• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2015

Ventara

qyRR4lM.png

Free games for PlayStation Plus subscribers in August:
  • Castlestorm (PS3, Vita)
  • God of War: Ascension (PS3)
  • Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris (PS4)
  • Limbo (PS4)
  • Sound Shapes (PS4, PS3, Vita)
  • Stealth Inc. 2 (PS4, PS3, Vita)

Nice! Sound Shapes and Stealth 2 for me, though I'll "buy" everything, of course.

RK128

Dogs are stupid. Cats though

Cats are geniuses man XD. They use their cuteness to get what ever they want and always talk to you whenever they feel something is wrong. My three cats at home always talk to me and my family, sometimes very loudly whenever we get them cat treats or when my boy cat (Smoky) sees my mom wake up; after that he jumps on her bed and keeps on meowing XD.

Cats are awesome :').

qyRR4lM.png

• Limbo (PS4)

That is a great list of games :D.
-Played Ascension in the past and hated it, but giving it another shot doesn't sound so bad :).
-Don't own a PS4 yet (so can't play this) but it will be a fun game to play this fall when I do get one.
-Loved Limbo when it came out on Vita a few years back, so anyone interested will have a great time with this one :D.
-Sound Shapes was one of the earliest Vita games I got and I loved it. Great visuals, fantastic score and tight controls made it a treat to play. Just don't play the game in Death Mode :l.
-I always wanted to play Stealth Inc. 2 but never got around to buying it; nice seeing that waiting was worth while XD.
-Heard interesting things about CastleStorm, so I look forward to checking it out.

Shizuka

Why don't you use a Pro Controller? it was born for Bayo 1+2.

WiiU Pro-Controller? Everyone should have one, it's the best. Sony should let me use it with my PS4 as well.

I'm getting one, but it's too expensive for me right now. I'll get back to Bayonetta once I get it, though.

qyRR4lM.png

• Limbo (PS4)

July's Game of the Month: Ar nosurge Plus.

RK128

July's Game of the Month: Ar nosurge Plus.

Gotta get this game latter on, but after listening to the soundtrack of it and Ciel No Surge this month, I have to agree with you; if we have a Game of the Month again, it needs to be part of the OP for the August thread :D.

Shizuka

Gotta get this game latter on, but after listening to the soundtrack of it and Ciel No Surge this month, I have to agree with you; if we have a Game of the Month again, it needs to be part of the OP for the August thread :D.

I hope you enjoy it when you get it, I'm glad to see you talking about the game with much gusto.

You spelled Rocket League wrong.

Pfft, we all know the PS4 is only an accessory to the Vita.

So something about the PlayStation Store has been bugging me lately, but this just took a new turn...
yesfrhm.png

Most likely just because it loads a different language for the page, but for the Dutch website it's presenting features that aren't even available in the country. Buying/renting movies and TV shows has to this day not been implanted here in the Netherlands, so I don't know why it's such a big problem to upload a different leading image.

RK128

I hope you enjoy it when you get it, I'm glad to see you talking about the game with much gusto.

Pfft, we all know the PS4 is only an accessory to the Vita.

No problem :); its a game on the top of my very long list of Vita games to pick up this fall (ReBirth 3, Action Unleashed, Dangrompa 1 and 2, Another Episode, Trials of Cold Steel Part 1, Trails of the Sky, Mighty No. 9, Shantae: Half Genie Hero, ect) XD.

The soundtrack of Ciel No Surge specifically is fanatic; the vocal tracks are beautiful and the visuals linked to them (the Song scenes in Ciel No Surge) look amazing :'). Its a shame it never got localized, but I understand why it wasn't (VN x Life Simulator, Extensive VA work needed, large script to translate, ect).

Ar No Suge has a fantastic soundtrack as well and its gameplay systems are very interesting looking (the combat looks like a mix of Mario & Luigi, Paper Mario and KH: Chain of Memories to me....and I love those games :D!).

Can't wait to dive into the game this fall :).

Shizuka

No problem :); its a game on the top of my very long list of Vita games to pick up this fall (ReBirth 3, Action Unleashed, Dangrompa 1 and 2, Another Episode, Trials of Cold Steel Part 1, Trails of the Sky, Mighty No. 9, Shantae: Half Genie Hero, ect) XD.

The soundtrack of Ciel No Surge specifically is fanatic; the vocal tracks are beautiful and the visuals linked to them (the Song scenes in Ciel No Surge) look amazing :'). Its a shame it never got localized, but I understand why it wasn't (VN x Life Simulator, Extensive VA work needed, large script to translate, ect).

Ar No Suge has a fantastic soundtrack as well and its gameplay systems are very interesting looking (the combat looks like a mix of Mario & Luigi, Paper Mario and KH: Chain of Memories to me....and I love those games :D!).

