• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2015

RK128

my PS4 gets here tomorrow, this is the first thing I'm downloading

Congrats on getting the PS4 :D! Hope you have a ton of fun with its software, as it has a lot of games :).

When I get mine this fall.....I have so many games to play on it thanks to PS+ XD!

kunnikuman

Neo Member
Yep, developed when the system still had promise for games of that expectation.

Hell the only thing Sony has put real money into since then was The Show.
Really? This year they put out a legacy edition and they didn't mention anywhere of that but ps blog.
Basically a scam since other 2 version got updated with more content and most people wouldn't be aware of that.
They didn't make it clear on box that its just a roster update, EA has been more clear on that with Fifa.

Hikami

Congrats on getting the PS4 :D! Hope you have a ton of fun with its software, as it has a lot of games :).

When I get mine this fall.....I have so many games to play on it thanks to PS+ XD!
I know right, I have so many things to play already because of the PS+ stuff.

Just wanted to pop in and say I impulsed on The Fall this past Tuesday and wow! What a gem. Very cool, unique story that's structured in a way that totally fits the puzzle gameplay. Really enjoying it.

Doesn't hurt that it's $10 regular and a buck or two off with a PS+ discount this week

wilflare

not sure if I got to celebrate an awesome milestone with one of my fav communities (yes Vita -and PSN- GAF)

I finally graduated on Monday (the ceremony was on Monday)
haha now it's time to enter the working world :O
---

Congrats wil!
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
I found this nice infographic? / picture guide from Reddit. Its about the DRPGs for the vita, both localized / not yet localized. I think a game is missing here, a reprinted psp game from EXP. Cannot remember the name of it though.
av6IO93.jpg

Ephidel

Congrats wil!
I found this nice infographic? / picture guide from Reddit. Its about the DRPGs for the vita, both localized / not yet localized. I think a game is missing here, a reprinted psp game from EXP. Cannot remember the name of it though.
There's Cross Blood Ultimate, which is a reprint of Cross Blood which is already on the list. I think it's pretty much the same game though.

Edit: I forgot to say that I like the infographic, and wouldn't have seen it otherwise as I don't check reddit often so cheers for posting it :)

I got the Broken Sword 5 bundle for the Vita and I have no idea what the hell I need to download.

When I bought the bundle it gave me a 1.7GB and a 740MB file(roundabout-ish). So I install the first file, and it showed up as Broken Sword 5 on the icon. I had a quick go of it, and turned it off. The smaller file then installed, and now the icon is showing up as Broken Sword 5 Ep 1, but the file size is about 2.4GB. When I look on the PSN store Episode 2 still says free, not download, indicating that I've not downloaded that before. So yeah, I'm suitably confused.

Will the bundle allow me to play both games from the same icon, or is it going to be like Telltale Games where each episode is it's own thing"

Saphirax

I got the Broken Sword 5 bundle for the Vita and I have no idea what the hell I need to download.

When I bought the bundle it gave me a 1.7GB and a 740MB file(roundabout-ish). So I install the first file, and it showed up as Broken Sword 5 on the icon. I had a quick go of it, and turned it off. The smaller file then installed, and now the icon is showing up as Broken Sword 5 Ep 1, but the file size is about 2.4GB. When I look on the PSN store Episode 2 still says free, not download, indicating that I've not downloaded that before. So yeah, I'm suitably confused.

Will the bundle allow me to play both games from the same icon, or is it going to be like Telltale Games where each episode is it's own thing"

