• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2015

adarker

Banned
Have any of you tried play Quiplash? Considering buying this to play with two friends tomorrow.

I quite liked it, if you like the other Jackbox games, you'll be down with Quiplash. I reviewed it at Vigilant Gamers and rated it "Buy it!"

Good question variety and you really need at least four players. It can be done with three but not as fun IMHO.

RK128

Did anyone get their final PS Mobile games? I didn't buy any, but I put the free ones I got on my Vita to be safe.

Its a shame that the service is ending tomorrow, but I hope Sony does something in replacing it. Or at least, preserving the games on the service, as a ton of games will be gone tomorrow :(.

Considering the bad news that we all heard about last night and today, PS Mobile's closing didn't even phase me, but its still an important PS service that's ending.

The PS Mobile games I enjoyed the most was Super Create Box and Life of Pixel :). Both are fun, retro games :D.

Tohsaka

I'm on the fence as to whether or not I want to rebuy Onechanbara. I imported the Japanese version because I didn't expect it to get localized and finished it without any difficulty, but I couldn't read some of the weapon/skill descriptions since my kanji knowledge is terrible.

Shizuka

I'm on the fence as to whether or not I want to rebuy Onechanbara. I imported the Japanese version because I didn't expect it to get localized and finished it without any difficulty, but I couldn't read some of the weapon/skill descriptions since my kanji knowledge is terrible.

It must be worth it for the limited edition.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

If you already beat it there isnt much reason to really go and rebuy it. Unless you are such a big fan that you need to collect a localized copy too. Since honestly you would just be wasting $$$ and there is more than enough titles coming out that am sure you would be able to make use of those funds elsewhere.

RK128

so... who here is getting god of war 3 remastered?

I'm not due to now owning a PS4 :l. And even if I did own one, I played through GoW3 enough times (alongside almost every game in the series), so the 40$ price tag isn't really worth it sadly :(.

But I hope anyone who does get the PS4 version has fun with it :D, as God of War 3 is a great game :).

ryseing

Yes. Just... Yes. All the games in 2013 and 2014 from Sony had promotion of Atelier Totori Plus tier.

Poor Killzone/Tearaway.

Who puts their niche system 3D platformer on the same day as a console launch? Fucking Sony, that's who.

I refuse to pay $40 for a one game remaster. So no.

FF Type-0 HD doesn't count because Episode Duscae.

Onechanbara markets itself ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

iJn9PRZ.jpg

I didn't think I'd find a reason to use this so soon :D

Also RIP Galak-Z on Vita.

Massa

Poor Killzone/Tearaway.

Who puts their niche system 3D platformer on the same day as a console launch? Fucking Sony, that's who.

I refuse to pay $40 for a one game remaster. So no.

FF Type-0 HD doesn't count because Episode Duscae.

Eh, Sony planned for Tearaway to come out a month earlier than it did. They lost sales in the delay to make the game better. It's not like it would've made a difference anyway.

Arthos

Got a hold of some GameStop credit and was hoping to pre-order Deception IV only to find out it's digital only on the Vita.

:(

RK128

Got a hold of some GameStop credit and was hoping to pre-order Deception IV only to find out it's digital only on the Vita.

:(

You could use your GameStop credit to get PSN Credit to pick up the game :). Not solving your issue, but at least you can put the credit toward the game at least.

Arthos

I honestly didn't know it had an Asian retail release. I might consider it depending on the size of the game. I seriously need another memory card and I suppose digital IS an option, but physical Vita games are great to have.

I honestly didn't know it had an Asian retail release. I might consider it depending on the size of the game. I seriously need another memory card and I suppose digital IS an option, but physical Vita games are great to have.

I'm at the stage where if a game gets a physical release anywhere in English, I'll import to save memory card space.

Asia is very good for this!

I think Makai Shin Trillion looks great. Only thing wrong with it seems to be framerate, which I doubt is something Famitsu care about anyway.

