• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2015

Shizuka

I am almost done with Demon gaze, and I thoroughly enjoyed it based on your recommendation. I'd definitely take another look at Ar nosurge when I am done with demon gaze.

I'm glad you enjoyed Demon Gaze, really. You don't have to get Ar nosurge Plus right away, unless you're planning on getting the physical version, which would mean that it's better for you to get it ASAP.

VLiberty

Never played AC Rouge, but I loved Arkham City (which is what Origins is largely based off of) and I love the Ratchet series, so have a blast with Nexus :D!

Try playing the other Future games or the HD Collection if you have the time; the former is a fantastic platforming series while the later hold up remarkably well in the modern era (and are fantastic games to boot :D).

The PS2 games have amazing soundtracks as well, so here are links to all the PS2 game's OST's if you are interested :).

Ratchet and Clank
Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando
Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Ratchet Dreadlocked

I'm replaying R&C 3 on Vita and I've only just realized how good is the first track that plays on Tirannia:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ronsRlz5KTo&list=PL40EC0886514E2E8A&index=23

wilflare

Well, I really don't need any more games, so I think I'll just stick with my preorders...

Oh. Flash sale.

RG0BS1U.gif

lol I still can't decide if I should get Noire

RK128

I'm replaying R&C 3 on Vita and I've only just realized how good is the first track that plays on Tirannia:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ronsRlz5KTo&list=PL40EC0886514E2E8A&index=23

The PS2 Ratchet games have some of the strongest tunes out of the 'Sony Platforming Trio'; they have catchy melodies at times, really fit with the feel of the games world and are just a joy to listen too outside of the game. The track you posted sounds fantastic :D; really fits the 'invading' base level that track played to (had fun driving the buggy around and crashing into things XD).

Sly and Jak series tunes are great when in-game but outside of the game, they can be a bit bland (mainly the Jak series; it sounds good but lacks the 'charm' that Naughty Dog's Crash games had :l).

My favorite soundtrack of the PS2 Ratchet's was Going Commando; it had such a rock and energetic feel that really complemented the games larger focus on shooting and action :D.

lol I still can't decide if I should get Noire

Do you like SRPG's? And do you enjoy the Hyperdimension series? Then get the game while its at this price; looks good, the story reportedly is just as enjoyable as prior games in the Hyperimension series and the systems the game has look interesting. Don't own it myself (not a huge fan of SRPG's) but I liked ReBirth 1 and am enjoying ReBirth 2 now, so I think its worth it :).

If it means anything, this will go on sale in the future (ReBirth 2 and Noire went on sale in the past before too, just that they were a bit more price then this sale), so if you don't feel like getting it now, you can hold off on it for a bit longer :).

autoduelist

but I'd rather play the original Wizardry series or Wizardry empire 1-2-3,Elminage 1-2-3 & gothic or Wizardry Xth 1-2, Generation xth 1-2-3(or operation abyss/babel), labyrinth cross blood, student of round, stranger of sword city, dungeon travelers 1-2, Wizardry prisoners of the battle, Demon gaze, Wizardry busin 0 or tale of forsaken land, etrian odyssey series, smt strange journey,smt1(haven't played 2 yet),devil summoner(very first game and soul hacker)... :S

I'd rather play most of that as well. But just because there is a list of better games doesn't mean a game deserves being treated like it's the worst thing ever. MZ isn't broken. It's not unbalanced, it's not buggy. It's just a bit bland.

Meanwhile, I'm playing Op Abyss right now and the plot / dialogue is terrible, but that gets excused. And dungeon design? A certain fan favorite game here has no real dungeon design, a combat system and beastiary basically cloned from other [better, imo] games, but is the Vita's golden child. And I'm not saying it shouldn't be -- I know tons upon tons of people love P4G, and that's great. But it gets forgiven for its faults, whereas other games get crucified. It seems silly to me.

And finally... just because there are better games in a genre doesn't always mean that's what we play. Just because Uncharted exists doesn't mean I don't try out other TPS games, even if I know they aren't as good. Sometimes the price is right to try a game, even if it's not top tier.

