• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | March 2016

Going to need to see that eventual English Asia announcement, because that sounds amazing.

I'll definitely buy it. Still hoping for an English version of Omega Labyrinth as well :x

give me pls

---

NISA has given Psycho Pass a placeholder date of Sept 9th in EU. Might change of course, but that's the target for now.

Kresnik pls

No one wants 30fps DMC and if it had been in development for more than 6 months, we would've gotten the last good Ridge Racer.

Harada says he likes Vita, but still (and forever) no Tekken.

I hear 30fps Ninja Gaiden was good enough (when it could maintain that, of course). I liked Unbounded, although I would've preferred the launch Ridge Racer to be a better game indeed (not even that much better, just include a freaking career mode).

Lack on Tekken on Vita is my other big hangup. Didn't Harada say he'd bring Revolution if it passed a certain number of downloads, which it did? Not that I'd want F2P Tekken, but it'd be better than the nothing we have now.

maouvin

Vita thread needs more discussions. So I am here.

Genkai Tokki Seven Pirates (lit. Limit Erect Flag Seven Pirates) is sounding like Game of the Century material. The cast makes me think Pirates of the Caribbean but with more Otton.

This also explains why it's a Genkai Tokki game but not a Genkai Tokki game.

I am going to translate every instance of パイ to Pie. Just because.

HOIST YOUR PIES, MATEYS!

This game.

Takao

Banned
Lack on Tekken on Vita is my other big hangup. Didn't Harada say he'd bring Revolution if it passed a certain number of downloads, which it did? Not that I'd want F2P Tekken, but it'd be better than the nothing we have now.

Yes, he did say if Revolution was successful it would get a Vita port. Despite over 4 million downloads on PS3 (still not enough?) and the game being in operation years after release, there's no Vita version. Occasionally he responds to comments on Twitter asking for a Vita Tekken. His usual reply is, "It's not too easy" and, "We need more memory or development cost or time.." He went into more detail in a Japanese response, saying that not only would it be difficult to develop, the vast majority of Tekken's sales come from the west, where handhelds aren't hugely popular. Of course this is the same guy who's put teams on a Wii U exclusive F2P game and a project in a market (VR) that he believes won't be mainstream for at least a decade. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SerTapTap

Don't forget to jump on that Assault Android Cactus, fantastic game.

Also, do we have any info on when Legend of Dark Witch is coming to PS in the west? Great little games, especially 2.

Rubbing minigames are the biggest red alarm on that new CH game for me. Rubbing minigames are NEVER fun why do they keep doing them. It's not even a novelty anymore, it was never sexy, it's just awful grind. I'll gladly admit to being one of the perviest SOBs on this site and that rubbing stuff does nothing for me.

I've played 3 last month and it jumped right in my top 3 FPS ever(the other two being the HL2 "trilogy" and Bulletstorm). It bombed hard and killed the franchise though, but that was to be expected between Sony's non existant marketing and Resistance 2 fucking up every hallmark of the first game. I can't help but feel that Retribution is the actual Resistance 2.

Burning Skies is just mediocre and uninspiring. It's not actually bad or broken but it's definitely the worst game in the series.

There's a lot of similarities between R3 and HL2. Really sucks the game didn't get better treatment, IMO Resistence 3 itself doesn't really do anything wrong either. It's pretty much all on R2, Sony and the 360 stealing attention. If only they could have delayed R3 to PS4 or something.

Does it make any difference for a company like Falcom that doesn't have a western publishing arm though? They sell the licencing rights for a fee whether it's on PS4 or Vita.

I'm sure they still get royalties, don't they? At least I can't imagine XSeed just pays a flat fee for each game and then keeps 100% of profit

RK128

What makes you think the Vita version won't come out if there were no PS4 version? This is Ys 8, not super indie unknown Japanese game #348.