Different icons.

~~~~~~

Gust posted a new video for Atelier Sophie. If you don't blink you can see even some gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVOYAKdbHl0

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Congrats wil!

theres no sense in it including the other version of crossblood as getting the latest one infinity ultimate is all you need

that pic should have been infinity ultimate on there as that is the latest one for crossblood.

its hilarious how they put hard game for the generation xth titles. abyss, babel and crossblood. they are easier than demon gaze in general. cept the crossblood endgame stuff can put up a challenge. the main story stuff is fairly simple once you break out of the noob phase that exists in all drpgs

that is a cool pic though

Congrats wil!

Nice. I've been vaguely interested in getting into DRPGs, but I wasn't sure where to start. Guess I'll watch out for Demon Gaze. Thanks!

not sure if I got to celebrate an awesome milestone with one of my fav communities (yes Vita -and PSN- GAF)

---

Congrats, I've got one more semester until then.

SerTapTap

A lesser known footnote in "why PSN sucks", I've recently learned that due to how PSN is set up, functional review codes cannot be given for games that have a preorder available on PSN until the game releases. Ridiculous. I wonder if that's part of why indie games never seem to have preorders.

Congrats wil!

This is reminding me I should probably be playing Demon Gaze before Operation Abyss but for some reason I'm liking Abyss more. Granted I haven't gotten to any "hard" parts yet.

---

Congrats! Even a cat can get a degree

RK128

---

Congrats man :D! Have two more years for me (getting a teaching degree takes a long time X() and a few certification exams on the way (first one is next month.....wish me luck with it guys :D!).

Good luck in the working world Wilflare and you should be proud of yourself for working so hard in college :).

---

Woot Wil, go get 'em. 2 more years on my side aha. Good luck out there!

SerTapTap

Can you make a thread about it?

Someone could probably make a review/preview thread (preview video embargo is officially up and there's several videos, full written coverage on the 20th, full video embargo ends at launch) but I wouldn't feel comfortable posting the thread and including my video.

adburns

I received a code today from Sony offering me PlayStation Plus for 14 months for the price of 12. I redeemed the code but not sure what to do next!

Should the store update with a specific PS+ product with this offer or should I get the 12 month version?

Also, if I get a 12 month code from a 3rd party site will i still be eligible for the +2 months?

Thanks

Takao

Banned

The protagonist in Hero Death brings the world to peace after defeating the demon lord, but he also gets killed in the process. Since he was such a gentle soul, he gets a chance to live for five more days, where he’ll get to go around looking at the world he saved.

However, there are still some problems going on in the world, and he’ll be a good hero and use selflessly use his last days to try fixing the problems. On the sixth day, he’ll inevitably die… but fear not! He’ll come back to life and will be able to start over from after he killed the demon lord.

As long as there’s unfinished business remaining, you’ll get to keep retrying over and over; however, unlike the 1993 Bill Murray film, your character will gradually get weaker over time, and will need to get help from others. If you go too reckless, your HP will eventually just be 1 before you inevitably pass away until another cycle.

In Hero Death there is no way to avoid death on the sixth day, and there will be a funeral ceremony at the end. Depending on how far you get in the scenario and the folks you meet, the ending and words of the funeral will change.

Once the funeral is over, you can go back to the start of the five days and meet people you haven’t met, clear problems that you weren’t able to before, and go to areas you weren’t able to visit in order to see the full picture of the game’s story.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/1...-actually-die-in-the-end/#0YAVF60CVGukaWUz.99

Recap for those that didn't follow the teaser/announcement thread:

This is a PS Vita remake of a 2007 feature phone game called Hero Must Die:

E3mRQFi.png
I52qsBT.png
3orValD.png

Official Site: http://nippon1.jp/consumer/yushashisu/system.html
Release Date: February 25, 2016

The hero of Hero Must Die only has five days to live. This is following a bout with the demon king, through which he was killed. But even with the demon king’s defeat, the world still faced a number of problems. Thus, the hero is granted five more days to live, and as him, players can take on a variety of actions that result in different endings.

New elements include:

• New scenarios across every heroine, as well as two brand new heroines.
  • Music arrangement and new music by Kenji Ito.
  • A voiced main character.
Characters include:
  • Hero (voiced by Tsubasa Yonaga)
  • Yuria the Angel (voiced by Asami Imai)
  • Devil King (voiced by Tsuguo Mogami)
  • Princess Flora (voiced by Rie Murakawa)
Staff includes:
  • Planning, Game Design, and Scenario – Shoji Masuda
  • Music – Kenji Ito
  • Character Design: Tetsu Kurosawa
  • Development: Pyramid
  • Producer: Moto Suganuma

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2015/07/hero-must-die-ps-vita-remake-announced#ewbSlv4ret7uJSAR.99

That's the Pyramid behind the Patapon games and the Kiseki Evolution ports. They also developed the original release of Hero Must Die.

wilflare

thanks guys
and reading all the quotes... I should really post when I'm more awake....
I meant to say "not sure if I posted before... but..."

