• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2015

RK128

Hopefully Sony don't remove PS3 and PSVita PSN support. At least PS3 can download PSP games. It will be a nightmare for Vita owners if PSN support is removed.

I.....just cannot picture Sony pulling the plug on PS3 and Vita regarding PSN; the former grew into such a digital platform while the latter IS a digital platform, that shutting down both would lead to horrific results X(.

Many, many games playable on Vita (through PS3-Vita transfer) would be gone, we could not-redownload our games, and online support for games like Uncharted 3 (PS3) or Killzone Mercenary (Vita) would be gone.

They WILL face backlash if they pulled this and likely break a number of laws in the process regarding the retainment of content, software and even IP ownership (in the case of Independent Developers and smaller publishers).

If they want to fix PSN, start and stick with PS4. Leave the PS3 and Vita alone and ensure us that the servers work and we can access our games. If that happens, people will be fine.

If I lose access to my 240+ Collection of Vita games.....I, I will have a LOT to say with Sony :l.

I.....just cannot picture Sony pulling the plug on PS3 and Vita regarding PSN; the former grew into such a digital platform while the latter IS a digital platform, that shutting down both would lead to horrific results X(.

Many, many games playable on Vita (through PS3-Vita transfer) would be gone, we could not-redownload our games, and online support for games like Uncharted 3 (PS3) or Killzone Mercenary (Vita) would be gone.

They WILL face backlash if they pulled this and likely break a number of laws in the process regarding the retainment of content, software and even IP ownership (in the case of Independent Developers and smaller publishers).

If they want to fix PSN, start and stick with PS4. Leave the PS3 and Vita alone and ensure us that the servers work and we can access our games. If that happens, people will be fine.

If I lose access to my 240+ Collection of Vita games.....I, I will have a LOT to say with Sony :l.

I don't know man, they did it with PSP Go.. didn't they? I just don't trust them anymore. And I have so many Vita games purchased.. they also pulled PSM.

VLiberty

Oh shiet, SSARB is just 2,49€. Since I don't have a PS4 yet I might just get that one.

Does anyone know if SSARB servers are still up?

Prelude.

I bought a game.

999934oqk.jpg

Wait, what's that underneath? How did this happen?

SerTapTap

Beat Nekoburo Catsblock last night, some of the last levels are tough. Clocked in at 2 and a half hours to beat the story, 100% would probably add another couple hours to go back and earn all the medals and furniture. Worth the $8 for the cuteness IMO. I honestly wish more games were this short (and priced to match), I won't be clearing any of my other Vita games within a week.

Xcom (probably) and Necrodancer are great news

Hopefully Sony don't remove PS3 and PSVita PSN support. At least PS3 can download PSP games. It will be a nightmare for Vita owners if PSN support is removed since PS3 support will not last that much longer.

With PS3 still doing well in Japan? Its' not going to happen, probably not within PS4's lifetime. And Vita? Hell no, only idiots who think "vita has no gaems" earnestly believe the Vita PSN is in danger. Sony is not going to pull the rug under a platform regularly selling in the top 10 games in their home country. Plus, do PS Now games have online access? They may have to keep it on even longer if only for that.

Comparisons to PS mobile (low support, surely abysmal sales, frequent source of derision, was always it's own ghetto and the actual mobile aspect of it failed earlier) and PSP (PSP store was TERRIBLE and games are still accessible) are unwarranted.

Hikami

zzz
Need to take a break from Tales games, playing 3 in a row is starting to get me fatigued.

Nier is supposed to be good right? Might get that next.

Ventara

zzz
Need to take a break from Tales games, playing 3 in a row is starting to get me fatigued.

Nier is supposed to be good right? Might get that next.

Nier is AMAZING! Though if you've played 3 RPGs in a row, maybe something from another genre would be best before playing Nier.

NieR has a ton of problems, but it is indeed one of the greatest gems of last gen.

It does not have a ton of problems. It has a few aspects that could've been improved on.