I liked MZ alright, but I'd certainly not argue it's top tier. But the way some people treat it, you'd think it was a broken mess of hate... but really, it's just another passable game that some enjoy. I'd rather not spend the energy defending it, but others seem to tear it down any chance they get so...

ryseing

Never played AC Rouge, but I loved Arkham City (which is what Origins is largely based off of) and I love the Ratchet series, so have a blast with Nexus :D!

Try playing the other Future games or the HD Collection if you have the time; the former is a fantastic platforming series while the later hold up remarkably well in the modern era (and are fantastic games to boot :D).

The PS2 games have amazing soundtracks as well, so here are links to all the PS2 game's OST's if you are interested :).

Ratchet and Clank
Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando
Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Ratchet Dreadlocked

I've played every Ratchet, including Size Matters and that FFA abomination. Definitely my favorite Sony platformer, with Sly second. Might do a run through before the movie comes out of my favorites.

Benedict

I do not understand why developers insist on ruining good games with mini-games.
Playing Sly 2 now and had a great time until I get to the mini-game where Bentley controls an RC copter...

Some kind of Odin Sphere remake or sequel (not sure from the video..) was just announced for PS4/PS3/Vita

Looked like a remaster with a good amount of new content to me

Saphirax

Some kind of Odin Sphere remake or sequel (not sure from the video..) was just announced for PS4/PS3/Vita

Yep, seems like they'll be adding some new stuff. Hopefully it won't be as dull as the original.

SerTapTap

Guess I'll hold off on playing the PS2 classic version of Odin Sphere then.

Dang I didn't know half the games in The Drop were coming to PS4/vita. Even if you keep up with indie games it's hard to keep track of sometimes

Quoting myself for context.
I know there is a bubble limit, but it matters if your bubbles are in a group or not. When switching memory cards, all your groups are removed and the bubbles scattered.

The issue is that this card has a ton of games, well exceeding the 100(?) bubble limit when removed from their bubble groups.

So now I can rebuild the database of the memory card, which erases the groups, and doesn't load all bubbles.

And when I start creating groups and reboot the system, it still doesn't find the 'lost' bubbles.

What should I do at this point?

Can you copy over a bunch of games and clear away some of the physical-only ones you're not likey to play and see if that fixes anything? Also I thought the bubble limit was 300 now but I haven't hit the limit myself.

I don't know how the bubble limit could be the issue though--you shouldn't have been able to copy more games to the card than the bubble limit, give or take system apps which should be the same if it's the same Vita. Card might just be damaged.

bobohoro

Odin Sphere needs some serious update to its gameplay systems for me to consider going through it again. Everything from level design, to item management and combat system really needs a change, or a complete overhaul. One of the most gorgeous games to look at, with an interesting story to go along with, and it just wasn't all that fun to play. Seeing as Vanillaware got better with each game I remain hopeful.

SerTapTap

A game I was playing this weekend reminded me...where the hell is out Onimusha? Hell I'd pay for just an HD collection at this point with new control options.

Odin Sphere Remaster
#BestOnVita #datOLED

wonder if this is a sign of more PS2 games to come :3

I would welcome it but I wouldn't get your hopes up, the PS3/PS4 versions show this is clearly an Odin Sphere project not a "get PS2 games on Vita" project

Ventara

Odin Sphere Remaster
#BestOnVita #datOLED

Oh, man, I would love that! Odin Sphere HD is already a dream come true. I know NISA was the one who published it, but GrimGrimoire would be amazing on the Vita.

Odin Sphere Remaster
#BestOnVita #datOLED

I am no "a game has to be perfect" for me to play it person but Odin Sphere's performance on PS2 impacted gameplay immensely. Not optimistic about the Vita version.

The game is repetitive. It looked awesome but the grind hits pretty hard at about hour four. Sorry I am Debbie Downer here but I did not like this game on PS2 when I played it 6 years ago.

Tizoc

A game I was playing this weekend reminded me...where the hell is out Onimusha? Hell I'd pay for just an HD collection at this point with new control options.

I would welcome it but I wouldn't get your hopes up, the PS3/PS4 versions show this is clearly an Odin Sphere project not a "get PS2 games on Vita" project

One of Onimusha's issues is that it and Sengoku Basara are both based on Japanese history and their characters are based and named after Japanese figures such as Oda Nobunaga, etc.