SerTapTap

Dug more into Operation Abyss. Making your own non-melee non-front-row characters seems to be an exceptionally bad idea but I think I'll make due for now. Half of my characters can't attack for now. Need a bow and arrow for one and I assume one is just out of mana or too low level to use spells yet or something.

The one plus for paper doll characters seems to be recognizing who is who. All you see in the formation UI are eyes in the simple customization mode.
lol have they even promoted that at all? i've heard nothing about it

I haven't heard PR about it since E3, but they've been quiet in general. Lots of conventions lately though.

I will
whenever it hits $20 for physical

I know Famitsu reviews aren't worth much, but at least it's the best reviewed game in this week's issue.

Makai Shin Trillion (PSV) – 9/8/8/9 [34/40]

Hoping for a localization sooner rather than later :)

Huh, that's surprising. I think IFI is taking a bit of a break as they polish off the rebirths, but I'm sure we'll get plenty of stuff next year if it doesn't hit this year. I've been on an import kick but not for this one, I'll wait for english so I know what's going on.

I honestly expected it to score below 30.
Legit good or a hefty check? News at whenever JapanGAF gets it.

I doubt Compile Heart has the ability to offer a hefty check.

N++ out on July 28th (US) and 29th (EU)

2360 levels lol

Some pricing info
Yes, N++ will be coming to your PS4 on July 28, 2015. As a special treat for PlayStation players, it’s a whopping 20% off if you pre-order in the next two weeks! Bonus: you also get an awesome N++ theme for your PS4.
[Aside: This kind of discount will not be happening much, so if you’re looking to get N++ on the cheap, now’s your chance! Actually we’ll be raising the price when the first big update comes out (it will effectively double the size of the game). More info on that soon ;)]

So yeah, Day1 for me

no pre-order for EU and no mention of the theme, but a 20% discount for the first two weeks after release

SerTapTap

I think more games need to do what Axiom Verge and seemingly what N++ is doing, minor discount at launch and make it clear it won't be cheaper any time soon. Between sales and PS+ way too many people are trained to ignore new indie releases in case they become free or go on sale, then the games that don't go on sale (and don't make that clear up front) slip through the cracks.

And I like the "10% discount for the first week" thing a bit better than preorder price drops personally. Encourages "day one" sales, but AFTER people have a chance to read reviews, win-win for the player.

also 2360 levels how

Has anyone had the "status" light on the front of their ps4 stop working? My system still turns on and works normally but the light doesn't come on anymore.

kevin1025

Banned
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, The Fall, Hatoful Boyfriend, Journey, N++, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Volume, and then possibly Galak-Z all between now and September? Save me from these awesome digital games!

SerTapTap

That...is certainly out of nowhere. what's with all the surprise releases? July looked dead for months, there's been at least 5 July games announced in july now.

SerTapTap

First PLAY where the Vita is completely left out of the promotion.

It's also probably the most high-profile set of games the PLAY promo has ever had, not surprising those games focus on PS4. Especially with 2 Sony funded and N++ was seemingly having dev issues with how long it took to come to PS4.

RK128

First PLAY where the Vita is completely left out of the promotion.

And that is a shame :(. But considering all of those games really 'use' the PS4's power, I guess it isn't that bad. Besides, N++ will hopefully be getting a Vita port down the line, so PS4 owners who get that might also get a Vita version of the game for free latter down the line.

Sony might do a Vita-centric indie sale in the future too (as a ton of indie games come to the Vita :D), so that will make up for the PLAY 2015 deal not having Vita content.

N++ is $19.99 with 20% Plus discount
Galak-Z is out August 4th, same price, same discount
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, August 11th, same price, same discount

both part of the PLAY promotion in the US which gets you a 10% voucher when you buy 2 or more titles

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/07/14/playstation-store-play-2015-starts-tuesday/

For $12, I feel like it might be time for me to play Journey. $16 seems a bit pricey for a new version of a flash game I used to play for free, and the other two aren't jumping out at me as must-plays. The 10% of coupon really isn't doing much to convince me to get a second game either.

Top Bottom