• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2015

RK128

Make a save late in Chapter 6 if you want to get all the endings/trophies, it's a real pain otherwise. Though you'll have to do at least one redo to get some content I believe

You are talking about the Conquest ending and the 'true' endings I think. Will make three+ extra saves at the start of Chapter 6 to be safe :).

Thank you for the heads up TapTap and for getting me into the series :D. I really enjoying my time with ReBirth 2 and while I had my frustrations with ReBirth 1, I still enjoyed that games plot and characters :).

Great series and I look forward to getting ReBirth 3, Action Unleashed, Victory 2 (whenever I get my PS4), and the two Vita spin-offs coming in the future (really interested in learning more about the Sega Hard Girls cross-over; should be priceless XD).

SerTapTap

I must have gotten at least 10 people into Neptunia (and admit it to me) by now, they should pay me affiliate fees

Nothing should be as frustrating as Rebirth 1's difficulty spikes, though Victory/Rebirth 3 has a bit of a problem of running a few jokes into the ground (though Reb 2/mk2 do that with Underling) but it's still quite good. I haven't beat the remake though, too many games and so on. Beat Victory 2 instead, because beating a game I'll have to beat a second (or, like, fifth) time again to actually understand was a reasonable use of my time. Getting the Japanese OST was crazy worth it though

This will keep me entertained for while haha
She's awesome

jeJnkJl.png

RK128

I must have gotten at least 10 people into Neptunia (and admit it to me) by now, they should pay me affiliate fees

Nothing should be as frustrating as Rebirth 1's difficulty spikes, though Victory/Rebirth 3 has a bit of a problem of running a few jokes into the ground (though Reb 2/mk2 do that with Underling) but it's still quite good. I haven't beat the remake though, too many games and so on. Beat Victory 2 instead, because beating a game I'll have to beat a second (or, like, fifth) time again to actually understand was a reasonable use of my time. Getting the Japanese OST was crazy worth it though

Surprised Idea Factory and Complete Heart didn't give you money to advertise the series to people XD! Because if you and others didn't explain ReBirth 1 to me, I would have just ignored the series.

I think the Vita is one of the strongest gaming platforms right now due to how it pushes people into trying games they would have otherwise never touched before. The Hyperdimension series, Persona, Tales Of, Silent Hill, Metal Gear and latter this year, the Ar Tenelico series (if Ar No Surge Plus is part of that series), Dangrompa 1, 2 and Another Episode and Trails Of series :D.

bobohoro

I think I'm done with my first PS4 game, hooray. Driveclub was fun, got all those stars in the base game and did some online stuff, but without a dedicated group of friends to fill a club it loses steam rather quickly. It certainly looks great, although the feel is a bit off, probably due to 30fps. The driving itself is servicable, neither real Arcade nor real Simulation, which is kinda regretable, since it would have done better going harder in either direction.

Also played some Rocket League, now that's some dumb fun. Need to give it another go some time. But tomorrow is the day when Bloodborne&Samurai Warriors 4 should arrive, that should last me easily until Pirate Warriors 3.

SerTapTap

Trying out Abyss Odessey: Extended Dream Edition on PS4. Performance isn't great. Seems serviceable but nothing outstanding so far.

shopto has Guilty Gear Xrd for $25+ shipping ($2 in the US) but I assume they don't ship overseas. I want a physical copy but since I own it digital I think I might as well wait for the physical version of Revelator

Is Sony ever going to allow 'vanilla' USB gamepads/sticks to connect to PS4?

No. USB is what fucked over the PS3 in terms of hacking, only things like the Skullgirls driver will be allowed for games. IIRC they pretty much explicitly said so. Be thankful we get even that because most fighting games should support it (Japanese ones are a question mark, but if SF does then the rest should follow)

Kudo

Huh, I thought Journey physical version was coming at the same time as the digital but now I checked and it's 09.30, what a shame.

Still haven't received my Ar nosurge so I need to play that ASAP it arrives, hopefully getting Makai Shin Trillion next week too, what else is coming next month?

Shizuka

Kudo, stop changing to awesome avatars everytime, I'm jelly of your skills in finding and cropping these images with such skill.

Trying out Abyss Odessey: Extended Dream Edition on PS4. Performance isn't great. Seems serviceable but nothing outstanding so far.

shopto has Guilty Gear Xrd for $25+ shipping ($2 in the US) but I assume they don't ship overseas. I want a physical copy but since I own it digital I think I might as well wait for the physical version of Revelator

No. USB is what fucked over the PS3 in terms of hacking, only things like the Skullgirls driver will be allowed for games. IIRC they pretty much explicitly said so. Be thankful we get even that because most fighting games should support it (Japanese ones are a question mark, but if SF does then the rest should follow)

Oh wow, I just tested it and I can use my Neo Geo USB joypad on Skullgirls PS4! This is awesome.

I wish Street Fighter V and IV would do the same.. any word?

Shame to hear about Abyss Odyssey, was thinking about double-dipping.