Ventara

I am no "a game has to be perfect" for me to play it person but Odin Sphere's performance on PS2 impacted gameplay immensely. Not optimistic about the Vita version.

The game is repetitive. It looked awesome but the grind hits pretty hard at about hour four. Sorry I am Debbie Downer here but I did not like this game on PS2 when I played it 6 years ago.

I'm confident they'll improve it, including on the Vita. No way are they gonna release an HD version that runs as bad as the PS2 copy. And the PS3 PS2-classics version ran pretty well.

And you felt the grind at hour 4? How do you play any JRPG?

Just passed by the postal office before the gym. Ar noSurge is a get. The Ciel summary is actually pretty good after getting through the introductory exposition. Gonna see if I can finish it today. To those who read it, there are a bunch of smaller chapters after 12, before the "True Ending". Are those a required read too?

maouvin

Yup, that's what gets me worried. But I'd be ok with a performance like Dragon's Crown, which only bothered me when the screen got really busy.

VLiberty

The PS2 Ratchet games have some of the strongest tunes out of the 'Sony Platforming Trio'; they have catchy melodies at times, really fit with the feel of the games world and are just a joy to listen too outside of the game. The track you posted sounds fantastic :D; really fits the 'invading' base level that track played to (had fun driving the buggy around and crashing into things XD).

Sly and Jak series tunes are great when in-game but outside of the game, they can be a bit bland (mainly the Jak series; it sounds good but lacks the 'charm' that Naughty Dog's Crash games had :l).

My favorite soundtrack of the PS2 Ratchet's was Going Commando; it had such a rock and energetic feel that really complemented the games larger focus on shooting and action :D.
My favourite was the first game's ost, but I love GC's and UYA's as well(I don't remember a lot from Gladiator).

I've listenened to PSM Heroes' ost, it's great. Too bad it's being wasted for that game, I'd have gladly swapped it for one of the latest R&C's ost.

Jak has had a lot of different kinds of OST. It reflected the different tone of the games actually: Jak 1's was very lighthearted, so was Daxter's but in a different way(oh and it's amazing, that was a game you NEEDED to play with earphones). Jak II and 3 were a bit darker, but I still love them, especially Jak 3's, with Jak X's OST being pure rock (and amazing)

Jak X:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQOwmkSrBfo&index=11&list=PLD-hKNlwjGgN6ah0vh3wt9CARH8jUxM8k
^ this one, you've probably heard it recently if you watched the Drawn to Death trailer ;)

Daxter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvUKGtGTfkA

Jak 1 ost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZSkShQ2JDA

Jak 3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9ecSlHenPo

bonus: full PSMH ost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar-WRo4CS6w

While none of R&C's soundtracks are even close to the genius stuff that Stewart Copeland did on Spyro 1-4, I really enjoyed this track. I don't remember it either. I need to replay the first 3 games.

I'd suggest playing them with headphones.

I don't remember a lot of Spyro tracks, but the ones I've still memory of...damn. It was amazing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HD_7MuflM8

damn

SerTapTap

One of Onimusha's issues is that it and Sengoku Basara are both based on Japanese history and their characters are based and named after Japanese figures such as Oda Nobunaga, etc.

Yeah, but with this gen Japanese companies (or those who survived) seem to be getting over the "HIDE THE JAPANESE STUFF" crap from last gen. Not entirely surprised the series went AWOL with a lot of others last gen, but it'd be a great time to bring it back if Capcom weren't so...Capcom.

There's also that ridiculous modern Paris storyline in Oni 3 if you need your Western kicks...complete with Jean Reno! Man that was a weird game

Shizuka

Just passed by the postal office before the gym. Ar noSurge is a get. The Ciel summary is actually pretty good after getting through the introductory exposition. Gonna see if I can finish it today. To those who read it, there are a bunch of smaller chapters after 12, before the "True Ending". Are those a required read too?

Yes, they are. Don't be fooled, they're basically chapter 13.

The True Ending is super important.

As Shizu said, it's basically chapter 13.

Yes, they are. Don't be fooled, they're basically chapter 13.
The True Ending is super important.

As Shizu said, it's basically chapter 13.

