• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2015

SerTapTap

The 10% coupon is my only issue with this sale, it's pretty meh and you kind of have to queue your purchases for one big buy to make it worth it and/or buy "retail" games digital, while I tend to only buy digital only content on PSN and I buy it as it comes out not all at once. Would prefer PSN credit, especially since I'm probably going to be buying all 4.

Um top of page. PLAY promotion for some, Neptunia Rebirth 3 for others!

kevin1025

Banned
And here I thought I had a lull to finish some backlog games during August. :( Those discounts and prices are perfect (for me, since I planned on getting all of them anyway). I guess there's loads of stuff to play until Until Dawn now!

For $12, I feel like it might be time for me to play Journey. $16 seems a bit pricey for a new version of a flash game I used to play for free, and the other two aren't jumping out at me as must-plays. The 10% of coupon really isn't doing much to convince me to get a second game either.

Journey is a great experience and playing it when a lot of new people are online would probably be the best chance you'll ever have of playing it "the right way". N++ and Galak-Z both look really interesting as well and I'll get at leat one of them if not both, unless something is seriously wrong with them.

kunnikuman

Neo Member
And that is a shame :(. But considering all of those games really 'use' the PS4's power, I guess it isn't that bad. Besides, N++ will hopefully be getting a Vita port down the line, so PS4 owners who get that might also get a Vita version of the game for free latter down the line.

Sony might do a Vita-centric indie sale in the future too (as a ton of indie games come to the Vita :D), so that will make up for the PLAY 2015 deal not having Vita content.
Tons of indie games left Vita and will continue to do so.

I wish you did stop giving us so much positive presumptions when you know its not going to happen ever. I think there is very little chance for Vita ports later so don't buy expecting vita version down the road.

These Play promotions are such a scam when you won't even know how well the games will run.

I wish you did stop giving us so much positive presumptions when you know its not going to happen ever. I think there is very little chance for Vita ports later so don't buy expecting vita version down the road.

New indies are annoounced for Vita practically every week and the N++ port is a possibility, as the dev has said. No need to be so ultra pessimistic.
These Play promotions are such a scam when you won't even know how well the games will run.
Just like every pre-order then?

Tizoc

The 10% coupon is my only issue with this sale, it's pretty meh and you kind of have to queue your purchases for one big buy to make it worth it and/or buy "retail" games digital, while I tend to only buy digital only content on PSN and I buy it as it comes out not all at once. Would prefer PSN credit, especially since I'm probably going to be buying all 4.

Um top of page. PLAY promotion for some, Neptunia Rebirth 3 for others!

Wait what 10% coupon? Is it up now?

Bowl0l

Better wait for the reviews then. Those discounts will be a faint memory if it gets added to IGC. Unless Sony starts leaving out Vita from the IGC...

Tohsaka

SerTapTap

Very few indie games have launched with major perf/etc issues that I can recall. Other than the helldivers thing. Depending, reviews may be out just before release too, though I would personally prefer "first week discount" over "preorder discount". Was going to buy these anyway though, and 3 of 4 are exclusives so it's not like there will be a better port elsewhere.

Can't see them dropping Vita from IGC any time soon, they might just reach farther back for indie, first party or digital-only titles to distribute. IMO they should bundle Vita/PS TV with a year of PS+ as "24 free games for a year subscription included!". But then there's a lot of marketing opportunities for Vita Sony's slept on (PS4 remoteplay bundles, you idiots)

Wait what 10% coupon? Is it up now?

No it's replacing the cash back in the Play promo this year, so you'll get it after that concludes I guess. Buy any two of the games to get it I think.

Ordered Dying Light because of the amount of praise Kinda Funny's Colin Moriarty gives it. Having looked it up, the game's reception was quite great and not too long ago it got a patch that upgraded the visuals too. Any folks here havy any opinions on it to share with me? I'm pretty hyped for it lol. Should arrive to my place before I finish work, so I plan on playing tonight.

Tizoc

No it's replacing the cash back in the Play promo this year, so you'll get it after that concludes I guess. Buy any two of the games to get it I think.

Kinda lame, granted the money back isn't huge but it was nice to have.

Then again...I could use it to drop down the price of a game I want...

kunnikuman

Neo Member
New indies are annoounced for Vita practically every week and the N++ port is a possibility, as the dev has said. No need to be so ultra pessimistic.

Just like every pre-order then?
Every pre-order elsewhere can be cancelled, or returned but with PS Store, no. A possibility that's next to nothing.

Was going to buy these anyway though, and 3 of 4 are exclusives so it's not like there will be a better port elsewhere.
What 3 of 4 are exclusive? They won't be better than PC versions and isn't a huge upgrade from ps3.

What 3 of 4 are exclusive? They won't be better than PC versions and isn't a huge upgrade from ps3.

Galak-Z, N++ and Rapture are exclusive for now.
Feel free to wait for the PC version in a few months and wait for impressions before you get them.

No one is forcing you to buy them on PSN now.

RK128

But like people said, the N++ developer expressed interest in a Vita port :l. So, its not like I was lying, I was telling the truth.

And you are right, the Vita ports of indie games can have odd quality at times, but they still come to the Vita :).

