• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | March 2016

I know I've asked this before in this thread but I forgot the answer, lol.

I can have 2x Vita and 1x PSTV activated on the same account, right?

But I can't have 2x Vita; 1x PSTV and 1x PSP? So I'd have to deactivate the PSP to activate a second Vita?

TOTP: Pre-order Trillion: God of Destruction!

I know I've asked this before in this thread but I forgot the answer, lol.

I can have 2x Vita and 1x PSTV activated on the same account, right?

But I can't have 2x Vita; 1x PSTV and 1x PSP? So I'd have to deactivate the PSP to activate a second Vita?

TOTP: Pre-order Trillion: God of Destruction!

Yeah, you can activate a maximum of three "portable devices" per account (with "portable devices" being the PSP, PSVita and PSTV).

Yeah, you can activate a maximum of three "portable devices" per account (with "portable devices" being the PSP, PSVita and PSTV).

Thank you!

I've made the crazed fan decision that I'm going to buy a second Vita. I know I could just do better memory card management on my current Vita, but I like knowing that all my games are on the system at once.

(XCOM is the straw that broke the camel's back :p)

Shizuka

Thank you!

I've made the crazed fan decision that I'm going to buy a second Vita. I know I could just do better memory card management on my current Vita, but I like knowing that all my games are on the system at once.

(XCOM is the straw that broke the camel's back :p)

That's not crazy now, it was crazy back when the 2000 launched. People have four, five Vitas nowadays.
Just kidding, but I had four (counting one PSTV) once.

That's not crazy now, it was crazy back when the 2000 launched. People have four, five Vitas nowadays.

Shit, I wish I had four or five Vitas - I'm over here with a single lonely Vita and two accompanying PlayStation TVs instead.

That said, I love my PlayStation TVs - maybe I need three of each.

SerTapTap

If there's a Vita successor I don't think even Sony would be stupid enough to not use microSD (and you can get 200GB pretty easy now). Big if, though. Oddly enough it's the only console I'd kind of want to see them do the "iterative" thing on. Spec bump, keep the design (possibly rebrand...), SD card, but keep the basics the same for BC + ease of porting.

I'm halfway towards losing my second overlord in Trillion and temporarily dead inside. Not sure how many more I'll lose, but I'm pretty sure you're not meant to win before losing almost all of them at this point

I actually have four, counting the second, $20 PSTV. I figured I might use it on a second floor TV or use it as my Japanese console, though I tend to play JP games on my US account because trophies

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Since i have to buy credit for XCOM then i guess i could buy something on sale(other than despair girls), so some questions:
-what modes do J Star Victory+ have? Is there enough single player content(the only thing i care)?
-Is One piece pirate warriors 3 good? Performance? SP content?
-what is monster bag?
-while we are at it how is lego marvel superheroes(the beat'em up-like, i love beat'em ups)?

SerTapTap

Since i have to buy credit for XCOM then i guess i could buy something on sale(other than despair girls), so some questions:
-what modes do J Star Victory+ have? Is there enough single player content(the only thing i care)?
-Is One piece pirate warriors 3 good? Performance? SP content?
-what is monster bag?
-while we are at it how is lego marvel superheroes(the beat'em up-like, i love beat'em ups)?

Monster Bag is a super stylish (but misleadingly grim/dark humor) point and click-ish adventure/puzzle game. It's only about 3-4 hours and has a couple of really frustrating puzzles, but I considered it worth a play (as a PS+ game, I dunno what price I'd recommend).

The sense of style is the real standout. The puzzles are alright, and kinda funny if you can deal with the fact you're killing a bunch of people. Along with Rick and Morty it kinda teeters on that edge of "grim but funny" and "just gross/mean" for me personally. (it's not as funny as Rick and Morty otherwise)

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Monster Bag is a super stylish (but misleadingly grim/dark humor) point and click-ish adventure/puzzle game. It's only about 3-4 hours and has a couple of really frustrating puzzles, but I considered it worth a play (as a PS+ game, I dunno what price I'd recommend).

