• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2015

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
A great deal of future PSV localizations are only going to happen if the company (specifically Namco, but I expect others to do this too) makes a PS4 version as well. That one will get a retail release in the west while PS3/V will get a digital version. I fully expect this to happen a lot next year and possibly the year after.

Nah, you completely misunderstood the situation imo, the ps4 versions exist because of vita, not the opposite.

Porting is not a joke, do you really think that a japanese company would make a ps4 version and not release it at least digitally in Japan? It's obviously Sony that pays for the ps4 versions(or since they seem to perform slightly worse than the respective vita version i suspect they are sony's job) of biggest vita games.

Why did i bold "biggest"? Because all the rest comes anyway and without a ps4 version, even the niche or lewd ones. Look at Lost Dimension, it bombed hard in Japan but it's coming, look at some lewd games like banned games, i don't think japanese companies expect them to sell great but here they are without a ps4 version, that's because sony think those games are too niche or whatever, on the other hand j star victory+, digimon, toukiden, and i don't remember the other one have a good sales potential so sony decided to get them to ps4 to push the console, and to push even more in some cases the ps4 version is the only retail one.

Imo the next one ported to ps4 will be stranger of sword city, and that would explain why the localization announcement is late, then it will be the turn of ray gigant, maybe makai shin trillion, the new digimon and maybe some other, most of the rest will be localized without a ps4 version

Nah, you completely misunderstood the situation imo, the ps4 versions exist because of vita, not the opposite.

Porting is not a joke, do you really think that a japanese company would make a ps4 version and not release it at least digitally in Japan? It's obviously Sony that pays for the ps4 versions(or since they seem to perform slightly worse than the respective vita version i suspect they are sony's job) of biggest vita games.

I highly doubt that Sony has anything to do with Bamco's PS4 ports

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Imo the next one ported to ps4 will be stranger of sword city, and that would explain why the localization announcement is late, then it will be the turn of ray gigant, maybe makai shin trillion, the new digimon and maybe some other, most of the rest will be localized without a ps4 version

That would be surprising if so, since they would need a third party to do it. As from what I know there were no PS4 dev kits at Exp Inc and their schedule seems way too packed to be working on something like that.

That title is self published which means they own all the rights to it. So that in terms means they would have to be the ones responsible for the port, unless NISA was going to consider shelling out for it. Which I cant imagine they would do just for the Western market with a niche game. As its been released 3 times here in Japan X360 / PC / Vita there is little to no incentive for Exp Inc to spend time and resources for them to create a PS4 version. Even more so with the fact they have multiple projects going on as is.

If anything Bandai Namco would be the one that I could see "maybe" doing it for Ray Gigant, but outside of that I cant imagine Exp Inc taking time and resources out just to do it for the West. But seeing how they low balled the project in Japan itself means that it does not have exactly the largest budget. What I mean by lowball is that they did not make any sort of unique special edition of the game and all of the bonuses are digital including the game soundtrack. Game is also not fully voiced, which means they were not granted a larger budget to allow for that. Which is highly unfortunate seeing how the title has a focus on the story and such. But for Exp Inc fans in general thats pretty standard fare.

The audience is on the Vita already anyways, which means there is no reason to go making a PS4 version. And keeps overall risk / costs down. You need to think of companies as individuals and understand that just because one does X does not mean another is going to follow suit. Even more so when the difference in scale between companies is much greater.

If anything realistically Id imagine NISA has the Vita and PC version of SoSC.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I highly doubt that Sony has anything to do with Bamco's PS4 ports

Think about it, after all the work for porting a game on the ps4 do you really think that bamco or anyone else would not release it in Japan at least digitally?
It's obviously western sony that pays for or develops the ports to push the ps4 even more(and to kill vita) imo.

That would be surprising if so, since they would need a third party to do it. As from what I know there were no PS4 dev kits at Exp Inc and their schedule seems way too packed to be working on something like that.

