• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2015

RK128

Guess no one cares about the PS3 anymore xD

I wish we had OTs for each console.

People care about the PS3, its just that the PSN Thread is home to a lot of Vita and PS4 discussion in addition to PS3.

Sorry if you feel that way Vashetti, but we all love our PS3's :D! I know I still love mind (....god, my backlog on that is immense XD) and I'm looking forward to playing Persona 5 on the console this fall :).

Vashetti

Banned
I do, i thought your post was intruiging but i didnt have anything to add. Sucks that they removed the HDD indicator i guess? Lol

Nah, I'm all for that.

I want an Ultra Slim with 22nm Cell, 28nm RSX, 1 USB port, and remove the AV and Optical ports.

Make it as small and power efficient as possible.

Vashetti

Banned
I do, this year I've played and bought a lot of ps3 games.

I'm basically a Vita+PS3 gamer as of now (I have a 3ds as well but I've barely touched it in the last 6 months)

I've transitioned to just Vita/PSTV and PS4, but I have a sizable backlog on PS3 so I'm looking into getting one to replace my fat model.

Tizoc

How come the drop doesn't mention Tembo when it was stated it'd release on all systems this 21st? Or is it PC getting it on the 21st and other systems get it a week later?

kevin1025

Banned
How come the drop doesn't mention Tembo when it was stated it'd release on all systems this 21st? Or is it PC getting it on the 21st and other systems get it a week later?

PS4 is getting it the 21st as well, weird it wasn't mentioned. That game can never be omitted!

autoduelist

The gameplay is abysmal, graphics and animations are poor and lets not even go into the sound effects. While they were never known for super good SE work and such, this was pretty low budget.

I've been playing drpgs since they had wireframe graphics. I don't give a flying squirrel about the graphics, animations, or sound effects. I don't care if every dungeon has the same texture.

I don't see why the whole Persona thing matters whatsoever. All because it shares a vaguely similar art style so people thought they were getting something 'more' like Persona? It clearly wasn't Persona, so why judge it against it? I just don't know what would have made people happy... being more like persona? Changing the art style?

There are plenty of things wrong with MZ (namely, a feeling of 'bland' that permeates it due to a bad lewt system and card skill based system that tried something new but didn't work, and dungeon design was generally uninspired) but they also got many things in a rather unique combat system right. Enough so that I definitely enjoyed it. It was balanced well, to boot [at least on the highest setting].

Conception 2 was a truly bad game, destroyed by terrible balance issues that rendered everything else moot. At least MZ kept its mechanics interesting throughout, despite its misteps.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm scared of DT2 if that FAQ claims that Demon Gaze only has mild fanservice. I thought it was rather fanservice crazed.

Producer

I'm scared of DT2 if that FAQ claims that Demon Gaze only has mild fanservice. I thought it was rather fanservice crazed.

I guess you arent familiar with To Heart lol. Even though DT2 separates itself from the series, it still retains the fanservice elements. Still though it looks 100% better than DG in the gameplay aspect, loving the amount of classes this game has.

So I think I have seen mention of people having trouble with PS4s not turning back on from sleep mode. I've read that turning it off, unplugging and rebuilding the database fixes the issue but those posts are several months old. Is this still the best way to solve the problem? I haven't had this problem until now....

Well, I've been playing Corpse Party all weekend. I've kind of half-enjoyed it. I like the characters and want to see what happens with them (which I'd imagine will be why I return for Book of Shadows & Blood Drive), but the actual gameplay is trite. Would've taken it as simply a VN to be honest.

Still, I'm up to chapter 4 so I only have one left, which I guess I'll finish tomorrow.

I've also been playing a bit of MXGP. Which I've really enjoyed. Made me a bit sad that Milestone seem to have ditched Vita now, because this port seems to have had a lot of effort put into it.

Shizuka

LTp0evv.jpg

Now this one was a ride. It's the second JRPG I play in years that takes me into a journey where I feel it, the first one being Persona 4 Golden. I was both sad and fulfilled when I finished the game, it's definitely up high as a recommendation for most Vita owners.