The sense of style is the real standout. The puzzles are alright, and kinda funny if you can deal with the fact you're killing a bunch of people. Along with Rick and Morty it kinda teeters on that edge of "grim but funny" and "just gross/mean" for me personally. (it's not as funny as Rick and Morty otherwise)

Thanks for the description :)
I'll think about it.

Qurupeke

Not sure if this is the right thread, but is Knack really not worth it for 7€? The game seems repetitive but kinda fun, and it looks pretty good.

I had asked again on an other thread and a guy adviced me not to do so, but I'm still tempted...

Massa

Not sure if this is the right thread, but is Knack really not worth it for 7€? The game seems repetitive but kinda fun, and it looks pretty good.

I had asked again on an other thread and a guy adviced me not to do so, but I'm still tempted...

I think it's well worth that price. The game has issues but I had a lot of fun with it, the combat itself is interesting.

pariah164

How is Broken Age? I hear the name tossed around, but I'm still not sure what it is. Is it a visual novel? An adventure game?

Okay, another question: The sale is for PS Plus. I know PS Plus works differently; if I buy the game now, will I lose it once my PS Plus runs out (I have three months and don't intend to renew)?

Any games you buy with a PS+ discount are yours "forever" (so long as the store is up and your memory card doesn't break).

Any games you get for "free" through PS+ will not work when your subscription runs out, until you renew it.

Knack is a competently done older-style 3D platformer. Getting the upgrades is utterly stupid (though trying is purely optional), and the game maybe overstays its welcome a bit, but it is certainly not a game that people should be claiming isn't even worth $7. If you don't like 3D platformers, don't buy it. But if you enjoy that genre, you'll almost certainly get $7 of fun out of it.

x-post from the upcoming games thread:

Someone reporting on reddit that SD Gundam G Generation Genesis is getting an Asian-English version.

Cannot confirm because I can't get on Bandai-Namco Asia's Facebook page from the UK :p

https://www.facebook.com/bandainamco...83350521797060

CeTcHt-VIAAZErQ.jpg

Powwa

So let me get this straight. Sony is forming a new studio to make full fledged mobile games for IOS and Android but will not even bother with Vita. Okay.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
So let me get this straight. Sony is forming a new studio to make full fledged mobile games for IOS and Android but will not even bother with Vita. Okay.

Yesterday i was thinking that if the NX really doesn't have buttons maybe Sony(or MS?) could think of making a more traditional handheld that tries to appeal to all those who want buttons, but i guess this news kills any hope.

p94xMey.jpg

At this point complaining about Sony is like yelling at the clouds about the rain aha. But seriously I mean... Mobile games sell, and Vita games don't it's as simple as that. Go look at the numbers, there's nothing shocking going on here. Is it sad, yes, but at this point I'm pretty sure that you have seen that the reality is that the system is on its last legs, and we (gamers) are to blame really. Enjoy your system, play the games that it's gonna keep getting for the next year or two and that's that.

wilflare

p94xMey.jpg

At this point complaining about Sony is like yelling at the clouds about the rain aha. But seriously I mean... Mobile games sell, and Vita games don't it's as simple as that. Go look at the numbers, there's nothing shocking going on here. Is it sad, yes, but at this point I'm pretty sure that you have seen that the reality is that the system is on its last legs, and we (gamers) are to blame really. Enjoy your system, play the games that it's gonna keep getting for the next year or two and that's that.

looking forward to Sony's full transition to mobile in the future.
playing Persona 7 on iPhone 10 should be pretty awesome I reckon

Gravity Rush 2 Remastered would be sweet with the amazing gyros on mobile phone these days

ZeroAKA

Gravity Rush 2 Remastered would be sweet with the amazing gyros on mobile phone these days
Port everything to NX.

Takao

Banned
Money>no money.

This new studio is being opened in Japan with the intent of producing content for Asia. I guess every Japanese publisher that makes a game on Vita is on the verge of bankruptcy? Man, they're going to be screwed once Vita is dead, since those PSV/PS4 games almost always sell more on Vita. If they're already losing money on the Vita versions, imagine how much they're bleeding on PS4. With that in mind, I guess Sony is making the smart decision and preparing for an all-mobile future.