That title is self published which means they own all the rights to it. So that in terms means they would have to be the ones responsible for the port, unless NISA was going to consider shelling out for it. Which I cant imagine they would do just for the Western market with a niche game. As its been released 3 times here in Japan X360 / PC / Vita there is little to no incentive for Exp Inc to spend time and resources for them to create a PS4 version. Even more so with the fact they have multiple projects going on as is.

If anything Bandai Namco would be the one that I could see "maybe" doing it for Ray Gigant, but outside of that I cant imagine Exp Inc taking time and resources out just to do it for the West.

When was the last terrible port for vita of a medium/big game? Long time ago. My suspect is exactly that the third party team that once made terrible ports for vita now does only ps4 ports(unless civ rev2 and xcom, if exist, are made by them... man i hope not)

Think about it, after all the work for porting a game on the ps4 do you really think that bamco or anyone lese would not release it in Japan?

Yes? The PS4 isn't very big in Japan and we're talking about games that have been out in Japan for many many months on a more successful platform.
Also, SAO is getting a PS4 release in Japan for example

Is Sony also paying for Bamcos PC ports?
(and to kill vita) imo.
That's just conspiracy theory level bull
Sony gains nothing from "killing" the Vita

Saphirax

Think about it, after all the work for porting a game on the ps4 do you really think that bamco or anyone lese would not release it in Japan?
It's obviously western sony that pays for or develops the ports to push the ps4 even more(and to kill vita) imo.

I doubt it has anything to do with Sony. It's obviously more profitable for companies like Bamco to port their games to ps4 and pc for the west. It's mostly Bamco that does this and I find it silly Sony would keep paying them to port their games over.

Look at ToZ for example. While there's no Vita version, the series is somewhat popular in the West. The market here is different than in Japan. Releasing it only for ps3 would be sending it to die.

If Sony really was paying for all these ports we'd be getting Yakuza 5 for ps4 among other things.

Parakeetman

Yes? The PS4 isn't very big in Japan and we're talking about games that have been out in Japan for many many months on a more successful platform.

Sony doesnt need to kill shit, since as far as non vita owners are concerned, the system is already dead. The statement by House did not help things either in regards to giving larger Western devs confidence in attempting any larger projects with the system either. Outside of indies and localized titles the Vita is pretty much on life support. As they lose that and the system would very much be dead in the West. Owners in the West are generally lucky that the publishers in charge of securing and localizing Japanese titles have been doing so at an amazing pace which is pretty much what is keeping the system alive for the most part. That and the existing market who is purchasing these titles. The good news is at least there is far more than enough titles for said companies in the West to continue to pull from keeping the library going for a good while.

In Japan its just doing the same thing that the PSP did once it started to pick up steam and is rolling along at its own pace and just happens to be lucky enough also that games are being made with the system in mind and paired off together to allow for home and on the go play. So in some ways its actually better off than the PSP was.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

Am i the only one that saw sony making no vita e3s, declaring that they'll make no first party support, that vita is still alive only because we buy games, that vita is a legacy console and so on or it was just my imagination? Please Yian.

Ps4 recently sold comparably or even better than vita and many of the most wanted upcoming games are ps4 games, so ps4 is not that small anymore, it's slowly gaining ground, developer would have all the interest to release their already made ps4 version of their games.

Am i the only one that saw sony making no vita e3s, declaring that they'll make no first party support, that vita is still alive only because we buy games, that vita is a legacy console and so on or it was just my imagination? Please Yian.

Ps4 recently sold comparably or even better than vita and many of the most wanted upcoming games are ps4 games, so ps4 is not that small anymore, it's slowly gaining ground, developer would have all the interest to release their already made ps4 version of their games.

There's a difference between Sony not actively supporting the Vita because they see no market and them actively killing it out of some ulterior motive.

If they wanted it gone they could just not allow any more games for it.

Parakeetman

2258345996_a5fe2f9ced.jpg

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
There's a difference between Sony not actively supporting the Vita because they see no market and them actively killing it out of some ulterior motive.

