• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2015

Shizuka

I made this post for a thread on reddit then re-read the question and realised I wasn't answering what was being asked, lol.

But it took me a while and thought it'd be good to have this listed all in one place. Anything else that needs adding?

Asia-exclusive physical releases in English

- Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess
- Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster
- Moe Chronicle
- Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
- Soul Sacrifice Delta
- Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment

Rumoured Asia-exclusive physical releases in English:

- Helldivers
- Mighty no. 9
- Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence

Europe-exclusive physical releases in English:

- Epic Mickey 2
- History Legends of War: Patton's Campaign
- Invizimals: The Alliance/The Resistance
- J-Stars Victory Vs.
- Looney Tunes Galactic Sports
- MotoGP 13/14
- Mud
- Muppets Movie Adventures
- MXGP
- New Little King's Story
- One Piece Pirate Warriors 3
- WRC 3/4

Rumoured Europe-exclusive physical releases in English:

- Space Hulk
- Top Trumps Turbo

NA--exclusive physical releases in English:

- Ar no Surge Plus
- Blazblue Chronophantasma (and Extend)
- Code Realize: Guardians of Rebirth
- Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars
- Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax
- DJMax Technika Tune
- Earth Defense Force 2: Invaders from Planet Space
- Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth 1
- Mind=0
- Muramasa Rebirth
- Norn9: Var Commons
- Ragnarok Odyssey/Ace
- Senran Kagura: Shinovi/Estival Versus
- Superbeat XONIC
- Valhalla Knights 3
- Walking Dead Season 1/2
- The Wolf Among Us
- XBlaze: Lost Memories

Games I wanted to make an extra note on

- Civilization Revolution 2 Plus - if this exists, Play-Asia seem to think that only an Asian version is coming physically.
- Dokuro - the Asian Version is multi-language. I'm 99% certain the Japanese version is too, but I don't have a copy so I can't confirm that.
- HTOL#NIQ - had a limited print run in the USA which has now sold out. However, the Asian version is in English
- Minecraft - you can get this game in USA, but it's a download code in a box. Europe got a physical cart version.
- Orgarhythm - I am 99% certain that the Japanese & Asian versions of this game have English as an option as long as your system is set to English, but I don't have a copy of this so I can't confirm. Maybe someone else can?
- Retro City Rampage got a retail version but it has long since sold out

You can check the list I have been posting for a few months somewhere in here. I can see you're list is missing a few games, like DBZ: BOZ.

pariah164

Went through my download list and saw that at some point, I downloaded Wild Arms 2. Do I need to play Wild Arms 1 to understand it?

batrush

After a month with the PSV 1000, I can't go back to the 2000 even though it's far more comfortable. The screen difference was definitely not overstated.

Xenoflare

After a month with the PSV 1000, I can't go back to the 2000 even though it's far more comfortable. The screen difference was definitely not overstated.

Heh, completely opposite with me. I can't stand the mura and overblown colors. The 2000's LCD is much more accurate and easy on the eyes for me.

But Soul Sacrifice does look miles better on 1000, that I agree, but that's it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yep, Slim has a better screen save for a few launch games that were specifically designed to pop on "Dat OLED" along better ergonomics, better charging cable, better battery life.

So, update on Vita/Wii U situation:

I tried around seeing what I could at least get in for trade-in values.

$90 CAD at Best Buy. That's $70 USD
LLShC.gif

Shizuka

Anyone give a reason why? Other than them selling this stuff, I can't think of a reason why so many hours of work would be thrown in the bin.

Ciel video project is canceled.

The Ciel story write up will be removed as I'm completely uninterested in the opinions of others, the ridiculous propositions, and inane comments that it generates. The idea was to share a story that I felt a deep attachment to with a community that might not be able to access it otherwise. Instead it was treated as a required homework by some in order to enjoy Ar, and as an avenue for a strange kind of superiority flexing by others who think that knowing some Japanese makes them special.

I'm pleased that over 5,000 unique visitors have at least checked out more than two pages of the writeup and over 1,000 people have read the complete thing. To that end, I imagine some good came out of this, and at least a few people enjoyed it instead of finishing it out of some kind of weird video game peer pressure.

Just to clarify:

No, this never was or could be a translation guide.
No, this was never going to help KT or anyone else localize Ciel.
No, Ciel will never be localized. It's written in stone, get over it.
No, removing this will not improve chances of localization, get over it.
Yes, if you think you can do a better job, step up.

http://www.unit03.net/view/Ciel_nosurge/Summary

Ventara

So, update on Vita/Wii U situation:

I tried around seeing what I could at least get in for trade-in values.

$90 CAD at Best Buy. That's $70 USD
LLShC.gif

Finding tivs for the WiiU is a waste of time. You're not gonna get anything good.

