• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | June 2015

So that game is still not playable on the Vita then? I was hoping that now that I have a Vita again after two years of not having any Sony console that game would be playable on the Vita.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1054217

Not the only game to re-appear on EU PSN.

The amusing thing is, all these titles are still listed. I made that thread when I noticed them on 30th May so... nearly two weeks and they've done nothing about it?

I've actually been e-mailing PlayStation Support trying to get some refunds (Thrillville is completely in French; NFS Underground Rivals isn't compatible with Vita) and so far it's been hitting my head against a brick wall. Every person I've talked to has been adamant that NFS is compatible with Vita because it says so in the description, and I haven't even gotten a straight answer about Thrillville.

*Not entirely sure if this is the right place to ask, but it can't hurt.

To anyone who has upgraded their hard drive to a larger size, have you seen any negative ramifications (e.g. load times)? Keep in mind that I'm talking about a regular hard drive, not an SSHD. I'm thinking of getting a 1TB one but I wanted to check before doing so.

You should be able to, actually. Just set up your NZ account to be your default account when switching on your PS4. Ditto your US account, actually. PS4s don't care which account your games are from, so long as that system was the nominated offline console for said account. If anything, your mistake was in changing the account on the Vita.

Hmm so I setup like this?
Vita: US
PS4: NZ main, add US
DMC4: Get on US account

Doesn't remote play demand that my Vita and PS4 be logged on to the same region?

*Not entirely sure if this is the right place to ask, but it can't hurt.

To anyone who has upgraded their hard drive to a larger size, have you seen any negative ramifications (e.g. load times)? Keep in mind that I'm talking about a regular hard drive, not an SSHD. I'm thinking of getting a 1TB one but I wanted to check before doing so.

Depends on the drive speed and quality.

IIRC the standard hard drive is 5400RPM, so a 7200RPM 1TB drive would ensure slightly improved speeds even on a less efficient drive. ;)

omg_mjd

Was the Asian region version of Dynasty Warriors 8 for Vita patched? I recall that the JP version had a patch to fix the frame rate but that the NA version didn't. There's a cheap physical copy available at my local store so I was just wondering.

AsfaeksBR

Just finished Chapter 5 of Danganronpa, and it got me pumped. Holy moly, what's going on in this school? What will be revealed?
Now I'm off to bed so I can get up early tomorrow to play more!!!

So I got a free code to play Monument Valley and goddamn, this game is incredible. This would play really well on a Vita.

E3 is right around the corner, #believe

So I got a free code to play Monument Valley and goddamn, this game is incredible. This would play really well on a Vita.

I thought it really wasn't anything special. It looks great and has a few neat puzzles, but that's kind of it. There's not much to it. Certainly wouldn't double dip on it

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Type-0 Vita, obviously. A repeat of last year's post-e3, only the catch this time is that it's the psp version.

I'd rather get nothing instead, but now that you make me think about it maybe we could get chaos ring trilogy, are there other square vita games to be localized?

Takao

Banned

yeah echochrome was great on psp

I'd rather get nothing instead, but now that you make me think about it maybe we could get chaos ring trilogy, are there other square vita games to be localized?

spelunker zZzZz (on ps4 too)
rise of mana (on mobile too)
for the 3ds: final fantasy explorerers, bravely default
star ocean 555

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
yeah echochrome was great on psp

spelunker zZzZz (on ps4 too)
rise of mana (on mobile too)
for the 3ds: final fantasy explorerers, bravely default
star ocean 555

Nothing too great, i hope they'll show saga or some new vita game but i won't hold my breath.

incpdo

Some of my favorite sagas will have their spiritual successors in Vita.

Megaman- Mighty n9

Castlevania-Bloodstained

Metroid- Axiom Verge( well not a successor but good enough to be a good metroidish game)

Clock tower - Night cry ( or whatever the name is)

I'm really excited to have all of them transformed into Vita bubbles so I can play them

Tapejara

E3 Vita predictions:

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 Release Date
Mentioned during #BuildingTheList segment; one "big" title/localization
Cross-buy indies

I'll be happy if that's what we get.

E3 Vita predictions:

Cross-buy indies

Considering how the tales games were the ones who dominated the hashtags before, maybe its Innocence's turn now.

Any new vita game is good for me, as long as its not F2P crap.

Prelude.

"Two years ago we launched our #BuildingTheList program and the feedback has been outstanding so far. We've heard your voice and our team worked relentlessly with our friends at Bandai Namco to be able to bring to the PS family one of the most requested franchises of recent years. We're pleased to announce that
Digimon
All-Star Rumble
is coming out this year for the PSVita.
"

I don't even think there'll be a Building the List segment, btw.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Honestly i don't think there will be a #buildingthelist segment, IIRC it was at PSX, not at E3.

Guys this year a big amount of the time will be for VR and its games(remember wonderbook? Something like that), so the rest of the time will be for the big PS4 titles and the usual sony bullshits, i'm not even sure that we'll see indies on the stage, imo Vita won't be even named.