If they wanted it gone they could just not allow any more games for it.

What part of "vita is still alive only because we buy games" is not clear? Western Sony wanted to get rid of vita long time ago, and you really think that sony could stop someone to make a game for a platform? Damn last year there were even new psp games and psp localizations!

and you really think that sony could stop someone to make a game for a platform?

Yes, a game for a Sony platform has to be licensed and approved. Sony can just say no as they did many many times in the past.
I'm not sure what that quote is supposed to tell me (and what the source is), but that's kind of true for all platforms.

I'm getting really tired of the negativity and conspiracy theories around Sony and the Vita.
Not everything has to be black or white, the situation is a bit more complicated than this.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I doubt it has anything to do with Sony. It's obviously more profitable for companies like Bamco to port their games to ps4 and pc for the west. It's mostly Bamco that does this and I find it silly Sony would keep paying them to port their games over.

Look at ToZ for example. While there's no Vita version, the series is somewhat popular in the West. The market here is different than in Japan. Releasing it only for ps3 would be sending it to die.

If Sony really was paying for all these ports we'd be getting Yakuza 5 for ps4 among other things.
Again, wouldn't be even more profitable to release already made ps4 versions in japan?

Yakuza is not big at all, have you already forgot that not a long time ago the yakuza series was considered dead in the west with fans crying because there were no more localizations?

You are right, it was all my imagination.

Parakeetman

What part of "vita is still alive only because we buy games" is not clear? Western Sony wanted to get rid of vita long time ago, and you really think that sony could stop someone to make a game for a platform? Damn last year there were even new psp games and psp localizations!

Yes Sony can say fuck you to submissions sent into them which is the REQUIRED process for getting games released on their gaming platforms. If Sony says NOPE then no game. Plain and simple.
Sony can block titles if they want. Regardless of it passes age rating which is a separate thing from submitting a title to Sony for approval. Its the same for Nintendo and Microsoft.

The Yakuza series pretty much will die with 5 since if you look at the trend of how the numbers get smaller and smaller with each release most def it will go in the same direction even more so as no one in their sane mind will go picking up 5 who is new to the series. Even more so considering all of the older titles are on the previous gen platform which is getting the leper treatment now same with 5. The drop in numbers show that not even the hardcore fans are able to prop up the series. Folks who have not followed the game from at least the middle section with the series will have no idea what the fuck is going on. Even with the recap stuff its still not the same.

Yakuza ~80k
Yakuza 2 ~40k
Yakuza 3 ~50k
Yakuza 4 ~20/30k

With the amount of work & resources that is required to localize the title numbers like that just cant support it. As said many times before its a miracle that the US is getting 5 and think its more just they wanted to finally close the book on the series. There would be little to no reason to release Zero considering its not like there are PS4 versions of the rest of the series. And going backwards in the series is a bit harder esp with the fact that 1 & 2 are only on the PS2. As the HD 1 & 2 was never localized in the West and the general stigma now that folks seem to have with PS3 anything. So there would be no actual financial reason to invest in localizing Zero.

Again, wouldn't be even more profitable to release already made ps4 versions in japan?

Yakuza is not big at all, have you already forgot that not a long time ago the yakuza series was considered dead in the west with fans crying because there were no more localizations?

Butz Digimon is big? come on.
And PS4 ports are getting releases in Japan. Could you tell me which Vita -> PS4 ports are only getting western releases?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Yes Sony can say fuck you to submissions sent into them which is the REQUIRED process for getting games released on their gaming platforms. If Sony says NOPE then no game. Plain and simple.
Sony can block titles if they want. Regardless of it passes age rating which is a separate thing from submitting a title to Sony for approval. Its the same for Nintendo and Microsoft.

Yes, a game for a Sony platform has to be licensed and approved. Sony can just say no as they did many many times in the past.
I'm not sure what that quote is supposed to tell me (and what the source is), but that's kind of true for all platforms.

