• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | March 2016

Phototropic

Neo Member
I'm still loving Aegis Of Earth. I'm maybe 60% in? Lots unlocked, and combat can get really tense. City design (weapon and other building placement) has a lot of choices in terms of how you spend your resources. Cities have very different setups, so combat in one city ends up very different from combat in another city.

Most definitely glad I got this game, and most definitely will plat it.

Do we know if it has a separate trophy list if I already plat'd it on ps3? [I'm in NA, so don't have access yet, but g'damn do i love that game]
I'm getting more into Aegis as I play it, so that is good to hear. Do you recall what point you get to switch from the starting city?

As for XCom, it is a separate list for Vita. Trophies went up some time ago.

Saphirax

For anyone interested in PS2 classics for PS4, Bully and Manhunt have just been released on the EU store.

Both have plats (or at least Bully does, but judging by the price Manhunt should as well).

Xenoflare

This blows my mind in so many levels. XCOM isn't a niche title to stealth release, I'm guessing the port must be terrible.
I'm buying it if performance is fine

Judging by it's size and Vita's power it's probably a port of the mobile version, not by any means bad, but inferior for sure.

Flandy

It depends on whether or not someone
flandy
can sell me on Black Ops Declassified.

I sure sold gamestop on it
25947973006_543a143738_c.jpg

I sure sold gamestop on it
25947973006_543a143738_c.jpg

Questions here:
1. You got $15 for COD Declassified? Was this 3 years ago?
2. Do you take pictures of all your GameStop receipts?
3. If I get a PowerUp Card do I still get a subscription GameInformer?
4. Is there still always a smelly guy that doesn't work there who just hangs out in GameStop all day?

Takao

Banned
So, the culmination of that question of "Is there any bigger title you'd want to start a #buildingthelist campaign for?" that I asked last week is here.

The three titles that came out on top were: GTA Trilogy (III/VC/SA); Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and Stardew Valley. As in I counted up the votes for every game mentioned (67 different franchises were brought up in total) and those three were suggested the most.

So if you're interested in any of those three things on Vita, please send Gio a tweet over the next couple of days. Idea being that if we can show there's concentrated demand for just a few titles, rather than the scattergunned "everything under the sun" suggestions he gets at the moment, it might be enough to actually get things moving. You can even copy my tweets if you want:

GTA

@giocorsi @amboyes @RockstarGames Can we get the Grand Theft Auto PS2 games on Vita? III/Vice City/San Andreas! #buildingthelist

Star Wars

@giocorsi @amboyes @DisneyInteract @AspyrMedia Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic for PS Vita please! #buildingthelist

Stardew Valley

@giocorsi @ConcernedApe @ChucklefishLTD @amboyes Stardew Valley for Vita please! #buildingthelist

I have no idea if this will work or fall flat on its face, but it cannot hurt to try. Gio still seems to love his Vita and he definitely has the ability to make things happen with it.

If you want any more info about why I'm doing this or why I think the games are possible both technically and realistically, I made a post on reddit about it - here.

Congrats on getting such a quick response.

Takao

Banned
That might just be a funny coincidence, but I checked their mentions and it's been flooded with #buildingthelist.

Flandy

Questions here:
1. You got $15 for COD Declassified? Was this 3 years ago?
2. Do you take pictures of all your GameStop receipts?
3. If I get a PowerUp Card do I still get a subscription GameInformer?
4. Is there still always a smelly guy that doesn't work there who just hangs out in GameStop all day?

1. This was 3 days ago on Friday
2. No
3. Yes
4. Thats you

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Damn the too long awaited XCOM suddenly stealth released and all we can do is a dozen of comments? Ok that this thread is really slowing down but i would have expected more! :(

Anyway please post screens and impressions! I'll buy it as soon as i buy some PSN credit.

EDIT:
from the xcom thread
Some impressions (can't post pics, but the ones from earlier show how it looks):

Port seems to be done by 2K China (the logo is there).

The graphics seem to be a bit downgraded, which is expected.

Performance so far feels similar to the console version - which wasn't great, but for this genre it's playable. I put hundreds of hours into the PS3 version and it didn't bother me much, so i'm expecting similar stuff here.

It has some hitches here and there, and a pretty annoying "SAVING" pop up after every turn which stops the action for a couple seconds - can't remember if it was in the original version.

The loadings are a bit on the long side, around 25 / 30 seconds before and after a battle.

You can move the camera using the touch screen, and also switch weapons by tapping it.

It seems to have the Enemy Within content, at least there are references to Meld and MEC troopers - haven't seen anything in game yet.

For me, I just wanted to be able to play XCOM on the Vita, so i'm loving it. So far it's a comparable experience to the PS3 version. People who didn't enjoy that version's performance will probably have a similar opinion here.

I'm gonna play the hell out of this game lol

Here we go:

bQnIL8Z.jpg

dmY3Y4L.jpg

id4ePaz.jpg

GAPt97Q.jpg

It looks rough on closeups but in game it looks good enough

RK128

Damn the too long awaited XCOM suddenly stealth released and all we can do is a dozen of comments? Ok that this thread is really slowing down but i would have expected more! :(

Anyway please post screens and impressions! I'll buy it as soon as i buy some PSN credit.

EDIT:
from the xcom thread

It looks rough on closeups but in game it looks good enough

Not a big RTS guy, so sorry if I didn't comment more on this game man :(. But I'm really happy your, well, happy with the game :D! If I recall correctly, you were the one most hyped for this release, so it must feel awesome to have the Vita port you want become a reality!

If this was a Sonic Colors or Sonic CD port, I would be in a similar spot too; jumping around and posting like nuts over the news XD!