Honestly, I feel like you're not trying very hard to sell it. Your bundle should be able to sell for $250 easy.

batrush

Heh, completely opposite with me. I can't stand the mura and overblown colors. The 2000's LCD is much more accurate and easy on the eyes for me.

But Soul Sacrifice does look miles better on 1000, that I agree, but that's it.
I switched to the 2000 temporarily while playing Steins Gate, but after a bit I had to turn it off. Couldn't stand the washed out look of it all. Tried out Project Diva F, some PS1/PSP classics, and looked through screenshots I've taken from 20+ other titles. I can see why some folks might prefer the Slim's screen for classics, but for everything else the OLED seems to be far more desirable.

With all these new announcements for Vita, I am thinking of picking up another Vita that I had sold with my PS4. Does everyone think the 2000 model will still be on sale in the U.S. around Black Friday? Trying to decide on waiting or jumping on one now. I have a decent digital backlog already, interested in anyone's thoughts.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
With all these new announcements for Vita, I am thinking of picking up another Vita that I had sold with my PS4. Does everyone think the 2000 model will still be on sale in the U.S. around Black Friday? Trying to decide on waiting or jumping on one now. I have a decent digital backlog already, interested in anyone's thoughts.

Since the original Black Friday Vita sale it has never gone on sale for that event again. There was a bundle in the second year but it wasn't really a value.

autoduelist

Just get it now imo. You want it now, you'll play it now, and it's unlikely to go on sale for BF anyway.

autoduelist

Reminder -- you specifically need to go into settings / psn / system activation and activate your vita for PSM games. I think you have until Sept to do this, but just get it out of the way now.

Go do it!

Just get it now imo. You want it now, you'll play it now, and it's unlikely to go on sale for BF anyway.

Do you think Amazon might shave a few bucks off this Wednesday, I think I will wait till then, if they do I will and if they don't I will too lol.

I will hook up deception and VLR and hopefully finish those.

zadig

Neo Member
Has anyone played the Japanese version of Muramasa and can comment on the language level/difficulty? I'm thinking of getting the Japanese version since there's a physical release with all DLC included, but since it's a historical setting I'm concerned that the language used might be similarly archaic? (In which case it would be too much for me.)

Vashetti

Banned
Will the closure of PS Mobile require a firmware update on Vita to remove it from the PS Store, or can they do all that server side?

With the news that the Ciel summary is going to be pulled down, I yesterday forced myself to continue reading. I managed to take down two chapter in about an hour or so. If I continue going every day I'll be done before the 31st. The story isn't bad at all, but in the beginnibg it drags a little.

Hikami

Nier got lost in shipping (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I swear this always happens when I order 'Used' stuff from Amazon, did get a refund at least.

SerTapTap

Looked up a kanji dictionary thing since I've been trying to pick up some tiny bits of Japanese and sweet baby jesus I quit.

Also I gave in and restarted Operation Abyss with the "beginner" whatever character customization. The paper doll avatars were too bleh and fussing with 6+ of them is too much for me, and the premade art looks better even if I prefer some of Demon Gaze's character arts. Took me a fair bit of time just to set up and stat out a set of characters. I tried for basically one of each class, I assume that's fine? (I think there's 8 classes and 6 slots though)

No idea if anyone's hyped for this but I'll have a review/video of Tembo The Badass Elephant either on release date or whenever they lift the video coverage embargo (written review is currently a day before)

Are there reviews for Godzilla? I want it to be good but...

New Yoru no Nai Kuni details:

Everyone's all over that depth of field this gen, even anime style games

The lowest I've seen them ever go for new is the $170 that Best Buy/amazon occasionally have. If you see the Borderlands bundle for $170 I'd recommend just buying it (has a memory card and you can sell BL2 for a few bucks if you don't want it)

No, but Wild Arms 1 is a better game. It's also been on sale for outrageously low prices before.

I really wish they'd do more PS1/PSP sales. Even if it's only first party software that's on sale.

Has anyone played the Japanese version of Muramasa and can comment on the language level/difficulty? I'm thinking of getting the Japanese version since there's a physical release with all DLC included, but since it's a historical setting I'm concerned that the language used might be similarly archaic? (In which case it would be too much for me.)

The DLC is included as a code so you will need a Japanese account to download it.

autoduelist

Also I gave in and restarted Operation Abyss with the "beginner" whatever character customization. The paper doll avatars were too bleh and fussing with 6+ of them is too much for me, and the premade art looks better even if I prefer some of Demon Gaze's character arts. Took me a fair bit of time just to set up and stat out a set of characters. I tried for basically one of each class, I assume that's fine? (I think there's 8 classes and 6 slots though)

While I'm not too far in, I'd say:

you need an academic
a samurai is a very good idea (speed killing large mobs with group attacks)
a priest is a very good idea for healing.
a knight is a very good idea for defense.
a mage is supposed to be very good for post-game boss damage.

