• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2015

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the game :(. I guess the issues of that game were large enough that it prevented you from enjoying it.

The combat being so weak is a damn shame, as that is normally the biggest strength of any Tales game (if Tales of Hearts R is any indication; really fun combat system that game has :D). I guess its more limited due to forced motion controls or something, as it was a Wii exclusive in the past.

Edit: Thanks to some trade ins, I will be getting 30 bucks in PSN credit :D! So, my list of games from the sales will be this:
-ReBirth 2
-Solder-X2 Vita
-Gradius Collection
-Power Stone Collection
-Street Fighter Alpha 3

Solid line up of games I think :).

How do you find time to play these games?

RK128

How do you find time to play these games?

I bounce from game to game :).

.....But I rarely beat any of them X(. I got better at getting far in games though; put 20+ hours into ReBirth 1 before dropping it and put 20 hours into Tales of Hearts R before dropping it last week.

The only reason I'm getting ReBirth 2 is due to it being at a good price point and the fact I know I will get around to playing it.

It just feels nice knowing that I always having something to play on my Vita :).

It's more 'unique and weird' than it is complicated, though I suppose that can make it seem complicated at first. But yes, it's pretty poorly explained.

This guide seems pretty good...
http://www.trueachievements.com/resonance-of-fate-walkthrough.htm?page=3

The key thing to realize is that there are two types of damage -- scratch damage (submachine guns) is the first. It is 'potential' damage that will disappear unless you seal it with 'direct' damage (pistols).

Basically submachine guns do tons of damage... that doesn't stick unless you 'seal' it with a pistol shot. The other thing you'll need to sort out is how to set up your movement to maximize everything, but there's no way i can explain that here.

it's pretty cool, and i bought the game day 1, though i was actually really let down because I was expecting something a bit more 'realistic'... the idea that submachine guns don't actually hurt things unless you hit them with a pistol bullet was just a bit too goofy [for lack of a better term] for me. Still, though, once you 'get' it, it's a cool combat system.

Hey Rika, just do the in-game tutorials. It's really, really complicated, but if you endure and do all tutorials, it'll click and you'll understand what you're doing during the battles.

Thanks! Need to finish replaying through the MGS games in prep for 5 first, but I think this game will be next up once those are done.

With the help of Parakeetman, managed to compile and improve the DRPG guide.

Here's the latest version.

ajXy2TB.jpg

Dingotech

When are we supposed to get the free credit from the Vita mass action settlement?

That ended up being legit right?

I'd love to use the credit in this sale...

autoduelist

When are we supposed to get the free credit from the Vita mass action settlement?

That ended up being legit right?

I'd love to use the credit in this sale...

I have no idea, but the odds that's it will randomly be during this specific weekend's flash sale approach zero.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Nice! I do wonder if Exp inc has plans for a SoSC sequel. The only game I'm aware they're working on, besides RG, is DG 2.

Not for a while they already have a bunch of other stuff lined up. Including Students of Round 2, though am unsure what the actual new title will be. Among other unnamed projects.

RK128

Ran out of room on my Vita, so moving a number of games over to my laptop, but I'm surprised it takes so long for the games to transfer over :l.

But it will be nice to be having various back-ups of games on my laptop in case of anything though :D.

I want to have enough space for a few of the games I got from this weeks sales, (as ReBirth 2 alone is 3.4GB's) and its good to 'store' some games away to let myself focus on a specific set of games.

....My backlog is large as it is, so I want to finally start focusing on beating the games I have before getting any more games this fall :).

RK128

I wonder what's going on with Demon Gaze 2.

I guess that game is still being worked on, but they are either focusing on other projects or are working with publishers/translators for future localization for Western/European markets.

Demon Gaze was successful and Operation Abyss while not as huge as Demon Gaze, did quite well here (I think it did after how hyped it was on Gaf); they would want to bring more games of theres over here :).

Shizuka

Students of the Round wasn't localized, but that's just me nitpicking, great guide there. I'd list Mind Zero, but I'm the minority here.

Students of the Round wasn't localized, but that's just me nitpicking, great guide there. I'd list Mind Zero, but I'm the minority here.

Yeah that should be included too, mediocre or not it fits the DRPG criteria. Guess its unpopularity made it a liability not a selling point for DRPGs.

Shizuka

Yeah that should be included too, mediocre or not it fits the DRPG criteria. Guess its unpopularity made it a liability not a selling point for DRPGs.

I mean, it's a localized DRPG for the Vita. 95% of the people reading the guide won't bother with the japanese titles highlighted, as good as they might be.

Ponn

Banned
Like Etrian Odyssey is the hottest shit in the world.

I tried Etrian Odyssey but just couldn't get into it. I'm playing Persona Q right now which i'm having a better time with because i'm familiar with the characters so that helps. I might give Demon Gaze a chance next time its on sale.