Saw a lot of comments questioning my statement.....I guess I was just assuming XSEED would wait for the PS4 version to release first to get maximum exposure for the game. I don't think its releasing this year in the west anyway due to localization likely taking a long time, so I just thought them waiting for the PS4 version to finish could give them more time for the localization and to use more of the PS4's features.

If I'm wrong about anything, sorry for stating such.

Tizoc

It's fun , its kinda open world, it's ugly( certainly better than the DS one tho), the accent of the dude is so over the top that actually kills the character for me at least.
The gameplay is alright but it's kinda glitchy so I suggest seeing a few minutes of walkthrough just to see what you might encounter.

Edit: I don't understand why no one puts the tenchu games on the psn . I mean we could play 3 psx tenchu games: tenchu shinobi gaisen( the best first tenchu version), tenchu hyakusen and tenchu 2, plus in Psp we have actually 4 more games : kurenai, tenchu 3 portable, tenchu 4 and tenchu time of the assasins plus we have even a shinobido game (tales of the ninja)

Thanks for the info.
Regarding Tenchu, don't From Soft own the IP or license now? You'd think they'd put them up :V
Then again maybe license issues are in the way?

Christian

Friends, I am the king! Got the Pirate Warriors 3 platinum tonight and I am equal parts proud of myself and disgusted with myself. Can't believe I would grind so much for a platinum trophy, but I got the Dragon Quest Heroes one, as well, and that wasn't short on the grinding, either, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised... Now I'm staring at Taiko V, Setsuna, and Legend of Heroes, trying to decide where to go next. And I think I won't go with any of them.

Ventara

Saw a lot of comments questioning my statement.....I guess I was just assuming XSEED would wait for the PS4 version to release first to get maximum exposure for the game. I don't think its releasing this year in the west anyway due to localization likely taking a long time, so I just thought them waiting for the PS4 version to finish could give them more time for the localization and to use more of the PS4's features.

If I'm wrong about anything, sorry for stating such.

Maybe there was a misunderstanding on my part, but I read that as the game not being localized if there were no PS4 version. I, too, think XSEED might wait and release both simultaneously sometime next year.

And stop apologizing, haha. Makes me feel like a bad guy, lol. I know as much about localization decisions as the next guy (aka not much).

RK128

Maybe there was a misunderstanding on my part, but I read that as the game not being localized if there were no PS4 version. I, too, think XSEED might wait and release both simultaneously sometime next year.

And stop apologizing, haha. Makes me feel like a bad guy, lol. I know as much about localization decisions as the next guy (aka not much).

I wasn't directing my post at you man XD! You're cool man :D.

I just worded that post wrong.....I meant that the game had a PS4 version, so they will hold out to localize it for the western release when the PS4 version is ready.

Having a blast with The Division because it lets me play my way. I can play solo and explore the side content and city that way, and when I hit up a mission, I can automatch with another 3 people. I'm only level 9, so no full-game Dark Zone impressions from me yet until I reach 10. What i can say from having tried it in the beta is tbaf I wouldn't really recommend soloing it, nor partnering with randoms, since I could totally see them backstabbing you. But that could be a huge plus for many. DZ is some tense stuff.

So many sequels to good games are coming, games that I found almost perfect in their genre

The way you controlled movement in 999 and VLR was horrible, so I really hope that this will be fixed in the new game.

The stiff animations in SAO:HF and the remains of the PSP graphics.

The same goes for Danganronpa, I really hope they are doubling down on the graphics for the new game.

Psychonauts 2, I hope they make the telekinesis controls similar to old gems like Psi Ops or Second sight(?).

Toukiden 2, I'm hoping for smoother enemy movement and more animations for each enemy.

Im also hoping for vanillaware's next game to be have less enemies (at the time) and a combat system that is slower and more focused on position and execution(think Salt&Sanctuary or Knack).

Ambitious

I really don't understand why there's no way to view pictures in fullscreen in the PSN web store. It doesn't make any sense. Also, why isn't it possible to use the arrow keys to move to the next/previous picture?

