• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | June 2015

autoduelist

I think it'll have a short mention. Lots of scenes and titles blowing buy. Just enough to calm us crazy folk.

Maybe a re-reveal of stuff like Big Fest. Maybe another 'big' PS1 game landing. Also lots of PS4 PSN games have Vita versions, so I'm sure it'll get mini-mentions here and there.

EDIT:

Top of Page-- hmm. I guess Operation Abyss, though I haven't had time to get into it (still in character creation). So... Txk! Super Stardust! Crimsonland! Sine Mora! Velocity!

I think the most likely case is that Sony will show a highlight reel during the conference that last 2-3 minutes highlighting support for the Vita, with those two alongside a surprise game announcement (Disney Infinity 3.0 makes sense, considering they put 2.0 on the Vita, as does a new Tales of.... Vita game, as ToH sold well on Vita I think). Or, they will make a Vita highlight video for the PS YouTube channel.

Did they even show Tales of Hearts R off last E3?

Hikami

Considering how the tales games were the ones who dominated the hashtags before, maybe its Innocence's turn now.

I remember baba saying in some interview that Innocence R was never intended to be localized, and that was still the case when Hearts R was being localized. Said it could depend on how Hearts R performed (do we even know how that did?).

Unlikely for it to show up I think, would be nice if it did though.

I think the vita will be glossed over again at E3. Maybe featured in another F2P and/or indie highlight reel, but I wouldn't expect much else. Maybe another throwaway mention about remote play.

AsfaeksBR

So, just finished Danganronpa. It's just so much going on, it's just so gooooooood.
Questions:

-
What happened in the end? Like, is it explained anywhere what's the world like?
-
So Monokuma is actually "alive", with self control? Why did he obeyed Junko's orders?
-
What's the "plot hole" that I've seen people talk about?
- Can I now watch Danganronpa: AE's trailer without being spoiled?

Now I wait until Danganronpa 2 is on sale again... Please, Sony, put Danganronpa 2 on sale this week, pleeeeeeeease!

Shizuka

So, just finished Danganronpa. It's just so much going on, it's just so gooooooood.
Questions:

-
What happened in the end? Like, is it explained anywhere what's the world like?
-
So Monokuma is actually "alive", with self control? Why did he obeyed Junko's orders?
-
What's the "plot hole" that I've seen people talk about?
- Can I now watch Danganronpa: AE's trailer without being spoiled?

Now I wait until Danganronpa 2 is on sale again... Please, Sony, put Danganronpa 2 on sale this week, pleeeeeeeease!

Danganronpa 2 comes first, I can't answer your questions.

AsfaeksBR

Danganronpa 2 comes first, I can't answer your questions.

So it's a prequel?
So I probably won't even watch AE's trailer, will only play it on Sept. 1st.

Any news if D3 will be a sequel of D1?

Oh, and downloading Persona 4 Golden. If D2 isn't on sale next week (will play Gravity Rush this week), will start P4G and won't play any other RPG/VN until I finish it. So if you want me to play D2, Sony, you better put it on sale soon!

Shizuka

So it's a prequel?

Oh, and downloading Persona 4 Golden. If D2 isn't on sale next week (will play Gravity Rush this week), will start P4G and won't play any other RPG/VN until I finish it. So if you want me to play D2, Sony, you better put it on sale soon!

Comes first, as in I can't answer your questions without spoiling Danganronpa 2.

So it's a prequel?

No, 2 is a full sequel to 1, AE is in between those but has spoilers for both. I would wait to watch trailers, although no big red flags for 2 come to mind with regards to the trailers NISA have released.

DR2 answers a couple of your questions. 3 is supposed to come after 2.

AsfaeksBR

GameStop site says that the Hori Screen Filter is $0.97. Is this price right? The package comes with 1 or 2 filters? Is it better than the "Sony" one?

You should find richer friends.

Maybe you should stop buying every limited edition that's released for the VIta and start buying gifts for your friends... Maybe...

incpdo

Seems the amount of games coming to Vita and the giant list of our beloved upcoming Vita games thread bothers some trolls. It's sad ,really.

incpdo

Ugh, it's becoming way too frequent now. It's getting annoying.
I don't know why but my theory says they actually really love the console but they have a fanboy pride that is preventing them from saying it ,so as a defense reaction they damage the console reputation doing argumentless statements of what is lacking for them in the console's catalogue.

Okay, awesome. Apparently all games downloaded on a PS4 is playable by other accounts. This includes remote play! I reverted my Vita to US and remote played FFXV demo which was on my NZ account.

I'm still confused how PS+ sharing works though.
ps4digitalsharing1-555x157.jpg

What are these "certain benefits"? Does it include save sync?

I haven't paid $60 (full price for a console game) since Skyrim.. seems like Fallout 4 will be the next one. Bethesda does it again.

Fallout games never really grabbed me for too long, but goddamn... This presentation was simply mind blowing. This game looks MASSIVE. I will be so busy... I think this and Persona 5 will be all I need for a good, good while.

autoduelist

Fallout games never really grabbed me for too long, but goddamn... This presentation was simply mind blowing. This game looks MASSIVE. I will be so busy... I think this and Persona 5 will be all I need for a good, good while.

