• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2015

VGP (the P already stands for + ;) ) customer service was never an issue for me. They seem to reply to most of my questions on twitter and I never had problems that weren't resolved.

What were your problems with them?

Saphirax

VGP (the P already stands for + ;) ) customer service was never an issue for me. They seem to reply to most of my questions on twitter and I never had problems that weren't resolved.

What were your problems with them?

Didn't have any issues with my first order. In fact eveything was stellar. Only when I went to import a 3DS did I run into issues.
They cancelled my order and sent me an e-mail saying my order was 'a money risk' because the name on my CC and the name I used for delivery were different. Even though I never ran into such an issue elsewhere it was understandable. I explained that I placed the order under my grandmother's name because the apartment was under her name and we had issues with mail before.

Since my order had been cancelled, I went to make another one and this time under my name. They cancelled it as well, sent me another e-mail saying how they noticed I changed the details and repeated the same thing about my order being 'a money risk'.
After that I never bothered with them again.

SerTapTap

HOLY SHIT KONAMI REMEMBERED GRADIUS COLLECTION PSP!
If anyone is making the thread for the sale, please mention it in the thread title, that thing has never gone in sale in over 2 years.

Gradius PSP is Vita compatible but needs transf. from PS3 to Vita first.

Oh shit it's in the sale?! I've been meaning to get to that

VGP+ has been getting most imports, it's nice to have an alternative to Play-Asia, it's a shame their customer service is trash.

Is there some sort of customs thing/law preventing Amazon.jp from sending games overseas? You can import books, CDs and even select DVDs of identical size but never games from them.

Auctopus

Was turned off by the artwork in Deception IV but it was a demo and I felt like playing something new...

This gameplay is actually pretty fun, the kills are satisfying and it feels like some cheap Demon's Souls x Catherine knock-off. I could definitely see myself picking it up for like £15 at a later date.

I wonder if it gets incredibly repetitive though.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Was turned off by the artwork in Deception IV but it was a demo and I felt like playing something new...

This gameplay is actually pretty fun, the kills are satisfying and it feels like some cheap Demon's Souls x Catherine knock-off. I could definitely see myself picking it up for like £15 at a later date.

I wonder if it gets incredibly repetitive though.

series has been around since the original playstation days. hardly a knockoff of anything.

I've been checking playasia and found out quite a lot of stuff being sold out.

Are there any alternatives to play asia? I remember a hongkong based export site that some people bought from here before.

I've been checking playasia and found out quite a lot of stuff being sold out.

Are there any alternatives to play asia? I remember a hongkong based export site that some people bought from here before.

This sounds oblivious probably but why not Amazon US? Their shipping cost is minimal (at least to Turkey, so I kind of assume it would be similar for Europe).

No idea for other places. IIRC Nippon Yasan was a website that was an alternative but I am not sure.

SerTapTap

Since it's somewhat urgent I'll cross post this in here

So are Yu-Nama Puzzle and No Heroes Allowed: No Puzzles Either the same game or? I love the series, am less a fan of the puzzle stuff, but if it's got jokes/etc not in the F2P game I want it.

Went through PSM and got rydmykklywhateverspl , Oh Deer and Gunhouse. I can't even find Tokyo Jungle Mobile.

RK128

Since it's somewhat urgent I'll cross post this in here

Went through PSM and got rydmykklywhateverspl , Oh Deer and Gunhouse. I can't even find Tokyo Jungle Mobile.

If you are asking if No Heroes Allowed is a PSN game or not, its a native Vita title; not a PSM game.

So, if you never downloaded it, you can find it on the PSN store :).

SerTapTap

I'll just poke around the native version then. I do like the idea of being able to basically buy the removal of the F2Pness

Bowl0l

HOLY SHIT KONAMI REMEMBERED GRADIUS COLLECTION PSP!
If anyone is making the thread for the sale, please mention it in the thread title, that thing has never gone in sale in over 2 years.

Gradius PSP is Vita compatible but needs transf. from PS3 to Vita first.
Which PSN? I didn't see it @NA PSN.

autoduelist

Yeah, it's best you stop with this because you really don't seem to be getting it, especially when you started by replying that 1 million downloads means nothing. I'm discussing why it failed, which you seem to agree to, but then you jump ahead and say it got shut down due to lack of people playing it, which, while true, has zero bearing on why it failed, and I have no idea why you're trying to bring it into the discussion, It totally comes off as you trying to blame lack of support as the reason it failed, regardless of your intentions.