Will take a break for a while in posting here :(. Don't want to spread any more false positiveness or anything going forward. The Vita is doomed after all, despite how much I and many others love it and the fact games are still coming to the platform. .

SerTapTap

Feel free to wait for the PC version in a few months and wait for impressions before you get them.

Only GalakZ is getting a Windows version to my knowledge, and Journey is technically PS3 too but it's still a PS exclusive. N++ is a PS4 exclusive with no apparent plans to port anywhere but Vita, and rapture is full exclusive now that Sony Santa Monica is publishing it.

kunnikuman

Neo Member

My point here is that they aren't exclusive if they have a PC version coming also. That's false information. Who said I am being forced, Im just stating my opinion (and facts) on the subject . Can't I do that?

kevin1025

Banned
My point here is that they aren't exclusive if they have a PC version coming also. That's false information. Who said I am being forced, Im just stating my opinion (and facts) on the subject . Can't I do that?

I think the saying exclusive comes in usually when it involves consoles, with console exclusives and such. You're right in the sense that it isn't truly exclusive, but in the console space, it would be.

kunnikuman

Neo Member
I think the saying exclusive comes in usually when it involves consoles, with console exclusives and such. You're right in the sense that it isn't truly exclusive, but in the console space, it would be.
So they'll find a way to make it "exclusive" when it isn't even?

So bizarre

Another Vita game announcement, Digimon World: Next Order. Only scans right now so can't post anything.

It's sooooo dead

So bizarre
It's at least "timed exclusive". As in you can only get it on PS4 for a certain amount of time.

It's not a hard concept to understand.

kevin1025

Banned

So bizarre

Tomb Raider is being called an "Xbox holiday exclusive", the word is being thrown about in a lot of different ways lately. But yeah, with all the deals being made by all the different players, exclusive can mean a few things now.

Tizoc

So, I just noticed something strange.
I was looking for Resident Evil 2 on Vita, can't find it on the store (only RE1 and RE3 appear), so I looked for it in webstore...and two Resident Evil 2 appear.
One with the "Platinum" icon, and one with the classic cover without grey border. PSN lists as purchased the second one, while I can purchase again the "Platinum" version.
So, what happened here?

Allow me to investigate!
Keep in mind that you are searching ona Tuesday which is when the US Store updates.
Or are you checking the EU store?

kunnikuman

Neo Member
It's at least "timed exclusive". As in you can only get it on PS4 for a certain amount of time.

It's not a hard concept to understand.
So we went from exclusive to "console exclusive" to "timed exclusive". lmao

I don't I ever said it was hard concept to understand about TIMED exclusive.

Tomb Raider is being called an "Xbox holiday exclusive", the word is being thrown about in a lot of different ways lately. But yeah, with all the deals being made by all the different players, exclusive can mean a few things now.

But what I replied to was someone saying "exclusive", not console exclusive, timed exclusive or xbox/playstation exclusive or xbox/ps summer exlusive.

Tizoc

Eu store.

Let's investigate....

OK my guess:
One with plat. border is likely the 50 Hz PAL ver., the other is the NTSC ver.

Might be an error with the server as they may have planned on releasing the PAL ver. of RE2 but in time were able to put up the NTSC ver.

zadig

Neo Member
There are way too many Vita games I want to play for my poor wallet to cope. ;( I made the mistake of downloading the Taiko no Tatsujin demo and now am having a hard time deciding between that and P4 Dancing All Night as I can only get one (at most). It doesn't help that I've also been eyeing Bakumatsu Rock Ultra since it was announced. I'll probably spend ages agonizing, and then end up not ordering any of them from indecision. ORZ

kunnikuman

Neo Member
There are way too many Vita games I want to play for my poor wallet to cope. ;( I made the mistake of downloading the Taiko no Tatsujin demo and now am having a hard time deciding between that and P4 Dancing All Night as I can only get one (at most). It doesn't help that I've also been eyeing Bakumatsu Rock Ultra since it was announced. I'll probably spend ages agonizing, and then end up not ordering any of them from indecision. ORZ
IA/VT

Shizuka

Bakumatsu isn't a rhythm game like the other ones, don't get it if that's what you're looking for. Same for P4DAN judging that it's a rhythm game, but with Persona songs. I'd get Taiko or IA/VT.

zadig

Neo Member
Bakumatsu isn't a rhythm game like the other ones, don't get it if that's what you're looking for. Same for P4DAN judging that it's a rhythm game, but with Persona songs. I'd get Taiko or IA/VT.

I don't think I'm coordinated enough to manipulate the analogue stick and press buttons at the same time for IA/VT, so would rather wait and hope they release a demo.

Yeah, from what I've gathered Bakumatsu is supposed to be mostly visual novel? But it looks hilarious, and there seems to at least be a free mode. I'm mostly torn between P4DAN and Taiko. On the one hand it's P4, but on the other hand the Taiko demo was fun and there'd be more variety in songs. Maybe I should eat cup ramen for a month and get both. XD

Shizuka

I don't think I'm coordinated enough to manipulate the analogue stick and press buttons at the same time for IA/VT, so would rather wait and hope they release a demo.