If the current picture is the rightmost one in the image carousel below, you have to first click the right arrow to move the carousel and then click the next image. Two clicks just to go to the next image? That's obviously not the end of the world, you know, but it's just subpar from an User Experience standpoint. They should add floating left/right arrow buttons next to the image.

Also, in the German PSN store, there are many examples of capitalization errors. And they're not even consistent: For instance, in the navigation bar at the top, it's "Schnäppchen und Angebote", which is correct, but in the sidebar it's "Schnäppchen Und Angebote". Unless it's the first word of a sentence, you don't write "und" in uppercase. Never ever. How can this even happen? Are these two separate strings in the source code? Why? Or does the code automatically transform all sidebar items to title case? Why??

The whole thing just feels so incredibly cheap and amateurish to me. (Not just because of those few issues.)

edit:
psn59u55.png

Indeed, the sidebar items are transformed to titlecase. Why the hell would you do that?

edit 2:
psn234rcg.png

It's the same with some menu items from the navigation bar. Some. There's no blanket titlecase transformation. So whoever wrote this text actually used the wrong capitalization. Or maybe the text is already transformed while the page is being generated on the server, instead of during rendering it at the client, like the sidebar items.

Oh, and why are the other two items in all caps?

I thought it had the same type of combat as Muramasa and Odin's Sphere. So Princess Crown is more methodical an slower paced?

Indeed, it has. But they are about as "same type of combat" as Monster Hunter and God Eater are.

I couldn't find a better video, but see for yourself. Also has story sections, so stop the vid after the fight if you don't wanna see any.

The PSP port is on PSN, BTW.

Many will probably disagree*, but:
Princess Crown >>>>>>>>>> Dragon's Crown

*Or not many, because only few have played PC. ;_;

P.S. If you're one of the people who complained about backtracking even in the Vita version of Oboro Muramasa, Princess Crown will probably crush your soul and feed it to the trolls. You will never be the same again.

VLiberty

Do you think we'll ever get 1st/"2nd" party PSP games on PS4 through their PS2 ports?
The only PS2 games Sony isn't porting right now are:
- licensed games(F1/WRC)
- games that got remastered on PS3
- PSP ports

the first two make sense, but the third one? It's not like they care about their handhelds so I find it rather odd.

I want to replay Size Matters in glorious 1080p60. Well, not so glorious since the PS2 version of SM was not great. But whatever.

adarker

Banned
Boss! for Vita is listed twice on Playstation Store and Vita Store with two different prices and no explanation. Anyone know what's up?

I'm trying to get Remote Play to work via wifi because Direct Connect just doesn't work smoothly from my room. I get either np-9582-4 or np-9583-5. Already tried port forwarding and setting my PS4 to DMZ. My PS4 is wired. Does region matter? My accounts are US, but I live far faaaaar away from the US. If it's relevant, I can stream Twitch on my PS4 perfectly.

Direct connect just plain blows. I don't know why. My other devices get 100% signal from my bedroom. I wish the Vita can just connect to the router which has prolly has better range than my PS4.

edit: Wow, I even tried the Android app. Can't find my PS4 either.

edit: Fixed. As it turns out my PS4 was using wifi after all. I had to set it to use the LAN connection.

I'm trying to get Remote Play to work via wifi because Direct Connect just doesn't work smoothly from my room. I get either np-9582-4 or np-9583-5. Already tried port forwarding and setting my PS4 to DMZ. My PS4 is wired. Does region matter? My accounts are US, but I live far faaaaar away from the US. If it's relevant, I can stream Twitch on my PS4 perfectly.

Direct connect just plain blows. I don't know why. My other devices get 100% signal from my bedroom. I wish the Vita can just connect to the router which has prolly has better range than my PS4.

edit: Wow, I even tried the Android app. Can't find my PS4 either.

You have wifi powersave off on the Vita, right?

PS; It doesn't matter about the account stuff.

