having a dilemma over which game to buy for the Vita. Narrowed it down between these games.

Dangan Ronpa
Tales of Hearts

Currently, I'm planning to only get one game for now. If anyone can help recommend a game for me to buy from that list, I'd appreciate it.

Danganronpa. Pretty sure everyone else will say the same :p

Shizuka

Dangan Ronpa
Tales of Hearts

Demon Gaze. I guess it it has to be from that list, it can be Danganronpa.

Dangan Ronpa
Tales of Hearts

Hatsune Miku Project Diva F 2nd. And since you should be able to find it for ~$20, get Danganronpa as well so everyone is happy :p

Dangan Ronpa
Tales of Hearts

I would say danganronpa, but in the recent Ultra Despair Girls playstaion blog post, NISA pleased that there is a sale for 1 & 2 coming soon. So if you would prefer to wait for that, I'd say Miku.

Danganronpa. Pretty sure everyone else will say the same :p

Demon Gaze. I guess it it has to be from that list, it can be Danganronpa.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva F 2nd. And since you should be able to find it for ~$20, get Danganronpa as well so everyone is happy :p

I would say danganronpa, but in the recent Ultra Despair Girls playstaion blog post, NISA pleased that there is a sale for 1 & 2 coming soon. So if you would prefer to wait for that, I'd say Miku.

If there is supposed to be a sale for Dangan Ronpa in the coming future, I think I can hold off on purchasing it. For now Miku looks is the game I'll likely be purchasing soon. If anyone has any other recommendations, feel free to share.

Vylash

If there is supposed to be a sale for Dangan Ronpa in the coming future, I think I can hold off on purchasing it. For now Miku looks is the game I'll likely be purchasing soon. If anyone has any other recommendations, feel free to share.

dude go buy Danganronpa right now, this isn't even a contest, it's the best use of your money by far

autoduelist

Dangan Ronpa
Tales of Hearts

I wasn't a fan of Danganronpa at all, but as a general rule I don't like VNs. I enjoyed zero escape VLR but only because I like the 'mini-game' (room escape puzzles)... I didn't enjoy the trials in Danganronpa so there really was nothing there for me.

I don't like rhythm or fighting games, so I wouldn't know about Diva or Blaz.

Of the musou games, I've only played DW8XL so far, and it's quite enjoyable. Cool system for unlocking new characters that gives you reasons to replay levels, cool combo attacks, etc.

Chariot

If I play on my Vita when I am out of home, will it record achievements? I just looked at Rorona and saw that I only have one, which doesn't seem right. I am currently at the third assignment, got the feeling that I at least stumbled about one more.

If I play on my Vita when I am out of home, will it record achievements? I just looked at Rorona and saw that I only have one, which doesn't seem right. I am currently at the third assignment, got the feeling that I at least stumbled about one more.
yes but you may have to sync them manually to your online profile. Does it only show one trophy on the vita itself?

Lunar FC

Say their was a username on psn that I want. Should I create another account now to claim it, hoping that if psn ever allows name changing I can transfer it over to my main account. Or should I just wait it out and pray nobody else takes it?

kng3025

Beat Grim Fandango yesterday on my Vita. Had it since the last time it went on sale( a few months ago I believe) but didn't get around to playing it until three days ago or so. What an amazing game. Game had me laughing throughout the story. Can't believe it took me this long to experience this masterpiece. To be honest, if it wasn't on the Vita, I probably would not have played it. Also got me Broken Age, so I'll be jumping right into that for some more point and click goodness.
Vita=life

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
LBP3 worth picking up? It's half off this week but I am kinda wary about buying it since it got mixed reviews.

SerTapTap

Um... well, I always make my own party in drpgs. I'm assuming you're using the default party based on your question? I believe you can change looks, but the stat rolls are fixed I'm sure. But you can easily change classes, too... so even the starter party should be fairly modifiable. They just generally are 'all purpose' characters, not necessarily totally stat'd up quite as well as making them yourself would do.

I make my own party in Disgaea so I may end up the same...still learning the ropes so far here though. I'll do a few missions with the starter people then cull them and make my own team I guess

Is Vita CMA compatible with Chromebooks?

No, native windows app (or mac, I think)

I feel VitaGAF is neglecting Ar nosurge Plus.

I couldn't get into Knell of Ar Ciel or whatever and the LE didn't move me so I didn't bother. Plus I don't really need to be getting into more JRPG series, I don't even want to know how many unfinished Vita RPGs I Have now. Operation Abyss, Demon Gaze, Rebirth 3 and barely even started P4G (yes I am the only non-persona fan on the board)

New Makai Shin Trillion video this time showing Mamon in action
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHz123Qme2M
Few more weeks to go.. hopefully LE arrives fast.

Definitely getting this one though, love the characters. That monster umbrella thing is great

LBP3 worth picking up? It's half off this week but I am kinda wary about buying it since it got mixed reviews.

If you play it with a friend or create levels/play created levels, yes. The co op is fun as always (I recommend local if possible), the new characters are pretty fun and control nicely, the new creation tools are great. The campaign isn't the best, but it's still worth it as long as you're not planning to ONLY play the campaign and only solo.

It's not BAD or anything though (at least, not now that the bugs seem to be all fixed--it was bad at launch). Every LBP after 1 has the same review problem: it will never be as amazingly original as the first (and reviewers do not seem to care about the creation abilities) so they end up being judged in that light.

Say their was a username on psn that I want. Should I create another account now to claim it, hoping that if psn ever allows name changing I can transfer it over to my main account. Or should I just wait it out and pray nobody else takes it?

I wonder this myself, it seems risky as often a "claimed" user ID is permanently gone in cases like that but it depends how Sony does it.

Ideally, they could just do the Steam method and make userID somewhat irrelevant

Top Bottom