Yeah, from what I've gathered Bakumatsu is supposed to be mostly visual novel? But it looks hilarious, and there seems to at least be a free mode. I'm mostly torn between P4DAN and Taiko. On the one hand it's P4, but on the other hand the Taiko demo was fun and there'd be more variety in songs. Maybe I should eat cup ramen for a month and get both. XD

Get Taiko.

Vylash

P4DAN is the only answer

kunnikuman

Neo Member

Taiko has better track list and more replay value.

I actually like the new Digimons' design more than the soon to be localized one. Will definitely buy that after some impressions from beta teste erm japanese fans.

Fingers crossed for the vita version to cross the pond too but I also need to think how SCEA / BN might screw vita only users like me. BN deals in mysterious ways with the vita while SCEA treats it like a red head stepchild. I'm in SCEJA's territory so I can see it release here, but most probably in Chinese/Korean/Japanese only T_T. Bamco releases games for the PH distribution with Japanese langauge in it sometimes (e.g. GE2 / GE2RB, those Gundam Breaker games) so I'm really treating this game as a russian roulette with regards with the language this game releases here.

Lol at Galak-z vita getting canceled. I ain't even mad anymore about this.

Let's just hope Axiom Verge releases someday.

It's going to see if Axiom Verge & Bastion (which as far as I know are dependent on Sony updating some tools so they run on Vita) are ever going to happen at this point. It'll have been a long, long time since their PS4 versions by the time they come out.

autoduelist

All of your posts on this page are ridiculously negative and melodramatic. You're totally harshing the vibe in here.

I'm not being 'scammed' when I preorder something. That is the most ridiculous concept -- it assumes I'm too stupid to know there might be issues with a game, when in fact, Galax-z has been my number 1 want since the first reveal. I've had a $20 PSN card with galax-z sharpied onto it since before I had a ps4. So... no, I'm not being scammed. That's where I want my money to go, and it's an educated risk. If it turns out to be terrible, I'm still not being 'scammed'. I know the risks going in. Zero concern here.

As for this idea that the ports will never happen ever, that's just as much raw negativity with blinders on as anything else. Plenty of late vita ports happen -- heck, we just got Geometry Wars 3 last week. So please take some of your own advice and stop spreading negative assumptions.

re: exclusives. Leaving PC out of the exclusive debate has long been the standard. It's not always done, but it's done often enough that it's not a 'gotcha' if something is also coming to PC.

Lol at Galak-z vita getting canceled. I ain't even mad anymore about this.

Let's just hope Axiom Verge releases someday.

Supposedly on hold, not officially cancelled.

Dug more into Operation Abyss. Making your own non-melee non-front-row characters seems to be an exceptionally bad idea but I think I'll make due for now. Half of my characters can't attack for now. Need a bow and arrow for one and I assume one is just out of mana or too low level to use spells yet or something.

The one plus for paper doll characters seems to be recognizing who is who. All you see in the formation UI are eyes in the simple customization mode.

Fairly standard; only my front row attacks usually. my academic is there for identifying (and has good skills later), my healer is a healer (though supposedly can wield some decent hammers that can hit later, and my mage usually is defending.

No worries, you're fine. Is your archer in the front row or something?

RK128

All of your posts on this page are ridiculously negative and melodramatic. You're totally harshing the vibe in here.

I'm not being 'scammed' when I preorder something. That is the most ridiculous concept -- it assumes I'm too stupid to know there might be issues with a game, when in fact, Galax-z has been my number 1 want since the first reveal. I've had a $20 PSN card with galax-z sharpied onto it since before I had a ps4. So... no, I'm not being scammed. That's where I want my money to go, and it's an educated risk. If it turns out to be terrible, I'm still not being 'scammed'. I know the risks going in. Zero concern here.

As for this idea that the ports will never happen ever, that's just as much raw negativity with blinders on as anything else. Plenty of late vita ports happen -- heck, we just got Geometry Wars 3 last week. So please take some of your own advice and stop spreading negative assumptions.

re: exclusives. Leaving PC out of the exclusive debate has long been the standard. It's not always done, but it's done often enough that it's not a 'gotcha' if something is also coming to PC.

Thank you for saying that :). Sorry for making that stupid comment about not posting for a while before; you guys are a great community and I won't let things get to me.

Excited about the Digimon news, as I didn't expect another Digimon Story game to be announced for Vita....thought Bamco was focused on localizaing CS to the west. Still, if CS is a hit in the west (and between that pitition that many of us signed alongside their being a PS4 version, I think it will be :D), then that might give that game a higher shot at coming over.

And you bring up a great point about late Vita ports; they always happen and normally, the quality of the ports is solid (Ex: Don't Starve got a great Vita port, as did the recently released Geomentry Wars 3). Its a shame they don't happen alongside the PS4/PS3 version, but game development is tricky sometimes, so focusing on one platform first then releasing it on the other latter on once development finishes up, is completely resonable.

So there are 3 different sales for PSN it seems.
Knockout - fighting games
Naughty Dog
R*

Edit: Doesn't look like the prices are up, neither is the R* banner, but the games are listed.

Top Bottom