Edit: Wow, works in SFIV as well! Ugh, why can't this just be system-wide.. I want to use it in other, more obscure, 2d games as well. Like Astebreed.

RK128

For anyone interested, Red Ash (the Kickstarter project announced during the Anime Expo) just got re-announced for PS4 and X1 as a published game and it will come even if the Kickstarter fails (which is likely to happen due to crappy management and control over the Kickstarter).

Here is a link to the thread announcing this news and even though I didn't like how the Kickstarter was handled, its great seeing another Legends-like game happening in the long run :).

Kudo

Kudo, stop changing to awesome avatars everytime, I'm jelly of your skills in finding and cropping these images with such skill.

Thank you!
I'm having existential crisis so I keep making more and more avatars, many that I will probably never use. I thought no one would notice.
Will try to slower the pace of changing them.

Thank you!
I'm having existential crisis so I keep making more and more avatars, many that I will probably never use. I thought no one would notice.
Will try to slower the pace of changing them.

You just haven't found "The One" yet. I used to change mine a lot too, usually to what I was playing at the moment. So to change that, I decided to use something that I already watched a long time ago and that I enjoyed. Hence why Houtarou from Hyouka is my avatar.

RK128

For anyone interested in 2D Sonic/Mega Man X/Kirby like games, a new Kickstarter popped up a few days ago called Spark the Electic Jester!

It is a mix between the speed of Sonic, the level design of Mega Man X and the power-up abilities you see in Kirby games.

Here is a link to the Kickstarter, demo and YouTube trailer to get an idea of the game.

No confirmed platforms outside of PC yet, but with stretch goals and/or latter ports, it might land on PlayStation systems in the future :D.

It is being made by the team behind the Sonic fan games, Before the Sequel and After the Sequel, with both not only sounding as good as Sonic games, but feeling just like great sequels to the Genesis Classics :).

Highly recommend you give the demo a shot and I hope they announce PlayStation ports in the future. As you guys know from my avatar, I love the Sonic series, so I feel like I should highlight this promising game to you guys :D.

For anyone interested in 2D Sonic/Mega Man X/Kirby like games, a new Kickstarter popped up a few days ago called Spark the Electic Jester!

It is a mix between the speed of Sonic, the level design of Mega Man X and the power-up abilities you see in Kirby games.

Here is a link to the Kickstarter, demo and YouTube trailer to get an idea of the game.

No confirmed platforms outside of PC yet, but with stretch goals and/or latter ports, it might land on PlayStation systems in the future :D.

It is being made by the team behind the Sonic fan games, Before the Sequel and After the Sequel, with both not only sounding as good as Sonic games, but feeling just like great sequels to the Genesis Classics :).

Highly recommend you give the demo a shot and I hope they announce PlayStation ports in the future. As you guys know from my avatar, I love the Sonic series, so I feel like I should highlight this promising game to you guys :D.

Looks pretty sweet! I might pitch in if they would announce a Playstation version.

RK128

Looks pretty sweet! I might pitch in if they would announce a Playstation version.

After playing some of the demo, the game feels great to play :D.

You basically are controlling a character similar to Lilac (if you played Freedom Planet, you will understand) or Sonic mixed with X; you can jump (but your jump doesn't have a spin), attack, and use power-ups similar to Kirby.

Each power up offers different abilities:
-Electric Bat offers you a spin-jump if you attack while pressing jump
-Sword lets you shot energy attacks depending on your direction of the stick
-Air basically gives you Sonic; you have a roll, a double jump and can dash mid-air

I really loved the air form the most but the mechanics are very solid and fun to play with :).

autoduelist

Is Unit 13 worth a look on the Vita?

I've already played through Killzone and Uncharted, got to be worth a go for £4, right?

Absolutely. It feels like an inspiration to KZ:M, actually, in that you approach each mission in various ways, though it's set up more like a score attack game in some ways. Tons of content (tons!). I had a blast plat'ing it.

------

Someone asked about Dragon Age: Inquisition
I liked the first one, disliked the second one.
This one just bored me. At first, it feels like there's a ton to do, but combat just felt very uninspired. Combat didn't feel tactical, at all, and even attempts to make it tactical [using pause to move your party around, etc] didn't work nearly as well as it should have and ultimately I ended up just holding trigger a lot. I enjoyed it for a short bit, then forced myself to keep trucking, and eventually threw in the towel

Benedict

Absolutely. It feels like an inspiration to KZ:M, actually, in that you approach each mission in various ways, though it's set up more like a score attack game in some ways. Tons of content (tons!). I had a blast plat'ing it.