Parakeetman

I wonder what's going on with Demon Gaze 2.

News will come out once its in some sort of state to have materials presented. Will be up to Kadokawa though. If something is ready would imagine that Exp Inc might show it off at least a trailer at TGS. As they have done stuff in the past before. If you dont hear anything about it means nothing is ready for the public.

Since Ray Gigant is basically done means the development focus shifts to either DG2 or whatever else they are working on depending on their dev schedule.

thats because its a shitty game that deserves zero recognition for the half ass attempt that went into making it.

it is literally one of the WORST games Zerodiv has ever made and the sad thing is they can do a lot better than that. Im starting to think all of their talent has left the studio which explains the horrid direction Totomono went in with that 3d abomination. Then we have Mind Zero which was literally bottom barrel tier.

They really must have taken a decent hit with that game since they were super desperate with trying to promote it after all the bad press it got and rightfully so. Sure as hell hope it taught them dont make a shitty game if you dont want it to get slaughtered by user reviews. Even more so if you expect people to pay full price for it.

And it is unpopular due to being a shitty game. I honestly would not go telling people to even bother purchasing it on a sale as there are far more better titles out there and even more coming soon. There are zero redeeming qualities about the game that would even warrant it to belong in someones collection. The stupid thing too is as mentioned before Zerodiv can do a lot better which is why a lot of fans were expecting something at least "ok". This most def was an all time low.

Sent in the last bit of fixes if those get taken care of you guys should be good to go! Once again real nice that there are others out there who are trying to promote the genre by giving actual information for folks to look at. Even if it is in a compressed format like this. Though that makes it easier to read for more casual folks who are new to the genre.

I switched to another memory card on Vita, after a long while, but it only contains one bubble. I'm 100% certain this was a filled-to-the-brim 64GB. Is this a known issue?

Content Manager sees it, but the bubbles don't show up.

Dorarnae

thats because its a shitty game that deserves zero recognition for the half ass attempt that went into making it.

it is literally one of the WORST games Zerodiv has ever made and the sad thing is they can do a lot better than that. Im starting to think all of their talent has left the studio which explains the horrid direction Totomono went in with that 3d abomination. Then we have Mind Zero which was literally bottom barrel tier.

I am surprised that Class of heroes was ''popular'', I played the whole series and I wasn't very impressed. they do improve after each game they did but I always felt that their dungeon design were a bit boring...I wonder Parakeetman, what's your worst drpg? hehe.
for me I think it is the two wizardry game on DS by acquire I think?

I just finished Wizardry alternative neo(ps2) 50 floor shit...lol. I think I'll go try Tokyo Mono Hara Shi, had the game for quite a long time and I never really played it.

Parakeetman

I am surprised that Class of heroes was ''popular'', I played the whole series and I wasn't very impressed. they do improve after each game they did but I always felt that their dungeon design were a bit boring...I wonder Parakeetman, what's your worst drpg? hehe.

I just finished Wizardry alternative neo(ps2) 50 floor shit...lol. I think I'll go try Tokyo Mono Hara Shi, had the game for quite a long time and I never really played it.

mind zero literally is the worst

Saphirax

Not for a while they already have a bunch of other stuff lined up. Including Students of Round 2, though am unsure what the actual new title will be. Among other unnamed projects.

SoR 2? Hope we hear something about it soon then. Would be amazing if they had something planned for TGS.

Ephidel

As far as localized ones...yeah. DT2 looks good but that censorship...too bad. Gonna have to buy it on the cheap or used, or both
Changing a couple of pictures will change nothing about the game, and honestly, it's a really good game. Whatever censorship it has isn't going to change that. It has some great dungeon designs and it actually feels satisfying when you progress, and the class system is interesting. In post-game I'm discovering use for some classes I ignored during regular play and it's fun to realise how I could have approached things differently. Also, I really like the music :x

Edit: If this is going too far because the title is verboten I'm prepared to edit it out if I have to. Please contact me if there's a problem. Don't ban me :(

Yasumi

Banned
mind zero literally is the worst

They really must have taken a decent hit with that game since they were super desperate with trying to promote it after all the bad press it got and rightfully so. Sure as hell hope it taught them dont make a shitty game if you dont want it to get slaughtered by user reviews. Even more so if you expect people to pay full price for it.

And it is unpopular due to being a shitty game. I honestly would not go telling people to even bother purchasing it on a sale as there are far more better titles out there and even more coming soon. There are zero redeeming qualities about the game that would even warrant it to belong in someones collection. The stupid thing too is as mentioned before Zerodiv can do a lot better which is why a lot of fans were expecting something at least "ok". This most def was an all time low.
881344446_quitgettingmad.jpg

Tone down the hyperbole. Most people here who played it have enjoyed it to some degree.