I don't seem to be getting it? You didn't bring the game up. I did. I didn't respond to you, you responded to -my- post. And I was -not- discussing why it failed, yet you insisted I was and repeatedly insisted I was saying things I wasn't [telling me I was blaming the customer, etc], despite me telling you repeatedly that I wasn't talking about causation. I know you were "discussing why it failed"... that just had no relevance to my point that you were responding to. I literally do not care about why it was a financial failure, and it has no relevance to any point i was making in my OP. But whatever, I give up.

RK128

What is the technical explanation for the PS3>Vita transfarring instead of direct download? Incompetence?

I guess its Sony's way of allowing a number of games they lost/cannot get the liscence to get playable on Vita in some fashion.

I do think its due to a very, very slow roll-out of the Vita PSN store, but at this point, who knows :l.

There is a licencing grey area and sadly titles like the Crash series for example to not 'work' on Vita despite the fact they run very well on Vita if you got them through the 'Great PSN Glitch of 2014'. Heck, Spyro 2, a game with slow-down issues on PS3 runs much better on Vita (at least it did to me).

It would be nice if Sony really opened the flood-gates like they did by 'accident' in early 2014, but at this point, I don't expect them to :l.

Its a shame we have to use our PS3's just to play a few games on our Vita's but Sony is weird at times :l.

RK128

Did that alternate look Ciri DLC for Witcher 3 drop yet or is that next week?

I don't know about the games DLC schedule but here is the NA PSN Store link to all of the currently available DLC.

A number of the quests/skins/ect are free, so that is nice :D.

Is this a flash sale? ��

Yes, a Flash sale on PSN is coming this Friday and its theme around Sci-Fi (so stuff like Mass Effect and the like will be on sale).

Here is a link to the thread about the sale and the Gradius game is part of the sale :D! That is why people are talking about it, as it rarely goes on sale, so if you can get it, you should get it when the sale starts.

kunnikuman

Neo Member
I don't seem to be getting it? You didn't bring the game up. I did. I didn't respond to you, you responded to -my- post. And I was -not- talking about why it failed, yet you insisted I was and repeatedly insisted I was saying things I wasn't [telling me I was blaming the customer, etc], despite me telling you repeatedly that I wasn't talking about causation. I know you were "discussing why it failed"... that just had no relevance to my point that you were responding to. But whatever, I give up.
This is hilarious. Cant believe now your making things up as you go. Maybe want to back and edit again?

You responded to his post so you brought this up yourself, not Ventara.

autoduelist

What is the technical explanation for the PS3>Vita transfarring instead of direct download? Incompetence?

Licensing issues is the most likely reason.
Incompetence is also possible.

For example, the licensing contract may specifically limit what devices the game may be downloaded to from PSN, but not specifically limit/discuss what devices it can be played on. If this is the case, then Sony is doing us a favor and using that loophole to allow transfarring.

But of course, no one knows for sure. But that is a legitimate explanation and quite possible in the world of licensing.

RK128

Yeah, I checked the store earlier today and there wasn't anything I didn't already have. IGN posted an article about it the other day so I assumed it would be up this week.

My bet if the press are talking about the DLC, then it should be coming soon then to hype up the announcement (as this is a expansion pack to the game I think).

Hope the linked helped you somehow and that you look forward to the DLC :D. Heard great things about Witcher 3, have fun with the content whenever it lands :).

Shizuka

Regarding the Vita version of Eiyuu Senki, I just found this on Fruitbat Factory's forums:

You can consider it in consideration! Depends entirely on PS3 sales though.

I guess it won't be happening, then. Unless it's something like "it bombed on the PS3, we must cover our costs with localization by taking advantage of the script and release the Vita version".

RK128

Regarding the Vita version of Eiyuu Senki, I just found this on Fruitbat Factory's forums:

I guess it won't be happening, then.

That is a shame then :(. I guess either another publisher will have to step in to make the PS Vita version a reality or that they use whatever funds they get from PS3 sales into making a Vita version.