I'm getting really tired of the negativity and conspiracy theories around Sony and the Vita.
Not everything has to be black or white, the situation is a bit more complicated than this

What are those examples of games rejected only because they were on the wrong platform?

You can be tired as mach as you want of my negativity about sony(not vita), but ignoring all the negative things that sony made and said against vita is being in denial.

You said that things are complex but then you are more or less in the really simple ingenuous position of "vita is a sony product so sony would never do anything to hurt it"....

What are those examples games rejected only because they were on the wrong platform?

You can be tired as mach as you want of my negativity about sony(not vita), but ignoring all the negative things that sony made and said against vita is being in denial.

You said that things are complex but then you are more or less in the really simple ingenuous position of "vita is a sony product so sony would never do anything to hurt it"....

That's not my position at all but whatever. Believe what you want.

Tons of games have been rejected in the PSX/PS2 era for the stupidest of reasons.

Saphirax

You are right, it was all my imagination.

How do you know it would be profitable? They'd need to pay for certification, discs etc. If the intention was to solely make a ps4 port for the west, it's logical why some companies wouldn't bother releasing a ps4 version for Japan - especially if the ps3/vita version was already released there.

Yakuza isn't big, but a lot of people requested it - it's the only reason we're getting Yakuza 5 localized. None of the other games Bamco is porting to ps4 are big either. If Sony was paying for all these ports, they sure as hell wouldn't be sending Yakuza 5 out to die. And I'd be really surprised if SoSC gets a ps4 release. More than likely we'll see a Vita and PC release. I also doubt NISA has only that game planned for next year. There's a reason they didn't say what games they'd be localizing for next year, but a SoSC ps4 port isn't one of them.

Parakeetman

How do you know it would be profitable? They'd need to pay for certification, discs etc. If the intention was to solely make a ps4 port for the west, it's logical why some companies wouldn't bother releasing a ps4 version for Japan - especially if the ps3/vita version was already released there.

Yakuza isn't big, but a lot of people requested it - it's the only reason we're getting Yakuza 5 localized. None of the other games Bamco is porting to ps4 are big either. If Sony was paying for all these ports, they sure as hell wouldn't be sending Yakuza 5 out to die. And I'd be really surprised if SoSC gets a ps4 release. More than likely we'll see a Vita and PC release. I also doubt NISA has only that game planned for next year. There's a reason they didn't say what games they'd be localizing for next year, but a SoSC ps4 port isn't one of them.

The thing is too also most of the games that would be reverse ported back into Japan would have already been released for some time as is. Which means even lower sales than the original. The only up side is that it bolsters the domestic PS4 library. But that does not really help the companies that went through the financial investment to get it pushed out the door. Honestly the realistic situation will be companies will just have to do multiplat as with PS3 / PS4 from the get go if they want to avoid $$$ loss like that. With companies like Sega (granted they are not localizing), Koei, Bandai Namco, SQEX they know that the PS4 versions will be the one that is getting sent overseas. While the PS3 is to be kept domestically for their still existing market that does not have the same sort of odd stigma that the West has adopted for whatever reason with the previous gen consoles.

Saphirax

The thing is too also most of the games that would be reverse ported back into Japan would have already been released for some time as is. Which means even lower sales than the original. The only up side is that it bolsters the domestic PS4 library. But that does not really help the companies that went through the financial investment to get it pushed out the door.

Yeah, I'm not sure how profitable, if at all, that would be. Personally, the only downside to the whole porting to ps4 for the West thing is that whenever a game is announced for the Vita/PS3 AND PS4 my immediate thought is 'Does this mean it'll get localized?'; even though having a PS4 version does not mean we'll get it here.

I'll go out of my way to get an asian or european version if it's physical, but I'd never skip a game if it's DD-only, maybe just wait for a sale. I think Digimon will be the first title in awhile that I get DD since there will be nowhere with a physical english version.

