• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | June 2015

Someone mentioned this in the other thread: The teaser pictures were all for multiple games so far, and the plus sign in the latest one is definitely colorful..

Crossing fingers for a Western release of IA/VT Colorful...
Give this to me XSEED!
iavt-colorful-346925.13.jpg

Crossing fingers for a Western release of IA/VT Colorful...
Give this to me XSEED!

Tom has talked about this on a thread on their forums before. Can't get on there right now from where I am, but iirc, he said they were interested in the game but it would likely be digital-only if it did come across.

Prelude.

Tom has talked about this on a thread on their forums before. Can't get on there right now from where I am, but iirc, he said they were interested in the game but it would likely be digital-only if it did come across.
I don't remember reading that (on gaf at least), if anything, the problem was the licensing.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
They are localizing all future Japanese releases
Staff was replaced with robots

Nitroplus confirmed

http://gematsu.com/2015/06/nitroplus-blasterz-coming-north-america-this-winter

Just nitroplus? You made me hope for more :\

EDIT:
tom confirms that there are no other announcements for the moment.

'Fraid we're all out for the moment. There may be more titles to come -- possibly even more titles in 2015! -- but this is our whole E3 lineup, at least. You guys now know the majority of what we're working on for a while.

...And why we've all been so damned tired, too! WHEW!! ;)

-Tom

RK128

Bloodstained has reached its last goal of $5M which means we will be getting an extra mode with a roguelike dungeon that you can share with friends. You wanted replayability, the game has New Game + which was given to us, and now this extra mode.

That is amazing news :D! Not only are we all getting a extra game ala Mighty Gunvolt but we are also getting a ton of extra modes; the game is going to be packed with content when it is finished :').

I hope everyone gets this when it launches and I look forward to playing this on my Vita in 2017 :D.

That is amazing news :D! Not only are we all getting a extra game ala Mighty Gunvolt but we are also getting a ton of extra modes; the game is going to be packed with content when it is finished :').

I hope everyone gets this when it launches and I look forward to playing this on my Vita in 2017 :D.
We are also getting the prequel games on the handhelds and consoles which is awesome

I don't remember reading that (on gaf at least), if anything, the problem was the licensing.

That's why I said it was on their forums :p

Anyway, here's the post about it, and you can read through the thread for more musings from Tom about the likelihood of it coming across:

"To be perfectly honest, while I do think there's a strong possibility we'll pursue this game (BECAUSE I WILL BE MERCILESS ABOUT IT), and I can definitely see a future in which XSEED releases it... I really don't see much chance of this game getting a physical release. If we do end up releasing it in English at some point, I'm betting it'll be a digital-only title via PSN.

I'd love to be wrong about that, of course! But the rhythm genre is not exactly a big-ticket money-maker in the west, and I just can't see investors, buyers, etc. ponying up the dough to support a physical release, much less an LE box. So if you're looking to collect an item for your shelf, I might suggest placing a preorder on the Japanese version while you still can.

Now, bear in mind, I could be wrong! I'm not hinting at anything here -- truly, I'm just flat-out guessing. But based on what I've seen of the market, I just really don't want to see you get your hopes up and end up disappointed."

Prelude.

That's why I said it was on their forums :p

Anyway, here's the post about it, and you can read through the thread for more musings from Tom about the likelihood of it coming across:

"To be perfectly honest, while I do think there's a strong possibility we'll pursue this game (BECAUSE I WILL BE MERCILESS ABOUT IT), and I can definitely see a future in which XSEED releases it... I really don't see much chance of this game getting a physical release. If we do end up releasing it in English at some point, I'm betting it'll be a digital-only title via PSN.

I'd love to be wrong about that, of course! But the rhythm genre is not exactly a big-ticket money-maker in the west, and I just can't see investors, buyers, etc. ponying up the dough to support a physical release, much less an LE box. So if you're looking to collect an item for your shelf, I might suggest placing a preorder on the Japanese version while you still can.

Now, bear in mind, I could be wrong! I'm not hinting at anything here -- truly, I'm just flat-out guessing. But based on what I've seen of the market, I just really don't want to see you get your hopes up and end up disappointed."

I don't know, in a post-Miku market I don't think it'd be that much of a risk honestly. You can use Miku's popularity without ever mentioning her, just use the magic word "vocaloid", use "see the lights" as your promo song and there you go.

