• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2015

Ventara

The slow down isn't that bad? The reviews back then really hammered that home :l.....guess they exaggerated like you said :).

Will give the PS2 Classic's version a shot latter today to see if I like it or not :). Good to hear the combat system is solid and enjoyable too. Thanks for the heads up Ventara :D.

No, the PS2 version was bad, but the PS2 Classics version on PSN runs pretty well. I was more referring to the repetition and gameplay. The complaints of repetition is valid, but it's not as bad as people make it out to be, and I really enjoyed the gameplay.

tumblr_nrsn2gpQIg1tua0a5o6_500.gif

tumblr_nrsn2gpQIg1tua0a5o3_500.gif

tumblr_nrsn2gpQIg1tua0a5o1_500.gif

tumblr_nrsn2gpQIg1tua0a5o5_500.gif

If this doesn't convince people that God Eater is amazing I don't know what will. Ughh this anime adaptation is so good it just makes me sad that we aren't getting the goddamn games.

RK128

tumblr_nrsn2gpQIg1tua0a5o6_500.gif

tumblr_nrsn2gpQIg1tua0a5o3_500.gif

tumblr_nrsn2gpQIg1tua0a5o1_500.gif

tumblr_nrsn2gpQIg1tua0a5o5_500.gif

If this doesn't convince people that God Eater is amazing I don't know what will. Ughh this anime adaptation is so good it just makes me sad that we aren't getting the goddamn games.

Glad you are enjoying the anime Names :D. I like the first episode when it launched and I am looking forward to when the next one comes out.

Like I said in the past regarding the games, a lot points to them coming but Bamco isn't doing anything yet for some reason :l.

Glad you are enjoying the anime Names :D. I like the first episode when it launched and I am looking forward to when the next one comes out.

Like I said in the past regarding the games, a lot points to them coming but Bamco isn't doing anything yet for some reason :l.

Episode 2 came out yesterday, it's on every sunday afternoon! Go watch that shit ahah! These gifs are from the last episode.

I love how well they are treating the source material while creating something new of their own. This is very different from the game but in a good way. They borrow a lot from it, characters, some story elements, enemy designs, their attack patterns, etc. However, the game's cutscenes were just that, cutscenes meant to be watched for a minute or two and then you play. Ufotable is creating a thing of their own in that world and it is fantastic. The direction and art is superb as you can briefly see in these gifs.

Hoping that this silence on our front means that they plan on bringing the Remake first, followed by Rage Burst, which would be a little weird since one came out after the other, but would make sense in order to reboot the franchise in the west, starting from the very start.

RK128

Episode 2 came out yesterday, it's on every sunday afternoon! Go watch that shit ahah! These gifs are from the last episode.

I love how well they are treating the source material while creating something new of their own. This is very different from the game but in a good way. They borrow a lot from it, characters, some story elements, enemy designs, their attack patterns, etc. However, the game's cutscenes were just that, cutscenes meant to be watched for a minute or two and then you play. Ufotable is creating a thing of their own in that world and it is fantastic. The direction and art is superb as you can briefly see in these gifs.

Hoping that this silence on our front means that they plan on bringing the Remake first, followed by Rage Burst, which would be a little weird since one came out after the other, but would make sense in order to reboot the franchise in the west, starting from the very start.

I think they might pull what the Dragnaropma (sorry if I butchered the name X() did; localize both the first and second game in one year but with them coming out at different time frames (the first coming out early 2014 while the second coming out late 2014).

With that, I guess we can expect this to happen with God Eater:
-Resurrection coming early 2016 in the NA/EU (releases in JP sometime early next year too.....so, have it either be a world-wide release or having the JP come out in say Feb. while the US/EU versions launch April/May)
-2: Rage Burst coming late 2016 in NA/EU (with news of that happening right alongside Resurrection's launch and maybe a season 2 announcement of the anime to hype things up).

I think they might pull what the Dragnaropma (sorry if I butchered the name X() did; localize both the first and second game in one year but with them coming out at different time frames (the first coming out early 2014 while the second coming out late 2014).