I'm keeping my expectations for that in check. Not gonna expect anything close to what Nier is, but hoping for the best.
With FF XV, KH3, NieR2, and FF VII:RE Square can redeem all the mistakes they have made of late for me. I understand that these won't be releasing all at once, but if they come in a somewhat timely manner without any hiccups like the ones we got these past few years, I will welcome them back into my heart.

NolbertoS

Whats going on with the PS Vita support?? I can't even find Brandish, Megaman X4 and X5 to download, even though they were available a couple of months ago?? Are publishers delistin there games on the Vita store now, slowly?? Feels frustrating that the Vita store is now in danger of slowly dying.

Ventara

With FF XV, KH3, NieR2, and FF VII:RE Square can redeem all the mistakes they have made of late for me. I understand that these won't be releasing all at once, but if they come in a somewhat timely manner without any hiccups like the ones we got these past few years, I will welcome them back into my heart.

I'm still waiting on buying a PS4 for FF15. That game is gonna be my system seller, and if SE deliver on it, then they will indeed redeem themselves in my eyes. And if Nier 2 actually turns out to be amazing...oh man, I shouldn't go there. That might be hoping for too much.

Hikami

Hmm.. The game was pretty hard to find for a reasonable price.
Nier is AMAZING! Though if you've played 3 RPGs in a row, maybe something from another genre would be best before playing Nier.
Problem isn't really with RPGs, I can play those consecutively. Tales games are just pretty similar to each other..
Ordered it and won't be here til Tuesday though so maybe I'll try something in another genre til then. Been playing nothing but RPGs lately now that I think about it.

SerTapTap

Has Nier gone up in price since the Nier 2 announcement?

Whats going on with the PS Vita support?? I can't even find Brandish, Megaman X4 and X5 to download, even though they were available a couple of months ago?? Are publishers delistin there games on the Vita store now, slowly?? Feels frustrating that the Vita store is now in danger of slowly dying.

Calm down and check the webstore and remote download from there, or download list if it was a recent purchase. The Vita store is a terrible mess to find things but that doesn't always mean the item is gone. In fact I avoid the Vita store almost always unless I need to use the recent download list to grab something that didn't auto-download.

Even the PS4's store isn't that great. IMO they should jsut focus on making auto-download amazing (it is on PS4, less so on Vita) and try and funnel people to the webstore.

Khronico

Been playing A LOT of demon gaze the past few days. Almost finished up the Grimodar Dungeon area which I assume is pretty close to the end?

It's a fantastic game but I think I'm getting a bit tired of it after playing so much in such a small time frame. I'll probably move on to another game once I finish the main story arc.

Can't you still access your download list on PSP?

As of a year ago, you could, and the PSP is a full 7 years older than the Vita. The PS3 is only a year newer than the PSP, but it still has games coming out for it. I can't see them possibly even considering shutting down the PSN for either of those systems for several more years at the absolute minimum. And if they don't replace the Vita, games will keep coming out for it for many years due to the Japanese handheld market, which will force them to keep the Vita PSN going.

I just can't see fear of them shutting it down as anything more than a tinfoil hat theory at this point.

RK128

I bought a game.

Wait, what's that underneath? How did this happen?

Well, at least you finally got the game despite your dislike of the VA :). Hope you enjoy it and have fun :D! I remember putting 200+ hours into the game and beat the game 5 times....in one month, and that month was when I got the game XD.

Xcom plus for vita rated in korea too, maybe it's real! I can't wait to play it. :D

That is real cool; RTS games are a natural fit for the Vita thanks to the touch screen, so I hope that the port is a solid one :). Guess this, Civilization and hopefully Bioshock 1 will all be coming to the Vita within the year if they are direct ports of the mobile iOS versions.

RK128

Just got NepReb2 and Nep U from Play-Asia, now I'm done for the month.

Have fun with them and both are solid games :D!

Rebirth 2 is an improvement over Rebirth 1 due to its more stable difficulty curve but the humor is a bit worse then Rebirth 1 (due to the main cast being gone for a good chunk of the game).