I haven't been keeping up with the KS. Will the PS4/Vita versions be cross-buy? Or maybe they're saving the surprise announcement for later like with Mighty No. 9?
I don't think so since you have to pledge for which version you want + the consoles are being handled by Inti while the Armature guys handle the Wii U and Vita versions.

mothball

I've been thinking about this for a few days now after hearing about Superbeat Xonic's worldwide physical release, but the earlier Yakuza sales thread and the first few posts on this page really got me wondering.

What is it that allows a tiny Korean company founded from the ashes of another tiny Korean company that only made niche rhythm games to be able to do a worldwide physical release of their new niche rhythm game? Why can they do it without even a second thought? Western publishers that have done recent digital-only releases run the gamut from:

Tiny niche XSEED (Senran Kagura: Burst in the US, Rune Factory 4 in Europe)
Big niche Atlus (SMT4 and Conception II in Europe)
Major publisher Sega (Yakuza 5)
First party developer Sony (Oreshika, Soul Sacrifice Delta in the US)

It just boggles my mind that a tiny company putting out a game that probably won't break 30k worldwide can do a physical release without even blinking while companies as big as Sega and Sony can't be assed to do even limited edition physical runs.

Prelude.

I've been thinking about this for a few days now after hearing about Superbeat Xonic's worldwide physical release, but the earlier Yakuza sales thread and the first few posts on this page really got me wondering.

What is it that allows a tiny Korean company founded from the ashes of another tiny Korean company that only made niche rhythm games to be able to do a worldwide physical release of their new niche rhythm game? Why can they do it without even a second thought? Western publishers that have done recent digital-only releases run the gamut from:

Tiny niche XSEED (Senran Kagura: Burst in the US, Rune Factory 4 in Europe)
Big niche Atlus (SMT4 and Conception II in Europe)
Major publisher Sega (Yakuza 5)
First party developer Sony (Oreshika, Soul Sacrifice Delta in the US)

It just boggles my mind that a tiny company putting out a game that probably won't break 30k worldwide can do a physical release without even blinking while companies as big as Sega and Sony can't be assed to do even limited edition physical runs.
The bigger the company the less they know how to be profitable on smaller projects and there's also the fact that most of them think that no money is better than a little money so there's that as well.

The bigger the company the less they know how to be profitable on smaller projects and there's also the fact that most of them think that no money is better than a little money so there's that as well.

So I'm totally in support of the idea that sony is throwing away money by not have physical copies of games. That said...

The idea that Sony prefers 'no money' to 'little money' shows a nontrivial amount of either ignorance or bias when it comes to business. The manufacturing costs as well as coordinating with retailers might not be horribly expensive, but it takes time, which is directly linked to Sony's ability to maximize profits. You see "oh, it only costs 20c per retail copy, they'll make some money, obviously it's worth it" where as Sony likely sees "we have to spend X amount of manufacturing time pm a product with dubious sales potential when we could devote that time to something guaranteed to sell like [AAA game]."

I'm not saying this is absolutely the way it is, or that Sony is right about this, but it is not out of the realm of possibility that they would effectively lose money by making physical releases.

On the other hand, physical releases for games like this would foster a lot of goodwill within a group of people who have lots of disposable income and are willing to buy lots of games, so long term I think it's a good move.

Prelude.

So I'm totally in support of the idea that sony is throwing away money by not have physical copies of games. That said...

The idea that Sony prefers 'no money' to 'little money' shows a nontrivial amount of either ignorance or bias when it comes to business. The manufacturing costs as well as coordinating with retailers might not be horribly expensive, but it takes time, which is directly linked to Sony's ability to maximize profits. You see "oh, it only costs 20c per retail copy, they'll make some money, obviously it's worth it" where as Sony likely sees "we have to spend X amount of manufacturing time pm a product with dubious sales potential when we could devote that time to something guaranteed to sell like [AAA game]."

I'm not saying this is absolutely the way it is, or that Sony is right about this, but it is not out of the realm of possibility that they would effectively lose money by making physical releases.

