• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2015

Massa

Any word on how the Vita port of the new RE game is? I REALLY want to play it but don't want to get burned by a bad port. It comes out pretty soon so I would think there are some impressions out there.

The PS4 port of that game was kind of bad, don't get your hopes up for the Vita version.

It's either something shitty is happening in Kadokawa's gaming division or theyr'e just unlucky.

KanColle Kai will be Love Live Mk II.

And then when they run out of things to ruin, they'll then delay whatever Dark Souls game they're developing and it'd have extremely bad reviews when it comes out.

Shizuka

It's either something shitty is happening in Kadokawa's gaming division or theyr'e just unlucky.

KanColle Kai will be Love Live Mk II.

And then when they run out of things to ruin, they'll then delay whatever Dark Souls game they're developing and it'd have extremely bad reviews when it comes out.

Not before Natural Doctrine 2.

RK128

Unfortunate. I will most likely pass unless I see some videos that show it is fine.

From the footage I saw online, the game seems to run at a frame rate of 20-30FPS while it being non-native res (likely sub-native). The game otherwise, the game looks similar to the PS3/360 versions, so expect that at least.

RK128

I'm back from the dead, I love Ar Nosurge so far, I think it'll be the next P4G for me.

Glad you are enjoying it so much :D!

Still have to get around getting it (backlog too large alongside wanting to save money on games :l) but I love what I heard of its soundtrack and Ceil No Surge's soundtrack as well.

Fantastic game and I hope you continue to enjoy it :D.

ZeroAKA

I'm going to be busy traveling for a few days, so the August PSN thread is either going to be up early tomorrow if I remember to post it before I leave or it's not going up until Saturday night/Sunday morning... probably. Tell your world all of your PSNGAF friends if they start asking questions, thanks.

SerTapTap

^all is doomed

I don't speak Japanese but watching this clip I assume the plotline revolves around something which is causing all women on this planet to develop quadruple D breasts

Cup sizes do go higher in letter than D
enhanced-32005-1422840611-40.jpg

Shizuka

I'm going to be busy traveling for a few days, so the August PSN thread is either going to be up early tomorrow if I remember to post it before I leave or it's not going up until Saturday night/Sunday morning... probably. Tell your world all of your PSNGAF friends if they start asking questions, thanks.

Ar nosurge Plus GotM.

autoduelist

Quick question -- I'm about to wrap up the plat for Operation Abyss (once I grind out 3k kills) and I need a palate cleanser.

Anyone feel like naming their

Top 5 Vita games that can be beat in about 5 hours? [100%, preferably] Basically, your favorite 'short' games. I want to clear a bit of backlog while getting a change of pace before DT2.

Thanks for DAI impressions.
I'll guess I'll wait for a sale of Witcher 3.
Also waiting for Dying Light to go down in price.
Have Fallout 4 and MGSV preordered so they will probably take my time anyway.

I realized the best way to summarize DA:I is that all weapons are now rated in DPS. Yes, damage per second when you simply hold down right trigger. Sure, you have some special moves on timers, but basically, you're just sitting there holding trigger. I really enjoyed the combat in DA:O... it just feels soulless here. That said, they had some good ideas in terms of making it truly feel 'open world', it just can't outrace it's own drudgery.

It is SO goddamn good. I got the platinum within 48 hours. Fantastic from start to finish, I only wish there were more of those challenge rooms or some sort of roguelite mode, the combat system is too amazing to stop using.

Yup, transistor was amazing. Like you, I really wish there was an endless mode or something; I wanted more combat, harder combat.

Shizuka

If Ar nosurge Plus wasn't so good, I'd go with Hatoful Boyfriend or Lost Dimension instead.

Autoduelist:

- Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds;
- Jacob Jones;
- Home;
- Murasaki Baby;
- Hatoful Boyfriend.

Yasumi

Banned
Any ideas for the IA OT title? I was thinking something like "Our Inner Arts Finally Come Out to Paint the World," but that's a bit wordy. Suggestions?

Any ideas for the IA OT title? I was thinking something like "Our Inner Arts Finally Come Out to Paint the World," but that's a bit wordy. Suggestions?

IA Finally Sees the Lights (song not included)

Edit: The lights part is bugging me

IA Finally Sees the Light (song not included)

Prelude.

Are we completely sure See the Lights is not in the game in any form? It's super weird.

A life/death/legacy joke would be very clever and original for a Vita OT. No one ever did that before.

Hikami

What does the plus version of Ar nosurge add to the game?

Thinking of getting the game but only have enough for the PS3 version at the moment. Wondering if I should get it now or just wait til I can get the Vita one.

edit; should've checked the OT first, I see them now. The extra stuff doesn't seem all that significant though.. or am I wrong?

RK128

Thinking of getting the game but only have enough for the PS3 version at the moment. Wondering if I should get it now or just wait til I can get the Vita one.

edit; should've checked the OT first, I see them now. The extra stuff doesn't seem all that significant though.. or am I wrong?

Is a mix of costumes for the main characters that are unlockable in-game and with free DLC alongside some extra content regarding some of the character interactions.

The frame rate took a hit during the transition to the Vita and the text might be a bit too small but otherwise its a solid, enjoyable port of a fantastic PS3 game :).

The new features don't really add that much to the original PS3 game, but RPG's feel great to play on the Vita, so that alone makes it worth while :).

Producer

None of Gust's Plus ports really have significant content that would make it the definative version. Ar Nosurge PS3 is good, and its about half price of the vita version.

autoduelist

Man, now that I've read a couple of solid reviews for Lost Dimension, I'm really upset with myself for cancelling my preorder. It sounds like I'd really dig it.

Not sure if I should go get it or just wait a bit, since DT2 is out soon. Hrm.

I need this so much, I really hope it's not a text heavy game.

I couldn't imagine playing RPGs in Japanese because I need to understand the systems fully to enjoy them

But I've been thinking more and more about finally learning a base level of Japanese just so I can understand menus and descriptions and stuff. I rarely really care about stories anyway. I wonder how difficult that would be

EDIT: Or maybe I misunderstood and you're talking about the time it takes to localize, then just ignore me lol

I've been trying to finish Sorcery Saga lately. It's dull. I don't regret buying it (only £12.00 when I bought it) but it's a really forgettable game.

Think I'm going to pick up Atelier Meruru Plus next. Loved Totori and Rorona so hoping it's a fitting conclusion.

I couldn't imagine playing RPGs in Japanese because I need to understand the systems fully to enjoy them

But I've been thinking more and more about finally learning a base level of Japanese just so I can understand menus and descriptions and stuff. I rarely really care about stories anyway. I wonder how difficult that would be

EDIT: Or maybe I misunderstood and you're talking about the time it takes to localize, then just ignore me lol

Not to try to dissuade you from learning the language, but I have a base knowledge of Japanese and the vast majority of menus and descriptions are completely incomprehensible. Games rarely have furigana (the symbols above the kanji that tell you how to read it), so until you're at a sufficiently advanced level to read a significant percentage of the 1800-ish kanji in common usage, you're going to have a tough time with any game not targeted at kids.

It's a very worthwhile endeavor, and even what little I know has enriched my enjoyment of Japanese media of all sorts, but don't expect to study for a month and understand more than a couple of the simplest menus and not a single item or ability description.

Again, I'm not trying to dissuade you. The months of effort I've put in really do feel worth it. Just go in with realistic expectations or you'll just be frustrated and disappointed.

Top Bottom