Nep U is a fun action game that takes some pages from the SK series (the cloths tearing mechanic) and out of all the currently released spin-offs in the Neptuina series, U is the strongest of them all thanks to some fun gameplay.

Gotta get both of them at some point.....

SerTapTap

I know PS3 is always mocked here but a Disgaea 3,4 and D2 collection is coming to the US on disk for PS3. I think EU already got this (or was that Atelier, or both)

Have fun with them and both are solid games :D!

Rebirth 2 is an improvement over Rebirth 1 due to its more stable difficulty curve but the humor is a bit worse then Rebirth 1 (due to the main cast being gone for a good chunk of the game).

The chirper jokes are better in Rebirth 2 IMO.

ryseing

Expansion packs always made more sense for LBP. Shame the dreadful launch and cross gen kinda screwed this one up. It'd make a lot of sense for there to be one LBP game per console per gen and expand on it with DLC packs.

I'd be fine with that if LBP3 was a Media Molecule game. While decent, it's missing...something that MM brought to the table. Your idea would be better applied to a MM LBP4.

SerTapTap

this is slightly less dumb than the atelier and neptunia collections since d2 doesn't have an upgraded port, but it's still very dumb
Not everyone has a Vita either. It's like 80 million install base to ~10m or something. Though I assume most Disgaea fans buy titles at release, I certainly do.

I'd be fine with that if LBP3 was a Media Molecule game. While decent, it's missing...something that MM brought to the table. Your idea would be better applied to a MM LBP4.

I honestly don't think LBP really needs MM at this point and MM's effort is certainly better spent on not- LBP (not any sequels, basically). The world and general gameplay ideas are what made LBP special, unless they were to completely start from scratch I don't see how they could really improve it in a way worth spending their time.

MM is an inventive studio not an iterative one. If their game is expandable, like LBP, by all means pass it off to another developer IMO. I love LBP but I wouldn't take a somewhat better LBP3 over Tearaway.

I have yet to see it go on sale. Also I checked (just a few days ago) and psprices.com shows that the game hasn't gone on sale in their time parameters (looks like a few years, but I could be wrong). That's for NA though. I know nothing of Europe's doing.

Edit: https://psprices.com/region-us/game/12230/disgaea-afternoon-of-darkness link
Thanks. I checked that site as well but saw nothing in the time they have been tracking. Guess I'll just pick it up at some point.

bobohoro

I just wrapped that game up last week and was so happy to finally be done. It started out good enough but it was so boring by the end of it. I just felt obligated to finish it since I had already invested so much time into it :(

Yeah, I kinda want to be done with it sooner rather than later as well. I'm close to getting the evolved-soma-spaceship-thingy and when I think about revisiting all the places for little sidequests, I already lose all motivation to continue. The world, its locations and NPCs is just so totally uninspiring and boring, I could care less to fly around and see it all again for meaningless stuff.

I guess I'll just push through to the end, shouldn't take that long, and maybe get back to it for a NG+ on a later date. But that's something I tell myself about every Tales game and I've never played on twice, even those I really liked. That said, Hearts R isn't bad, it's just not very good either.

RK128

Yeah, I kinda want to be done with it sooner rather than later as well. I'm close to getting the evolved-soma-spaceship-thingy and when I think about revisiting all the places for little sidequests, I already lose all motivation to continue. The world, its locations and NPCs is just so totally uninspiring and boring, I could care less to fly around and see it all again for meaningless stuff.

I guess I'll just push through to the end, shouldn't take that long, and maybe get back to it for a NG+ on a later date. But that's something I tell myself about every Tales game and I've never played on twice, even those I really liked. That said, Hearts R isn't bad, it's just not very good either.

I'm up to the part where you are in the soma-heart tree thing and now I am getting a bit annoyed (my party is 45-47 and I keep dying :l)....the game I guess loses steam toward the end due to the 'climax' being not that interesting.

You restored the girls emotions so......that should be it, right? Nope, the world is in danger and you have to SAVE THE WORLD! Very generic but whatever.

