• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2015

How not to succeed:

- announce localization of a super obscure game on ps3 the same time japan gets an expanded version on vita
- wait more than a year to release the ps3 build in the west
- release it as a digital-only title
- release it at a price higher than $15 (price announcement pending)

That almost sounds like Arc System Work's strategy for Europe

kunnikuman

Neo Member
I only list the Ico Collection for a few reasons:
-The last of the 'Collection' line that Sony made on the PS3 (all their PS2 remasters found homes on Vita but the Ico Collection)
-It would hype up the release of the Last Guardian (which only has a '2016' date; we don't know if it means early, summer or fall 2016)
-Could be Bluepoints next project after completion of the Uncharted Collection
No it is not the last. Didn't get GOW Origins Collection(Oh wait I guess that doesn't because its on PSP/PSP Remaster ), Killzone HD, or Deadlocked.

They would port it to PS4 if they were going for 'hype'.

Bluepoint is too expensive for Sony to do a Vita game. If you said Mass Media, I could believe it.

How not to succeed:

- announce localization of a super obscure game on ps3 the same time japan gets an expanded version on vita
Is it even possible to succeed

RK128

How not to succeed:

Wow, so they really messed up handling the games localization to the west then :(.

I guess they didn't expect the Vita to be such a boon for localization by the time they got the rights to bring it over to the west, leading it to be locked to the PS3 first then PS Vita latter on.

RK128

No it is not the last. Didn't get GOW Origins Collection(Oh wait I guess that doesn't because its on PSP/PSP Remaster ), Killzone HD, or Deadlocked.

They would port it to PS4 if they were going for 'hype'.

Bluepoint is too expensive for Sony to do a Vita game. If you said Mass Media, I could believe it.

I guess the PS Collections can come to the Vita like this if Sony bothered to do more of them:
-Ico Collection by Mass Media: Summer 2016 Release Date
-Killzone HD by Sanzaru Games: Spring 2016 Release Date
-Dreadlocked HD by Sanzaru Games: Fall 2016 Release Date

Sony wont bother re-mastering the GoW Origins Collection due to PSP versions existing already and them being Vita-compatible.

I guess the PS Collections can come to the Vita like this if Sony bothered to do more of them:

Sony wont bother re-mastering the GoW Origins Collection due to PSP versions existing already and them being Vita-compatible.

I like your enthusiasm, but none of this will happen :)

RK128

I like your enthusiasm, but none of this will happen :)

You make a good point; we would have seen them by now if Sony wanted to do this (like how they release the God of War, Sly and Ratchet Collections last year).

Edit: Bringing up Dreadlocked made me listen to its soundtrack again and I have to say, some really great music pieces in the game :D! I know its not related to the discussion, but I love the soundtracks of the PS2 Ratchets and while Going Commando's is my favorite, Dreadlocked as tracks that really make you pumped up for combat :).

I wonder if Sony will bring their PS2 Collections to PS4 now that we are talking about them; it would be interesting to see how many play the Ratchet games online (as Up Your Arsenal and Dreadlocked still retain their online modes in the remasters on PS3).

Saphirax

New Tokyo Xanadu characters:

Tokyo-Xanadu_2015_07-16-15_002.jpg

Tokyo-Xanadu_07-16-15_002.jpg

Also some details on special events called 'Kizuna episodes'

http://gematsu.com/2015/07/tokyo-xanadu-screenshots-introduce-tomoaki-morimaru-kizuna-episodes

NIS also decided to bombard us with 21 new The Witch and the hundred knight revival videos.

http://gematsu.com/2015/07/the-witc...ht-revival-21-new-gameplay-videos-screenshots

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

Saphirax

Love it how sometimes the quote system doesnt help too much lol. Makes me sad when I quote larger images then find out it didnt change much. D:

I replaced the first image :D. Still shows the new character, but there weren't any other pics of the other character. Although, luckily, the second image isn't as big as the first one was.

maouvin

Love it how sometimes the quote system doesnt help too much lol. Makes me sad when I quote larger images then find out it didnt change much. D:

Even then, putting the images into quotes prevent them from showing again if someone quotes you, keeping the thread clean. Not a lost effort!

SerTapTap

Quotes really help super tall images, but suck for super wide ones, and sometimes they don't seem to help at all even for moderately tall ones.

The embargo for Tembo the Badass elephant will lift the 17th for certain video coverage. Since my video didn't show late parts of the game anyway it should go live then! They're doing a Nintendo-y early but with weird conditions embargo. Written reviews come the 20th.

SerTapTap

Regarding the Vita version of Eiyuu Senki, I just found this on Fruitbat Factory's forums:

I guess it won't be happening, then. Unless it's something like "it bombed on the PS3, we must cover our costs with localization by taking advantage of the script and release the Vita version".