Can't wait to dive into the game this fall :).

Do you plan to read the Ciel nosurge summary? It's not absolutely necessary, but I'd definitely recommend it if you're up for lots of reading.

RK128

Do you plan to read the Ciel nosurge summary? It's not absolutely necessary, but I'd definitely recommend it if you're up for lots of reading.

I read the 'Sparknotes' version of the summary but I still have to read the longer one next month (should be done with it by September, which should be around the time I get more money for getting some games :D).

qyRR4lM.png

• Limbo (PS4)

Meh /: just another month. Got Limbo and Sound Shapes a long time ago already. Nothing for me.

Chopper

Is the first Stealth Inc. game not cross-buy? I own it on Vita, and can download it on my PS3, but they want me to pay for it on PS4?

Benedict

Went with The Golf Club only.
Interested in both Borderlands Handsome Collection and Dying Light but not at these prices.
Already have BL2 on PC.

Shizuka

I'm happy with the two indies announced this week for the Vita, Iconoclasts and Actual Sunlight. Good to have a break for all those Vita cancellations.

SerTapTap

Is the first Stealth Inc. game not cross-buy? I own it on Vita, and can download it on my PS3, but they want me to pay for it on PS4?

Cross buy doesn't always include all platforms. Many games that were PS+ on a prior platform decided to make their PS4 version not-crossbuy. Kind of annoying, personally I'd take cross buy over PS+

It's all up to the developer

Finished the DT2 demo. Definitely fun, and with the size of the last dungeon, it was starting to feel more challenging. Looking forward to playing my first drpg once my order from play-asia gets here in a week or so.

Producer

just from the demo i can already tell DT2 is so much better than Demon Gaze. Cant wait till my local game store has it
used

Hey, did you finish it already? I'm onto you, girl!

I'M WORKING ON IT!

And believe me, I want to finish it before next week because it's EO time. I'm so glad the game came out for Vita, I don't know why I stopped playing the PS3 version last year when the game is so great.

I'm a girl now?

Tizoc

I got night shift in 2 days time really want to play and finish Lost D. during that time, but my copy won't arrive til like the 3rd night shift @_@

Producer

It's sad that most gamers, even the ones into Niche Japanese stuff, are ignoring if for whatever reason.

I remember when it came out for ps3 like half of the people posting in ar nosurge threads said they were gonna wait for the Plus version (wasnt announced at the time). Hope they actually kept their word.

Shizuka

just from the demo i can already tell DT2 is so much better than Demon Gaze. Cant wait till my local game store has it
used

There is a calendar for the first-print edition, but it's not a good bonus for me. Not that I'd buy it used, but it's nothing that'd make me recommend people getting it new.

Played Ar nosurge Plus for JRPG July. Had a great time with it and even got the platinum (my first ever!).

Congratulations, glad you had a great time.

I'M WORKING ON IT!

And believe me, I want to finish it before next week because it's EO time.

I'm a girl now?

Girl, I always say that when I get close to another member. It's like you're almost completing my social link.

Girl, I always say that when I get close to another member. It's like you're almost completing my social link.

What level am I?

I'm so going to reverse our SL.

I remember when it came out for ps3 like half of the people posting in ar nosurge threads said they were gonna wait for the Plus version (wasnt announced at the time). Hope they actually kept their word.

I got both, I'm not even sure if I said I was going to get Plus but here we are now.

Producer

There is a calendar for the first-print edition, but it's not a good bonus for me. Not that I'd buy it used, but it's nothing that'd make me recommend people getting it new.

I'm buying it used for a different reason, i didnt know it had a calender bonus lol, they're running out of ideas.

qyRR4lM.png

• Limbo (PS4)

How is Temple of Osiris? Not that I need anything more to put in my backlog, but I've never really played a Tomb Raider game.

Benedict

Somebody know about the DLC for The Golf Club Game?
HB Studios says on Twitter there is DLC for the game but I can't find any on EU PSN Store.

Edit:
Fun fact: The Golf Club has 1636 ratings on US PSN store and 1807 on EU (Sweden) PSN store.
Usually there are more people who have rated a game in the US.

OMG Aero

Does anyone know what's up with Phantom Breaker Battle Grounds in Europe? It was supposed to be out last week but it never turned up and I can't find any information about it anywhere.
I think I just found my pigeonbando on Hatoful Boyfriend.
I believe the term is husbandove.