With that, I guess we can expect this to happen with God Eater:
-Resurrection coming early 2016 in the NA/EU (releases in JP sometime early next year too.....so, have it either be a world-wide release or having the JP come out in say Feb. while the US/EU versions launch April/May)
-2: Rage Burst coming late 2016 in NA/EU (with news of that happening right alongside Resurrection's launch and maybe a season 2 announcement of the anime to hype things up).
Danganronpa :p But yeah same thing I had in mind. Resurrection is out in JP in November. We could get that first in early 2016 since the script would be pretty easy to transfer over thanks to Burst on the PSP. If not it would make things that much faster at least. They could then release 2, at the end of the year and by then who knows, God Eater 3 is announced in JP.

RK128

Danganronpa :p But yeah same thing I had in mind. Resurrection is out in JP in November. We could get that first in early 2016 since the script would be pretty easy to transfer over thanks to Burst on the PSP. If not it would make things that much faster at least. They could then release 2, at the end of the year and by then who knows, God Eater 3 is announced in JP.

Didn't think Resurrection is coming out so soon..... That just makes the idea all the more realistic :D!

So early 2016 for the remake of the first game while mid or late 2016 for the sequel; seems like a great way to space-out the releases and if they do well over here, we will get the third one localized (like how we got Danganronpa Another Episode this fall due to the success of the first two games last year :D).

I don't remember a lot of Spyro tracks, but the ones I've still memory of...damn. It was amazing

Haha, good choice.

But damn son, you need to get on that. Best OST's in gaming in my opinion. Even if you've never played the games before and found they've aged horribly (which I don't think is true), the soundtracks are still god-tier.

Here's my favourite from each game:

Spyro 1 (Lofty Castle)

Spyro 2 (Metropolis)

Spyro 3 (Icy Peak)

And as a bonus, here's the best song from Spyro 4, a game you should never touch with a barge pole because it's awful... but it still has Stewart Copeland on the soundtrack which is fantastic, but such a shame he was wasted on a trite game like this.

Spyro 4 (Banzai Speedway)

Didn't think Resurrection is coming out so soon..... That just makes the idea all the more realistic :D!

So early 2016 for the remake of the first game while mid or late 2016 for the sequel; seems like a great way to space-out the releases and if they do well over here, we will get the third one localized (like how we got Danganronpa Another Episode this fall due to the success of the first two games last year :D).
Yeah this a pretty good and realistic plan. Although we will be regressing in terms of release dates in Japan by which one came first, the right order would be Resurrection and then Rage Burst so it would work. Digimon and GE in 2016 along with all the other great games that we are getting on that year would make me really happy.

I watched the first 2 episodes, I'm trying to like it... but damn, it's so boring for me. I'm just watching it because Ufotable.

Hikami

I'll be so disappointed if Resurrection makes it over here instead of GE2:RB. If it bombed then there's no way we'd ever get the other one here.

I tried watching the anime but it was just so boring besides ufotable's animation. I've just played enough of the first God Eater to where I'm tired of it at this point.

Guess I'm the only one that likes it. At least I'm getting my God Eater fix for better or worse lol.

This will keep me entertained until September. Once that's done, the campaigning on here and social media for the games will be back, muahaha

tumblr_npwi1y41ak1rgagxfo1_500.gif

SerTapTap

Since I enjoyed Freedom Wars I'd probably give God Eater a shot on PS4 if something came over. Got a couple Nendoroids of the GE2 characters too. But not about to import and play it in Japanese any time soon. The way Bamco's been going it wouldn't surprise me to see it localized though

Shizuka

Oh my, I didn't think Ar nosurge Plus would get me like this. This is almost like when I played Persona 4 Golden, I keep reminiscing about the story and the characters, wishing it wasn't over.

Like listening to this song, it hits me where it hurts.

w8fIAh.jpg

Shizuka

That good? Maybe I should bump it up on my next-to-play list. I still need to read the Ciel backstory, though.

If not for the excess of dialogue during several parts of the game (genometrics, purification rituals, synthesis) and the performance issues with the Vita version (framerate drops like crazy in a few scenes), I'd give it a perfect score.

Tapejara

I wasn't sure about Onechanbara Z2 Chaos (didn't enjoy Senran Kagura at all), but the gameplay is actually pretty good. The characters are pretty dull though. Still, really liking it.