Did they ever consider making it for the PC? Because the Ys series got success on that platform, so they might get success if they bring Eiyuu Senki to Steam in the future :).

autoduelist

This is hilarious. Cant believe now your making things up as you go. Maybe want to back and edit again?

You responded to his post so you brought this up yourself, not Ventara.

I brought up Destiny of Spirits in post #1729 and there are several posts afterwards that, like mine, are talking only about financials. His initial post about DoS was #1741, in which he redirected it from being about the financials as to 'why' it failed in a general sense ("The game was a pure grind. It's failure is squarely on the shoulders of Sony and the developers.", etc) and shifted it to causation and 'blame'. That is where this stupid conversation about DoS went off the rails and where the misunderstanding/miscommunication began because he thought I was talking about causation too, but I never was [neither was Saphirax, who he initially responded to, or RK128, etc]. He thought I was blaming customers, but I wasn't assigning any blame. You are correct it's all part of a larger conversation, but this ridiculous debate is about DoS, and his initial misunderstanding of what others were talking about. It's seriously not a big deal, I just do not like when people misconstrue my statements and claim I'm 'blaming customers' and what not when that has nothing to do with what I was saying.

You can agitate elsewhere, thanks.

Bowl0l

Yes, a Flash sale on PSN is coming this Friday and its theme around Sci-Fi (so stuff like Mass Effect and the like will be on sale).

Here is a link to the thread about the sale and the Gradius game is part of the sale :D! That is why people are talking about it, as it rarely goes on sale, so if you can get it, you should get it when the sale starts.
Shenmue 3 KS, preorder HITMAN and Until Dawn, plus this flash sale. Not looking good for my wallet...

RK128

Shenmue 3 KS, preorder HITMAN and Until Dawn, plus this flash sale. Not looking good for my wallet...

Sony wants all the money man XD.

I might get one or two games, but with my backlog so large....might skip out on the flash sale this time :).

You could just get the Gradius game from the sale, that way you can still get everything else you want.

kunnikuman

Neo Member
I brought up Destiny of Spirits in post #1729. His post responding to said post about DoS is where this stupid conversation went off the rails and where the misunderstanding/miscommunication began. You are correct it's all part of a larger conversation, but this ridiculous debate is about DoS, and his initial misunderstanding of my statement.

You can agitate elsewhere, thanks.
But he didn't respond to you first like you are accusing. You first responded to him. He only replied to another user at first, and not to you. You started the conversation in both instances. You can keep twisting around your words regardless. Im off.

I guess it won't be happening, then. Unless it's something like "it bombed on the PS3, we must cover our costs with localization by taking advantage of the script and release the Vita version".

While I like that there's a possibility, I can't see myself (or many others) buying the game twice, so that doesn't make a lot of sense. They should just say yes or no and not make us responsible for a localization of the port.

Maybe it'll be cross-buy at least

RK128

this thread... :O
I almost couldn't recognise it.

---
quite excited for the Flash Sale. lol some titles I want are on the list

I'm looking forward to it too, but mainly to see what games go on sale. I own a lot of the games in that sale list (with the only ones I really want being Rebirth 2 if its at a good price and that Gradius PSP Collection), but it would be interesting to see the prices of the games :).

I hope a lot of people pick up Metal Gear Rising, as it really is a fantastic game :). Best game I played this year so far (got it early this year and I loved it :D!). Rules of nature man XD!

Okay, update. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the PS4 pre-order for Journey so that I could play it on my PS3 (I don't have a PS4 yet) because the blog has listed it as a cross-buy title since its PS4 announcement.

However! It hasn't yet shown up in my download list. I talked to customer support and they said I should just be able to download it (nope). The blog write-ups for the announcement only really make reference to the cross-buy functionality being that if you bought it on the PS3 you'll get it on the PS4, but it doesn't explicitly mention of it works the other way. This might also be because it's a pre-order. Only time will tell... And/or the next conversation I have with Sony support.

RK128

Okay, update. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the PS4 pre-order for Journey so that I could play it on my PS3 (I don't have a PS4 yet) because the blog has listed it as a cross-buy title since its PS4 announcement.