Alright cool, thanks guys. Finished chapter 8 yesterday, so I'm almost done. Been reading a chapter a day pretty much, I have this problem, when I read at night for too long I start falling asleep lol. Now that the game is here I'm gonna try to read as much as I can.

Alright cool, thanks guys. Finished chapter 8 yesterday, so I'm almost done. Been reading a chapter a day pretty much, I have this problem, when I read at night for too long I start falling asleep lol. Now that the game is here I'm gonna try to read as much as I can.

How did you stop reading, IIRC the ending of Chapter 8 is a huge "holy shit".

I need to actually PLAY Ar nosurge, I got far into the PS3 version but didn't finish it, kinda sucks that I'm taking a while with the Vita version because I'm a bit bored of playing the stuff I already played through, I still really like it a lot.

I'm ashamed as Shizu-chan already got the Platinum Trophy, I need to step it up and finish this before EO2U comes out.

I'm scared that Xseed might say that TitS SC might come out soon, as I also want to replay FC before it drops AHHHHHHH.

How did you stop reading, IIRC the ending of Chapter 8 is a huge "holy shit".

I need to actually PLAY Ar nosurge, I got far into the PS3 version but didn't finish it, kinda sucks that I'm taking a while with the Vita version because I'm a bit bored of playing the stuff I already played through, I still really like it a lot.

I'm ashamed as Shizu-chan already got the Platinum Trophy, I need to step it up and finish this before EO2U comes out.

I'm scared that Xseed might say that TitS SC might come out soon, as I also want to replay FC before it drops AHHHHHHH.

Got home from work late, had to cook dinner, wash dishes, do laundry, etc. It was around 1AM so I just crashed lmfao.

But yeah, as for what you said
Nay is Ion. Wat. Going into the dream place that the player goes to. Wat wat. Fucking inception.

As for SC, I'll be quite honest. I loved the first game. The wait was so long that now I am not hyped for it anymore. There's other stuff coming out, and I just don't have as much time to play everything I want. Maybe in the future I'll get it, with a discount or something.

Shizuka

Shame on you, Mauri-chan. I finished the game in a week and four days (with platinum), I'm sure you can finish it before EOU2.

wilflare

I would love to play Onimusha on the Vita
so many great IPs that should see a revival of sorts :/
---
at this point I should tell myself to be careful what I wish for

I finished it with around 40 hours, I played at least three hours a day and I had a trip last week, lots of gaming time there.

So standard JRPG length. It really depends for me from game to game. Take Dying Light an action first person gamr for example. I checked my timer after a week of playing expecting 30-35hrs, and only had 15. Then when I play JRPGs I see myself playing for hours and hours without realizing it and exceeding my time predictions lol. I think it differs from genre to genre for me.

Shame on you, Mauri-chan. I finished the game in a week and four days (with platinum), I'm sure you can finish it before EOU2.

I watched EVO all weekend, that's my excuse. :p

So the Plat is easy, right? I recall there only being 2 missable trophies on PS3.

Also,
a youtube thumbnail spoiled me who the final boss is(at least I think it did, how screwed am I? I hate when this happens haha.

Shizuka

I watched EVO all weekend, that's my excuse. :p

So the Plat is easy, right? I recall there only being 2 missable trophies on PS3.

Also,
a youtube thumbnail spoiled me who the final boss is(at least I think it did, how screwed am I? I hate when this happens haha.

Really easy, just keep an eye out for the missable trophies. Also, bummer that you know who the final boss is, but you get that idea around the middle of the game, it's not a huge surprise by the end of the game.

Really easy, just keep an eye out for the missable trophies. Also, bummer that you know who the final boss is, but you get that idea around the middle of the game, it's not a huge surprise by the end of the game.

Yeah, I kinda thought they could be the big bad guy, and when I saw the spoiler I was like "aaaaaaaaa it makes sense". I'm pretty sure I was like 70% into the game, I should have finished it but here I am now... I'm not even skipping the long ass synthesis chats because they are still amusing, I really like that I have costumes this time around at least.

I just wish the text wasn't so freaking small and the framerate sucks at times, but I still get impressed when I'm playing a PS3 ports or good looking Vita stuff, playing mostly 3DS games means I always get mindblown by the Vita.