------

Someone asked about Dragon Age: Inquisition
I liked the first one, disliked the second one.
This one just bored me. At first, it feels like there's a ton to do, but combat just felt very uninspired. Combat didn't feel tactical, at all, and even attempts to make it tactical [using pause to move your party around, etc] didn't work nearly as well as it should have and ultimately I ended up just holding trigger a lot. I enjoyed it for a short bit, then forced myself to keep trucking, and eventually threw in the towel

Thanks for DAI impressions.
I'll guess I'll wait for a sale of Witcher 3.
Also waiting for Dying Light to go down in price.
Have Fallout 4 and MGSV preordered so they will probably take my time anyway.

ramyeon

Finally getting around to playing Transistor on PS4. Been interested in this game for so long since I loved Bastion.

Holy shit this just oozes so much style.

macklelol

I bought IA/VT digitally, and I've been enjoying a whole lot. My thoughts about it so far:

Only really been playing free play mode so far, and not the other modes. I did take a glance at Step Up Play, looks like some sort of mission mode.

The gameplay is easy enough to understand and anyone who's played Project Diva shouldn't have any issues adjusting. You're forced into a tutorial when you first start the game, anyways lol.

So far, all the songs I've played have been the full song and not a cut version. That might not be a great thing cause some songs are over 5 minutes long, though. EDIT: Actually I don't really know lol, taking a look at the song credits some of them say Game Ver., so I guess some are cut or altered in some manner.

Songs have to be unlocked and hard difficulty is locked until you start clearing songs on normal, so pretty much the same as Project Diva. You gain levels by playing songs, and it seems like songs are unlocked as you level. I'm not sure about that one, haven't really been playing attention to what unlocks I've been getting.

Probably gonna be playing this all night, it's pretty fun.

I downloaded it on a whim since I had space on my Vita, and I'm legit surprised at how much I enjoyed the Dungeon Travelers 2 demo, especially since I typically abhor first person DRPGs with a passion. It strikes a nice balance between build options with the clean simplicity of character progression, and the fast-paced fights go a very long way in never making it feel overly grindy. (Possibly my main gripe with DRPGs in general)

I'm intrigued, but I'm not sure I want to buy it at full price yet.

zadig

Neo Member
Downloaded the free DLC for P4DAN, though I don't think I'll use the theme. I still like the 20th Anniversary theme best. :D How do you get the free avatars though? They're not showing up for me on the Vita PSN store.

IA/VT looks so good, and the songs in the gameplay video sound nice, but I haven't even had time to play P4DAN or Taiko yet (the only thing I've been playing lately is Steins;Gate since it can be played even while half asleep :p), so even though it's surprisingly not too expensive, I'll wait a bit.

Downloaded the free DLC for P4DAN, though I don't think I'll use the theme. I still like the 20th Anniversary theme best. :D How do you get the free avatars though? They're not showing up for me on the Vita PSN store.
Those still only work on PS3 because reasons

Ohnonono

Any word on how the Vita port of the new RE game is? I REALLY want to play it but don't want to get burned by a bad port. It comes out pretty soon so I would think there are some impressions out there.

SerTapTap

Finally getting around to playing Transistor on PS4. Been interested in this game for so long since I loved Bastion.

Holy shit this just oozes so much style.

It is SO goddamn good. I got the platinum within 48 hours. Fantastic from start to finish, I only wish there were more of those challenge rooms or some sort of roguelite mode, the combat system is too amazing to stop using.

Oh wow, I just tested it and I can use my Neo Geo USB joypad on Skullgirls PS4! This is awesome.

I wish Street Fighter V and IV would do the same.. any word?

Shame to hear about Abyss Odyssey, was thinking about double-dipping.

Edit: Wow, works in SFIV as well! Ugh, why can't this just be system-wide.. I want to use it in other, more obscure, 2d games as well. Like Astebreed.

IT can't be system-wide because that's how exploits happen. It's allowed for games, and will probably get more popular, it sounds like the Skullgirls guys are basically licensing to anyone who wants and not being greedy. I'm 99% sure SFV will have it and at that point Japanese fighters should take note, if they don't beforehand.

Not as nice as PS3, but it's much better than nothing. Crackers always ruin good things.

For anyone interested, Red Ash (the Kickstarter project announced during the Anime Expo) just got re-announced for PS4 and X1 as a published game and it will come even if the Kickstarter fails (which is likely to happen due to crappy management and control over the Kickstarter).

Here is a link to the thread announcing this news and even though I didn't like how the Kickstarter was handled, its great seeing another Legends-like game happening in the long run :).

IT was always obvious it was going to get a publisher. Thing was a disaster though, I just hope it doesn't negatively affect the game. Love Legends, hate that kickstarter.

SerTapTap

Anyone else get Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds Overdrive (ps4)? Could use a co op buddy especially since I'm playing through a third time and don't really care until I unlock the girl with the claw

Yoru no Nai Kuni 03 trailer

Really like that art style, hope people bemoaning the "death" of JRPGs won't ignore this like literally every single other JRPG that isn't Final Fantasy lately

Takao

Banned
Any word on how the Vita port of the new RE game is? I REALLY want to play it but don't want to get burned by a bad port. It comes out pretty soon so I would think there are some impressions out there.

It's a Sony port on Vita. I'd be surprised if it was anything better than bad.

Top Bottom