SerTapTap

I forget if I posted in here about Onechanbara Z2 Chaos: the combat is surprisingly great, but unless you like the low budget grindhouse theme, pretty much everything else is bad. But, it's a surprisingly competent character action game with all the fixin's, lots of cool combos and stuff to execute for high scores. Only downside on that front are it's a bit too easy, enemies are more braindead (more musou like than character action, even bosses are fairly tame), so the difficulty is more in about squeezing as much score as you can out of enemies rather than struggling to survive. also, it's a flawless 60 FPS, though it has bad load times, crashed once, and I had to jump over a barrier that failed to lower once.

I have a video review but I'm holding off publishing it so I have a more regular release shedule.

used

I almost wanted to review that but at this rate I'll never finish Operation Abyss so I'll just chill out on the Vita DRPGs for a while

I think I just found my pigeonbando on Hatoful Boyfriend.

Bleeding heart one is the coolest IMO. ...the cooest

How is Temple of Osiris? Not that I need anything more to put in my backlog, but I've never really played a Tomb Raider game.

Heard it's worse than Guardian of Light which has very good reviews. Also it's not a standard Tomb Raider game, more like a co op top down twin stick shooter thing. But when it's free, might as well try (IIRC Guardian of Light was also PS+, but its PS3 only)

Does anyone know what's up with Phantom Breaker Battle Grounds in Europe? It was supposed to be out last week but it never turned up and I can't find any information about it anywhere.

Who publishes 5PB stuff over there, is it still 5pbUSA? It's honestly really confusing to keep up with their stuff and they're on a shoestring budget, lots of stuff could have gone wrong.

Anyone else get Phantom Breaker BG for PS4? Would be nice to play online. Also, it's a damn shame this game isn't cross play or cross save. I'm starting over for the THIRD time.

OMG Aero

Who publishes 5PB stuff over there, is it still 5pbUSA? It's honestly really confusing to keep up with their stuff and they're on a shoestring budget, lots of stuff could have gone wrong.
I have no idea and I don't know how to find out, everything I search for is either about the American version or in Japanese.

There was finally a small update on twitter today @5pbgamesUSA

https://twitter.com/5pbgamesUSA/status/626179437726441477

. @Settbro Trying to pin it down right now, but no hard date yet.

Probably certification/rating bullshit

SerTapTap

I see, didn't get that one yet.

Haven't played it, but I saw the portraits

There was finally a small update on twitter today @5pbgamesUSA

https://twitter.com/5pbgamesUSA/status/626179437726441477

Probably certification/rating bullshit

This is generally what it is, SCEA seems to be a bit faster to cert (less countries/ratings boards after all), seen a couple other very small operations drop in EU a week or so later because of that. And one case where it was a week earlier in EU because they were from the EU (that's why I have an EU account now)

The DT2 demo is fantastic, I love how good everything about it is, the game also seems to have quite the budget for a DRPG, the music is great and the gameplay is just what you'd expect from a dungeon crawler... but WHY DOES IT COME OUT THE SAME MONTH AS EO2U... I wouldn't mind but they are both Atlus published games, I'm still buying it day one.

It's so weird to play an Atlus published game with Japanese voices! I love how there's an option to have "Girls only" Voices. I love that we got Japanese VAs as the voice work is stellar from what I've heard.

Do you despise me so?

I infiltrated the PSN thread just to destroy all your hopes and dreams, had to act like the Vita doesn’t suck for months, all for this day, the day I would destroy you.

Nah, you&#8217;re cool and all but I'm super tsundere. <3

RK128

Put more time into ReBirth 2 and I'm surprised how far I am in the game XD.

My part is round level 42-46, I have the best weapons and to top it all off, I completed a good deal of the quests from the guild (with the shares for Arfore being at 39% while very one else sits at about 10-22%). Still have some quests to complete (that is my focus right now) alongside some plans to do as well, but otherwise, I feel more confident in my progress in ReBirth 2 then ReBirth 1 despite putting far more hours into the latter game :).

On to a more unrelated topic through, I installed Windows 10 on my laptop and I'm impressed at how fast it is; after restarting it and as of right now re-installing AVG (my anti-virus program), the computer is faster then before. Not to mention, it has this really great look to it that makes it match the Dark theme NeoGaf has XD.

SerTapTap

Put more time into ReBirth 2 and I'm surprised how far I am in the game XD.

My part is round level 42-46, I have the best weapons and to top it all off, I completed a good deal of the quests from the guild (with the shares for Arfore being at 39% while very one else sits at about 10-22%). Still have some quests to complete (that is my focus right now) alongside some plans to do as well, but otherwise, I feel more confident in my progress in ReBirth 2 then ReBirth 1 despite putting far more hours into the latter game :).

Make a save late in Chapter 6 if you want to get all the endings/trophies, it's a real pain otherwise. Though you'll have to do at least one redo to get some content I believe

Top Bottom