Might get this down the line based off the impressions you shared and thank you for trying to 'spark' this thread a bit.

I know I haven't been that active on this thread lately but even without me posting it was a lot faster then now :(.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Not a big RTS guy, so sorry if I didn't comment more on this game man :(. But I'm really happy your, well, happy with the game :D! If I recall correctly, you were the one most hyped for this release, so it must feel awesome to have the Vita port you want become a reality!

If this was a Sonic Colors or Sonic CD port, I would be in a similar spot too; jumping around and posting like nuts over the news XD!

Might get this down the line based off the impressions you shared and thank you for trying to 'spark' this thread a bit.

I know I haven't been that active on this thread lately but even without me posting it was a lot faster then now :(.

You are not supposed to comment on games you aren't interested in! ;)
It seemed to me that many people were waiting for it, so i'm a little disappointed by the response, but the most important thing is that it will sell good enough to convice 2K(or someone else) to port other similar/western games :)

RK128

It seemed to me that many people were waiting for it, so i'm a little disappointed by the response, but the most important thing is that it will sell good enough to convice 2K(or someone else) to port other similar/western games :)

I think that like Resident Evil, X-Com is a major AAA IP, so people will pick up on it landing on the Vita. And if a lot of people buy the game, then 2K might consider bring X-Com 2 (if they have a mobile version in the works) or the Bioshock games to Vita (we got a mobile port of the first one).

I'm interested. Would've been more interested with a physical release, but I'll still pick it up.

I wouldn't hold out hope for this leading anywhere though. For starters 2K have closed the studio that were doing all this porting.

RK128

I'm interested. Would've been more interested with a physical release, but I'll still pick it up.

I wouldn't hold out hope for this leading anywhere though. For starters 2K have closed the studio that were doing all this porting.

That is a very good point; this port could of very well been their last major project before being shut down :(.

I do hope this leads to more 2K titles landing on Vita like their mobile stuff (Bioshock for example) but not holding my breath on that honestly.

I am a huge XCOM fan but I can't get too excited because it probably won't be available for me. I am going to buy it if it comes to the NA region which I don't think it will today because we still haven't received Civilization here.

ZeroAKA

I am a huge XCOM fan but I can't get too excited because it probably won't be available for me. I am going to buy it if it comes to the NA region which I don't think it will today because we still haven't received Civilization here.
Civ Rev isn't out in Europe either.

Takao

Banned
That is a very good point; this port could of very well been their last major project before being shut down :(.

2K China got shutdown because Borderlands Online (PC F2P) got cancelled. The Vita ports were likely just small side projects.

Sounds like Civ Rev 2 got patched in Japan last week. Maybe that's a sign it's finally coming over.

Putosaure

Oh I thought Paranautical Activity Vita was out today in PAL land. Well... not everything on the same week I guess.

SerTapTap

PSVR ordered.

What's the deal with no PSTV on Xcom? It obviously has the potential for controller controls. Even with PSTV canceled it seems silly to release a new game without support for it. Not that it should be a thing devs have to try to support...

PSVR ordered.

What's the deal with no PSTV on Xcom? It obviously has the potential for controller controls. Even with PSTV canceled it seems silly to release a new game without support for it. Not that it should be a thing devs have to try to support...

Civ Rev didn't have PSTV support as well, both were developed by 2K China.

SerTapTap

There's going to be a Trillion stream in 7 hours or so:

CeGeJUTUMAQN77d.jpg:large

I wonder if they'll show...an actual trillion fight. It's...pretty traumatic.

I'll probably have a first impressions/review in progress of this one soon since I dont' think I'll be beating it before release at this point.

incpdo

Oh man , i have no money left to spend for psn , the wait will hurt my soul till the end of the month. In my opinion it doesnt look that bad and performance wise if it is comparable to the ps3 version thats ok,
20 dollars if it has Enemy within its good enough for me. The description mention enemy within at the end but it only mention its copyright . I hope this version its included

2K China got shutdown because Borderlands Online (PC F2P) got cancelled. The Vita ports were likely just small side projects.

Sounds like Civ Rev 2 got patched in Japan last week. Maybe that's a sign it's finally coming over.

Just checked my version of Civ Rev 2, patch is there (1.01) - "fixed an issue that was preventing access to two bonus scenarios"

Patch is 367mb lol, so that won't be getting downloaded.

autoduelist

I'm getting more into Aegis as I play it, so that is good to hear. Do you recall what point you get to switch from the starting city?

Pretty early on? Something I've learned -- just concentrate on finishing your quests, don't spend too much time grinding up your cities. You'll unlock better weapons and more cities and many more characters. Progression from story play is much more important than any 'grind progression'.

For example, you'll eventually be able to upgrade your cannons to Rex Cannons which are far superior, and it resets them to level 1. And you only save a few bucks if you have high level cannons, but don't save any resources [the important part]. I advise not leveling anything higher than 3 or 4 if you can avoid it, unless absolutely necessary [which can be the case, especially for your power station, etc].

At this point, I never focus on grinding, only focus on 'missions' because, like I said, unlocking new stuff is far better than maxing current stuff.

Not a big RTS guy, so sorry if I didn't comment more on this game man

XCOM isn't even close to a RTS. It's more of a western SRPG with an overworld game.

Aegis looks so good. I've always been aware of it but never been mega hyped (had it pre-ordered though), but all these impressions are really pleasing. I love Acquire and I've been itching for more construction-based stuff on Vita. It's funny, we had none for years and now we've had two in the space of a few weeks (Aegis and Civ Rev).

Bit frustrated with the EU delay to April 22nd, but oh well. I have plenty to be playing anyway.

Top Bottom