On the other hand, physical releases for games like this would foster a lot of goodwill within a group of people who have lots of disposable income and are willing to buy lots of games, so long term I think it's a good move.
I wasn't exactly talking about Sony but more about Sega with the "no money" thing. If we're talking about the Vita, a big chunk of Sony is actively boycotting it so it's not like they're comparable to normal businesses. Any NISA/XSEED/Aksys/IFI Vita game has more marketing and advertising than any non-launch first party Vita games, they're trying to push sales instead of stealth releasing the game because "they have to" without any kind of "extra" expenses.
As for the retailers, companies like IFI rely almost exclusively on online shops, so there's no need to worry about games sitting on mom-and-pop store's shelves forever if you decide to print physical copies.

incpdo

With just a few hours to go we made it to the very last added threshold of $5.5M for Bloodstained. Boss mode. We just got that too.
They should give something for free, a new gallery mode or something because backers turn this game in the highest backed videogame in the history of kickstarter

They should give something for free, a new gallery mode or something because backers turn this game in the highest backed videogame in the history of kickstarter

They did a few days ago, it was a new game+ for the campaign. Just for reference, all other IGA games didn't have it.

autoduelist

It's not just making them, off course. It's getting them into stores and on shelves [as you say, coordinating with retailers]. It's dealing with store returns if they don't sell [can be a major expense]. A small run of a niche game that has a hardcore audience is, in some ways, safer. You don't necessarily need to get copies into the Fred Meyer's and the Targets, just sell preorders, maybe online, maybe some focused stores like gamestop or wherever.

As you say, there's just a lot of work involved. If vita games were flying off shelves, it would be different. Stores couldn't stock enough PS2 games, for example. But vita games? Some stores don't even have shelf space for that anymore, and Sony isn't interested in those small potatoes when they know that the vast majority will just buy it digital in a pinch. And honestly, even if those people wait for it to be half price or whatever, they're probably still making more per copy than with physical (though it's nice they gave a major price break with Oreshika).

I'm not really disagreeing with anything you said too much -- actually, i'm basically agreeing with you. I just don't think vita physical is a safe bet unless you absolutely know you can move your small run. And like you say, Sony isn't exactly interested in small runs.

incpdo

They did a few days ago, it was a new game+ for the campaign. Just for reference, all other IGA games didn't have it.
This is gonna be a way better game than any of the castlevanias IGA has worked before
I'm a little concern of how less awesome the vita version will be. I'm pretty sure armature will do an excellent job.

This is gonna be a way better game than any of the castlevanias IGA has worked before

If we are to round up everything that we amassed in this Kickstarter, this might very well be one of the most content heavy metroidvania yet:

-the 8-bit prequels coming before the game even launches
-the base game, which will have IGAs biggest castle yet, since we got that as a goal
-3 playable characters
-local co-op
-speed run mode
-boss rush mode
-a playable "retro level" dungeon
-a classic mode (which strips the RPG elements from the game)
-asynchronous multiplayer online
-VS mode
-the roguelike dungeon mode
-lastly the boss revenge mode (you get to play as a boss).

If he delivers on all of these? My fucking god.

Anyone knows a good deal on a The Last of Us: Remastered digital code ? I want to give it a second time, but now on PS4.

In any case, I feel that Sony will give it for PS+ after an E3 announcement

AsfaeksBR

Anyone knows a good deal on a The Last of Us: Remastered digital code ? I want to give it a second time, but now on PS4.

In any case, I feel that Sony will give it for PS+ after an E3 announcement

I bought a voucher for R$49 (around $15) on a brazilian site, ML. I activated it on my US account without a problem.
I'd help you get it, but already maxed the Card this month (backing LOUD on Planet X).
There are a few other brazilians here in the thread that maybe can help you out.

I'm glad it worked out for you in the end, I'm glad to have a friend like you that shares the Vita love.

<3

Hikami

I wish Operation Abyss had actually come out in April like it was supposed to.. was hardly playing anything around that time.
It's the opposite right now though and I'm hardly putting any time into it because of other more interesting games I'm playing. Maybe I'll just dedicate a specific day to playing it like Man God had been doing with Demon Gaze.

I wish Operation Abyss had actually come out in April like it was supposed to.. was hardly playing anything around that time.
It's the opposite right now though and I'm hardly putting any time into it because of other more interesting games I'm playing. Maybe I'll just dedicate a specific day to playing it like Man God had been doing with Demon Gaze.

As I was playing I began playing Symphony of the Night again. I'm almost finishing everything I wanna do with it, but I ordered the DS IGAvanias and have those waiting too. I will be honest, I was very excited for Operation Abyss, but what I got wasn't what I was expecting. The game is good, but some of the mechanics and the way the game works feels old (well because it kind of is right), and I lost interest I guess. Still, I don't regret buying it since at least I supported the DRPG scene.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Do you guys think that square will show SaGa at e3? For some reason i doubt it, i see it as a japanese event reveal.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Why is minecraft so difficult to buy on PS4? My daughter had a friend over and they were playing,nthey hit the trial time limit. I hadn't got around to buying it yet, but I'd bought the PS3 version so I figured another £5 was decent value. But when I went to the PSN store, it says I already purchased it? Hmm.