Since I enjoyed Freedom Wars I'd probably give God Eater a shot on PS4 if something came over. Got a couple Nendoroids of the GE2 characters too. But not about to import and play it in Japanese any time soon. The way Bamco's been going it wouldn't surprise me to see it localized though

Totally different discussion, but I was curious on your thoughts about Onechanbara? You're a bit further than me in the story; does the writing improve?

SerTapTap

I wasn't sure about Onechanbara Z2 Chaos (didn't enjoy Senran Kagura at all), but the gameplay is actually pretty good. The characters are pretty dull though. Still, really liking it.

Totally different discussion, but I was curious on your thoughts about Onechanbara? You're a bit further than me in the story; does the writing improve?

Western version is still under embargo and I'm not sure how strict they want to be (and I don't really want to ask when it's over in like 12 hours anyway). I'll post some thoughts tomorrow, not sure if I'll do a video or written review yet tho.

Feels kinda weird to be under embargo when the Japanese game is out but eh, I respect the marketing implications.

Tapejara

Western version is still under embargo and I'm not sure how strict they want to be (and I don't really want to ask when it's over in like 12 hours anyway). I'll post some thoughts tomorrow, not sure if I'll do a video or written review yet tho.

Feels kinda weird to be under embargo when the Japanese game is out but eh, I respect the marketing implications.

Yeah, understood. I'm not even playing the Japanese version - Amazon just sent me my copy early lol.

Shizuka

Oh my, I didn't think Ar nosurge Plus would get me like this. This is almost like when I played Persona 4 Golden, I keep reminiscing about the story and the characters, wishing it wasn't over.

w8fIAh.jpg

Yeah, Ar is just under P4G as far as Vita RPGs are concerned. Would be my Vita GOTY were it not for Steins Gate.

Pretty bold statements. I'm on my way home, weather was just too good to pass up on going out on my day off lol. After I watch me some True Detective I'm gonna dive right into chapter 9 of Ciel. Almost done!

SerTapTap

Yeah, understood. I'm not even playing the Japanese version - Amazon just sent me my copy early lol.

Oh, lol. Funniest time that's happened to me is when the Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 was shipped to me several days before release...from square themselves.

w8fIAh.jpg

That song is amazing, now suffer because NO ONE cares about Ar nosurge. ;-;

I just played a bit during my lunch break, I love the game so much, if it wasn't for the freaking framerate I would recommend the game to everyone.

flyover

Hey VitaGAF, if you're looking for something to pass the time today why not grab issue #3 of The Vita Lounge's e-Mag?
It went free to the public this morning and features a ton of good stuff from across the Vita community (and of course TVL);

Great work by all of you, as usual!

RK128

Hey VitaGAF, if you're looking for something to pass the time today why not grab issue #3 of The Vita Lounge's e-Mag?
It went free to the public this morning and features a ton of good stuff from across the Vita community (and of course TVL);

View in Calameo (web-only) here; http://en.calameo.com/read/004256142bf5105c3929e
Or pick up the PDF version here; http://thevitalounge.net/magazine/

Hope you like it. :)

Another fantastic issue :). Looking forward to the next issue and if you need any help with an article or something, feel free to PM me :D.

Really liked the article covering ACKK Studios and Greg's comment on the whole 'Legacy' system deal; the former was awesome due to learning about how their next project is coming to the Vita while the latter was great hearing a strong Vita supporter share his thoughts on the 'Legacy' comment :).

Keep up the great work and good luck with future issues :).

Shizuka

That song is amazing, now suffer because NO ONE cares about Ar nosurge. ;-;

I just played a bit during my lunch break, I love the game so much, if it wasn't for the freaking framerate I would recommend the game to everyone.

You do, and so does Gold apparently. That's enough for me. <3

autoduelist

View in Calameo (web-only) here; http://en.calameo.com/read/004256142bf5105c3929e
Or pick up the PDF version here; http://thevitalounge.net/magazine/

Hope you like it. :)

Really enjoying it so far! Had to skim some due to lack of time, but will dig in more later.

What's the game on the bottom corner of page 14?

VLiberty

Haha, good choice.