However! It hasn't yet shown up in my download list. I talked to customer support and they said I should just be able to download it (nope). The blog write-ups for the announcement only really make reference to the cross-buy functionality being that if you bought it on the PS3 you'll get it on the PS4, but it doesn't explicitly mention of it works the other way. This might also be because it's a pre-order. Only time will tell... And/or the next conversation I have with Sony support.

I'm surprised its part of the Play Pre-Order program considering its came out on PS3 a while back alongside the PS4 port being cross-buy with the PS4 version (meaning, people who bought the game for PS3 like me are getting the PS4 version for 'free').

In your case, the PS3 version didn't activate due to the PS4 version not being out yet. When that comes out and its on the PSN systems, your pre-order will 'unlock' the PS4 version and in turn, the PS3 version will activate as well.

Never pre-ordered anything on PSN, so I don't know how it works. But, I hope this helps you somewhat and you enjoy Journey when it comes out :). It really is a beautiful game and it must look amazing on PS4 :').

Chuy

you people get way too worked up about video games
It's a gaming forum what do you expect?

Despite the current legacy status the system has I'm kinda curious how 2016 is going to treat it given all the quality games announced for it. Hopefully more Wil get announced soon.

I'm surprised its part of the Play Pre-Order program considering its came out on PS3 a while back alongside the PS4 port being cross-buy with the PS4 version (meaning, people who bought the game for PS3 like me are getting the PS4 version for 'free').

In your case, the PS3 version didn't activate due to the PS4 version not being out yet. When that comes out and its on the PSN systems, your pre-order will 'unlock' the PS4 version and in turn, the PS3 version will activate as well.

Never pre-ordered anything on PSN, so I don't know how it works. But, I hope this helps you somewhat and you enjoy Journey when it comes out :). It really is a beautiful game and it must look amazing on PS4 :').

i'm hoping this is the case. But I've also never pre-ordered anything on PSN either. :-X

RK128

i'm hoping this is the case. But I've also never pre-ordered anything on PSN either. :-X

I think your plan on calling/contacting Sony on the matter is the smart bet; that way you can get a clear answer and start playing the game now (assuming you own a PS3) :).

It's a gaming forum what do you expect?

Despite the current legacy status the system has I'm kinda curious how 2016 is going to treat it given all the quality games announced for it. Hopefully more Wil get announced soon.

If that 350+ games thread is any indication, we have ALOT coming next year for the system. Just off the top of my head, we have the following coming
-Digimon CS
-God Eater 2 RB/Resurrection (assuming this gets localized for the west)
-Sword of Cold Steel Part 2 (Part 1 launching fall 2015)
-Hyper Dimension X Sega Hard Girls
-Hyper Dimension Zombie game
-Zero Escape 3
-Shantae: Half Genie Hero
-Mighty No. 9 Vita Port
-Xcom and Civ. Revolution (if those are really happening)
-Tons and Tons of Indie games
-Unannounced Localization's
-Unannounced Sony Ports (Ico Collection would be a great way to hype up the Last Guardian's release :)).

A ton of games are coming, so 2016 should be fine for the Vita :). The question is 2017 onward, but for now, we have a clear idea what's coming.

RK128

What makes you think we are getting Sony ports next year when there isn't one this year? (unless you're counting Revelation 2)

I only list the Ico Collection for a few reasons:
-The last of the 'Collection' line that Sony made on the PS3 (all their PS2 remasters found homes on Vita but the Ico Collection)
-It would hype up the release of the Last Guardian (which only has a '2016' date; we don't know if it means early, summer or fall 2016)
-Could be Bluepoints next project after completion of the Uncharted Collection

I only list the Ico Collection for a few reasons:
-The last of the 'Collection' line that Sony made on the PS3 (all their PS2 remasters found homes on Vita but the Ico Collection)
-It would hype up the release of the Last Guardian (which only has a '2016' date; we don't know if it means early, summer or fall 2016)
-Could be Bluepoints next project after completion of the Uncharted Collection

I'd love Ico/SotC on the Vita, never played those.

Takao

Banned

How not to succeed:

- announce localization of a super obscure game on ps3 the same time japan gets an expanded version on vita
- wait more than a year to release the ps3 build in the west
- release it as a digital-only title
- release it at a price higher than $15 (price announcement pending)

Top Bottom