Indeed, it has. But they are about as "same type of combat" as Monster Hunter and God Eater are.

I couldn't find a better video, but see for yourself. Also has story sections, so stop the vid after the fight if you don't wanna see any.

The PSP port is on PSN, BTW.

Many will probably disagree*, but:
Princess Crown >>>>>>>>>> Dragon's Crown

*Or not many, because only few have played PC. ;_;

P.S. If you're one of the people who complained about backtracking even in the Vita version of Oboro Muramasa, Princess Crown will probably crush your soul and feed it to the trolls. You will never be the same again.

It looks interesting, I'll add it to my never-ending backlog ;)

Benedict

The Swindle is pretty cheap in EU.
Thinking of getting it, but at the same time it screams PS+ title...

Hows Munch's Oddysee HD on Vita? No cross-buy?

One of by favorite games last year, buy it!

-----

Has anyone here tried dreii. if so, can you choose who to play it with or is it always random?

How many levels are in the game?

RK128

It has no cross-buy, but the port is solid. It looks nice (I think its native res?) and it controls well enough.

Its more or less the 2D Oddoworld games but migrated into 3D. This leads to some stiff controls at points but overall, its a decent game :).

redcrayon

The Swindle was one of my favourites last year, it's really good. The whole focus on getting ready for that one final run, that you can choose when to tackle, is just great. The sense of humour is cool too, but then I'm British so maybe it just feels pleasantly familiar to me :)

Christian

So, am I crazy? I got The Walking Dead Season One when it came out on Vita a couple years ago, and I got The Wolf Among us a little over a year ago. I played WAU right away and while I thought the last chapter left a little something to be desired, overall I really enjoyed it.

I've procrastinated about playing The Walking Dead, for some reason, despite all the accolades. With Pirate Warriors 3 taking so much time, and with me dragging my feet through PS4 Wolfenstein, I thought maybe now would be a good time to play something quick and simple, and I've been putting it off for so long, so why not?

Well ... I'm not wild about it. I'm through the second chapter, and I much prefer The Wolf Among Us to The Walking Dead. I'm actually kind of upset that WD has a sequel and a spin-off, while WAU appears to be the only Fables game Telltale is going to make. And it's really surprising that WD garnered so many awards when it came out. Surprising to me, at least.

So, am I crazy? I got The Walking Dead Season One when it came out on Vita a couple years ago, and I got The Wolf Among us a little over a year ago. I played WAU right away and while I thought the last chapter left a little something to be desired, overall I really enjoyed it.

I've procrastinated about playing The Walking Dead, for some reason, despite all the accolades. With Pirate Warriors 3 taking so much time, and with me dragging my feet through PS4 Wolfenstein, I thought maybe now would be a good time to play something quick and simple, and I've been putting it off for so long, so why not?

Well ... I'm not wild about it. I'm through the second chapter, and I much prefer The Wolf Among Us to The Walking Dead. I'm actually kind of upset that WD has a sequel and a spin-off, while WAU appears to be the only Fables game Telltale is going to make. And it's really surprising that WD garnered so many awards when it came out. Surprising to me, at least.

I'm the opposite. People were all "yay, Wolf Among Us!" when it came out - then I played it, and it wasn't really anything special IMO. I didn't feel much for the characters, and it was a little boring at times.

Does anyone here know if it's possible for the developers to add new Vita remoteplay control schemes post launch or if this is something completely in the hands of Sony?

Pookmunki

Took the Trails announcement as a great opportunity to get SC at a reduced cost.

I'll just pretend 3Rd isn't coming over and will read a synopsis when SC is completed.

All good!

M.D

Is PSN down for anyone? It gives me this error when trying to edit information

CE-35327-0

Unable to connect to the server. Server is likely to be temporarily busy.

and another error related to network when testing the connection (There's internet connection but it fails to connect to PSN)

Edit: NVM

Solved after updating firmware

Top Bottom