But damn son, you need to get on that. Best OST's in gaming in my opinion. Even if you've never played the games before and found they've aged horribly (which I don't think is true), the soundtracks are still god-tier.

Here's my favourite from each game:

Spyro 1 (Lofty Castle)

Spyro 2 (Metropolis)

Spyro 3 (Icy Peak)

And as a bonus, here's the best song from Spyro 4, a game you should never touch with a barge pole because it's awful... but it still has Stewart Copeland on the soundtrack which is fantastic, but such a shame he was wasted on a trite game like this.

Spyro 4 (Banzai Speedway)
...I had ç_ç it wasn't even that bad as a game, but it was a technical mess.

I know that feel, as I said, it's the same for PSMove Heroes. Great OST wasted on a turd, while the newer R&C games get subpar OSTs. Bah

Never heard of PS Move Heroes OST before, but wow, a lot better then I expected; it has that PS2 Ratchet charm that felt a bit 'lacking' in recent games (its still there, but a lot more muted despite the Future series and Into the Nexus OST's being strong overall).

The Jak series does have a good soundtrack; just its not as memorible to me as the Ratchet series soundtracks.

Daxter did have a fantastic score; loved the themes to the Lumber Mill, Barons Palace, and Westside Hotel :D.

Didn't expect Jak X's soundtrack to mirror the Twisted Metal series so much XD. Guess they couldn't help mirroring the iconic Sony racer with Jak X that way :').

It's because the amazing David Bergeaud stopped composing for R&C games after Quest for Booty, with the exception of PSMove Heroes. I remember I heard he also made the Medieval Moves OST; I have got that game for 3&#8364;, I need to try it someday but I can't be arsed to configure the pseye and shit. :/

Never played Twisted Metal so I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised. Jaffe, in turn, took one of Jak X's tracks for his new game. Haha

Goddamnit I must have some disease or something that won't let me read without falling asleep lol. I just had to down a mug of coffee because I almost knocked out at the end of reading one chapter of Ciel. It's not that the story isn't interesting because it is! This is annoying, this happens to me with text heavy games too.

ryseing

really trying to wean myself off pre-ordering CEs

Same. The tchotchkes look cool but then I realize I really don't have any place to put them. Sticking to steelbooks only for the near future.

Speaking of which, where's my Battlefront steelbook EA >.>

RK128

w8fIAh.jpg

Damn, I know you praised this game a lot the past few days but it being on the same level as Persona 4 Golden......I was going to get this, but now I HAVE to get it this fall (want to beat a good deal of my back log first) XD!

Listened to the games OST on YouTube and is some great stuff; the battle theme is beautiful voilin piece for example.

Can't wait to try the game out later on and once I finish the summary on Ciel No Surge, I will be caught up with everything :).

SerTapTap

There gonna be a Onechanbara Z2 (western release) OT? I have questions for once the game's officially released.

Oh dang totp um Buy/play Journey. Again

Hikami

God Eater 2 is getting localized!!
By fans, for the PSP.

They haven't really been making much progress so that one's probably not happening either.. not any time soon at least.

edit; Was looking at the wrong site, 43% translated apparently so I take that back.
At the rate they're going it would probably be translated before Bamco even decides to announce anything.

RK128

God Eater 2 is getting localized!!
By fans, for the PSP.

Well, didn't that happen to Typo-0 too? It is perfectly reasonable that if the publisher doesn't want the game over, then the fans will do the work themesleves to finally play the end product.

The question now is the following: What is Bamco going to do about this (as they own the IP and can do what they want with it) and what if this pushes them to make a translation of both Resurrection and 2: Rage Burst faster?

That is what happened with Square, as they had internal plans for Type-0 HD well before work on the fan translation of the PSP version started. The head guy in charged of the project even released the fan-translation 24 hours before Type-0 HD's launch (despite other people on the project not wanting that to happen, as Square was fine with them working on the project and vice-versa).

So, I guess we will see what happens going forward; fan-works lead to the publisher acting out in response (sadly, in a negative way sometimes), so this could lead to the NA/EU localization coming faster then any of us expected (we could get 2:RB this fall and Resurrection early 2016 if Bamco really wants to do it fast).

Top Bottom