Parakeetman

SoR 2? Hope we hear something about it soon then. Would be amazing if they had something planned for TGS.

Would not expect an announcement on that yet. More would be DG2 due to that is actually being worked on currently from what it looks like as mentioned the production with Ray Gigant has ended and dev focus has shifted to the next project.

The upside to DG2 is they already have an existing system to work off of unlike Ray Gigant which is a totally new thing for them in gameplay mechanics / design.

Am not sure if they changed the setting but SoR 2 is supposedly to have a setting surrounding Samurai and such. From what I remember dont recall them mentioning a time period / setting. Also not sure if they will be changing the title or not.

As while it is not SoR 2, SoSC is connected to SoR. Though way in the future, but its not like people need to really know about SoR in general. So hopefully the usual dumbass freakouts that occur with games that have connections to a previously unlocalized title do not happen. Though we all know that the circus of stupid will go down anyways...

Second part of the answer.

The two DS ones were not bad they were not exactly good either. Folks problem with the first one was how it was more narrative based and though it was odd that while being called a Wizardry game the player was stuck with a pre-determined party due to the characters being part of the story. The interesting thing about that title is it brought back more visible traps and such. Thats about all I remember of that one in particular with what stood out about it. The 2nd game I remember even less about, though dont think it vanished off the shelves insanely fast like the first one did due to people being concerned with the quality of the 2nd title. But seriously do not remember anything about it which is more good than bad. Since if something was really wrong with it I would have remembered. So with that being said its one of those forgettable titles. I should go find where I put it and play through it again one day.

The thing about the totomono games is they are literally the fantasy version of the Generation Xth series. As it follows a lot of the same general design structures and such, though I think they really toned down the crafting system as it was too easy to break the game with it in the earlier titles. So they made it a little harder with things as I think they messed with the system for breaking down items to prevent certain materials from being collected easily? The most refined one in the series was 3D / Final. Which basically was a redone version of the 3rd game I do believe and they added some extra scenario / characters to it. The difference with 3D / Final was just one was on the PSP and the other 3DS. That series was more about raising your characters and leveling up the jobs you liked due to stupid amount of jobs the game had including the hidden ones, also other reason why it was popular due to the artwork / characters used.

Dungeons were fairly standard. Combat is what you would expect from a Wizardry game in general. Not too difficult once you get yourself equipped with decent gear. Though all of the various non-orthodox classes might confuse folks as some can be a bit odd to use or make you wonder what even is the point of using this class outside of wanting to challenge yourself. Sound effects have not changed all too much through the series history same with music in general. The system and classes have bounced around a bit though kept fairly standardized.

Its not really a hardcore DRPG outside of the large number of classes that would confuse the average player, but difficulty wise game is standard. It was just one of the long time running DRPG series in Japan that had its own fanbase similar to what Exp Inc has with theirs. Though the game was well made enough and contained a fair amount of content for players to enjoy.

Honestly Id like to see Exp Inc go back to the world they had created in Wizardry Xth. All they need to do is basically leave the Wiz name out lol. Its funny how when you compare those games to Generation Xth how similar a lot of the UI is. Which makes sense considering they were the ones who made it.

Tone down the hyperbole. Most people here who played it have enjoyed it to some degree.

There is a good reason why the game is less than 10 bucks in Japan brand new. Its shit. That and its a fucking waste of money to be suggesting to others to buy when not only are there better games out, but there are also a ton of upcoming games on various platforms that folks can buy. Way too many good games out / coming out to be wasting time & money on shitty ones.

The game got panned hard and for good reasons, which is why it deserves every single kick to head it gets. When you go designing a game that bad and expect people to pay full price for it, expect to get your ass handed to you when your game is a halfassed mess that can fall under question if it was even finished properly. They would be stupid if they tried to make a continuation to the title like what it seemed they were originally going for with the first one, as with how bad this thing did no one would touch a second game.

Having followed the history of the company for a while I seriously want to know what in the hell happened to Zerodiv for them to produce a title of such low quality. While I know that Acquire in general is not big budget, this was way low with the production quality outside of the 2d art and voice acting. Other than that there is nothing good about the game itself as if they gave it to a team of newbies in the company to work on it rather than those who had actual experience with the genre itself or past titles.

What made less sense is how the game starts off way too P4 style then halfway through it its like they realized oh shit things are too similar so we better change it up with the writing. As it was beyond stupid how you have Dojima / Adachi, MC + Hanamura + Chie esp with their interactions with eachother. If you play with the JP voices and are familiar with the language and how the characters speak in general its painfully obvious. Thankfully they "attempted" to change that after a while when progressing in the game, but was a generally bad idea that they even allowed the writer to do that at all as it sticks out like a sore thumb.

The gameplay is abysmal, graphics and animations are poor and lets not even go into the sound effects. While they were never known for super good SE work and such, this was pretty low budget.