"Two years ago we launched our #BuildingTheList program and the feedback has been outstanding so far. We've heard your voice and our team worked relentlessly with our friends at Bandai Namco to be able to bring to the PS family one of the most requested franchises of recent years. We're pleased to announce that
Digimon
All-Star Rumble
is coming out this year for the PSVita.
"

I'll be extremely salty and angry at the same time if that's the game we will get.
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
imo Vita won't be even named.
So what your saying is the e3 will become like gamescom last year? where not a single vita announcement was made. I feel like that too but I always hope for the best, but expect the worst for the vita.
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
How's the racing games on PSN guys? with the GT Sport rumor floating around, I'm ready to go all in and save for a ps4 + new racing module. My G25 looks very much past its prime + it's starting to show some issues. Hopefully the PS4 would support the G27's, there's a couple of those in the shops here sold at a discount.

Kudo

PSTV is only 30 euros here now, should I grab one while they're in-stock? How is the region locking in PSTV, if japanese game works on PSTV does it work on European PSTV or do I need Japanese PSTV to play it?
Also can I just put my SD Card from Vita to it and it'll automatically have all the stuff? Thanks.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'll be extremely salty and angry at the same time if that's the game we will get.
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

So what your saying is the e3 will become like gamescom last year? where not a single vita announcement was made. I feel like that too but I always hope for the best, but expect the worst for the vita.
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
How's the racing games on PSN guys? with the GT Sport rumor floating around, I'm ready to go all in and save for a ps4 + new racing module. My G25 looks very much past its prime + it's starting to show some issues. Hopefully the PS4 would support the G27's, there's a couple of those in the shops here sold at a discount.
I hope for the best too, but after all these E3 i don't get my hopes up...

PSTV is only 30 euros here now, should I grab one while they're in-stock? How is the region locking in PSTV, if japanese game works on PSTV does it work on European PSTV or do I need Japanese PSTV to play it?
Also can I just put my SD Card from Vita to it and it'll automatically have all the stuff? Thanks.

What are you waiting for?
Carts are region free, if the pstv has the same account as the sd then yes you can use all the stuff inside it.

Prelude.

Local store, they seem to have lots of stock. Seems like it's 40 dollars on Amazon.com too so probably not that big of a sale, but so cheap that if it's worth getting might just buy it.
I see, I don't really need it but it'd buy it for €30 probably.

The PSTV is region free, just like the regular Vita, only digital content is region locked so if you have a eu account and import a physical japanese game you can't download its DLCs (updates are fine) but you can play the game normally.

RK128

E3 Vita predictions:

Cross-buy indies

For me, that would largely be it honestly; a majority of the 'big' localizations were already announced or will be announced (hopefully in GE2:RB and Digimon CS's case), so all that is left is waiting to see what other Indie games will be landing on Vita for the remainder of the year.

My expectations would be the following:
-Some big indie games announced for PS4 and Vita: Super Time Force, the Shantae series, Freedom Planet, and others
-Price Drop on both Vita and MC's: Vita 119$, 4 and 8 GB cards discontinued, 16GB now 20 bucks, 32GB now 40, 64GB now 60
-Ico Collection announced for Vita (could see this if TLG finally becomes a things)
-Building the List: 2K Games ports (Xcom, Civ 2, Bioshock 1), Square Enix (Chaos Rings Trilogy), Capcom (Mega Man Legends 1 and 2 PS1 Classics) and Namco-Bandi (Tales of...., GE2:RB)

Edit: ....Now that I remember the crap about Sony making a big deal about VR, forget everything I said :l; Sony will do even less for the Vita then they did back at last years Gamescom and E3 :(.

I don't think the Vita will be mentioned at all guys.

The conference is 2 hours long. 30mins alone will be dedicated to Morpheus, I can guarantee you that. 10-15min will be Sony numbers, you know they love them (I am being generous here, they might even spend more time talking about price drops), then they will have a ton of PS4 games to show. Namely, Battlefront, Uncharted, Dark Souls 3 (?), Guerrilla new IP, Until Dawn, Persona 5 (IT'LL HAPPEN), Destiny Expansion, amongst others.

So with the PS4 alone, they will have to squeeze everything real tight in order to show everything that they have. Remember, they aren't going to Gamescom, so they have to make an impact now.

Kudo

Few more questions before I press the button.
If I put my SD card from Vita to PSTV, then play compatible game on it can I just load my Vita saves on PSTV? I'm currently playing Demon Gaze and Senran Kagura and those should both support PSTV. I guess it would make no sense if the saves weren't compatible?
And lastly, is Ar Nosurge Plus PSTV compatible?
Thanks again and sorry for the questions, tried googling fast but nothing definite came up.