I grew up on the original Fallouts, so it was a harsh transition to 3. It didn't help that they were a buggy mess on PS3. I'm hesitantly excited for this one - I want to be absolutely ecstatic but it's hard after not being able to finish 3 due to bugs.

Fallout 4 looking good, I will personally wait for the complete edition but things I didn't like about it was voiced player and making villages.

Hikami

Today was great from just Nintendo's World Championship thing and Bethesda's conference. Imagine tomorrow though.. 4 more E3 conferences. (Well, in my timezone anyways.)

Still holding out hope that P5 actually shows up at Sony's conference.

RK128

So... Fallout 4. Damn.

I know man; the customization, the game going full-on Dead Rising with its weapons and outfits for the main character, the ability to play as both male and female characters, and the iOS intergration is really smart.

One of the best announcements from that conference (next to the Doom demo; that looked awesome :D!) for me :).

RK128

Today was great from just Nintendo's World Championship thing and Bethesda's conference. Imagine tomorrow though.. 4 more E3 conferences. (Well, in my timezone anyways.)

Still holding out hope that P5 actually shows up at Sony's conference.

Today was a great day for gamers; THREE new characters for Smash announced and playable the same day, Fallout 4 and Doom being shown off with great demos and from what I heard, the Nintendo Championship being a success (with a new game announcement and Mario Maker getting some more features).

I can't wait for the other shows tomorrow. If Microsoft shows of Banjo Threeie, Battletoads and Sony has Persona 5 and KH3 at their shows.....tomorrow will be amazing :').

I know man; the customization, the game going full-on Dead Rising with its weapons and outfits for the main character, the ability to play as both male and female characters, and the iOS intergration is really smart.

One of the best announcements from that conference (next to the Doom demo; that looked awesome :D!) for me :).
I'll be honest, Doom didn't do it for me. First reaction to it was just that it looked generic, idk. Guts, guns, cool just not for me /:

Next thing I am REALLY excited to see is Guerrillas new IP, which we will for sure see tomorrow. Boy am I hyped for that. Killzone engine, open world RPG, The Witcher devs working on it... yassss.

RK128

I'll be honest, Doom didn't do it for me. First reaction to it was just that it looked generic, idk. Guts, guns, cool just not for me /:

Next thing I am REALLY excited to see is Guerrillas new IP, which we will for sure see tomorrow. Boy am I hyped for that. Killzone engine, open world RPG, The Witcher devs working on it... yassss.

I like games that offer mindless fun, so that must be why Doom excited me so much :). The console modding support with its LBP-esc map maker is likely the reason I am excited for it; very impressive feat for a FPS I think :D.

Guerrilla's Horizon will be interesting to see; this is the first new IP from them since Killzone, so this could be the show stealer if KH3 doesn't show and the other conference disappoint. I hope we get to ride on Dinos in the game :); that was part of the leaked concept art, so I really hope thats still in the game :D.

RK128

Issue #2 of The Vita Lounge Magazine is now available for free to the public! :)

http://en.calameo.com/read/004256142daa5cf850741

Physical copies should be hitting doorsteps very soon.

Great issue :D. Really enjoyed interviews featured on DrinkBox and the SteamWorld Dig developers; very informative and explained a few things to me (like the comments on PS+ for example). The Oddworld section was really nice, as it even had early screen-shots of the Vita version of New N' Tasty alongside a nicely formatted history of the development of Oddworld from past to present.

I also have to praise the review formatting you guys did; they look more organized and structured compared to Issue #1 and the amount of content in each review is more spread out (the 'bigger' games have two page-long reviews while smaller games get one page reviews).

Overall, it was a great issue and I look forward to what you and the team do with the third issue :).

Bittercup

My 64gb card is acting strange :/
Yesterday I tried to copy FFX back from my PC and around 90% the timer just increases insanely high (>2000 minutes left). I thought maybe my backup is corrupt and tried to download from PSN instead but same problem happened. After a while the download just didn't advance with several hours estimated left. I let it run over the night and in the morning the download was actually finished.
So it does advance in the end but something is clearly not ok. Since I was worried I did reset the system and formatted the memory card in hope this will fix it. Now I'm trying to copy my games back which always works for a while and then suddenly a random game just hangs. Right now Toukiden Kiwami Demo at 521 minutes left with the time continuously increasing.
I assume that the MC has bad sectors and that's why the Vita hangs when trying to write something on it and once it's past it it works fine.
Anything I can do to fix this? It doesn't seem the Vita is marking those sectors to just skip them next time and I can't find a low level formatting option. Switching accounts doesn't trigger a proper formatting either.