sigh hahaha

almost done with NekoBlock!

RK128

Recap for those that didn't follow the teaser/announcement thread:

This is a PS Vita remake of a 2007 feature phone game called Hero Must Die:

E3mRQFi.png
I52qsBT.png
3orValD.png

Official Site: http://nippon1.jp/consumer/yushashisu/system.html
Release Date: February 25, 2016

That's the Pyramid behind the Patapon games and the Kiseki Evolution ports. They also developed the original release of Hero Must Die.

Wow, so this is like Majora's Mask, in the since that you have to manage your schedule to get the most 'stuff' done before the cycle starts anew.

I loved that in Majora's Mask and the fact you can't keep re-doing the cycles over and over again (as each cycle passing makes you 'weaker') give the game even more tension; either you get the harder stuff done in the first one or two cycles then focus on the smaller tasks, or you do the smaller tasks first and the harder tasks latter on once multiple cycles pass.

Such an inventive concept and I wonder how the time system is going to work; will the game have a clock on the screen like Majora's Mask for example or will you have simple 'Day 1' after completing 2 or 4 tasks. Edit: Never mind, saw the clock in the remake screen shot.

Looking forward to this game and I hope it get localized for the west :).

RK128

Phone version looks dope as hell.

I wonder if the Phone version will be an unlockable after you beat the game once or something. I like the art-style of the phone version a bit more then the remake's art style, but both look great in my eyes :).

autoduelist

I found this nice infographic?

Ever since the Dukes of Hazzard nobody can spell hazard anymore.

my PS4 gets here tomorrow, this is the first thing I'm downloading

rocket league is a good start. then binding of isaac and resogun. give drive club a whirl. seriously, the ps+ games alone will last you quite awhile.

then get bloodborne in the mix somewhere.

its hilarious how they put hard game for the generation xth titles. abyss, babel and crossblood. they are easier than demon gaze in general.

I thought DG was super easy. I don't think Abyss is easier -- it's much easier for someone to get stuck in a hard battle where they use up their spells, then immediately get put into another battle [or three].

Don't get me wrong, Abyss is still easy... but I agree with the infographic that DG was a 'beginner' drpg for sure, whereas between obtuseness and difficulty Abyss is a tiny step up.

Takao

Banned
I wonder if the Phone version will be an unlockable after you beat the game once or something. I like the art-style of the phone version a bit more then the remake's art style, but both look great in my eyes :).

NIS used to do the Appli Archives PSM releases, so it's definitely possible the original gets thrown in as a bonus.

RK128

Just a heads up for anyone interested; the Flash Sale is live on PSN now, but the sales tab/banner/ect isn't up yet.

But if you search for the games in the web PSN store, you can find the sale games on sale.

The prices are quite good, as just from some simple searching, I found the prices of the following games
-Rebirth 2 is 16 bucks
-Rebirth 1 is 6 bucks
-Hyper Dimension Noire is 16 bucks
-Another World is 1.25$
-Gradius Collection is 5 bucks
-Soldner X2 is 3.25

So, if you go to the web store you can find the games at their sale prices now :D! No Plus discounts but the flash sale prices are very good :).

Shizuka

I just noticed that during three weeks in August, I'll get a new Vita game. XBlaze: Lost Memories, DT2 and Amnesia: Memories, from the ones that already have release dates set.

RK128

I just noticed that during three weeks in August, I'll get a new Vita game. XBlaze: Lost Memories, DT2 and Amnesia: Memories, from the ones that already have release dates set.

Its nice knowing what you want to play is coming out in a timely manner :). You can give each game a lot of attention for that week, so your focus isn't bouncing from game to game :D.

That happens to me....leaving my backlog very large XD!

All my Vita has seen is dust for past 2-3 months /: it's gonna stay that way too until Danganronpa drops...

You just gotta fucking love it when the mail man doesn't even knock on the door to deliver your package, I was home when the notice was dropped. Now I can't even pick it up until Monday. Just lovely. Just fucking lovely.

RK128

If you have ever enjoyed a shmup, get dat shit. Was expecting $10

Great prices all around actually. I guess the flash sales usually are.

I'm debating on whenever to get that and the other shooters they have on sale or just Rebirth 2 and 2-4 dollar game......

Considering Gradius is rarely ever on sale, I might just get that latter on though :).

You just gotta fucking love it when the mail man doesn't even knock on the door to deliver your package, I was home when the notice was dropped. Now I can't even pick it up until Monday. Just lovely. Just fucking lovely.

I don't order things that often, but my mom has her name on the mail box, so whenever stuff is delivered, they always know to put it in there. Maybe you could do that so in the future, the mail men don't mess up your delivery. Sorry that happened to you names :(.

All my Vita has seen is dust for past 2-3 months /: it's gonna stay that way too until Danganronpa drops...

I've been on and off playing Vita games this week; put so much time into Tales of Hearts R and now I have no desire to go back to it despite being so close to the end :l.

Been bouncing between a few of the PS+ games though (Geometry Wars 3 and Futuridum EP Deluxe) and even some PSP games (tried playing Dracula X last night and I died so many times on the third level XD! Guess I'm not good playing classic Castlevannia :l).

Top Bottom