The 6th slot is 'free' -- I used it for an assassin now re-classed as a monk. Some recommend just going with 2 samurai for faster killing, but I don't like dupes and usually go for classes I want, not min/maxing. I believe the 'beginner' recommendation is going with a warrior for early game DPS, but I really didn't struggle with an assassin at all and a monk eventually outdamages a warrior anyway (granted, i'm not a beginner).

I'm personally glad I went with the paper dolls; like I had mentioned previously, now that they're all decked out you can't even see them so it doesn't matter what they looked like... but there is actually some really cool armor, etc.

stat wise, there seems to be some debate, but phys to at least 15 early on for all classes, more for knight. speed is important for assassin/samurai, since when you get it to 25 subweapons do full damage. spirit for healers -- i also think speed for healers is important since if you need to heal you want to be able to do so early in the round, it sucks having to have one of your super fast damage dealers not attack so they can use a potion on someone hurting bad. mage needs wis. warriors need str. luck affects how good samurai and assassin type classes are at one hit kills and status giving (poison, etc).

there seems to be great debate about EdiT -- Academics and their best stats. after reading tons of conflicting info, i went with wisdom based on someone who seemed to have done testing of various skills with differently stat'd Edit - academics. luck also seems to be important.

(note -- originally typed physicians in the last paragraph by accident)

Benedict

Game #30 in my 52 games in a year became Danganronpa 2.
I platinumed the game and spent about 64 hrs with it. Too much, but when I went for the platinum I couldn't stop.

Somehow I hoped that Danganronpa 2 would be better than the first game, but that was not the case.
The gameworld is more varied but that is not an improvement and makes the game feel less well built.
The first game was in one building with different levels.
This has several island with different themes.
The story, characters and cases are also a downgrade compared to the first game.

The main characer is still very short compared to the NPCs.
The first game had the crotch cam, when you moved up to other characters you were about the same height as their... crotches.
In the sequel it's about the height of their breasts or somewhere between the belly and breasts.
Still no big deal, but annoying and should have been improved. Maybe the third game will have face to face.

The controls are still not good, but small improvement.
The game is OK, but the first game is better.

6/10

52 games in a year? I haven't finished a single game this damn month, gotta play more Ar nosurge Plus.

Also, Danganronpa 2 is amazing and way better than the first game outside of some minigames.

So yeah...my Vita fell in my tub today....
Not sure if I should use this as an excuse to buy another one. I'm totally scared to turn the thing on. Funnily enough, that's how my gameboy color died.

IMHO DR2>DR1.

Both games are great though.

Which reminds me I need to play DR2. Hopefully before I get spoiled.

zadig

Neo Member
The DLC is included as a code so you will need a Japanese account to download it.

I was expecting that. My OLED Vita is set to the JP PSN so DLC isn't a problem. I'm more concerned about fully understanding the story.

It doesn't matter now though as I just ordered the US version (found it at a decent price when I was getting Steins Gate :D). I wish the DLC were included, but it works out cheaper and I can wait for the inevitable? PSN sales for the DLC.

Kudo

I need to continue playing DR2.. I lost motivation after prologue and haven't continued, need to get back.

RK128

Today is a sad day, such a sad day. My Vita has officially kicked the bucked. It was only 8 months old...

That is horrible X(. What happened to it? As depending on what happened, it can be fixed.
-Water or any kind of liquid got into the Vita: Put it in a bag of rice to help absorb the water inside
-Battery dying out: Open the Vita up and replace it. Or, contact Sony and send your Vita in for them to fix it for X amount of money (I think that's how it works...)

I hope this helps if that is why your Vita died :(.

That really sucks but it does beg the question why was your Vita near a filled bathtub?

I usually use it for music when bathing. This time, It fell off it's perch.

That is horrible X(. What happened to it? As depending on what happened, it can be fixed.
-Water or any kind of liquid got into the Vita: Put it in a bag of rice to help absorb the water inside
-Battery dying out: Open the Vita up and replace it. Or, contact Sony and send your Vita in for them to fix it for X amount of money (I think that's how it works...)

I hope this helps if that is why your Vita died :(.

It was the second one. I am using this as an excuse to buy a new one, it had some scratches that were bugging me.

autoduelist

So yeah...my Vita fell in my tub today....
Not sure if I should use this as an excuse to buy another one. I'm totally scared to turn the thing on. Funnily enough, that's how my gameboy color died.

Which reminds me I need to play DR2. Hopefully before I get spoiled.

I play my vita in the tub sometimes.

Do NOT turn it on until you are absolutely sure you have given it time to dry internally. Put it out in the sun for a bit, perhaps, then in a bag of rice. Or rice in the sun, maybe.

You can potentially fry it if you turn it on wet, but you have a chance if you dry it. You won't know for some time though, err on the side of caution.

PS -- clearly you should buy another one if necessary.

Top Bottom