In case it wasn't clear, it's Ar nosurge Plus.

LTp0evv.jpg

Now this one was a ride. It's the second JRPG I play in years that takes me into a journey where I feel it, the first one being Persona 4 Golden. I was both sad and fulfilled when I finished the game, it's definitely up high as a recommendation for most Vita owners.

Congrats, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

LTp0evv.jpg

Picking up my copy tomorrow from the postal office. Still need to finish Ciel's Summary though... Still on chapter 8.

Dorarnae

I've been playing drpgs since they had wireframe graphics. I don't give a flying squirrel about the graphics, animations, or sound effects. I don't care if every dungeon has the same texture.

I don't see why the whole Persona thing matters whatsoever. All because it shares a vaguely similar art style so people thought they were getting something 'more' like Persona? It clearly wasn't Persona, so why judge it against it? I just don't know what would have made people happy... being more like persona? Changing the art style?

There are plenty of things wrong with MZ (namely, a feeling of 'bland' that permeates it due to a bad lewt system and card skill based system that tried something new but didn't work, and dungeon design was generally uninspired) but they also got many things in a rather unique combat system right. Enough so that I definitely enjoyed it. It was balanced well, to boot [at least on the highest setting].

but I'd rather play the original Wizardry series or Wizardry empire 1-2-3,Elminage 1-2-3 & gothic or Wizardry Xth 1-2, Generation xth 1-2-3(or operation abyss/babel), labyrinth cross blood, student of round, stranger of sword city, dungeon travelers 1-2, Wizardry prisoners of the battle, Demon gaze, Wizardry busin 0 or tale of forsaken land, etrian odyssey series, smt strange journey,smt1(haven't played 2 yet),devil summoner(very first game and soul hacker)... :S

RK128

LTp0evv.jpg

Glad you enjoyed the game so much Shizuka :D!

Will get this much latter one once my backlog dies down (want to beat a number of games before I get more games.....so many to beat XD), as your praise got me very interested in the game :).

Still have to read the summary that was posted in the OP of the game (have it bookmarked for latter reading), so plenty of time to catch up on the games story/plot/characters/world before playing the game this fall :).

Chuy

Why does downloading on ps3 suck so much? Probably compounded by my crap Internet ;/ Been trying to download revengance and I'm only half way done.
Oh well gives me time to knock out my backlog on ps3. Forgot how awesome vanquish is .

ryseing

Guess no one cares about the PS3 anymore xD

I wish we had OTs for each console.

Been playing mine a fair bit recently. Got Arkham Origins and AC Rogue for cheap and loved both. Also been taking care of my R&C itch. Into the Nexus is really good.

And of course for the small amount of people who care final NCAA Football rosters should be coming out this month. Only reason I keep the darn thing around in the first place.

RK128

Been playing mine a fair bit recently. Got Arkham Origins and AC Rogue for cheap and loved both. Also been taking care of my R&C itch. Into the Nexus is really good.

Never played AC Rouge, but I loved Arkham City (which is what Origins is largely based off of) and I love the Ratchet series, so have a blast with Nexus :D!

Try playing the other Future games or the HD Collection if you have the time; the former is a fantastic platforming series while the later hold up remarkably well in the modern era (and are fantastic games to boot :D).

The PS2 games have amazing soundtracks as well, so here are links to all the PS2 game's OST's if you are interested :).

Ratchet and Clank
Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando
Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Ratchet Dreadlocked

RK128

Well, I really don't need any more games, so I think I'll just stick with my preorders...

Oh. Flash sale.

RG0BS1U.gif

Nice get man :D! Hope you enjoy the game pariah :).

Not a big fan of SRPG's myself but the Noire game seems to be a solid one, so have fun with it.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer

I am almost done with Demon gaze, and I thoroughly enjoyed it based on your recommendation. I'd definitely take another look at Ar nosurge when I am done with demon gaze.

Top Bottom