Is it sad, yes, but at this point I'm pretty sure that you have seen that the reality is that the system is on its last legs, and we (gamers) are to blame really.

When did SCE open a PR branch in Toronto?

I don't think there will be a full transition to mobile. But I also don't think we will ever see a handheld from Sony again.

Time to cash out my big fat $0 cheque. LMFAO.

Chesskid1

Banned
refurbished blue vita from GS just arrived like 20 min ago.

havent had a chance to test out everything but superfacially it is flawless after wiping some dust off.

so much lighter than the vita fat, wow.

it also came with a screen protector, cloth, headphones, and the charging adapter.

really satisfied for $134 after tax

the color is so freakin beautiful

Will the US version have to bought through Rice? Or will Amazon stock it? Last time I ordered from Rice for the US versions of Steins;Gate, they shipped it from some warehouse in US by UPS, came in bent since it was in a big box with no packing and I had to pay customs as much as the games itself (Canadian here).

EDIT: Looks like Happiness edition is exclusive to Rice. https://twitter.com/RiceDigital/status/713045619590475777

Holy crap things just got creepy lol. I had totally not seen that until you pointed it out. Not a fan of the series, but I don't know if I'd go out of my way to buy it for the $45 pan-- screen cleaner.

Ephidel

Ninety five fucking dollars? Tell me there's something I'm not seeing.
The regular edition on Rice is listed at £29.99 and the limited at £64.99, both of which look like completely normal prices for regular and limited editions to me, so welcome to UK pricing?

£65 is approximately $92, so that transfers over pretty closely. The regular edition less so (Google says £30 is ~$42.50 rather than $50)

SerTapTap

How is Broken Age? I hear the name tossed around, but I'm still not sure what it is. Is it a visual novel? An adventure game?

It's got a pretty damn good first act and the second half is...damn, honestly it's barely worth playing. There's a few okay puzzles and jokes, but for the most part part 2 is weak across the board.

If it's real cheap and you like adventure games go ahead though, the first half is probably worth it

univbee

I maintain a list of PS4 retail game update sizes for use by people with limited internet (slow speed, low quotas etc.) so they know what to expect when picking up a game, although I might be phasing it out, not sure if there's sufficient interest to maintain it for much longer. Would such a list actually be relevant to anyone here?

pariah164

It's got a pretty damn good first act and the second half is...damn, honestly it's barely worth playing. There's a few okay puzzles and jokes, but for the most part part 2 is weak across the board.

If it's real cheap and you like adventure games go ahead though, the first half is probably worth it
It's on sale for $6.50 through PS Plus, so I may.

ryseing

This new studio is being opened in Japan with the intent of producing content for Asia. I guess every Japanese publisher that makes a game on Vita is on the verge of bankruptcy? Man, they're going to be screwed once Vita is dead, since those PSV/PS4 games almost always sell more on Vita. If they're already losing money on the Vita versions, imagine how much they're bleeding on PS4. With that in mind, I guess Sony is making the smart decision and preparing for an all-mobile future.

Handheld gaming is moving to the mobile space. While my comment was a bit tad in cheek I'm not exactly stating anything that hasn't been said before.

Love Vita and 3DS FWIW. Wish what was happening wasn't the case but it is.

Powwa

Money>no money.

Oh this is news to me.

names2hard4you said:

I mean if you call that complaining, okay. But I am more surprised in this decision. Keep in mind I'm not against the idea of Sony going mobile but they abandoned Vita all together when it started to move some decent units in Japan and I assume in Asia since they've been making some investments there and also we see a lot of localizations specifically for Asian regions.

Yes in US Vita has failed but in some markets in EU and Japan it still manages to move some units. Games still mostly sell more on Vita when it's multiplat with PS4 in Japan, so there's that.

Lastly it's a ridicilous thing to say gamers are to blame, Sony has no one but to blame themselves for this situation. And of course I'm enjoying my system but I'm also free to talk about my dissatisfaction about the company.

Top Bottom