Fruitbat probably has fairly modest goals. They localize lots of smaller titles on Steam, they seem cool enough. Didn't actually know they did console stuff. Who knows though. I would think the cost of localizing would be >> the cost of a digital vita port

jvm

Gamasutra.
Why is Axiom Verge not on mah Vee-tah yet? :(

Finally getting around to finishing up the PS4 version, but I'm continuously frustrated that I can't simply play this on my PSV.

Greddleok

Why is Axiom Verge not on mah Vee-tah yet? :(

Finally getting around to finishing up the PS4 version, but I'm continuously frustrated that I can't simply play this on my PSV.

I put it on hold until the Vita version arrives. HOW MUCH LONGER?!

SerTapTap

I put it on hold until the Vita version arrives. HOW MUCH LONGER?!

Sony was/is getting Monogame ported to Vita before the game itself can be. Once that happens, other monogame games may come to Vita as well.

Game does remote play well though, other than needing a couple buttons thrown on the front touch (I recommend Drill and
address bomb
as they're almost never used in time-sensitive situations). I enjoyed it on PS4 anyway, it's the sort of game I like to sit just in front of the TV and soak it all in.

Would love them to do qHD remasters of PSP games...like a Patapon Collection for Vita (maybe PS4 as well). Setup for the Patapon 4 that we surprisingly have not and probably will never get for the Vita.

SerTapTap

I am STILL pissed there is no native Vita Locoroco OR patapon game. Those games were the essence of PSP to me.

A remaster, ideally touching up Patapon 1's difficulty/permadeath and Patapon 3's grind, would be a great way to at least get some money out of those franchises and get them on the Vita in a better way. Yeah they work on Vita, but they should be an easy remaster (2D art, better AA, would look great), there's some issues they could fix as I mentioned, and getting the DLC for Patapon 2&3 on Vita is impossible.

And they could have online sharing of Locoroco 1 levels!

Shizuka

How not to succeed:

It's almost as bad as when Ar nosurge Plus was announced in Japan days before Ar nosurge was released in the West. Eiyuu Senki has it a lot worse indeed.

SerTapTap

Oh the Vita version is an enhanced one? I kind of hate that trend honestly. Wouldn't mind it if the bonus content were patched into the PS3 edition though. Hell, even as paid DLC.

SerTapTap

If the purpose of an enhanced edition is to leech more money out of people who already bought the game like an asshole, sure, but that's why I mentioned paid DLC. If the intent is to broaden the audience with a new version then no, it doesn't help at all. Either way it's a shitty way to go IMO, and it's caused a LOT of distrust especially for PS3 games.

And especially when the western non-enhanced release comes out after the JP enhanced one is announced. I know I won't buy the worse version, but I don't know if I'll come back when the enhanced one does. That can't be positive on sales at all. I wonder how many people even double dip, I can't really imagine double dippers alone justify enough dev time.

Western indie games do this the right way most of the time--like Towerfall.

Free or cheap updates to an "enhanced" version are actually quite common on PC, latest example Divinity: Original Sin.

Selling enhanced ports only at full price seems to be mainly a Japanese thing in my experience. It's like only selling GOTY versions without selling the DLC separatly and that's pretty absurd if you think about it.

So my PS3 freezes everytime I start it up and select a profile. I went into safe mode and rebuilt the database and it still won't let me use any of my profiles. Am I screwed?

Guys, what happens if I order/purchase 2 items in Amazon but one is temporarily out of stock? Do they send me just the item that is not out of stock or do they wait until they have the other item in stock to send me both items in a single package?

I ask because Danganronpa 2 is finally 30 but its out of stock and I don't want to pay double shipping, the other item is Muramasa Rebirth.

You can select either option at checkout. So you can select that they ship it when both are in stock.

Excellent, thanks.

Guys, what happens if I order/purchase 2 items in Amazon but one is temporarily out of stock? Do they send me just the item that is not out of stock or do they wait until they have the other item in stock to send me both items in a single package?

I ask because Danganronpa 2 is finally 30 but its out of stock and I don't want to pay double shipping, the other item is Muramasa Rebirth.
You can select either option at checkout. So you can select that they ship it when both are in stock.

RK128

Very nice! It was part of PS+ for PS4, no? I wonder if there's cross-buy so Vita/PS3 owners can get in on it for free.

The thread never mentioned cross-buy, so I guess it might not support that :l. Still, the game looks interesting, so if its at a good price and it runs well on Vita, I will gladly pick it up :D.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

data

So, that one time where people thought you could download FC4 and The Crew for free but they ended up being demos, the same bug happened to Fez and Trine 2. At the time my PS+ subscription lapsed but I did get both games when they were on PS+. Now I don't have the licenses anymore due to downloading them both during the bug even if I have PS+. Do you think Sony would give me the licenses again if I called them and told them about it?

Top Bottom