Few more questions before I press the button.
If I put my SD card from Vita to PSTV, then play compatible game on it can I just load my Vita saves on PSTV? I'm currently playing Demon Gaze and Senran Kagura and those should both support PSTV. I guess it would make no sense if the saves weren't compatible?
And lastly, is Ar Nosurge Plus PSTV compatible?
Thanks again and sorry for the questions, tried googling fast but nothing definite came up.

Yes (if both are connected to the same account) and yes (according to KT). :)

RK128

I don't think the Vita will be mentioned at all guys.

The conference is 2 hours long. 30mins alone will be dedicated to Morpheus, I can guarantee you that. 10-15min will be Sony numbers, you know they love them (I am being generous here, they might even spend more time talking about price drops), then they will have a ton of PS4 games to show. Namely, Battlefront, Uncharted, Dark Souls 3 (?), Guerrilla new IP, Until Dawn, Persona 5 (IT'LL HAPPEN), Destiny Expansion, amongst others.

So with the PS4 alone, they will have to squeeze everything real tight in order to show everything that they have. Remember, they aren't going to Gamescom, so they have to make an impact now.

.....So they could just spread the Vita announcements across the show throughout this week I guess :l. I mean, despite doing nothing with the Vita, it has a large show-floor presence at E3 and such shows, so I would imagine the PS Blog or gaming sites announcing one or two games.

Don't worry, I am expecting nothing from Sony this year. Got burned during last E3, Gamescom and the PS Experience. At least TGS last year had something for the Vita but still, its best to expect nothing from these events then anything at all.

I hope Square doesn't pull another Typo-0 with the Vita again....

Kudo

Yes (if both are connected to the same account) and yes (according to KT). :)

AND ordered. Thanks for help everyone.
The store has some sort of queue for the PSTV you can only keep it in your basket for 10 minutes before it deletes itself, I guess they're going to be out of stock soon.
Finally I can play some Senran Kagura on big screen, getting ready for that Estival Versus.

RK128

Thread back to E3 doom-and-gloom. Ahh... smells like home.

I honestly don't care about Sony's E3; a majority of the things I wanted got announced or was leaked (New information on Ratchet = 8 min. gameplay demo and new trailer alongside release date. New Sonic tittle = a much better looking sequel to the Boom 3DS game got announced. Smash DLC = Ryu and Roy are back alongside a great new stage :D. Got it and it is awesome :'). Vita announcements from both indies and JP publishers/developers = Super Meat Boy launching through PS+ and tons of new localization's were announced the past two weeks).

That is not even counting the 'lesser' announcements (Darksiders II getting a second shot on PS4 this fall for example), so I am very happy with how this Pre-E3 period dealt with things :). Sony will do nothing for the Vita....but we all know this already, so it is very hard to get excited for their conference when....they really have nothing for me :l.

ZeroAKA

I'm expecting indie game announcements for Vita/PS4/PS3 at most. NoA's upcoming line-up will probably be much more interesting to me than anything SCEA shows off at their E3 event.

My hope is that they explain the "Legacy console" thing by announcing that every PSOne and PSP classics will be playable. And/or PS2 games too, a man can dream.

But I don't think it will be even mentioned.

RK128

My hope is that they explain the "Legacy console" thing by announcing that every PSOne and PSP classics will be playable. And/or PS2 games too, a man can dream.

But I don't think it will be even mentioned.

To be fair, we are somewhat close to that, as more and more PS1 and PSP games are releasing on the PSN Store (like how Mega Man 8 and Trone Bone got release in May for example :D). I do hope that Crash, Spryo and other non-compatible games work with Vita for people who didn't use the PSN Glitch of 2014....but I highly doubt they would do that (unless they are bringing PS2/PS1 games to PS4 through emulation, then the chances are higher due to the likely case of re-licensing games to work on that).

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Thread back to E3 doom-and-gloom. Ahh... smells like home.

Doom and gloom is usually bullshit, we are just realistic...

After all these E3s who is still expecting something from Sony, especially now that they consider vita a "legacy" console?

Vita's E3s were never about Sony but about third parties and indies.

I don't think Vita will be a part of E3, unless they do an indie showreel and a few Vita games are included on it.

That said, the Civ Rev 2 Plus + XCOM Enemy Unknown Plus retailer listings yet no official announcement does make me wonder if there's going to be a short segment.

RK128

I don't think Vita will be a part of E3, unless they do an indie showreel and a few Vita games are included on it.

That said, the Civ Rev 2 Plus + XCOM Enemy Unknown Plus retailer listings yet no official announcement does make me wonder if there's going to be a short segment.

I think the most likely case is that Sony will show a highlight reel during the conference that last 2-3 minutes highlighting support for the Vita, with those two alongside a surprise game announcement (Disney Infinity 3.0 makes sense, considering they put 2.0 on the Vita, as does a new Tales of.... Vita game, as ToH sold well on Vita I think). Or, they will make a Vita highlight video for the PS YouTube channel.

Top Bottom