Shizuka

Yeah, I kinda thought they could be the big bad guy, and when I saw the spoiler I was like "aaaaaaaaa it makes sense". I'm pretty sure I was like 70% into the game, I should have finished it but here I am now... I'm not even skipping the long ass synthesis chats because they are still amusing, I really like that I have costumes this time around at least.

I just wish the text wasn't so freaking small and the framerate sucks at times, but I still get impressed when I'm playing a PS3 ports or good looking Vita stuff, playing mostly 3DS games means I always get mindblown by the Vita.

Yeah, the framerate is a mess (worse than the Atelier Plus games) and the text is almost unreadable (specially the locations descriptions).

Oooooo can't say I give two shits about the LE box or what's in it but the actual game box for AR noSurge is fucking gorgeous. Totally worth it lol.

TOTP: Read Ciel noSurge's summary and play At noSurge

RK128

My favourite was the first game's ost, but I love GC's and UYA's as well(I don't remember a lot from Gladiator).

I've listenened to PSM Heroes' ost, it's great. Too bad it's being wasted for that game, I'd have gladly swapped it for one of the latest R&C's ost.

Jak has had a lot of different kinds of OST. It reflected the different tone of the games actually: Jak 1's was very lighthearted, so was Daxter's but in a different way(oh and it's amazing, that was a game you NEEDED to play with earphones). Jak II and 3 were a bit darker, but I still love them, especially Jak 3's, with Jak X's OST being pure rock (and amazing)

Jak X:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQOwmkSrBfo&index=11&list=PLD-hKNlwjGgN6ah0vh3wt9CARH8jUxM8k
^ this one, you've probably heard it recently if you watched the Drawn to Death trailer ;)

Daxter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvUKGtGTfkA

Jak 1 ost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZSkShQ2JDA

Jak 3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9ecSlHenPo

bonus: full PSMH ost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar-WRo4CS6w

I'd suggest playing them with headphones.

I don't remember a lot of Spyro tracks, but the ones I've still memory of...damn. It was amazing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HD_7MuflM8

damn

Never heard of PS Move Heroes OST before, but wow, a lot better then I expected; it has that PS2 Ratchet charm that felt a bit 'lacking' in recent games (its still there, but a lot more muted despite the Future series and Into the Nexus OST's being strong overall).

The Jak series does have a good soundtrack; just its not as memorible to me as the Ratchet series soundtracks.

Daxter did have a fantastic score; loved the themes to the Lumber Mill, Barons Palace, and Westside Hotel :D.

Didn't expect Jak X's soundtrack to mirror the Twisted Metal series so much XD. Guess they couldn't help mirroring the iconic Sony racer with Jak X that way :').

Now I remember getting the PS2 Classic on PSN during a sale.....and never playing it XD. Good to see another beautiful game by them getting the remaster treatment. Unlike Maramusa though, I remember hearing numerous issues with Odin Sphere (boring combat systems and horrendous slowdown on the PS2), so I hope those get addressed with this remaster/remake.

Ventara

Now I remember getting the PS2 Classic on PSN during a sale.....and never playing it XD. Good to see another beautiful game by them getting the remaster treatment. Unlike Maramusa though, I remember hearing numerous issues with Odin Sphere (boring combat systems and horrendous slowdown on the PS2), so I hope those get addressed with this remaster/remake.

Eh, it's kind of exaggerated to be honest, and the slowdown is pretty minimal on the PS3 PS2-classics version. The combat system is something I actually really enjoyed, as it's pretty varied between the characters. Since you have the PS2 Classics version, might as well give it a go and see how you like it.

RK128

Eh, it's kind of exaggerated to be honest, and the slowdown is pretty minimal on the PS3 PS2-classics version. The combat system is something I actually really enjoyed, as it's pretty varied between the characters. Since you have the PS2 Classics version, might as well give it a go and see how you like it.

The slow down isn't that bad? The reviews back then really hammered that home :l.....guess they exaggerated like you said :).

Will give the PS2 Classic's version a shot latter today to see if I like it or not :). Good to hear the combat system is solid and enjoyable too. Thanks for the heads up Ventara :D.

Top Bottom