Tried restoring licenses, no dice. Try searching for minecraft and checking all the results just in case - nope, only one PS4 edition showing up, and it says I own it.

In the end I try searching for it on the web store, and right at the bottom of the list, on page two of the results, is 'PS4 version (unlock key)'. So I buy that for £4.49 on the web store and hopefully that'll let them play properly.

How has anyone managed to buy this damn thing?

Pookmunki

Why is minecraft so difficult to buy on PS4? My daughter had a friend over and they were playing,nthey hit the trial time limit. I hadn't got around to buying it yet, but I'd bought the PS3 version so I figured another £5 was decent value. But when I went to the PSN store, it says I already purchased it? Hmm.

Tried restoring licenses, no dice. Try searching for minecraft and checking all the results just in case - nope, only one PS4 edition showing up, and it says I own it.

In the end I try searching for it on the web store, and right at the bottom of the list, on page two of the results, is 'PS4 version (unlock key)'. So I buy that for £4.49 on the web store and hopefully that'll let them play properly.

How has anyone managed to buy this damn thing?

I can't help but I have never been able to buy the PS4 version of terraria because I own it on vita.

Saved me an impulse purchase anyway.

AmanoBuff

Well, I've posted my review of Tetris Ultimate on Vita if anyone's interested; http://thevitalounge.net/2015/06/12/tetris-ultimate/

The TL;DR version;
it's awesome, buy it.

Thanks for the review, and for the site in general. It is always one of my first go-to places to find Vita-related stuff.

Got the game digitally, but my wife's account is in the Singapore PSN and Tetris is not available there (yet?). I'm tempted to go check out a retail version for her but that will cost a lot more.

I'm a little concern of how less awesome the vita version will be. I'm pretty sure armature will do an excellent job.

I backed the moment I saw Armature. They did an amazing job with the MGS Collection on Vita. I really have no concerns about the end result. But all this Igavania thirst has me hoping for an Axiom Verge announcement. I hope they got all the tools they need and that they get the game out of the door soon.

Need advice on this situation of mine.

I already have a US PSN account. I have games there. I moved to New Zealand and bought a PS4 which came with some physical games.

Well, I know DLC codes are region locked, so my FFXV demo code was activated on my NZ account (region 4,same as UK I think?).

I WANT remote play. I already have a Vita. I backed up my Vita (was on US account) then reformatted it for my NZ account (thanks Sony). It works properly.

But now I want DMC4:SE which is digital only. But I also want to keep playing FFXV demo through my Vita. Buuuuut I want to buy DMC4:SE on my US account because it's cheaper and I can buy PSN codes off Amazon. Is there no possible setup for this outside selling the games I have, or buying another vita just for remote play? I Googled around and read read this:
http://www.gpforums.co.nz/threads/478903-Playstation-Plus-NZ-or-US?p=10062541#post10062541

Can I just buy DMC4:SE on my US account and still play it through my Vita which is currently logged into an NZ account?

Is it possible to log my Vita back to my US account but remote play FFXV which is on my NZ account?

Need advice on this situation of mine.

I already have a US PSN account. I have games there. I moved to New Zealand and bought a PS4 which came with some physical games.

Well, I know DLC codes are region locked, so my FFXV demo code was activated on my NZ account (region 4,same as UK I think?).

I WANT remote play. I already have a Vita. I backed up my Vita (was on US account) then reformatted it for my NZ account (thanks Sony). It works properly.

But now I want DMC4:SE which is digital only. But I also want to keep playing FFXV demo through my Vita. Buuuuut I want to buy DMC4:SE on my US account because it's cheaper and I can buy PSN codes off Amazon. Is there no possible setup for this outside selling the games I have, or buying another vita just for remote play? I Googled around and read read this:
http://www.gpforums.co.nz/threads/478903-Playstation-Plus-NZ-or-US?p=10062541#post10062541

Can I just buy DMC4:SE on my US account and still play it through my Vita which is currently logged into an NZ account?

Is it possible to log my Vita back to my US account but remote play FFXV which is on my NZ account?

You should be able to, actually. Just set up your NZ account to be your default account when switching on your PS4. Ditto your US account, actually. PS4s don't care which account your games are from, so long as that system was the nominated offline console for said account. If anything, your mistake was in changing the account on the Vita.

VLiberty

Futuridium plays amazing, but man that level structure...at least there are extra credits, even though I still haven't understood how do they work

Top Bottom