Yeah, I'm the same. Digimon is the first game that's causing a problem (and all these discussions) though because it is digital-only as far as we know, everywhere it'll be in English.

I don't believe that for a second. And is the localization announcement "late"? Game only released on Vita in January.

When was the last terrible port for vita of a medium/big game? Long time ago. My suspect is exactly that the third party team that once made terrible ports for vita now does only ps4 ports(unless civ rev2 and xcom, if exist, are made by them... man i hope not)

It doesn't make any sense to me for these games to be handled by anyone other than Third Party Productions, but equally, all the rating leaks for the games have had Take Two as the publisher. If the exist, I'd be very interested to see who's handling the ports.

Parakeetman

Yeah, I'm not sure how profitable, if at all, that would be. Personally, the only downside to the whole porting to ps4 for the West thing is that whenever a game is announced for the Vita/PS3 AND PS4 my immediate thought is 'Does this mean it'll get localized?'; even though having a PS4 version does not mean we'll get it here.

For the most part what we are seeing outside of Sega is that Capcom, Bandai Namco, SQEX, Koei are targeting the West. So for those larger companies we can at least have a pretty good idea that those titles would be showing up.

For more niche stuff for example certain visual novels by Mages but PS4 versions do exist such as Chaos; Child would be what you are saying with just because a PS4 version exists does not mean the West will get it also.

Or other more niche titles. As those we rely on the big localization publishers to grab for us to bring over.

Yeah, I'm the same. Digimon is the first game that's causing a problem (and all these discussions) though because it is digital-only as far as we know, everywhere it'll be in English.

I don't believe that for a second. And is the localization announcement "late"? Game only released on Vita in January.

It doesn't make any sense to me for these games to be handled by anyone other than Third Party Productions, but equally, all the rating leaks for the games have had Take Two as the publisher. If the exist, I'd be very interested to see who's handling the ports.

With how long the game has actually been out and the script being mostly the same, work on the script while talks go on about securing the Vita rights were going on. With that being said its more about them announcing a date and the fact that they have the title in hand as they know very well how anticipated it is. One thing that I wonder is if Operation Abyss did not meet their general expectations which is why they wanted to hold off a bit longer with announcing it in order to try and squeeze out a few more sales before. Otherwise announcing it now would have people holding off on purchasing Op Abyss just due to something else they would want more being released. Its more of a marketing decision based upon the situation of sales with other related titles, if that is in fact what is going on.

Id imagine what screwed up things slightly for them also was the delay with Op Abyss, as I could have seen the game being released this late this year. Though the downside of going into 2016 is they have some pretty large titles to go up against which would overshadow coverage which means they will have to rely more on just word of mouth sales from the hardcore follows of the genre or company. Its why also they really screwed up by not announcing anything useful at all at AX. Since trying to do any sort of announcements at TGS for example will get potentially drowned out by other things. They had a pretty clear and open window during AX and totally blew that window straight to hell. Considering that this years TGS is being said to be the largest ever, means lots of potential news going around so that goes back to limited space with getting the message out without being lost in the sea of other announcements.

Saphirax

For the most part what we are seeing outside of Sega is that Capcom, Bandai Namco, SQEX, Koei are targeting the West. So for those larger companies we can at least have a pretty good idea that those titles would be showing up.

For more niche stuff for example certain visual novels by Mages but PS4 versions do exist such as Chaos; Child would be what you are saying with just because a PS4 version exists does not mean the West will get it also.

Or other more niche titles. As those we rely on the big localization publishers to grab for us to bring over.

I was actually quite surprised Steins;Gate did so well. I do hope localizing niche games for Vita/PS3 ends up being profitable for the publishers at least until more companies start releasing their games on ps4 as well. Would hate to see games bombing just because there wasn't a ps4 version.

Parakeetman

I was actually quite surprised Steins;Gate did so well. I do hope localizing niche games for Vita/PS3 ends up being profitable for the publishers at least until more companies start releasing their games on ps4 as well. Would hate to see games bombing just because there wasn't a ps4 version.