What makes no sense about the 2D vs 3D graphics is that Zerodiv has the talent to make the two look at least similar but this time its as if they just accepted whatever from both departments without even checking with each other about how things looked then threw it into the game.

Whole title felt highly rushed and explained why most of the promotions hardly showed any gameplay in Japan. And just tried to play up the whole "Persona" type of marketing. As that was the crowd they were hoping to rope in. Obviously they did not say that the game was like Persona, but through their marketing and writing in the game itself with the dialog and how characters act it was pretty obvious what they were going for, even if it corrected itself later.

If they had a proper budget and development time I am certain the team could have done a much better job with the game and it would not have turned out like this getting beaten to shit in reviews from users who bought and cleared the game. As while they dont make perfect titles they are not supposed to make total garbage either. Acquire / Zerodiv is a pub / dev that I like also and have followed them for a long ass time.

The last best title that Zerodiv did was Totomono Final / 3D. That one they did after it that had actual visible 3D models and went a bit more for the traditional JRPG over DRPG was a bit of hit / miss with folks due to various reasons. But even that game was not even on the same level as bad as Mind Zero due to the content it provided and general quality with the character models appearance and such among other positive points.

wilflare

I should really post here more ._.
(been playing Nekoblock, at the last "chapter/series of stages" and gonna start on the NepNeps)

stay crazy, VitaGAF - we have tons to play in the coming months (P4DAN pls)
and a new chapter starts for me tomorrow :3

RK128

Played a bit in each of the games I got (outside of Gradius; transferring that to my Vita now) and they are a lot of fun :D.

Power Stone is very interesting, as it contains not only the two games in the series but it also has the VMU games as unlockables XD. Nice extra honestly :). The gameplay feels a bit like Smash Bros. but if it was in 3D; you have special attacks, you can throw/kick objects into your foe and have a 'super' mode once you get enough gems. Didn't play much of it but I love its art style and I look forward to playing more of the games.

Street Fighter Alpha 3 looks fantastic; the sprite detail is spot on and the animation looks great. I like how the cast is so large and how you also have lots of different play styles for each fighters (three styles and two fighting speeds). Didn't play much of this, but I enjoyed my time with it :).

Soulder X2 was a lot of fun to play :D. It runs very well on the Vita and looks fantastic to boot. I like how your ship has numerous guns to play with, leading to some smart fights if you know what you are doing (and the upgrade system involving you picking up the power orbs only affects the gun you are using). Only played the first level but I can't wait to play more :D.

And lastly, I put the most time into ReBirth 2 last night and I really enjoyed it :). The story being darker got me more interested in what was going on and I like Nepgear a bit more then Neptuine (appreciate how calmer she is in comparison to her sister). The combat system is the same as ReBirth 1, as is the exploration controls, general visuals, and lots of other elements. But I don't mind that; as someone who played a lot of ReBirth 1, it feels very natural to jump right in :). The dungeons I went to (the first two) have different designs and the best part of everything; it doesn't feel cheap :D! Early in ReBirth 1, I had to level-grind a lot due to the odd difficulty spikes but here, the game feels a lot more fair. With that in mind, I will enjoy this a lot more just on that :).

I switched to another memory card on Vita, after a long while, but it only contains one bubble. I'm 100% certain this was a filled-to-the-brim 64GB. Is this a known issue?

Content Manager sees it, but the bubbles don't show up.

Quoting myself for context.
I know there is a bubble limit, but it matters if your bubbles are in a group or not. When switching memory cards, all your groups are removed and the bubbles scattered.

The issue is that this card has a ton of games, well exceeding the 100(?) bubble limit when removed from their bubble groups.

So now I can rebuild the database of the memory card, which erases the groups, and doesn't load all bubbles.

And when I start creating groups and reboot the system, it still doesn't find the 'lost' bubbles.

What should I do at this point?

RK128

I know there is a bubble limit, but it matters if your bubbles are in a group or not. When switching memory cards, all your groups are removed and the bubbles scattered.

The issue is that this card has a ton of games, well exceeding the 100(?) bubble limit when removed from their bubble groups.

So now I can rebuild the database of the memory card, which erases the groups, and doesn't load all bubbles.

And when I start creating groups and reboot the system, it still doesn't find the 'lost' bubbles.

My suggestion is to turn off/turn on your Vita after making bubble groups and after you do that, keep doing it until all your bubbles are working again.

Never had that happen to me before, so I hope my advice helps you somehow :(.

kunnikuman

Neo Member

Buy a n3DS

RK128

Buy a n3DS

That is a great suggestion (as the console has a lot of great games :D!).....but I don't know how that solves his issue :l.

I know the 3DS family of systems have a folder feature that is better then the bubble system that Vita has.....so I guess that is what you are referring too.

Top Bottom