I guess once I'm done where I'm currently at in the game (after level-grinding a bit), will explore the hub and see if I'm still interested enough to beat the game. I should be, as I enjoy the game a lot, but still, its a shame that its loosing steam so close to the end :(.

Might as well post this here. With all the rumours of 2K Ports to Vita, someone reminded me of 2K Drive, a Lucid Games (i.e. ex-Bizarre Creations devs) racing title inspired by PGR that released for iOS.

I wondered what the chances of it coming to Vita were, so I tweeted Lucid, who responded almost immediately (which was nice of them):

https://twitter.com/LucidGamesLtd/status/619610494534594562

They said chances were low because it's a 2K IP, but they'd love to do it. So maybe if we drummed up a bit of interest at 2K, they'd consider it.

I'm a big fan of racing games on handhelds so I'd definitely love this, kinda feel like I'm in quite a small minority though.

cyborg009

Banned
Might as well post this here. With all the rumours of 2K Ports to Vita, someone reminded me of 2K Drive, a Lucid Games (i.e. ex-Bizarre Creations devs) racing title inspired by PGR that released for iOS.

I wondered what the chances of it coming to Vita were, so I tweeted Lucid, who responded almost immediately (which was nice of them):

https://twitter.com/LucidGamesLtd/status/619610494534594562

They said chances were low because it's a 2K IP, but they'd love to do it. So maybe if we drummed up a bit of interest at 2K, they'd consider it.

I'm a big fan of racing games on handhelds so I'd definitely love this, kinda feel like I'm in quite a small minority though.

Tbh I would rather see nba 2k5 16 get a port instead.

autoduelist

Super Stardust Delta has yet to go on sale, right? I'm thinking of picking that up.

It's worth full price for sure.

Hopefully Sony don't remove PS3 and PSVita PSN support. At least PS3 can download PSP games. It will be a nightmare for Vita owners if PSN support is removed since PS3 support will not last that much longer.

I'd say zero chance they'll do this. It's honestly not worth the energy to fret about, it's... just not going to happen. Both are thriving ecosystems. Vita might not have the overall unit sales Sony wants but the digital game sales are still solid. There's no scenario in which simply removing psn support for the ps3 or vita makes sense unless we're talking 10s of years from now.

I don't know man, they did it with PSP Go.. didn't they? I just don't trust them anymore. And I have so many Vita games purchased.. they also pulled PSM.

No, you can still buy games on the web and use your download list to grab them. They simply stopped supporting the store on psp, which is fair, because you can't maintain code forever... eventually it simply doesn't make sense. Having the web store + download list is a fair solution. But i don't see even that happening to the Vita for... 10 years,minimum? Something like that. Longer if they can keep remote play successful through ps5.

That is real cool; RTS games are a natural fit for the Vita thanks to the touch screen, so I hope that the port is a solid one :). Guess this, Civilization and hopefully Bioshock 1 will all be coming to the Vita within the year if they are direct ports of the mobile iOS versions.

Xcom isn't RTS. it's turn based, more of a srpg or (tactical)rpg than anything else, with a bit of an overworld meta-game going on as well.

autoduelist

So.

I just finished The Order 1886. In all my years gaming, I have never seen such an unfair treatment of a game by gaming journalists. [Don't get me wrong, it's okay to dislike a game and say so... but 20s? 50s? That's for broken carcasses of games and The Order is not that... The fact that it's got a lower metacritic than something like the short, broken, unfinished, budget feeling Homefront, or the bot trainwreck that was Brink, or plenty of other truly broken games, is absurd. ]

Anyway. I really enjoyed it. Solid mechanics, solid story, solid characters [and I usually hate game plots]. Some QTE during cutscenes, but nothing major and plenty of other games do that (including well loved franchises).

I have no idea how some people beat it as quickly as they claim; perhaps on easy, or something... hard presents quite a challenge at times, especially in later missions. Lengthwise it didn't seem particularly shorter than a CoD or Uncharted, etc. Perhaps it was, but again, it didn't feel much shorter than, say, CoD Ghosts, which I just finished (although obviously that has online if you want it).

Very glad I gave it a chance.

Top Bottom