Mages for example is making the move to the PS4 already. But is still keeping it multiplat. Considering all of the VNs they do, thats a good sign. Am sure other companies will follow suit as the market slowly shifts. Plus lots of them would be watching for whoever dives in first to see how their sales numbers do with making a decision if its worth moving onto the platform yet or not.

Was not too surprised about Steins; Gate considering what a strong following in general it has. At least its something highly positive so hopefully the other titles will be brought over also.

Things will be a bit more difficult for lesser known VNs, but its still good to see companies like Aksys trying things out.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Don't give me merits i don't own ;) You made all by yourself , you started saying that sony can block a game just because it's on vita but then you were not able to provide any of the "many" examples. :p

The thing is too also most of the games that would be reverse ported back into Japan would have already been released for some time as is. Which means even lower sales than the original. The only up side is that it bolsters the domestic PS4 library. But that does not really help the companies that went through the financial investment to get it pushed out the door. Honestly the realistic situation will be companies will just have to do multiplat as with PS3 / PS4 from the get go if they want to avoid $$$ loss like that. With companies like Sega (granted they are not localizing), Koei, Bandai Namco, SQEX they know that the PS4 versions will be the one that is getting sent overseas. While the PS3 is to be kept domestically for their still existing market that does not have the same sort of odd stigma that the West has adopted for whatever reason with the previous gen consoles.

Porting means paying people for months using company's resources, people and resources that cannot be used for new projects, it's a great expense, a digital store uploading(there's no need for a retail release) fee + 30% on the price is nothing compared what a company can gain selling a new game that already exists, even if already available on other platforms.

Well i guess you could be right, maybe i'm too hyped so i want its localization as fast as possible! XD
But i found it weird that nisa didn't announce anything at AX.

Don't give me merits i don't own ;) You made all by yourself , you started saying that sony can block a game just because it's on vita but then you were not able to provide any of the "many" examples. :p

I was saying they can block a game for any reason they want, which is true. I can't give you any examples because I don't have access to internal Sony information.

Parakeetman

Once again Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft can literally block any title they want from not being able to be legally released on their platforms by refusing the submission of said company.

You do not need any examples, because for the most part its not common for companies to be up front with saying what was refused by X platform maker is creating unnecessary tension for them.

Saphirax

Porting means paying people for months using company's resources, people and resources that cannot be used for new projects, it's a great expense, a digital store uploading(there's no need for a retail release) fee + 30% on the price is nothing compared what a company can gain selling a new game that already exists, even if already available on other platforms.

Well i guess you could be right, maybe i'm too hyped so i want its localization as fast as possible! XD
But i found it weird that nisa didn't announce anything at AX.

The point was - you have no idea whether porting would be profitable for those companies. They could be losing money just as well, especially given how poorly ps4 is doing in Japan.

I may be wrong, but aren't digital only releases in Japan extremely rare? Mostly because of the huge market for used games.

Edit: As for blocking games - Sony doesn't allow AO rated games on their platforms. Technically, that is a form of blocking :p.

Parakeetman

The point was - you have no idea whether porting would be profitable for those companies. They could be losing money just as well, especially given how poorly ps4 is doing in Japan.

I may be wrong, but aren't digital only releases in Japan extremely rare? Mostly because of the huge market for used games.

Its not that its rare, its just that Japan has its own thing for physical copies of things. Its why CD shops still exist here lol.

Some titles were digital only, but for the most part physical far outnumbers those and still will continue to do so. Have not noticed any real major shift either. Outside of Steam getting more popular but thats not really related to the issue we are discussing here.

The whole used market thing really does not matter, as its always existed before the whole "digital revolution". Its more just a business vs. market decision and the market appreciates physical media for gaming. Otherwise we would have seen a large shift with smaller companies, in order to cut down their costs and such. Id have to say the more "aggressive" company for digital sales would be Nintendo with how they sell download cards in convenience stores and other locations for certain software. Which is ironic considering my own personal feelings towards Nintendo and how they handle digital contents is not exactly stellar.