My 64gb card is acting strange :/
Yesterday I tried to copy FFX back from my PC and around 90% the timer just increases insanely high (>2000 minutes left). I thought maybe my backup is corrupt and tried to download from PSN instead but same problem happened. After a while the download just didn't advance with several hours estimated left. I let it run over the night and in the morning the download was actually finished.
So it does advance in the end but something is clearly not ok. Since I was worried I did reset the system and formatted the memory card in hope this will fix it. Now I'm trying to copy my games back which always works for a while and then suddenly a random game just hangs. Right now Toukiden Kiwami Demo at 521 minutes left with the time continuously increasing.
I assume that the MC has bad sectors and that's why the Vita hangs when trying to write something on it and once it's past it it works fine.
Anything I can do to fix this? It doesn't seem the Vita is marking those sectors to just skip them next time and I can't find a low level formatting option. Switching accounts doesn't trigger a proper formatting either.

Did you try rebuilding the database at all in all of this (to fix the issue with copying/file recognition)? I find either rebuilding the database or a proper turn off and then back on (not sleep) fixes most of the software problems aside from bad hardware/accessories, and have been using the combination of the two to keep my Vita running just fine.

Bittercup

Did you try rebuilding the database at all in all of this (to fix the issue with copying/file recognition)? I find either rebuilding the database or a proper turn off and then back on (not sleep) fixes most of the software problems aside from bad hardware/accessories, and have been using the combination of the two to keep my Vita running just fine.
Yes. I forgot to mention: Rebuilding the database was the first thing I tried but nothing changed. That's why I was looking into formatting the card in hope this helps.
727 minutes left and the bar hasn't moved a bit :(

Tizoc

Why can't we have games like fallout 4(or 3 or any other western open world rpg) on handhelds? :(

Because they want to wow the crowd and low res graphics though nice looking don't cut it.
Also GAF would criticize it still.

I mean if we can't get Dragon Quest 8 on Vita, I say just be glad with what you are already getting.

Yes. I forgot to mention: Rebuilding the database was the first thing I tried but nothing changed. That's why I was looking into formatting the card in hope this helps.

Ouch. Sounds like no fun :(

Why can't we have games like fallout 4(or 3 or any other western open world rpg) on handhelds? :(

Nobody has the three things they'd need to make it happen; proper coders, money, and a risk-taking mentality.

Two is not enough, yet two-out-of-three is what everyone seems to have.

omg_mjd

Do you have another memory card to test with?

Bittercup

Do you have another memory card to test with?
Yes but I noticed something strange.
Since Toukiden was still stuck I stopped it and tried to copy several PS1 games roughly the same size as Toukiden. This went smoothly without any problems.
Then I went back to Toukiden and it did hang again. Then went to download it instead and this worked flawlessly. I copied three additional games from PC afterwards and they didn't have any problems either.
I'm not so sure anymore that it's the memory card. It feels completely random what games and when they hang. Bad sectors on the card should have at least some consistency. I found several threads of users having transfer issues since 3.50 but only when copying on the Vita, not from. Pretty confusing issue.
edit: and now Soul Sacrifice hangs. It seems to be really just random. Annoying problem :(
edit2: I switched to QCMA instead of the official content manager and now copying Soul Sacrifice worked. I didn't change anything else.
I hope this finally fixes the problem but since I still don't understand what is wrong in the first place let's rather wait and see if the rest of the games work fine, too.

Completely unrelated in good news: My L2/R2 trigger grip just arrived and a copy of Steins;Gate, too :)
Now I just need to figure out how to attach the grip. It feels extremely tight and I'm afraid to break something. Especially with my luck today. Not really my day so far.

What's with E3 that I hear stuff like "FF7 Remake", "The Last Guardian", "Shenmue", "Crash Bandicoot" all around the net. Is this the gamer's version of April Fools?

Have a good E3 everyone! I already got hype infected due to the DOOM trailer earlier, hopefully you guys won't too!

What's with E3 that I hear stuff like "FF7 Remake", "The Last Guardian", "Shenmue", "Crash Bandicoot" all around the net. Is this the gamer's version of April Fools?

Have a good E3 everyone! I already got hype infected due to the DOOM trailer earlier, hopefully you guys won't too!

Clickbait.

Sites with bad traffic and/or bad reputations resort to posting rumours as fact in order to drive traffic, and if they end up true drive credibility (falsely).

SerTapTap

Finally tried out the new content for Senran Kagura Estival Versus, Rin and Daidoji are really fun. Going to be a treat to get the localized version and understand what the hell is going on later this year too.

I'm assuming allllll of that is bs, there's way too many too-good-to-be-true things floating around.

Greddleok

Anyone in the UK know a good place to buy 64gb vita memory cards? I'm sick of having to delete and reinstall things all the time, but amazon is selling them for £50+ which seems ridiculous. Must be somewhere cheaper.

Ephidel

Anyone in the UK know a good place to buy 64gb vita memory cards? I'm sick of having to delete and reinstall things all the time, but amazon is selling them for £50+ which seems ridiculous. Must be somewhere cheaper.
You're really not going to find them much cheaper than that. Even the 32GB cards typically retail for £40-50 so expecting a 64GB for less than that isn't going to happen really, especially when any 64GBs are imports as they're not officially available here which just invites seller markups.

I ordered my last one from Nippon Yasan and they're at ~£49 atm but then you have shipping on top of that.

Top Bottom