Parakeetman

The strategy stuff is fairly bare bones, but the character interactions with each other for the story / event scenes is amusing enough as a "character game".

Its too bad the updated PC version never made its way over to the Sony consoles. Guess the previous game did not sell as well as they expected. Odd considering how low the print numbers seemed to be with how hard it was to find physical copies of the PS3 version after a while.

yaffi

The strategy stuff is fairly bare bones, but the character interactions with each other for the story / event scenes is amusing enough as a "character game".

Its too bad the updated PC version never made its way over to the Sony consoles. Guess the previous game did not sell as well as they expected. Odd considering how low the print numbers seemed to be with how hard it was to find physical copies of the PS3 version after a while.

This could also become the next banned game.

edit: Don't google the artist.

It's your own fault to buy them in digital( and brought youfself a burden) and now you're complaining?
Do you only come in here to be rude to people and say negative things to everyone? Because it's getting really tiresome on my eyes. This place was clean of this type of post before you showed up, and although I didn't say anything until now, you are beginning to annoy me and I see others have complained as well.

Parakeetman

This could also become the next banned game.

edit: Don't google the artist.

Only reason why it has not been banned yet is more just hardly anyone knows about the game. Am familiar with the artist. They are quite famous in the general artist circles in Japan. Recently they did an exhibit also forgot where it was though. Several artists I follow attended it.

yaffi

Only reason why it has not been banned yet is more just hardly anyone knows about the game. Am familiar with the artist. They are quite famous in the general artist circles in Japan. Recently they did an exhibit also forgot where it was though. Several artists I follow attended it.

I didn't ry to warn you specifically; just everyone else. :>

I think there even was a thread, when the localization got announced more than a year ago.

edit: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=814120

And it came back up when new info got released; totally missed that.

Oh it's the Littlewitch Romanesque guy. That game isn't banned either, but that may also be becuse no one is aware of it haha

Is Eiyuu Senki that bad in that regard?

Parakeetman

Oh it's the Littlewitch Romanesque guy. That game isn't banned either, but that may also be becuse no one is aware of it haha

Is Eiyuu Senki that bad in that regard?

Gameplay wise its quite simple. As long as you have the general understanding / tactics when it comes to strategy games going through the title is not much of an issue. For the most part otherwise its just a visual novel. Or what they call this particular type of game in Japan a "Character Game" as you are playing it for the various characters.

With that being said the voice acting was well done and the characters are off the wall / colorful enough to be amusing. So depending if you like those types of games you might / might not enjoy it. I personally like it for what it was. Didnt have time to fully finish it though, since other things came up.

We had sosomeone asking not totoo long ago why they should play 999 before VLR here. This Kotaku article (yeah, yeah I know, Kotaku) talks about what the series is all about and why we are excited about the 3rd game. Do give it a brief read, and hopefully it'll convince you to play this amazing VN series if you haven't already.

Gameplay wise its quite simple. As long as you have the general understanding / tactics when it comes to strategy games going through the title is not much of an issue. For the most part otherwise its just a visual novel. Or what they call this particular type of game in Japan a "Character Game" as you are playing it for the various characters.

Sorry I was asking about how bad it is in terms of "questionable" content.
What I've seen of it looks/sounds interesting enough for me that I'll give it a chance if it ever comes out.

Parakeetman

Sorry I was asking about how bad it is in terms of "questionable" content.
What I've seen of it looks/sounds interesting enough for me that I'll give it a chance if it ever comes out.

Just some of the character designs, but the scenes themselves there are a lot of just blacked out screens which my guess would be those were the adult related ones which showed up on the PC version.

The chick from India in particular forgot who she was supposed to be. Then there is Billy the Kid who has shown up before image wise on the forums.

Parakeetman

Top Bottom